IGNORED

Baby Vuolo Is a Girl

GnomeCat

In our neighborhood lives a man named Chris, his wife named Chris, and their son named Chris.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kelly Severide, firefighter hunk on Chicago Fire. Nothing feminine about him! And famous Black heart scientist, Vivian Thomas, who said his parents were expecting a girl. See the movie "Something the Lord Made" with Alan Rickman for the full story, one of the best movies ever.

10 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

Kelly Severide, firefighter hunk on Chicago Fire. Nothing feminine about him! And famous Black heart scientist, Vivian Thomas, who said his parents were expecting a girl. See the movie "Something the Lord Made" with Alan Rickman for the full story, one of the best movies ever.

oh man you just made me think of the scene a few weeks back on Chicago fire when Stella met Severide's mom for the first time and stuck her foot in her mouth over his name and how it was unisex. 

2 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

In our neighborhood lives a man named Chris, his wife named Chris, and their son named Chris.

My nephew and his wife have similar names- Michael and Michaela

They both have the same middle name

My niece's late father had the same first name as my nephew's last name (and his now wife's last name.)

It's too bad because I am sure they would given their first son (first grandson on both sides) her late father's name, but then the kid would have been named Ryan Ryan

Just now, SassyPants said:

My nephew and his wife have similar names- Michael and Michaela

They both have the same middle name

My niece's late father had the same first name as my nephew's last name (and his now wife's last name.)

It's too bad because I am sure they would given their first son (first grandson on both sides) her late father's name, but then the kid would have been named Ryan Ryan

ha that reminds me of Haley's dad on one tree hill James (Jimmy) James. 

5 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

ha that reminds me of Haley's dad on one tree hill James (Jimmy) James. 

my husband has a cousin who is Peter Peters.

I've said this before on this forum, but a former co-worker and her husband had exactly the same name:  i.e. they were both named Kelly Smith.

There is also a (male) guitarist called Vivian.  He plays for Def Leppard.

3 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

I have been meaning to mention Vivian Thomas.  I loved the explanation on why is name was Vivian.  I agree great movie. 

it seems some parents just can't let names go even if they are proven wrong about the sex of said child. Kristan Bell said she and husband Dax Shepard named eldest Daughter Lincoln because she got a boy vibe during her pregnancy and just decided to keep the name when they found it they had a daughter. 

talking baby names Khloe Kardashian named her daughter True after her great grandfather and grandfather Kris's side. this may have been cute but Khloe was so upset that she was having a girl and not a boy I just see being named after males as one more slap in the little girls face that her mom really wanted a boy. 

Also Ironic considering all the cheating rumors around the baby daddy

2 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

it seems some parents just can't let names go even if they are proven wrong about the sex of said child. 

My friend and his wife wanted a daughter named Alexis. Now they have a son named Alexis. It's grown on me (he's 19) and now I prefer it for a boy.  

As for Ashley there's Ashley Hamilton, son of George Hamilton.

5 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

My friend and his wife wanted a daughter named Alexis. Now they have a son named Alexis. It's grown on me (he's 19) and now I prefer it for a boy.  

As for Ashley there's Ashley Hamilton, son of George Hamilton.

Or Ashley Wilkes of course :)  Played by Leslie Howard.

12 hours ago, Nargus said:

The only other male Ashley that comes to mind is the guy from O-Town.

First time I came across it was in Gone With the Wind :D 

I saw this on the front page of reddit and it made me think of this thread! I think that's actually pretty good advice.

ouzk2mv7ads01.jpg

On 4/15/2018 at 10:49 PM, Feminist_Defrauder91 said:

Before they announced the sex I had a dream they were having a girl and named her Claire, so I'm going with that name. 

I'm spending too much time on FJ :laughing-rollingyellow:

I LOVE the name Claire!!!

I have a unisex name & don't like it only because I'm SUCH a girlie girl....I always wanted a really pretty name but not much I can do about that!!!! 

31 minutes ago, mollysmom said:

I LOVE the name Claire!!!

I have a unisex name & don't like it only because I'm SUCH a girlie girl....I always wanted a really pretty name but not much I can do about that!!!! 

I'm glad you like it (it's my name). Annoyingly, so did every parent of a baby girl born in the UK in 1975. I was one of 5 Claires in my primary school class at one point.

As for unisex names, in Australia Ashley (this spelling) is usually a male name, and reasonably common for boys born in the 1970s and 1980s. In the 1990s it started to be used for girls, but was often spelled Ashleigh or Ashlee instead.

And the name Vivian - people in cricket playing countries will know Viv Richards - absolute bad-ass West Indian cricketer, known for facing the fastest bowlers (who are allowed to aim at the head) without ever wearing a helmet. His actual name was Isaac, so he actually chose to be called Vivian. But people from that part of the world are often known for their fabulous names: his teammates included Curtly, Courtney, Augustine, Sylvester etc. 

Bad names: my mum has a friend called Gaye who married someone with the surname Gay and took his name. She does a lot of community theatre though so she fits right in!

21 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

talking baby names Khloe Kardashian named her daughter True after her great grandfather and grandfather Kris's side. this may have been cute but Khloe was so upset that she was having a girl and not a boy I just see being named after males as one more slap in the little girls face that her mom really wanted a boy. 

Also Ironic considering all the cheating rumors around the baby daddy

I actually don't mind True, and I think it's sweet that it's a family name. I don't think it's a slap, since if she had really forced the issue, she would have named her child Tristan Jr like she wanted to, regardless of the sex. 

I was kind of hoping for Karma Kardashian, though. Ha. 

As for names, I knew a girl who WANTED to have three sons and name them Ashley, Stacey and Kelly in an attempt to bring back the male versions of those names. It just seems mean to the kids. I get that it's all society enforced regarding gender rules with double standards and whatnot, but I don't think it's edgy to name your son Annabelle... I think it's shitty because it just makes life hard for HIM. 

This weekend, I found out a friend of a friend named their daughter Caterpillar. Pretty sure that’s a new low, in terms of non-celebrity baby names. 

2 minutes ago, justodd said:

named their daughter Caterpillar

Maybe they're hoping she'll turn into a butterfly?

Guess it's better than naming her Tomato Worm...

I always wanted to be a "Molly". I just think it's such a sweet name. Never had a little girl so I named my dog Molly. She's 7 years old today! Best dog ever! :my_heart::my_heart::my_heart:

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived