IGNORED

Dillards 54: Fantasyland Where Reality Isn't Required

Coconut Flan

10 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

If you don't agree with abortion then don't have one then, people who choose it should not be made to feel horrible about it especially when they are most likely already feeling terrible about it themselves.

I appreciate your position about women being allowed to make a different choice than you would, but feel the need to comment about the bolded.

Some women undoubtedly do feel "terrible," but I don't think it's "most likely." Personally, I have never felt "terrible" about choosing to have an abortion. I was young and not able to support a child nor did I want to be a parent. I certainly didn't enjoy the experience but I was grateful for access to a safe procedure, and despite what some folks might have people believe, I've never doubted or regretted the decision, not once in almost two decades. I know several women who feel similarly.

I mention this because I think part of the stigma around abortion is the expected negative emotions surrounding it. For some women, it's not a "terrible" thing.

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, mollysmom said:

:giggle::56247955dd693_32(12)::my_heart::leghumper: I am a naughty little girl!!

Haha this has stirred up desires in me that cannot be righteously fulfilled.....lol I'll fulfill them in my own way, but it won't be righteously!!!!!!!!!!

My inner thoughts on that pic are:  let's smoke a bunch of pot, talk about deep intellectual shit and have daytime sex.

You know, back in the day style.   Not now, I can barely imagine having sex with anyone else and I just love Michelle and the girls.   But, back in the day?  Fuggetaboutit!

27 minutes ago, scoutsadie said:

I appreciate your position about women being allowed to make a different choice than you would, but feel the need to comment about the bolded.

Some women undoubtedly do feel "terrible," but I don't think it's "most likely." Personally, I have never felt "terrible" about choosing to have an abortion. I was young and not able to support a child nor did I want to be a parent. I certainly didn't enjoy the experience but I was grateful for access to a safe procedure, and despite what some folks might have people believe, I've never doubted or regretted the decision, not once in almost two decades. I know several women who feel similarly.

I mention this because I think part of the stigma around abortion is the expected negative emotions surrounding it. For some women, it's not a "terrible" thing.

I wholeheartedly agree.

15 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

My inner thoughts on that pic are:  let's smoke a bunch of pot, talk about deep intellectual shit and have daytime sex.

You know, back in the day style.   Not now, I can barely imagine having sex with anyone else and I just love Michelle and the girls.   But, back in the day?  Fuggetaboutit!

Plus everyone knows Michelle is in fantastic shape. She goes on talk shows and wins push up contests. I don’t want her coming after me :pb_lol:

Dereck makes me stabby, he pushes my buttons , I must need therapy and maybe a drink, I'm not kidding.  Must do better.

All I can see is that the Dillard’s look exactly like our beloved Header Fundie Family. Lighter colours because Easter/spring but apart from that all I see is a family that screams fundie from every angle.

2 hours ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

Dereck makes me stabby, he pushes my buttons , I must need therapy and maybe a drink, I'm not kidding.  Must do better.

Aaaaand there's Jill's inner monologue. 

Re their Easter picture: Jill looks lovely and that shirt color and style really suits her. Let's go shopping, Jill. I'll make you the jeans-wearing hippie goddess you were born to be. Izzy looks like he's up to something, which is as it should be for an energetic three-year-old. Sam looks like he can't wait for the boozy gossipy postmortem he's going to have with fellow Resting WTF Face Fundie Babies Davia and Gideon. Derick should beg TLC to pay for a tailor. 

7 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I will say that, while I immensely dislike him, I feel bad for him if he shelled out a lot of money for dental work for cosmetic purposes and it was botched. And I do kind of wonder if there's some animosity toward Jill's family there. We know how much of an emphasis they put on having perfect smiles. It's hard not to wonder if they 'encouraged' Derick to have surgery for cosmetic purposes.

Or if they sent him to some "like-minded" friend who was willing to work for cheap.

Guess Michelle never taught the girls how to avoid copyright claims as part of being Godly women. Thought stealing went against the Ten Commandments?

Anyway, with the Zucchini recipe, all Jill would have to do is switch it out for a photo of her own attempt and it'd be a-okay, since the writing was all hers. Instead she adds a disclaimer that all photos are considered their property... even though it isn't their intellectual property. K? That'll convince the intellectual property laws...

10 hours ago, Beermeet said:

Bolding mine. I was sooo confused for a moment, I somehow thought you were talking about J'chelle and her daughters, not Michelle Obama :my_blush::pb_lol:

19 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

:pb_rollseyes: look Derick gets a name tag he must feel so special. 

Honestly, why don't the Dillard's ask the Vuolos or Seewalds for fashion advice?  They must realize by now that clothing choices are a real weakness for them.  It might improve their brand/popularity.

2 hours ago, acheronbeach said:

Honestly, why don't the Dillard's ask the Vuolos or Seewalds for fashion advice?  They must realize by now that clothing choices are a real weakness for them.  It might improve their brand/popularity.

Not everyone cares about fashion or has the same taste in fashion. The Dills look clean, groomed, and their clothes look nice enough for the occasion. Maybe I have more relaxed standards than others here, but they honestly look perfectly fine to me in this photo.  

21 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Not everyone cares about fashion or has the same taste in fashion. The Dills look clean, groomed, and their clothes look nice enough for the occasion. Maybe I have more relaxed standards than others here, but they honestly look perfectly fine to me in this photo.  

THANK YOU!!!! I feel the same way. I actually like the way they all look in this pic (way more put-together than my husband and I on our best day) and don't see anything wrong with any of their outfits. Now their beliefs and behaviour towards those who don't share those beliefs, on the other hand......

26 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Other than D's suit being too big for him they look fine.  But that man is so tall and so thin I imagine they have a very hard time finding anything that will fit him without being tailored to him, which isn't that expensive so they COULD do if they wanted to but they don't. He's not a corporate big wig, so sloppy suits at church don't really offend me. They kids look cute and clean (which is a big thing for a LOT of people) and I think Jill looks very nice the pink and gray go well together and they are all color coordinated, They could look a LOT worse IMO.

I can't speak for anyone else, but it's Derick's personality combined with what he's wearing (including that name tag!) that creates the image of a tacky salesman in my mind. Someone else wearing the same suit would create a completely different impression. 

Also, Derick is such an utterly obnoxious human being, that I don't feel too bad for taking a little dig at his outfit. Maybe that's hypocritical, but Derick is also trying very hard to project a certain image, and I think what he wears plays into that. I think Derick really wants to be the cool, hip, 'not afraid to tell it like it is' youth leader type deal, but he doesn't have the knack for it at all. He wants to be the cool young evangelist (perhaps even somewhat in the vein of Mark Driscoll), but instead he comes across as the stodgy, slimy salesman.

3 hours ago, Mayluka said:

So the Dillards ended up as runners up in that Tuttle Twins contest, and they apparently get $50.  :pb_rollseyes:

E598B30F-2901-4F2B-9E21-F1ED3B4A933F.thumb.jpeg.ec349d0d2ab58204c948251b566eb6a7.jpeg

Since the Tuttle Twins author is a radical anti-Semite self-proclaimed anarchist &  government hater, did she win $50 in bitcoins? Or gold?

Maybe it's because my spouse is really into suits, but for me, Derick consistently chooses unflattering clothing.  My SO is over 6 ft tall with a 31 inch waist, and he used to buy affordable and well fitting clothes by choosing carefully at Winners (Canadian TJ Maxx) so it's doable. The biggest issue IMO is not bothering to iron...

I do get what you're saying - a lot of people don't really care as long as it's clean and cover the right bits.  But Jill always seems to be trying hard with the minor Mommy celeb social media, so I'm consistently surprised when her posed, posted pics come across so... not curated I guess?

1 hour ago, acheronbeach said:

Maybe it's because my spouse is really into suits, but for me, Derick consistently chooses unflattering clothing.  My SO is over 6 ft tall with a 31 inch waist, and he used to buy affordable and well fitting clothes by choosing carefully at Winners (Canadian TJ Maxx) so it's doable. The biggest issue IMO is not bothering to iron...

I do get what you're saying - a lot of people don't really care as long as it's clean and cover the right bits.  But Jill always seems to be trying hard with the minor Mommy celeb social media, so I'm consistently surprised when her posed, posted pics come across so... not curated I guess?

My hubs is 6' tall and quite slender (29 inch waist pants). BUT...even on his worst days he's looks put together. Even in his work scrubs, he looks put together. I'm the one who looks like shit most of the time. Maybe it's the military thing...

Derick is a horrible human being. I think it is the name tag that makes it look so "used car salesman." 

Guys in uniform are just hot in general. Even if it's hospital scrubs or mucked up coveralls. I hated the military life, but ohhh Class A uniforms!!

On 3/31/2018 at 10:48 PM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

When we would all go out a family we called it family date night 

I'm just now discovering that my parents did have date nights.  I mistakenly thought they were family movie nights, where they packed all 8 kids into our family van, stopped at A&W to get some burgers and hit the drive in movies.  I believe what has thrown me off all these years is the fact my mom didn't sit on my dad's lap out in public (she didn't do that at home in front of us either - I don't know what her problem was!).  My dad didn't dry hump my mom in front of anyone either, so I'm not sure how we kids and the rest of the world were supposed to know they had Godly love for each other!   The other thing they were always doing wrong was splitting up the supervising duties when out with us kids.  My dad would take charge of several of us, my mom would do the same, and the two oldest would each keep an eye on ONLY ONE other sibling!  It is with deep chagrin that I confess to all of you that my mom and dad did not walk, hand in hand, ahead of the rest of us and never once look back.  It's so sad to realize their severe failures at both marriage and parenting, and the 60+ odd years they spent together were just a farce.

11 hours ago, Ilovebrownies said:

I wonder if she realizes that she can be sued for $750 per image plus if the site owner can prove loss of revenue because Jill jacked his/her photo/recipe all of that.  She can post the recipe in her own words, you can only copyright the words in a recipe, but photos must be your own or used with permission.  Usually, you have to link and credit the original author.

7 minutes ago, grandmadugger said:

I wonder if she realizes that she can be sued for $750 per image plus if the site owner can prove loss of revenue because Jill jacked his/her photo/recipe all of that.  She can post the recipe in her own words, you can only copyright the words in a recipe, but photos must be your own or used with permission.  Usually, you have to link and credit the original author.

Great, she can put the $50 she won in the Tuttle Twins contest toward that.  :my_rolleyes:

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived