IGNORED

The baby name thread!

Palimpsest

even with Garrett being Joe's middle name I don't see them using it so soon after Mason was born since Garrett is also Mason's middle name. I think if Joe and kendra use Garrett it will be a few kids from now. 

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

even with Garrett being Joe's middle name I don't see them using it so soon after Mason was born since Garrett is also Mason's middle name. I think if Joe and kendra use Garrett it will be a few kids from now. 

Honestly just because it's masons middle name doesn't mean their not going to use it for their first child's name

I doubt cousin names are going to be that big of a consideration. I mean it would be weird for them to name their son Michael or Spurgeon or Gideon, but I mean on my dad side the cousins have a Sydney and a Sidonie, and two different girls with the middle name Louise. And with the Duggars quite possibly at some point have 10+ grand babies born a year, the care of match-y cousin names is probably going to drop significantly. I mean, Ma and Pa Duggar also have given the middle name Robert to what, 3 sons? And named Jana, Joy-Anna, and Johannah. These people don’t give a fuqqq

The twins, Jeremiah and Jedidiah, are the only ones with duplicate middle names, Robert. 

Jason’s middle name is Michael, and Joe’s middle name is Garrett, both names used by the Smuggars.

Justin’s middle name is Samuel, used by Jill. 

I don’t recall anyone commenting on Michael being Jason’s middle name, or Samuel being Justin’s middle name when Anna and Jill used them, but there was some mention of the Smuggars using Garrett, when possibly Joe had wanted to use it exclusively. Someone made the point that Garrett is their grandfather’s name, and no one family member has dibs on it.

So far those are only grandparent and uncle name repeats, but I’m sure cousin repeats are inevitable. It would be really clever if they didn’t have any, but I don’t see that happening. I anticipate at least 5 Joe’s. 

I was just thinking about theme names. 

The duggars have the J; Josh and Anna the Ms; Jill and Derrick the -el; Jessa and Ben the names of theologians...

I’m surprised no one has gone with the alphabet theme (kid 1-name starts with A; kid 2- B; 3-C; and so on).  With all of them wanting as many kids as god will provide, if be curious to see how far down the alphabet they could get. 

Apparently Jill and Derick said that the -el thing was just a coincidence.

17 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I don't believe that for one Nano second.

1 hour ago, Gobsmacked said:

Why? What would be their reason or motivation for lying? 

3 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

LOL - neither do I. Their disingenuous act is pathetic. 

5 hours ago, singsingsing said:

it might have been an accident but I bet from now on all boys names will end with El i also noticed both boys have 5 letter middle names so I bet they will stick with that also.  girls thats up in the air for me. 

7 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

it might have been an accident but I bet from now on all boys names will end with El i also noticed both boys have 5 letter middle names so I bet they will stick with that also.  girls thats up in the air for me. 

While we're at it, both first names are six letters long. Both names are from the Bible. Both names were in the top 300 of the American ranking of baby names the years they were born. Damn, they've really painted themselves into a corner with all of these requirements!

I believe that the -el ending was an unintentional theme. I liked it because it’s a less obvious theme than the J-theme, but I don’t think they will continue it because Derick is in full tilt being oppositional and erratic, so I don’t think he will comply with a theme simply out of spite.

12 hours ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

I believe that the -el ending was an unintentional theme. I liked it because it’s a less obvious theme than the J-theme, but I don’t think they will continue it because Derick is in full tilt being oppositional and erratic, so I don’t think he will comply with a theme simply out of spite.

I could see the exact opposite, the -el thing being unintentional but now Derick insists on keeping up with it because he insists it's awesome/clever/subtle/cool/whatever and he probably would think he and Jill are just extra special for having come up with a name theme without even meaning to xD

On 4/7/2018 at 9:50 AM, singsingsing said:

I do remember they did say that.  However, I feel like I saw Michelle say one time, early on in one of the 1_KAC episodes (I can't remember which), that the J theme started unintentional and as a coincidence too... She said that after Josh, John and Jana, they felt like they didn't want to exclude any kids, which is why they kept going with the J.  

For -el, there are a lot of great names: Nathaniel, Abel, Gabriel, Daniel and so many more. 

For girls, they could do a variant and do the names ending is -elle. Noelle, Janelle, Adelle, Rochelle... 

I really thought that between the boys Jill said that they would be using it as a theme. 

54 minutes ago, Oh_Dear! said:

I do remember they did say that.  However, I feel like I saw Michelle say one time, early on in one of the 1_KAC episodes (I can't remember which), that the J theme started unintentional and as a coincidence too... She said that after Josh, John and Jana, they felt like they didn't want to exclude any kids, which is why they kept going with the J.

She did say that, and there's also no reason to doubt her on it. They started with Josh and liked the names John and Jana, and then decided to keep going with it. Is it possible they're lying? Sure. But I'm not going to assume that they're lying about something that would be so weird and pointless to lie about. It makes no sense. It's entirely possible that Jill and Derick will decide to adopt the -el theme now, but that doesn't mean they were originally lying when they said it wasn't a theme. (And I realize you didn't say or imply that - just quoting you for clarity. :))

Now that we know JInjer is having a girl what are your predictions I'm going with Diana or Juliet Nicole. 

I had to scroll back to find it, but apparently I guessed Isabella Grace. I'll stick with that prediction.

I like the following combinations: 

Grace Evangeline 

Ava Celeste 

Sophia Faith 

(actually i'm lying, those are just the names i want to give my possible maybe future daughters and i have a hunch that any names we predict will be ones they don't use)

In all seriousness I could see them going with virtue names mixed with a possible Italian theme, maybe:

Isabella Faith

Valentina Grace

Shiloh Fiore

But then I could also see them going with something simpler that honours Jinger, too, something like Julia Nicole.

I truly think we'll see some beautiful names from Jeremy and Jinger (and so help me, if they name this poor sprog Kardamom or Sinnamon which I highly doubt, but still, I'll flip)

22 minutes ago, Escadora said:

I like the following combinations: 

Grace Evangeline 

Ava Celeste 

Sophia Faith 

(actually i'm lying, those are just the names i want to give my possible maybe future daughters and i have a hunch that any names we predict will be ones they don't use)

In all seriousness I could see them going with virtue names mixed with a possible Italian theme, maybe:

Isabella Faith

Valentina Grace

Shiloh Fiore

But then I could also see them going with something simpler that honours Jinger, too, something like Julia Nicole.

I truly think we'll see some beautiful names from Jeremy and Jinger (and so help me, if they name this poor sprog Kardamom or Sinnamon which I highly doubt, but still, I'll flip)

I was also wondering if they'd go with a spice type theme for the girls. 

6 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I was also wondering if they'd go with a spice type theme for the girls. 

Well, if they were, and expanded that to also being herbs, I could see Clove, Anise, or Cassia being choices they'd go with. I suppose Rosemary, Saffron, or Juniper might also work, as well as Basil or Sage (though, that might be pushing it) for a boy. Really, there's a lot of choice there. 

• Coconut Flan locked and unpinned this topic

Archived