IGNORED

Seewalds 29: Still Marketing Cute Kids

Coconut Flan

8 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Which has resulted in the abuse of the service animal "system." I've seen SO MANY dogs in "emotional support" vests in restaurants, grocery stores, etc. And it's not just dogs. I've seen hamsters, guinea pigs, and even a hedgehog as an "emotional support animal."

OMG! I want an emotional support hedgehog! I’m 100% sure that would make my life complete. :my_heart:

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My dog is a rescue who has multiple issues.

She is a jack Russell cross so very yappy, she is also very aggressive with other dogs.  We walk on a short leash and have been known to turn around and change course when we meet other dogs on our walks.

Fortunately the other dog owners in our area know our dog’s story and cooperate when they see us.

A neighbors dog, also a rescue, is so very frightened of other people that the doggy therapist they saw refunded the owners money.  Any attempt to pat this dog just distressed her so much, it was very sad to see.  Again people not listening to the owners when asked not to try to pat their dog.

5 minutes ago, llg1234 said:

Spurgeon and Henry being cute, again. Jessa's response at the end was pretty funny.

"He's not even speaking English, calm down." :pb_lol: Totally something I would say to my nieces and nephews.

If Jessa is pregnant as most of us seem to think so, she's probably due around August. So there will have been 15 months between 1 and 2 and 18 months between 2 and 3. Those are definitely Michelle-like stats, God forbid she continues on this path. She really seems to love those kids and has a lot of fun with them but that will be impossible if she keeps this up once pass 4 IMO.

On 1/3/2018 at 5:23 PM, bekkah said:

My weird fear is I am afraid of ancient Egypt. I don’t know why but it is loads better from years ago. Yay aging? 

So interesting. My daughter is now 6 but was scared of ancient Egyptians for some reason.  We went to a museum with a fun Egyptian themed room. I thought she’d be ok with it but that upset her too.  

31 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

If Jessa is pregnant as most of us seem to think so, she's probably due around August. So there will have been 15 months between 1 and 2 and 18 months between 2 and 3. Those are definitely Michelle-like stats, God forbid she continues on this path. She really seems to love those kids and has a lot of fun with them but that will be impossible if she keeps this up once pass 4 IMO.

If Joy was correct in saying she and Jinger are due 6 months apart, Jinger is due around August. I'm sure she and Jessa would love being due around the same time. 

I was hoping Jessa would wait a couple of years before #3. Maybe have both boys out of diapers. WHAT was I thinking.

9 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I was hoping Jessa would wait a couple of years before #3. Maybe have both boys out of diapers. WHAT was I thinking.

You were hoping, that's the heart. You weren't thinking ;) 

Ben and Jessa do make adorable babies! Those boys are gorgeous. To be honest it’s nice to see how much Jessa obviously enjoys her boys and being a mum. You wouldn’t get Jill uploading a video showing siblings having a spat, Dwreck would probably call them out for being ‘manipulative’. Jessa seems to have an actual awareness that kids will be kids. 

Also, Ben and Jessa seem to have a much more balanced relationship and actually enjoy being together. Ben obviously loves her very much, you see it in how he looks at her. They also seem to have the awareness/capability to let each other explore interests, even when the other clearly has very little interest, i.e Ben’s rapping :pb_lol:

I feel for Jill a little. Derek doesn’t seem to show a lot of interest in her as a person and just wants the persona of a perfect godly family. I can’t imagine how it  must feel for Jill to look at the relationship Benessa have compared to her and Derek

1 hour ago, VineHeart137 said:

If Joy was correct in saying she and Jinger are due 6 months apart, Jinger is due around August. I'm sure she and Jessa would love being due around the same time. 

I'm not sure if Joy got her math right lol. Didn't someone somewhere say that JinJer announced the pregnancy to the family over thanksgiving? I know their outfits in their announcement photos match outfits of pics they posted around thanksgiving. And for Jinger to be due Aug 1st, she'd have only been about 3-4 weeks around Thanksgiving....might make sense if they told the whole Duggar clan as soon as they found out they were expecting. But if we're thinking Joy is due late Feb, then that's only 5 months apart haha. 

I'm going to be kind of sad if Jessa keeps going at this pace and ends up with 5 or 6 kids really fast. She seems to be so happy right now and enjoying each of her babies as individuals and it would be disappointing if that happiness went away because she got in over her head with too many babies all at once. :cry: But I guess such is life in the cult.

30 minutes ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

I'm not sure if Joy got her math right lol. Didn't someone somewhere say that JinJer announced the pregnancy to the family over thanksgiving? I know their outfits in their announcement photos match outfits of pics they posted around thanksgiving. And for Jinger to be due Aug 1st, she'd have only been about 3-4 weeks around Thanksgiving....might make sense if they told the whole Duggar clan as soon as they found out they were expecting. But if we're thinking Joy is due late Feb, then that's only 5 months apart haha. 

Yeah that would make more sense. I don't think math is a strong suit of any graduates of the SOTDRT, anyway.

2 hours ago, OhNoNike said:

So interesting. My daughter is now 6 but was scared of ancient Egyptians for some reason.  We went to a museum with a fun Egyptian themed room. I thought she’d be ok with it but that upset her too.  

Yeah. I think sometimes adults need to understand that not all kids will respond to things positively and be ok with removing them from the situation. Trying again later and not encouraging the fear (which was done to me because they made fun of me and didn’t take my fear seriously).  I still have hang ups on that. 

Let’s see.. when I was a child about 7 I read about how the ghost of Abe Lincoln( was actually a British soldier trying to finish the job FWIW)  supposedly tried to set fire to a bed in the White House. Fricked my Shit out. One night I stayed up all night crying with the all the lights on. My dad just kind of ignored me. I was also absolutely stark terrified of being sbducted by aliens. If dad wanted sex they kind of went to bed and let me deal because she believed  wife’s priority was her husband and he was persistent.  

Ghosts and sometimes the dark still absolutely are a phobia. 

1 hour ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

I'm not sure if Joy got her math right lol.

If you're a conspiracy theorist, this is Joy confirming all the tabloid rumors about her shotgun wedding.  (I jest, I jest)

I'm a vet and I have probably been attacked by more dogs than the average person, so I really don't like when people bring their pets into businesses that aren't pet-friendly.  Many, many dog owners are completely clueless about appropriate dog behavior.  I can picture the time a german shepherd who I had not approached or examined came at me across the room and took me down by the throat through its muzzle while the owner screamed "but he's so friendly" as he was literally trying to kill me.  I was unharmed because of the "unnecessary" muzzle we had insisted on placing when the dog was giving me the hairy eyeball as soon as I started talking to the owner, although it remains the only time I have ever had to excuse myself from a client because I couldn't stop crying.  This is an extreme example (not the only one of its kind, including the reaction from the owner), but the dog had a history of trying to attack people on walks if they got to close and the family was in complete denial.  He had been holding the dog's leash but let it go when it was pulling because he thought it would settle down better.  I don't trust people to know what their dog can handle emotionally, nor to recognize when they're being overwhelmed and get them out of there... and that's a recipe for trouble.  Animals put people in the hospital; they aren't humans and shouldn't be treated like they are.  I have tremendous respect for service animals and the incredible relationship they have with their humans and the rigorous training they go through.  It makes me incensed to see people watering that down with their lies.  This probably makes me sound like I hate dogs, but I don't.  I have a very sweet older Aussie who I consider one of the most perfect animals on earth, and I certainly like more dogs than I dislike or wouldn't be able to work with them.

I do like to joke about getting my fattest guinea pig a service animal vest so I can bring him places, but I would never actually entertain the idea.  It's mostly because I think he'd look adorable in a vest and the idea is just so ridiculous.

3 hours ago, Mayluka said:

"He's not even speaking English, calm down." :pb_lol: Totally something I would say to my nieces and nephews.

I would too, to my own kids. I do hope Jessa keeps up the hands on with her kids, and limits her number of kids so she can enjoy them all. 

Just wanted to say I'm really appreciating everyone's previous phobias/current phobias. When I was younger (till high school) I had a phobic of dead famous people. I really wished I knew why but it actually started with MLK jr. It would honestly keep me up at night at times but luckily I grew out of it. 

My forever phobia will be people in costumes like mascots. I'm fine seeing them in a picture but at sporting events and stuff like that it would freak me out.

While I share the concern of how these women are going to parent once they get to 4, 5, 6 kids - what worries me more is the fact that "everyone else is doing it so I know it wont be hard".

Even if one of them does get upset or stressed, they'll be told to pray it away.

"He's not even speaking English. Calm Down." 
Is it bad that I would really love if Jessa could pipe up with something like this the next time Dwreck accuses one of his kiddos of being manipulative? 

Derrick, he's a toddler. Calm Down. 

I mean I can dream right?

9 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

Yeah that would make more sense. I don't think math is a strong suit of any graduates of the SOTDRT, anyway.

Yeah. 9-3=6 is HARD yall.

13 hours ago, Mayluka said:

That's such a great line! :) I'm sure it will be more tangly with three, which will happen but for now, she's really enjoying her boys. 

I recently read an article on dogs in Europe vs. the US. To everyone who dislikes dogs in stores or other place, better not move to Germany. Dogs are allowed in most restaurants (just not the kitchen/buffet area), most retail stores/malls (excluding supermarkets) and public transport (you have to pay for a ticket though). Even in many amusement parks.  

Everyone walks around with their dogs in the city. The article also said, that many dogs in the US do not get daily walks. That would not happen here. I'd say at least 98% of the dog owners walk their dog at least once every day for an hour. We have a huge fenced in backyard, still our dogs gets two walks every day. (Shorter due to her missing leg/age, but anyway.)

With out current dog we can't take her with us due to her mental health problems (rescue dog from Turkey) but her future sister will be were I go and if there is no dog allowed, I'm not going. ;-)

3 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Yeah. 9-3=6 is HARD yall.

You might laugh, but in the moment it can be hard for someone with a math-related learning disability, and I'm pretty sure Michelle has claimed that some of her kids have learning disabilities. Obviously I have no idea if Joy is one of them. And I have no idea what intervention, if any, Michelle got for her kids with LDs. But going by the Duggars' history of piss poor education and life choices... :( 

(I'm not hand-slapping anyone. I laugh at myself all the time for screwing up basic arithmetic. It just gives me a pit in my stomach when I think about how things like learning disabilities must be treated at the TTH.)

1 hour ago, Gobbles said:

I recently read an article on dogs in Europe vs. the US. To everyone who dislikes dogs in stores or other place, better not move to Germany. Dogs are allowed in most restaurants (just not the kitchen/buffet area), most retail stores/malls (excluding supermarkets) and public transport (you have to pay for a ticket though). Even in many amusement parks.  

Everyone walks around with their dogs in the city. The article also said, that many dogs in the US do not get daily walks. That would not happen here. I'd say at least 98% of the dog owners walk their dog at least once every day for an hour. We have a huge fenced in backyard, still our dogs gets two walks every day. (Shorter due to her missing leg/age, but anyway.)

With out current dog we can't take her with us due to her mental health problems (rescue dog from Turkey) but her future sister will be were I go and if there is no dog allowed, I'm not going. ;-)

US here. I’d love to take the dog for a walk each day, but we have no sidewalks near us and we live on a very busy road. So I either get to risk our lives by using the stroller near speeding cars or I get to pack everyone into the car and drive to an area that does have sidewalks. It’s a massive pain in the ass a lot of days, especially since we don’t have a yard where I can at least run around with the dog.

Add to that the fact that my dog has dark fur and can’t walk long in the summer, as well as people not cleaning the sidewalks in front of their houses (homeowners are required to clear the sidewalks in front of their homes per town law) and it’s tough trying to get her the exercise she needs most days. We make do by throwing the tennis ball around indoors for her to chase (especially up and down the stairs), but it’s not the same. :pb_sad:

(Thankfully she was in great health at her annual last month. A tiny bit overweight, but nothing to be concerned about at all. She’s a mutt, so she’s just a bit awkward looking sometimes. Velocipuppy is a happy dog, but we still feel guilty.)

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived