IGNORED

Seewalds 29: Still Marketing Cute Kids

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

A family member came to meet my newborn last week and brought their dog.

YOU are in charge of this. YOU have the absolute right to deny any dog's access to your house! DO NOT LET PEOPLE WHO TAKE THEIR DOGS EVERYWHERE TO WALK ALL OVER YOU!

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

YOU are in charge of this. YOU have the absolute right to deny any dog's access to your house! DO NOT LET PEOPLE WHO TAKE THEIR DOGS EVERYWHERE TO WALK ALL OVER YOU!

YES. I actually said something to a couple at Target with their very large dog, I asked if it was a service dog, my daughter loves to pet dogs but I've taught her not to touch service dogs and I wasn't sure since this wasn't wearing a vest. The lady said "no it is jusst my dog". So I looked at her said said then get your dog out of the store, the world isn't your living room, leave your damn dog at home the rules apply to you too.  I hate entitled people who think the rules don't apply to them because they are special. I found a manager and had her thrown out.  I love dogs, don't get me wrong, they are wonderful and I never pass up a chance to get puppy kisses or doggy licks. But damnit, my dog stays HOME, unless she's going to the Vet, Petco, or other animal friendly areas. I've never considered taking her to the grocery store. Where I live we have Super Targets with grocery stores in them and they were in the produce section of the market.

my weirdest fear is stickers...i don't even know if it has a name LOL my son is afraid of knees, specifically that somehow they are going to bend the wrong way so he just doesn't want to see them at all, flamingos freak him out to no end. i also don't like to see spiders and mice, don't like crowds (i'm 5 feet tall and so i can't see where i am when people are around me) or deep water or dogs (i was attacked by a german shepherd when i was 5) and i get panic attacks during thunder and lightening storms. and there you have my excuses for being a hermit :my_blush:

Agree!! ^ I have dogs but always ask if I'm going to take them with me somewhere. I know not everyone loves dogs, and that's just basic courtesy.

I would certainly not take my dogs to go meet someone's new baby!! Btw congratulations on the new baby :)

From Jessa:

I'm sure it'll be 4 (or more) babies due in 2018 soon enough.

ETA: 5th picture is of Joshley, 6th is of Dwreck. In case you want to skip those. I totally understand.

18 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

ETA: 5th picture is of Joshley, 6th is of Dwreck. In case you want to skip those. I totally understand.

Thanks for the warning!

That group photo. So posed/not posed?? Some couples are doing the classic fundie-gaze. Some folks are looking at each other, and some and looking towards the ground or the camera. Looks like they were going for the Brady Bunch opener.

Joy & Austin look in bliss, as to JinJer, this must have been taken while shortly after Sammy was born while Jill was still recovering from what ever happened during Sammy's birth, notice she's sitting awkwardly in all the photos. I saw smugger smuggering Anna and nearly gagged, didn't see the warning soon enough.  :puke-huge:

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Joy & Austin look in bliss, as to JinJer, this must have been taken while shortly after Sammy was born while Jill was still recovering from what ever happened during Sammy's birth, notice she's sitting awkwardly in all the photos. I saw smugger smuggering Anna and nearly gagged, didn't see the warning soon enough.  :puke-huge:

This was likely taken around the time Joseph married Kendra - so early September. Sam would have been around two months old at that point. 

The more people who get married and start having kids, the harder it's going to be to keep track. I still say that Jessa will soon make an announcement. But I could very much be wrong.*

*I don't think I'm wrong! :P 

3 minutes ago, bekkah said:

My weird fear is I am afraid of ancient Egypt. I don’t know why but it is loads better from years ago. Yay aging? 

How does this manifest?  

19 minutes ago, bekkah said:

My weird fear is I am afraid of ancient Egypt. I don’t know why but it is loads better from years ago. Yay aging? 

This sounds like a past life thing.  Maybe you were Cleopatra, or Tutenkhamun.  Or a cat.

12 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I want to try that, but I just can't bring myself to use charcoal masks, because it looks like blackface. It's obviously a skincare mask, but ugh, it still feels so wrong. 

One night as I was coming back from a dog walk, I saw a woman sneakily emerge from the back of my building with a bag of garbage. From a distance she appeared to have dark skin and a white blond wig. When my dog ran up to greet her, I realized it was my neighbor who has oily skin wearing a charcoal mask. She explained "I was hoping nobody would see me, I don't want people to think I'm a racist."

Just now, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

One night as I was voming back from a dog walk, I saw a woman sneakily emerge from the back of my building with a bag of garbage. From a distance she appeared to have dark skin and a white blond wig. When my dog ran up to greet her, I realized it was my neighbor who has oily skin wearing a charcoal mask. She explained "I was hoping nobody would see me, I don't want people to think I'm a racist."

See, Brad Paisley? THAT'S accidental racism. 

20 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

How does this manifest?  

I avoid watching movies/tv shows, used to run away from things in museums dealing with it. Screamed my head off anytime I saw stuff.  Still scared from being forced to learn about it in 6th grade  I find it all creepy af  

Nowadays, I just avoid anything that deals with it  and seems to work out pretty well  

Looking back at it, it was totally made worse by family members.  They would provoke reactions from me, I would have probably grew out of it. 

5 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

This sounds like a past life thing.  Maybe you were Cleopatra, or Tutenkhamun.  Or a cat.

I don’t believe in past lives. 

The JinJer photo is typical woman adoring her headship.  They are both gorgeous, and yet I want to hurl. The Jostin one is close to that, but at least it looks like Austin is looking back at Joy instead of doing the male model pose that Jeremy is doing.  The one with Anna looks fake—sort of like she is kissing that guy for the first time??  Kids are super cute, though.  The Jill/DWreck picture is just painfully awkward to me—very stiff and posed.  The Jessa/Ben one is nice, though—and the boys are adorable.  I like that they are all causal and loose.  But I really genuinely love the Joe/Kendra photo.  Yes, I wish that it was a picture from their college dance or something, but I have to give some props to the guy, for once, looking like he can hardly believe how lucky he is to have a girl that like.  It is always the other way around, and it is a welcome change.

13 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

Would Jessa lie in her post? What does Jesus say about that?  She says there are three babies due 2018. 

The "And now" sort of makes it seem like she means that statement to be flexible. Especially since it's impossible to say if there will only be 3 babies total due in 2018...Jessa could genuinely not be pregnant right now and still be due in 2018. 

23 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

Would Jessa lie in her post? What does Jesus say about that?  She says there are three babies due 2018. 

I don't know if she'd outright lie, but she definitely has zero problem with withholding information, obfuscating and sidestepping, and she loves to keep secrets.

1 minute ago, singsingsing said:

I don't know if she'd outright lie, but she definitely has zero problem with withholding information, obfuscating and sidestepping, and she loves to keep secrets.

I don't think she's lying - she just reiterated what everyone already knows:  "three new babies." She's deflecting attention from her mustard tunic and Ben's awkward hands, because she's pregnant and not announcing YET.

The way Ben has his hand on Jessa in the entire video makes me think she's preggo. I bet she is pregnant and didn't want to steal Jinger's thunder. Jessa is really following in her mother's foot steps. I think she is popping out a kid every 9 months or so? I haven't been keeping track.

I have to hand it to Jessa. I believe in giving credit where credit is due. Jessa manages to look extremely polished, put-together, have perfect hair, and just all over beautiful despite possibly being pregnant and a young mom of 2 babies!

I REALLY wish I could ask her HOW she does her loose waves????  Any stylish FJers want to clue me in on how they think she does this?

preggo.JPG

My fears are insects (absolutely not into them; I even get a bit freaked out by butterflies) and heights (which I can mostly deal with if I'm on stable ground or I know my fall will be broken, so hiking a trail that runs along a canyon/gorge is OK, tall buildings don't bother me, bouldering in a rock climbing gym isn't too bad, but climbing a mountain or balancing on a rope bridge would freak me out). I also don't like deep water very much (I'm really short), but I can swim OK, so as long as I know the water is safe (no boats will hit me, no dangerous wildlife), I can deal with it. So I basically have my full-on phobias (insects) and then stuff that kinda freaks me out, but under good circumstances and if I know what I'm getting into, I'm alright. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived