IGNORED

Seewalds 29: Still Marketing Cute Kids

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, Gobbles said:

I recently read an article on dogs in Europe vs. the US. To everyone who dislikes dogs in stores or other place, better not move to Germany. Dogs are allowed in most restaurants (just not the kitchen/buffet area), most retail stores/malls (excluding supermarkets) and public transport (you have to pay for a ticket though). Even in many amusement parks.  

Everyone walks around with their dogs in the city. The article also said, that many dogs in the US do not get daily walks. That would not happen here. I'd say at least 98% of the dog owners walk their dog at least once every day for an hour. We have a huge fenced in backyard, still our dogs gets two walks every day. (Shorter due to her missing leg/age, but anyway.)

With out current dog we can't take her with us due to her mental health problems (rescue dog from Turkey) but her future sister will be were I go and if there is no dog allowed, I'm not going. ;-)

One big thing America lacks is empathy and valuing others, our country has become a very fuck you, I've got mine, get out of my way society. We don't care about how our actions effect others, only that THEY, personally, are comfortable and enjoying themselves. So if their dog is barking and running around and they like it, screw you if you don't.  People here think the rules are for other people, not them so they can and will do what they want, when every they want.  Until we can accept that putting others needs 1st once and awhile is the way to be, we can't have nice things, like dogs walking everywhere with out issue.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I’d love to take the dog for a walk each day, but we have no sidewalks near us and we live on a very busy road.

Yes, the article mentioned that as one of the points why people don't go on walks. That sucks! Not only for dogs, also for people/children. With proper sidewalks a lot of children could walk to school in the US, like here. (Obviously not in areas with the nest school two hours away. I often hear the distances in the US are so much bigger than here. Never been there, so I can only imagine.)

So if their dog is barking and running around and they like it screw you if you don't.

Quote above is from @allthegoodnamesrgone, saw the post after writing the first part.

If a dog is a danger to other people and someone tells it to the police or other services you may be required to put a muzzle on the dog. Also certain breeds need to have one and can apply for a test to not be required to wear one.

On 1/4/2018 at 10:22 AM, Gillyweed said:

I love dogs and always want to have mine with me, but bringing dogs into stores like Target or a mall is just absurd. You never know who is extremely allergic to dogs, and they deserve to be able to shop more than your pet deserves to be in the store. If people want to bring their dogs with them so badly, the should follow New York's subway rule-- have the dog in a bag. It's led to some funny pictures of big dogs in backpacks :pb_lol:

I'm one of those people!  My 50lb lab mix sits happily in a tote bag when we take the subway in NY.  A couple of media outlets asked to use a photo of us on their stories about dogs on the subway.  

I can't decide if I think Jessa's pregnant. But if she is, my hope is that it's another boy and that they have three close in age then take a break in some way (NFP? please??). I could see them topping out around 6-8 kids once they realize how hard adding each new blessing is. 

Ben "only" has six siblings, I'm hoping that's more on the forefront for Jessa than her own mother's path. 

@HRM1216 Yes Ben "only" has 6 siblings but the spacing is much larger (see below) than 15 months (difference between Spurgeon and Henry). If Jessa does have her mother's fertility, she could be in for a truckload of children. Which I agree would be a shame, since she clearly is happy with her family right now and adoring those boys. 

5a4fc112a7b8c_ScreenShot2018-01-05at10_14_51AM.png.5b8efda111cbbc120c0d09313b04c6b4.png

And my weird fear is taxidermied (don't think that's a word) animals!!! Growing up the science museum had many many exhibits showing animals of the world and it just creeped me out so much. When my girl scouts did a sleepover in the science museum I chose the room with all the fossils in it as it was better than the stuffed porcupines and bobcats! *shudder*

1 hour ago, neurogirl said:

@HRM1216 Yes Ben "only" has 6 siblings but the spacing is much larger (see below) than 15 months (difference between Spurgeon and Henry). If Jessa does have her mother's fertility, she could be in for a truckload of children. Which I agree would be a shame, since she clearly is happy with her family right now and adoring those boys. 

5a4fc112a7b8c_ScreenShot2018-01-05at10_14_51AM.png.5b8efda111cbbc120c0d09313b04c6b4.png

Man I wish this was Jessa's luck. 19 months between Ben & Jessica, but then essentially 3 years between Jessica and Danielle. Then almost 2, 2.5ish, almost 2, and 2.5 again. 

Spurgeon and Henry being cute, again. Jessa's response at the end was pretty funny.

At the very least, I am grateful to finally see some Duggar toddlers PLAYING. WITH TOYS. And not being told to sit quietly on a blanket.

For me the question is- were Guinn and Michael (Ben’s parents) leaving it up to God and what did that mean to them?

If they didn’t use contraception of some sort, were they avoiding at certain times of the month? Not paying particular attention to days of ovulation and just seeing what happens (my interpretation of leaving it up to God though not what I would recommend)? Or were they, like Michelle and Jimbob, actively trying to have as many kids as possible but their fertility wasn’t as high? I’m guessing one of the first two.

then of course the question with Jessa is, as with all the second-gen families, will they themselves leave it up to God and which option does it mean for them? We can only hope for the sake of this happy little family that it leans towards the first option, but no one is holding their breath. 

If Joy was correct in saying she and Jinger are due 6 months apart, Jinger is due around August. I'm sure she and Jessa would love being due around the same time. 

I actually had this pipe dream that Jessa would hold off getting pregnant until Jinger gives birth, just so she can be there as a support. Sigh.

16 hours ago, BlessaYourHeart said:

Ben and Jessa do make adorable babies! Those boys are gorgeous. To be honest it’s nice to see how much Jessa obviously enjoys her boys and being a mum. You wouldn’t get Jill uploading a video showing siblings having a spat, Dwreck would probably call them out for being ‘manipulative’. Jessa seems to have an actual awareness that kids will be kids. 

Also, Ben and Jessa seem to have a much more balanced relationship and actually enjoy being together. Ben obviously loves her very much, you see it in how he looks at her. They also seem to have the awareness/capability to let each other explore interests, even when the other clearly has very little interest, i.e Ben’s rapping :pb_lol:

I feel for Jill a little. Derek doesn’t seem to show a lot of interest in her as a person and just wants the persona of a perfect godly family. I can’t imagine how it  must feel for Jill to look at the relationship Benessa have compared to her and Derek

Agreed. However, I think it would be hard to be interested in a person who lacks any intellectual curiosity or who displays so few self or independent interests. Jill claimed to desire a mission life and had a love of the Spanish language, but both of those proved patently false. How about her desire to have tons of kids, yet her interest shown to the 2 she has seems to have lost its luster.

Jill has to be an emotional drain.

I don't do rodents, especially rats, AKA Beady Eyed Bastards. I didn't have a problem until I moved into an old house that had rats a couple of times. After having one run across me when I was sleeping and hearing them in the walls until they were exterminated, I'm really not a fan. My cats have prevented any more problems.

5 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

For me the question is- were Guinn and Michael (Ben’s parents) leaving it up to God and what did that mean to them?

*snip*

I feel like they weren't leaving it up to god. I think they obviously wanted a larger family and probably didn't use hormonal birth control, but I just feel like they seem less likely to be okay with 12-20 kids if it had been a possibility. 

I'll still hold out to see when each Duggarling spawns grandDuggars 3, 4, and 5. I can see getting pregnant with #1 as quickly as possible to prove you are an adult and understood the Lego talk, or because of family pressure (gross to write, but possibly true in Duggarville), then maybe a second fairly soon (know some non Fundies who wanted two close together). If child 3 arrives on a similar schedule, then I'd say they are trying to fill their quiver, a la Josh and Anna. If there's a longer break, then I'd think more headaches or NFP. I'm just glad that this happened later for Jinger. 

I think Jessa's pregnant, purely because she's a fertile fundie woman and it's more likely than not. With three kids, that would make us able to establish a pattern of quick, successive pregnancies. And I kind of love her mustard tunic (though I would belt it). "He's not even speaking English" also sounds like something I would totally say to one of my little cousins...

I used to be terrified of dogs (a massive golden retriever tried to make me his girlfriend when I was 4... not fun) but I adore them now. I get the hate towards emotional support animals- I used to work in a no-dogs-allowed outdoor venue, and you could tell which dogs were service animals and which ones just happened to be wearing a vest. People really exploit that situation. That being said, I've worked with a kid's program, and the owner brings in his dog as an emotional support dog. Some of these kids have social issues, anxiety, a few are on the autism spectrum, and he's a big, happy, and extremely well trained malamute mix, so he actually does provide some comfort and emotional support.

I'm not afraid of them, but I grew up in an area with rattlesnakes, so I have a pretty healthly appreciation of staying as far away from them (snakes) as possible.  I think they're beautiful creatures though.

The interesting thing about "service dogs" in the US is there is actually no established body to 'certify' them. My ex SIL learned this the hard way when she spent over $100 for a vest and some fabricated ID cards and their landlord still booted them for their wild lab/American bulldog mix (who they adopted from me as a 8 week old puppy and failed to do ANY sort of training with. Then they complain constantly that she's destructive and runs away.)  They tried to say the dog was being used to predict their daughter's migraines but had no documentation of it from a neurologist or a dog trainer.  Now we do have Canine Good Citizen and that's required for most therapy dogs used in hospitals and stuff but otherwise you tell a retailer or restaurant that your dog is a service animal and is protected under the ADA and most will back off because they don't want to get sued. 

Worked for 2 years as a vet tech and I was always more afraid of the small yappy dogs, took more painful bites (and not little nips either) than I ever did with the big dogs, yet the owners always insisted they were too small to hurt anyone or were "soooo sweet".  Little girl down the street needed 200+ stitches after another neighbors unsocialized and abused Jack Russell got loose and attacked her. We did have one patient who had to be sedated and stuff before we even went in the room, a fila brasileiro. But otherwise our big dogs tended to be big lovey babies.

If a dog is clearly being disruptive (barking at other customers, peeing on the floor, trying to steal food), the owner/handler can be asked to leave regardless of their legitimacy as a service animal.  I think a lot of small business owners are too afraid of backlash to do this, unfortunately.

And I agree with whoever said it's an entitlement issue in this country.  Lots of people are too lazy to train or understand their dogs (or used the excuse of having a rescue without understanding that part of rescuing should be helping the dog with it's mental and emotional baggage) but are perfectly willing to subject them to everyone else.

My biggest fear: cockroaches. Cannot handle them. Living in Virginia was rough because we’d always get a few in the house in the fall. Grossed out thinking of it now. 

I don’t like dogs. I understand the need for service dogs, but “service dogs” piss me off. There was a pit bull in my apartment in CA that had a vest but the damn thing jumped all over you on the elevator or in the halls. Sooner or later, it was going to hurt someone. The management company finally had enough complaints about  other destructive behavior and made them move. 

16 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

US here. I’d love to take the dog for a walk each day, but we have no sidewalks near us and we live on a very busy road. So I either get to risk our lives by using the stroller near speeding cars or I get to pack everyone into the car and drive to an area that does have sidewalks. It’s a massive pain in the ass a lot of days, especially since we don’t have a yard where I can at least run around with the dog.

If you can't take her for a walk, and don't have a (big) yard, where do you take her for her number one's and two's?  (Btw, i'm genuinly curious, it's not veiled criticism :P ). I've heard stories of people with chihuahua's who have trained them to use a litterbox, but I'm not sure if things like that exist for bigger breeds as well.

Where I live (the Netherlands) it is not "normal" to let your dog pee and poo in your backyard (unless it's an elderly dog on it's last legs), so people usually walk their dogs at least 3 times a day. One of those walks is usually a longer one (20+ minutes), and the others at least long enough for the dog to sniff around a bit and "answer nature's call". 

Of course there are people who let their dogs pee and poo in their backyards, but this is very much frowned upon. Most cities and villages here have a lot of specially designated “dog walk/dog toilet” areas, which gives dog owners less of an excuse to not walk their dogs. Also, one of the things that makes this possible, I think, is that distances here are much, much smaller than in the US. I can’t even imagine a situation here where you’d have to get into your car just to be able to let your dog pee/poo. When my parents want to go for real big walks (2+ hours) they do drive to a more rural area (short drives of no more than 20 minutes), but that’s mostly because they like to change up their walking routes, not because they can’t take those walks right where they live.

19 hours ago, HRM1216 said:

I can't decide if I think Jessa's pregnant. But if she is, my hope is that it's another boy and that they have three close in age then take a break in some way (NFP? please??). I could see them topping out around 6-8 kids once they realize how hard adding each new blessing is. 

Ben "only" has six siblings, I'm hoping that's more on the forefront for Jessa than her own mother's path. 

I hope this for Jessa too, and I am definitely in the 'Jessa is already pregnant with #3' camp.  A lot of people's pet fundie couple on here seems to be Jinger and Jeremy, but I'm honestly rooting for Jessa and Ben the most. They seem like maybe they've matured from their early days of having Instagram (or at least learned to keep quiet about the fire and brimstone because people like posts about cute babies a lot better). They really seem to enjoy parenting and enjoy their two kids as individuals... But I could see that joy ending if they get in over their heads with too many babies at once. Three youngsters at once is something non-fundies do sometimes so I think they can do it without becoming detached robo-parents like Michelle, but after this one I am right there with ya and hope they do NFP to take a break.

5 hours ago, Marly said:

If you can't take her for a walk, and don't have a (big) yard, where do you take her for her number one's and two's?  (Btw, i'm genuinly curious, it's not veiled criticism :P ). I've heard stories of people with chihuahua's who have trained them to use a litterbox, but I'm not sure if things like that exist for bigger breeds as well.

Where I live (the Netherlands) it is not "normal" to let your dog pee and poo in your backyard (unless it's an elderly dog on it's last legs), so people usually walk their dogs at least 3 times a day. One of those walks is usually a longer one (20+ minutes), and the others at least long enough for the dog to sniff around a bit and "answer nature's call". 

Of course there are people who let their dogs pee and poo in their backyards, but this is very much frowned upon. Most cities and villages here have a lot of specially designated “dog walk/dog toilet” areas, which gives dog owners less of an excuse to not walk their dogs. Also, one of the things that makes this possible, I think, is that distances here are much, much smaller than in the US. I can’t even imagine a situation here where you’d have to get into your car just to be able to let your dog pee/poo. When my parents want to go for real big walks (2+ hours) they do drive to a more rural area (short drives of no more than 20 minutes), but that’s mostly because they like to change up their walking routes, not because they can’t take those walks right where they live.

Lol! No offense taken.

We live in a townhome within a small condo complex. There are grassy areas she can use in the neighborhood, but no fenced areas for her to run around off leash (HOA rules, town law, and common sense prohibit dogs from being off leash in non-designated public areas.) We used to bring her to a nearby dog park, but we had a bad experience that made us decide not to bring her for a while and taking the baby in there would be a really stupid decision. Our parents and my sister have issued her an open invite to use their fenced yards, but we live about 40 minutes away and it’s a hassle to bring the dog and baby down everyday. It’s a rare treat when she gets to run around outside off leash unfortunately. 

Dogs here mostly go in their own yards. I bring her to the center of town or local parks to get exercise, but she also pees/poos there too. We try to keep her on the grassy areas between the sidewalk and the road though because it seems really rude to let her go on someone’s front lawn (even though we always clean up afterwards.) Most days she goes out in the morning, around noon, after dinner, and before bed. If it’s nice out husband walks her around the neighborhood - it’s a pretty small neighborhood, but better than nothing. 

On dogs:

I have for the past few years seen this issue become worse and worse. We live in a lower middle class neighborhood in Florida, mostly retired and older neighbors. Multiple neighbors would let their dogs out and they would run loose around the neighborhood which made me very uncomfortable because we have three small kids. One of the dogs that sometimes is let out has charged aggressively toward my husband a few times. It's a real problem, I am always on guard in my own front yard about where are these people's dogs, and are they loose? The other issue with the neighbors who do leash and walk their dogs is that they let their dogs defecate on our lawn without picking it up. I was honestly surprised that older generations thought that this was on okay behavior, I have never ever let my dog mess in anyones yard - especially not on purpose. People here walk their dogs in strollers, take them into grocery stores, restaurants, hardware stores. I borderline don't feel safe letting my own small kids walk into a store because it seems theres dogs all over the place, and I don't know which ones are aggressive!

We were walking with my three year old in our neighborhood, and generally she is good about not touching strange dogs. She won't approach a dog leashed walking by, etc. One neighbor came out of her house with her dog and stopped to talk to my daughter - getting close to her. My three year old has had other dog owners approach her tell her she can pet their dog (which makes me uncomfortable but it happens a lot, which is confusing for her.... being THREE) this lady started talking to her and she took it as an invitation to pet her dog. She tried to approach the dog and the lady started yelling "NEVER pet a strange dog, EVER." And she went on and on and it scared her, she started to cry. And I was trying to hard to keep my cool but I was thinking, "WELL THEN DON'T TALK TO MY DAUGHTER and keep walking your dog lady. SHE'S THREE." I mean... it's confusing for a child when some people approach her and say "Here, pet my dog," and then someone else approaches her the same way and says "NEVER TOUCH MY DOG." Geez lady, keep walking. 

I think what people don't do anymore is put any effort into training their dog. I got my pit bull when he was a puppy, and I socialized him from a very early age, I read lots of books about his breed and techniques on how to train him and keep him happy. He knows not to run away when he is in our yard, to walk by our side, not chase cats, to call when commanded, sit, stay, not jump on people or bark at people, etc. But this all took a lot of time, work and effort. Everyone loves him and says he has a wonderful personality and is a pleasure to be around. He is a very happy dog because he has discipline and structure and dogs are so wonderful that they want to please their owners, it makes them happy to know boundaries. People think he was born this way, which baffles me because it takes intense time and work to train a dog to be a great pet. I just don't think people put any time and work into the responsibilities of owning a dog. It's a shame. 

Sorry for the rant.

to clarify- I do realize some dogs are rescue dogs and they have different issues, I respect people who are able to rescue these pets and find a happy medium. These are not the pet owners I'm speaking of when i say some people don't teach their dogs manners.

2 hours ago, shock928 said:

My three year old has had other dog owners approach her tell her she can pet their dog (which makes me uncomfortable but it happens a lot, which is confusing for her.... being THREE) this lady started talking to her and she took it as an invitation to pet her dog. She tried to approach the dog and the lady started yelling "NEVER pet a strange dog, EVER.

I tend for the dual pronged approach, if a child looks like they are interested (and the situation allows) I look at the parents and say that he's friendly (while keeping him reigned in) IF they say it's ok either me or them will ask the child if they want to pet the dog.  I try to never ask the child first. 

2 hours ago, shock928 said:

to clarify- I do realize some dogs are rescue dogs and they have different issues, I respect people who are able to rescue these pets and find a happy medium. These are not the pet owners I'm speaking of when i say some people don't teach their dogs manners.

For us it's just been all about recognizing his strengths and limitations, he was older and had been attacked by other dogs before we got him. He's never going to be a dog who loves other dogs, and we will always need to keep his reactivity in mind and work with that (no off leash dog parks, talking to him when we pass other dogs on our walks, encouraging and rewarding good behavior etc) While focusing on the things he does well letting people who want to pet him pet him (since he loves it) etc. We live near a couple homeless shelters/supportive housing areas and he has made himself best friends with some of the residents/clients they love seeing him and he loves the attention he gets. 

On 1/3/2018 at 8:20 AM, Eternalbluepearl said:

A family member came to meet my newborn last week and brought their dog. It's just been awful. People are obsessed with dogs and I am embarrassed to admit that I am afraid of them. Yikes. 

Who the heck brings a dog to meet a newborn, ESPECIALLY WITHOUT ASKING? Rude. And no judgement here.

On 1/3/2018 at 10:30 AM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

YES. I actually said something to a couple at Target with their very large dog, I asked if it was a service dog, my daughter loves to pet dogs but I've taught her not to touch service dogs and I wasn't sure since this wasn't wearing a vest. The lady said "no it is jusst my dog". So I looked at her said said then get your dog out of the store, the world isn't your living room, leave your damn dog at home the rules apply to you too.  I hate entitled people who think the rules don't apply to them because they are special. I found a manager and had her thrown out.  I love dogs, don't get me wrong, they are wonderful and I never pass up a chance to get puppy kisses or doggy licks. But damnit, my dog stays HOME, unless she's going to the Vet, Petco, or other animal friendly areas. I've never considered taking her to the grocery store. Where I live we have Super Targets with grocery stores in them and they were in the produce section of the market.

What the heck. I don’t trust random idiots with their dogs in grocery stores. Service dogs, I trust. Random idiots will let their dog sliver on all the produce and put it back. 

I agree about people thinking rules don’t apply to them. It’s beyond annoying.

On 1/3/2018 at 12:04 PM, MayMay1123 said:

don't like crowds (i'm 5 feet tall and so i can't see where i am when people are around me) or deep water or dogs (i was attacked by a german shepherd when i was 5) and i get panic attacks during thunder and lightening storms. and there you have my excuses for being a hermit :my_blush:

I don’t like crowds because of the being short issue, plus when people try to move through the crowd they like to shove me. I can’t count the number of times someone has nearly knocked me over and pretended they didn’t see.

I was almost attacked by a husky when I was 10, barely got away. I was afraid of dogs before that though. That event certainly didn’t help.

My mom doesn’t like dogs (to say the least) because she witnessed one kill her cat when she was a kid. Which would be incredibly traumatic. I think it was some neighbor’s dog.

On 1/4/2018 at 10:25 AM, Jinder Roles said:

@Eternalbluepearl I’m the opposite. I grew up with a deep fear of dogs, and have grown out of most of it in recent years. I’m still uneasy around most dogs but won’t run away. It really annoys me when people either refuse to put their dogs away when you visit (after you expressed your discomfort beforehand) or when people walk their dogs/have them in public spaces without leashes. Like, I’m glad you trust your dog, but I don’t. 

I had a huge phobia of dogs growing up as well. I’m better now, but it’s more of a, “I tolerate dogs. If they pretend I’m not there I’m fine.” But I’m still at the point where I don’t want to date someone who has a dog, lol.

Whenever my family went to Thanksgiving or some other holidays at my aunt and uncle’s house they’d have to put their dog in a crate before I’d go inside. But my uncle’s mother and sister always brought their dog (they lived together until his mother passed away). The three of them had some weird co-dependency attachment issues. I think the dog was both of their child? Or one of their husband? Fuck if I know. But the dog had mental issues they never seemed to address. They claimed he couldn’t be left alone because he’d tear the house apart. Why bother getting the dog the therapy and training he needed? They never cared about how terrified I was. Only their dog, their child, mattered.  I don’t think my uncle’s on went anywhere without that dog. My parents, brothers, and I never liked him.

After he passed away they got a new dog, who actually knows how to behave. My aunt and uncle currently don’t have a pet. At Thanksgiving I was annoyed that my uncle’s sister left her dog at home since my cousin’s in-laws are terrified of dogs. After they left the sister went to go get her dog. But it’s like what, my extreme phobia as a child didn’t count because children aren’t people??

On 1/4/2018 at 4:18 PM, SapphireSlytherin said:

Oh yeah. Especially those whose dogs approach me (I've already stated my opinion on this) and when I back away or ask them to curb their dog, they respond, "Oh, he's friendly/not aggressive/just wants you to pet him." Seriously? 

And I’m like no, I don’t care he wants me to pet him. I DON’T WANT TO PET HIM. Don’t force your pet on people.

Accidentally deleted the quote but on the subject of being easily startled - My former supervisor would laugh at me because if she’d come up and tap me on the shoulder or say something I’d jump. I wasn’t even zoned in on something. She just makes no noise when she walks.

On 1/5/2018 at 1:19 PM, neurogirl said:

And my weird fear is taxidermied (don't think that's a word) animals!!! Growing up the science museum had many many exhibits showing animals of the world and it just creeped me out so much. When my girl scouts did a sleepover in the science museum I chose the room with all the fossils in it as it was better than the stuffed porcupines and bobcats! *shudder*

Oooh--I work at one of those places! 

Someone upthread had the same fear. What you never want to do is go up to our 2nd floor, which is normally closed to the public.  That is where we keep the bad taxidermy--the quadrupeds that were preserved standing on two feet--the overstuffed and understuffed leopards---the ones with all the fur rubbed off---the list goes on.  Not my particular phobia, but I admit it is pretty darn creepy up there.

12 hours ago, KnittingOwl said:

My biggest fear: cockroaches. Cannot handle them. Living in Virginia was rough because we’d always get a few in the house in the fall. Grossed out thinking of it now. 

Also at my job, we have live Madagascar hissing cockroaches.  In a big tank.  And I have to reach my hand in to pick them up.  It is pretty awful.  I try to pretend that I am someone who does not mind such things.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived