IGNORED

Sarah Palin's son Track arrested

47of74

On 12/18/2017 at 4:16 PM, iweartanktops said:

I just want to say that if Track Palin was black, he'd likely have been shot to death by the cops this morning Saturday. 

Giving you my full support on this.  I believe he wouldn't be alive if he were black.  He's alive because he's white and a Palin...but mostly because he is white.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, VixenToast said:

Still, May God send you more better days than the bad, Track. And may you find the courage to change. Clearly his family loves him, he just needs the willpower to overcome his demons. I don't like his mom, but I hate to see a persons soul suffer.

It IS sad. And I do NOT wish him anything bad.

But I have to say --- What about his victims? By now, they are multiple. Where is the concern for his victims, more than for him?

And, sorry, willpower is not sufficient to overcome. It will take a whole lot more than willpower.

1 hour ago, apple1 said:

It IS sad. And I do NOT wish him anything bad.

But I have to say --- What about his victims? By now, they are multiple. Where is the concern for his victims, more than for him?

And, sorry, willpower is not sufficient to overcome. It will take a whole lot more than willpower.

It takes willpower. 110% willpower to break yourself free from addiction or to get help for mental illness(or often both!). Like I just said, I JUST lost a friend this month to this shit, how the fuck else are they supposed to break free? A magic wand? Standing on the train tracks waiting for release? Going to AA and NA takes willpower. Seeking any treatment requires willpower. Leaving ALL YOUR FRIENDS who still partake takes so much willpower. Learning to live life sober requires willpower. CHANGE takes willpower. How the fuck else do you you overcome the demons? WILLPOWER!

jesus fuck. Triggered. And done.

(Also, Concern for the mentally ill/substance abusers does not negate or lessen in any way the concern that rightfully should be shown to their victims. But neither does it mean the person is a monster unworthy of empathy or a hope for change.)

15 minutes ago, VixenToast said:

It takes willpower. 110% willpower to break yourself free from addiction or to get help for mental illness(or often both!). Like I just said, I JUST lost a friend this month to this shit, how the fuck else are they supposed to break free? A magic wand? Standing on the train tracks waiting for release? Going to AA and NA takes willpower. Seeking any treatment requires willpower. Leaving ALL YOUR FRIENDS who still partake takes so much willpower. Learning to live life sober requires willpower. CHANGE takes willpower. How the fuck else do you you overcome the demons? WILLPOWER!

jesus fuck. Triggered. And done.

(Also, Concern for the mentally ill/substance abusers does not negate or lessen in any way the concern that rightfully should be shown to their victims. But neither does it mean the person is a monster unworthy of empathy or a hope for change.)

Your own posts demonstrates that it takes more than willpower. It takes services like AA or NA, treatment, and the skills to learn how to live life soberly. 

You even said in a previous post, "Not many people can fix themselves without intervention." I.e., it takes more than willpower. 

At no point did Apple1 indicate that Track is a monster. 

If you talk to an alcoholic or an addict early in their recovery they will tell you that all the willpower in the world got them where they are.  All the promises they made to quit or cut down didn't work.  It takes humility.  It takes the ability to look hard enough at yourself to know you need help.

I wish the best for Track and his victims and I am really sorry that you lost your friend.  It must be devastating.

On 12/18/2017 at 4:33 PM, Maggie Mae said:

He doesn't need help. He's been a violent douche at least since high school. He needs prison or something. 

He needs some serious consequences, and sounds like therapy and some form of addiction treatment would also help.  

He has had so many chances and options that many of us don't have. He's been a shit head his whole life. (well, at least since high school, i don't know anyone who knew him when he was a child child) 

Here is the latest - he "couldn't go to treatment" because of his job. He lives with his parents. And of course his initial charge was suspended. 

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/mat-su/2017/12/19/veterans-court-comes-with-counseling-and-treatment-but-track-palin-opted-out-last-year/

I have zero sympathy and think the Mat-Su jail is too good for him. 

Palin on Tuesday remained jailed at Mat-Su Pretrial Facility on $5,000 cash or corporate bail and release to a third-party custodian

Is he broke?

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

Is he broke?

Maybe the Palins have decided to let him fully deal with the consequences of his own actions? :pray: 

Unfortunately, I've seen this movie before, and families frequently go back to enabling once the crisis has passed, and the dance starts all over again. Time will tell if they are ready to start working on their own issues regardless of what happens with Track.

2 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Maybe the Palins have decided to let him fully deal with the consequences of his own actions? :pray: 

Unfortunately, I've seen this movie before, and families frequently go back to enabling once the crisis has passed, and the dance starts all over again. Time will tell if they are ready to start working on their own issues regardless of what happens with Track.

It seems likely they are trying the tough love route, because I can't imagine that Todd and Sarah couldn't come up with $5,

If he has addiction problems (which it sounds like, on top of some long-standing anger/violence issues), a few days in jail won't make a bit of difference.  The only one who can help Track is Track.  He's got to reach a point where he wants to change his life, make different choices.  Will that happen before he seriously injures or kills someone?  I hope so, but right now, he's on a very dark road.

1 hour ago, EmmieJ said:

If he has addiction problems (which it sounds like, on top of some long-standing anger/violence issues), a few days in jail won't make a bit of difference.  The only one who can help Track is Track.  He's got to reach a point where he wants to change his life, make different choices.  Will that happen before he seriously injures or kills someone?  I hope so, but right now, he's on a very dark road.

You are absolutely right that a few days in jail won't fix his problems. I was thinking more about them leaving him in jail to give everyone involved an opportunity to think and to make some future plans. Britta, Track's ex-wife, has used this time to file for restraining orders against him. The Palins still have minor children at home, and they need to be thinking about ensuring the safety of Piper and Trig.

Do I think the odds are high that Track and/or the rest of his family will have a "come to Jesus" moment and immediately start making healthier choices? I seriously doubt it, but until we are in the ground, we always have the opportunity to start the process of changing the things that aren't working for us anymore.

For the sake of his children, I hope Track finds his bottom sooner rather than later. 

He's not a child. He must be pushing 30.  

Drugs and mental illness may be fueling some of this, but he's clearly a violent, dangerous man with access to lots of guns and ammo.  If this isn't dealt with he could end up killing one - or many - people. 

Wasn't it reported his father had a drinking problem? I could swear I saw somewhere his father had a drinking problem. I'm surprised they haven't shipped his but off to some drug Christian rehab. After all the Duggars shipped Josh off to religious rehab.

1 hour ago, Maggie Mae said:

I'm concerned about the terms of his house arrest. The man has issues with drugs and alcohol and to leave him alone and without support is dangerous.  I fear he won't be able to just go cold turkey without support and things will spiral out of control again.

I also don't get how he can keep the parameters of a two mile zone near a liquor store. Just driving to work he must pass many of them along the way. I get how going inside a store would be a violation, but staying that far away would be difficult on just a piratical basis. 

It also must be really hard on the youngest. Trig is what, only about eight?  That is a lot for a kid to process. He loves his father and his brother I hope he didn't witness the fight. Poor kid.

1 hour ago, onekidanddone said:

I also don't get how he can keep the parameters of a two mile zone near a liquor store. Just driving to work he must pass many of them along the way. I get how going inside a store would be a violation, but staying that far away would be difficult on just a piratical basis.

I don't understand any of this, either. And, according to property records, he owns a home in a subdivision, and it was built in 2017. Google Maps (date 2017) doesn't have this on any map. The primary owner's address is listed as his parent's address. I can tell where it's supposed to be - and I'm sure there's a building there that just hasn't made it to the map yet - but it's still odd. 

How did they put restraining orders on him if he lives with his parents? 

And the two mile liquor store thing is going to be pretty hard to follow. There aren't a ton of liquor stores in the valley but he'll have to pass at least one to get to his job in Palmer. There must be something we don't know. He'll have to get his groceries delivered.

That whole family is a drug addled trashy mess and has been for a long time. LOTS of rumors of cocaine use with Sarah and her husband. Bristol and Willow were nasty and rude party girls...I know people who partied with Bristol and she had to be carried out of more than one. Track cut a bunch of brake lines on school buses in high school and that’s why he went into the military. Willow broke into a house in high school and it was hushed up by Sarah. There is a reason that Wasilla has such a bad reputation.

sorry, Alaska is like one big small town sometimes. 

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

So Sarah managed to get two of her kids married, but neither marriage stuck.  Good job, Sarah!  Maybe you'll have better luck with newly-engaged Willow.

7 hours ago, JMarie said:

So Sarah managed to get two of her kids married, but neither marriage stuck.  Good job, Sarah!  Maybe you'll have better luck with newly-engaged Willow.

Anybody here want to put money on Willow Palin being married two years from now? I would put money on her having a child by then though.

Also Track Palin will either be in jail or have had another encounter with the law. And Bristol will have drawn another poor sap into her web.

15 hours ago, GrumpyGran said:

And Bristol will have drawn another poor sap into her web.

Her daughter Atlee is coming up on her first birthday, so Bristol could easily be pregnant again before 2018 is over.

9 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Her daughter Atlee is coming up on her first birthday, so Bristol could easily be pregnant again before 2018 is over.

What a depressing thought.

Archived