IGNORED

Maxwell 16: At least one Maxwell got fed for Thanksgiving...

samurai_sarah

On 12/25/2017 at 8:45 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

John looks so much like Steve in the Bontrager Instagram family photo that I will NEVER call him hot John again. I legit shuddered. 

LOL I told people a long time ago, IRL John is not that hot.  (I attended part of one of the last dog & pony shows.)

He had a sassy attitude and showed a lot more energy than did the robotically smiling other siblings but “hot”? Not. 

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/25/2017 at 8:45 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

John looks so much like Steve in the Bontrager Instagram family photo that I will NEVER call him hot John again. I legit shuddered. 

THIS!!! I was going to say that when I say the pic of John at Thanksgiving sitting around the table with the Bible Bee rejects ( I think) I thought he resembled a cross between Norman Bates and Hannibibal Lecter. This new pic just cements that and I'm happy that Judgy Chelsy is taking him off the market. Not only is he no longer attractive but he creeps me out. 

Merry Christmas! The Maxwells posted yet another family photo. What a surprise. It feels like they are very into group photos of themselves. 

New Maxhell post about the new totally-not-an-autobiography written by Simply Sarah.

Is it just me, or is the girl in the 4th picture down wearing pants? Or perhaps it's a long haired boy? Either way, I'm sure that isn't Steve Approved (TM) (C)

Some of the Maxwell followers wear pants; you can see a good few examples by looking over past conference posts.

26 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Some of the Maxwell followers wear pants; you can see a good few examples by looking over past conference posts.

Yes they do. I’m sure the Steve is mad that they wear them. 

Wow, those the faces of the people reading Sunflower's Christmas Miracle really look thrilled to be doing so.  

The photo captions are as Sarah as always :P  Some gems:

"A selfie going on here."

"Ruthie knew she wanted to get me a hat and a pink one!"

"My sweet “puppy.”"

This is an extremely practical gift: a director’s chair for Mary to use with face painting.  (Wow, so extreme!)

"Mary’s labor of love making cards for GiGi!" (phrasing!)

"Some rested in the afternoon, and some of us played games." ("some" vs. "some of us" is weird.  And what if they had... fun?)

"You probably don’t understand how special of a gift the above was! Andrew had Ruthie, and he wanted to get her glasses, as Ruthie loves Tina’s glasses. That look is priceless." (no and we still don't understand because you're terrible at explaining)

It's odd to me that this is what they post the day John gets married. I'm wondering how long it will take to make that announcement. 

Since the leghumpers know about the wedding and will probably be asking about it (especially since Sarah mentioned they’re in Iowa), I reckon it won’t be too long. A post or possibly two by Tuesday, perhaps? 

5 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

The photo captions are as Sarah as always :P  Some gems:

"My sweet “puppy.”"

What the hell is that thing?!?! 

Oh, okay. 

20 minutes ago, Charliemae said:

What the hell is that thing?!?! 

Oh, okay. 

What thing?

16 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Since the leghumpers know about the wedding and will probably be asking about it (especially since Sarah mentioned they’re in Iowa), I reckon it won’t be too long. A post or possibly two by Tuesday, perhaps? 

True, but that is different from how they were with previous weddings. Nathan and Chris's, I believe, had posts the day of (Chris's was livestreamed, don't remember about Nathan's). And Joseph, even if nothing was mentioned, they at least posted the day of that the wedding had happened. 

I really think this wedding was not to Steve's liking, for whatever reason. He couldn't stop it, but he wasn't going to celebrate it like he has previously. 

So, according to Sarah, a picture will be posted tomorrow. If that's all is said about this wedding, then for sure Steve is not happy. 

Makes me wonder if the fuss about Steve's vasectomy at the wedding was an effort to placate him and boost his ego about the marriage. 

You guys, I'm a bad fundie watcher—I completely forget about the wedding until it was over. I can't even blame Mr. Viper's incipient cold, because he wasn't here when it was going on; it was only when he came home miserable hours later that I thought, "Well, in sickness and in hea...oh crap, the livestream." I had to catch up on that thread after hauling him upstairs and depositing him in a hot bath, which he totally busted me on.

"Babe, you still there?"

"Yeah. Just reading some stuff online."

"You're on FJ, aren't you?"

"...Yeah. Those weirdos in Leavenworth married off another kid."

"Anything interesting?"

"You're not gonna believe this shit."

Sorry, John! Maybe I'll remember when it's Jesse's turn.

Backtracking a little; but I think this is a really nice picture of Christopher's family. It seems rare to see them all so genuinely happy. I feel like we're getting a glimpse of a gentler, more involved Christopher when it comes to his kids. I can't really explain it but something seems a bit different.

I thought it was nice to see Chris holding little Daniel through the wedding.  Maybe Daniel fussed about walking with the other kids so Chris just picked him up and held him. I think that is a nice touch; especially since Abby would have been left with one more child to babysit if this had not happened. 

IMG_9395.JPG

2 hours ago, usmcmom said:

IMG_9395.JPG

Sarah, if you can't compose a shot (lots of us can't, especially with candids), please learn to crop your photos.

Sarah posted a shot of the Maxwell family at the wedding (Teri, Steve, and their children, spouses, and grandchildren.) It's a gorgeous shot and everyone looks great, with newly-married Chelsy and John in the middle.)

Sarah, Mary, and Anna all look charming. Maybe a touch of makeup? VERY high modesty panels. Interestingly, both Elissa and Melanie went for very low modesty panels (barely there) and look stunning. I hope the Maxwell sons thank God every day on their knees for having sent each of them a spouse who is caring, loving, puts up with Steve's nonsense, and, just as an aside, is objectively gorgeous.  I can only hope to look as good on my wedding day with makeup as Anna-Marie looked on hers with a bare face.

Bridesmaids seem to be in silvery-gray flats, which looks good and matches the children's outfits. Too bad Chelsy didn't wear similar. I do like Chelsy's dress: she made it herself, and that obviates and flaws.

I think Anna-Marie's love and caring for her children and family must have set Christopher a good example: I hope so, because I do want the Maxwell grandchildren to be raised by caring and involved fathers.

3 hours ago, Jigsaw3 said:

Sarah, Mary, and Anna all look charming. Maybe a touch of makeup? VERY high modesty panels. Interestingly, both Elissa and Melanie went for very low modesty panels (barely there) and look stunning. I hope the Maxwell sons thank God every day on their knees for having sent each of them a spouse who is caring, loving, puts up with Steve's nonsense, and, just as an aside, is objectively gorgeous.  I can only hope to look as good on my wedding day with makeup as Anna-Marie looked on hers with a bare face.

The spinsters definitely have higher, holier-than-thou modesty panels, but I'd wager this was more steve's doing than theirs. They are still under his control, while the married "extended family" and the other bridal party members do not have to answer to him. I have no doubts he demanded it. 

5 minutes ago, Casserole said:

The spinsters definitely have higher, holier-than-thou modesty panels, but I'd wager this was more steve's doing than theirs. They are still under his control, while the married "extended family" and the other bridal party members do not have to answer to him. I have no doubts he demanded it. 

I’m sure it was. 

7 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Backtracking a little; but I think this is a really nice picture of Christopher's family. It seems rare to see them all so genuinely happy. I feel like we're getting a glimpse of a gentler, more involved Christopher when it comes to his kids. I can't really explain it but something seems a bit different.

I thought it was nice to see Chris holding little Daniel through the wedding.  Maybe Daniel fussed about walking with the other kids so Chris just picked him up and held him. I think that is a nice touch; especially since Abby would have been left with one more child to babysit if this had not happened. 

IMG_9395.JPG

For all their fault and despite the horrible, toxic things they are teaching those kids, I will give it to the Maxwells that they obviously adore the littles and they are very well cared-for, and there is some allowance made for the children to develop interests and personalities (within strict parameters, but it's there). It's in stark contrast to the younger Duggar kids, who look like street urchins and don't seem to have anyone giving much of a fuck about them, or the straight-outta-UNICEF-commercial Rodrigues and Anderson kids. The Maxwell kids always look clean, dressed appropriately for the weather (skirts notwithstanding), and well-fed, and the gifts and projects they do seem like fun (by Maxwell standards) and are mostly age-appropriate (though you can tell they're transitioning Abby into Sistermom Mode). 

35 minutes ago, Casserole said:

Pretty sad a woman in her mid thirties has to answer to daddy on her bridesmaid dress.

49 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Pretty sad a woman in her mid thirties has to answer to daddy on her bridesmaid dress.

The last time my dad had any say in something I wore was when he offered to help me buy some outdoor gear at REI (where he gets good discounts because he's a member), and he picked out a rather nice jacket for me (and it's a damn good jacket that I get a lot of use out of). I couldn't imagine a situation where he'd have any say in what I wore beyond "hey, this jacket is in the color you wanted and looks nice" or "that bridesmaid dress looks lovely on you". Fundie dad-daughter relationships weird me out so much, I think mostly because I'm so close to my dad. 

Sorry to be so new to reading up on this but why is it thought that the Maxwells don't like Chelsy Bontrager? I can't find it.

1 hour ago, luv2laugh said:

Sorry to be so new to reading up on this but why is it thought that the Maxwells don't like Chelsy Bontrager? I can't find it.

As horrid as the Bontragers beliefs are they seem more worldly than the Maxwells would like.  They have FUN!  Some of them have gone to Christian college, the girls wear a little makeup, I think Judgy Chelsy even wrote it's OK for girls to wear pants once in a while.  All no-nos in Maxhell.  Chelsy also seems the type not to take any shit from Coward Steve.  Steve seemed pretty pissed the Bontragers announced the engagement on their blog.  Either Steve didn't want the wedding to take place or was afraid it wouldn't go through so they could keep the broken engagement quiet

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived