IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin: Skinny for Jesus

nausicaa

18 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

No, it's actually true that Joe Lara and his ex lived in a 5,000 sq foot mansion in Brentwood, TN. It was discussed in a public article and its information is public online. I am assuming it is his ex that owned and bought it since people are saying Joe didn't have money?

l re-read my response and I apologize. I thought you were referring to Gwen and Joe, not Joe and his ex. 

It appears that she indeed may own it however I am unsure about Joe not having money / being broke.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RFSurvivor_2 said:

l re-read my response and I apologize. I thought you were referring to Gwen and Joe, not Joe and his ex. 

It appears that she indeed may own it however I am unsure about Joe not having money / being broke.

The video says he was staying in the unconnected guest pool house. I don't know, someone in the previous threads says he doesn't have any money.
https://youtu.be/78nwVEhvg5g

11 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

The video says he was staying in the unconnected guest pool house.
https://youtu.be/78nwVEhvg5g

This...makes me feel...oddly weird to be honest. 

22 minutes ago, Florita said:

Let's see:

He's an actor and she stages elaborate productions of weddings and other events. As well as producing a copious amount of videos.

He's a wannabe singer/songwriter and she owns recording facilities and forces people to listen to what she produces.

He wants fame and she has a captive audience.

In return she gets to appear younger and more attractive (therefore more relevant) with him hanging on her arm and she can exploit his talents to promote herself.

It's a sick win-win.

Indeed. I was being quite sarcastic in my statement, for the record.

Everything that you listed are valid/viable reasons for this “marriage”. It is indeed, a sick win-win. I hate it because she is getting what she wants. Again. I’m sick of seeing her win...

Did anyone actually ever see proof of Gwen being overweight? In every class and book, she shares that she was as much as 30 or so pounds overweight on her frame —  resembling "a potato with toothpick legs." But I never saw one picture to suggest she had ever been overweight.

47 minutes ago, sajetime said:

Did anyone actually ever see proof of Gwen being overweight? In every class and book, she shares that she was as much as 30 or so pounds overweight on her frame —  resembling "a potato with toothpick legs." But I never saw one picture to suggest she had ever been overweight.

If Gwen was ever really 30 pounds overweight, one would sure think she'd show her own before and after picture.  Everyone else's before and after pictures are plastered all over the 'about me'/'my testimony' sections of Weigh Down/Remnant websites.  Where's hers?  Yes, ironic.  But there are so many ironic things about Gwen/Remnant when you start looking (for those that can see).  Sadly, those sucked in can't see.

Either she is lying about the 30 lbs or the picture isn't flattering enough (yet she expects everyone else to put their unflattering 'before' pictures up) or whatever.

But I guess that really doesn't matter.  What matters is her destruction she leaves behind when people get involved under the guise of a 'faith-based weight loss' program.  What a hook.

4 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

he was staying in the unconnected guest pool house. 

You know, I was just wondering whatever became of Kato Kaelin.

Even if she was draped on the arm of Lin Manuel Miranda or my favorite sweet young thing, Aidan Turner, Ms. Shambles can only ever look like an acid-tripping banshee of the highest order. Ain't nothing ever could make her look good. And you just know she's bald under that holy-roller rats' nest  of a wig.

Thank you to our new members for sharing so much information, and for your testimonies. I hope that you all may find some healing here. Peace to all.

4 hours ago, RFSurvivor_2 said:

This...makes me feel...oddly weird to be honest. 

Indeed. I was being quite sarcastic in my statement, for the record.

Everything that you listed are valid/viable reasons for this “marriage”. It is indeed, a sick win-win. I hate it because she is getting what she wants. Again. I’m sick of seeing her win...

And if he's just a user......what does that mean about what he's doing to his kid? Using her to gain sympathy? Because he wouldn't look like the kind of person Gwen would marry if he wasn't trying to shove the cult down someones throat. In fact, he probably used that whole scenario to get close to her. And they all think anyone on the outside is bad so it would be easy for him to convince them his ex wasn't a fit parent. I mean I didn't know any of them and they assumed because I wasn't one of them, that I was unfit. 

44 minutes ago, SJWaterford said:

And if he's just a user......what does that mean about what he's doing to his kid? Using her to gain sympathy? Because he wouldn't look like the kind of person Gwen would marry if he wasn't trying to shove the cult down someones throat. In fact, he probably used that whole scenario to get close to her. And they all think anyone on the outside is bad so it would be easy for him to convince them his ex wasn't a fit parent. I mean I didn't know any of them and they assumed because I wasn't one of them, that I was unfit. 

I didn’t think of it that way! Great insight!

1 hour ago, WorseThan1Thinks said:

If Gwen was ever really 30 pounds overweight, one would sure think she'd show her own before and after picture.  Everyone else's before and after pictures are plastered all over the 'about me'/'my testimony' sections of Weigh Down/Remnant websites.  Where's hers?  Yes, ironic.  But there are so many ironic things about Gwen/Remnant when you start looking (for those that can see).  Sadly, those sucked in can't see.

Either she is lying about the 30 lbs or the picture isn't flattering enough (yet she expects everyone else to put their unflattering 'before' pictures up) or whatever.

But I guess that really doesn't matter.  What matters is her destruction she leaves behind when people get involved under the guise of a 'faith-based weight loss' program.  What a hook.

I wonder if there's some kind of dysphoria going on -- where Gwen sees 30 extra pounds that aren't there. The kind of dysphoria that ties in with an eating disorder. (I'm not a medical professional, just an almost-librarian.)

Note: I'm not excusing any of Gwen's behavior or the abusive environment she controls, but this inconsistency could be mostly from Gwen's brain.

Random curiosity, In the case of the young divorced women, who seams to have ben absorbed into her inlaws family, who will walk her down the aisle?  Her biological father or the FIL?

Just now, LovelyLuna said:

Random curiosity, In the case of the young divorced women, who seams to have ben absorbed into her inlaws family, who will walk her down the aisle?  Her biological father or the FIL?

Her biological father is not in the “picture”. Father in law? Possibly. To be honest, it wouldn’t surprise me if one of the RF leaders walked her down. Like Ted or Joe (Langsdon).

13 minutes ago, RFSurvivor_2 said:

Her biological father is not in the “picture”. Father in law? Possibly. To be honest, it wouldn’t surprise me if one of the RF leaders walked her down. Like Ted or Joe (Langsdon).

Thank you for the reply.  What a curious situation.  Making up family relations worked out moderately well for Anne of Cleves, I hope it dose for this girl as well.

She was already married I believe - now Hannah Collins.  I’m still connected through Facebook so see all of the photos and happenings of WD and RF. 

29 minutes ago, Truth sets you free said:

She was already married I believe - now Hannah Collins.  I’m still connected through Facebook so see all of the photos and happenings of WD and RF. 

Indeed she did get married. They got married at one of the RF Leader's mansions in Brentwood, TN. I am not sure who walked her down the isle but believe me, private weddings are eyebrow raising, even in the church.

Sooooo was Gwen the popular girl or never in a sorority and bitter as hell about it (which explains the outfits, the weave and all that hot mess).  This is creepy for 13 year olds on soo soo many levels.

4 hours ago, SJWaterford said:

Key tenet of Remnant theology (and every cult ever) is that if you don't belong to the cult you're going to hell. Tarzan doesn't want his daughter to go to hell therefore his custody battle is justified.

My sarcastic opinion: Realize of course this means Martin Luther, John Calvin, Charles Spurgeon, Thomas Aquinas, John Wesley, St. Basil the Great etc etc and the billions of Christians that ever lived, all went to hell because they believed in the Trinity and were not lucky enough to live during the lifetime of Gwen Shamblin, a dietitian from Tennessee who is a true prophet of God. Also, they never figured out salvation was actually only for those who are 10 lbs underweight and has little or nothing to do with faith in Christ.

3 hours ago, LovelyLuna said:

Hannah’s father Steve Travis and her brother were photographed with her and fiancé at what presumably was her blessing shower the week before. I didn’t see photos of her father at her wedding, but there is a photo of her former father-in-law Joe Langston doing a reading and her former sister-in-law Margaret Langsdon as her bridesmaid. 

C6C38A0E-A6E9-4617-B01F-07D0E828FD17.jpeg

C76609E9-0818-4FDC-B294-FDCEBA1CB73C.jpeg

56 minutes ago, Florita said:

Key tenet of Remnant theology (and every cult ever) is that if you don't belong to the cult you're going to hell. Tarzan doesn't want his daughter to go to hell therefore his custody battle is justified.

My sarcastic opinion: Realize of course this means Martin Luther, John Calvin, Charles Spurgeon, Thomas Aquinas, John Wesley, St. Basil the Great etc etc and the billions of Christians that ever lived, all went to hell because they believed in the Trinity and were not lucky enough to live during the lifetime of Gwen Shamblin, a dietitian from Tennessee who is a true prophet of God. Also, they never figured out salvation was actually only for those who are 10 lbs underweight and has little or nothing to do with faith in Christ.

This fact hasn't really been empathasized enough about Remnant.  Gwen sincerely believes she has it right and ALL other churches are counterfeit.  Gwen somehow has become a master theologeon that surpasses all others that have spent their lives studying Christian theology.  She literally mocks Billy Graham and others. Every other Christian leader is wrong.  They all interprete the Bible wrong, but she (a registered dietician) understands the Bible correctly.  And her members are convinced God speaks through her and is a prophet.  

Among so many other things that says about Gwen, at the least, it's the epitome of egototisical.  And all while she somehow gets to claim, and her members claim, herself as humble.

The typical Remnant member whole-heartedly thinks Remnant is the ONE true church.  The others are counterfeit.  And if one really believes that, it is very powerful and Gwen becomes very powerful.  And this part of how cults work.

6 hours ago, Walking Cat Bed said:

I wonder if there's some kind of dysphoria going on -- where Gwen sees 30 extra pounds that aren't there. The kind of dysphoria that ties in with an eating disorder. (I'm not a medical professional, just an almost-librarian.)

Note: I'm not excusing any of Gwen's behavior or the abusive environment she controls, but this inconsistency could be mostly from Gwen's brain.

I’m reminded of a  “diet doctor” who mentioned weight control and exercise classes run by “thin normalweights who used to be normal normalweights who thought they were fat.” I know a couple of women who referred to themselves as “huge” when they weighed 120 pounds.

Did anyone else look at the Remnant Wedding posts? Front and center on each page is its “color scheme.” All of the color schemes seem to be neutral pastels, like beiges and grays. Makes me wonder whether those are Gwen’s favorite colors and thus the only ones permitted.

6 hours ago, Walking Cat Bed said:

I am not a medical professional, just an actual librarian and I agree with you

8 hours ago, WorseThan1Thinks said:

This fact hasn't really been empathasized enough about Remnant.  Gwen sincerely believes she has it right and ALL other churches are counterfeit.  Gwen somehow has become a master theologeon that surpasses all others that have spent their lives studying Christian theology.  She literally mocks Billy Graham and others. Every other Christian leader is wrong.  They all interprete the Bible wrong, but she (a registered dietician) understands the Bible correctly.  And her members are convinced God speaks through her and is a prophet.  

Among so many other things that says about Gwen, at the least, it's the epitome of egototisical.  And all while she somehow gets to claim, and her members claim, herself as humble.

The typical Remnant member whole-heartedly thinks Remnant is the ONE true church.  The others are counterfeit.  And if one really believes that, it is very powerful and Gwen becomes very powerful.  And this part of how cults work.

The thing is in my opinion, if she feels she's so right, why aren't they trying to convince everyone else to save them? They stay so closed off but if their hearts were right they'd be concerned about spreading the "truth" like the jehovahs witnesses and not just bashing all the counterfeit ones. 

9 hours ago, Florita said:

Well according to them, I'm going to hell and Gwen is going to hell just because she a bad person. I look forward to beating the crap out of her everyday in hell then. 

37 minutes ago, SJWaterford said:

The thing is in my opinion, if she feels she's so right, why aren't they trying to convince everyone else to save them? They stay so closed off but if their hearts were right they'd be concerned about spreading the "truth" like the jehovahs witnesses and not just bashing all the counterfeit ones. 

Well according to them, I'm going to hell and Gwen is going to hell just because she a bad person. I look forward to beating the crap out of her everyday in hell then. 

You said last week you saw Gwen at the courthouse. Can you say why she was there? Doe is involve Joe’s custody situation?

Also can Joe’s custody situation be resolved by the time they marry?

I wonder how Elizabeth/Michael will take to getting a “little sister” who is the same age as their daughters? I also Would think they’ve got to be concerned about their inheritance with another guy in the picture. 

Could we see Gwen changing her name or no?

15 hours ago, Soulhuntress said:

Sooooo was Gwen the popular girl or never in a sorority and bitter as hell about it (which explains the outfits, the weave and all that hot mess).  This is creepy for 13 year olds on soo soo many levels.

So you have to be officially accepted into the youth group?  That’s just messed up(in every church I’ve been to that had a youth group, all you had to do was show up).

They don’t seem that evangelical to me as in, they aren’t going out and trying to recruit people into the church. For some reason, they seem to be very secretive.

Gwen proclaims only they have the truth but why aren’t they going out and sharing it? 

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived