IGNORED

Roy Moore is a *fucking child molesting loser*

AmazonGrace

The Alabama GOP's statement on the election results

https://algop.org/algop-statement-on-the-u-s-senate-election-results/

Alabama Republican Party Chairman Terry Lathan made the following statement regarding the U.S. Senate election results:

“While we are deeply disappointed in the extremely close U.S. Senate election results, with our candidate Judge Roy Moore, we respect the voting process given to us by our Founding Fathers. We are grateful to the army of Republican volunteers who sacrificed their time to help during this most important race. We are also thankful to President Trump and RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel for their support. Good conservative government and policies are always worth pursuing.”

“During this campaign, we heard Mr. Jones repeatedly say he would talk about ‘kitchen table issues’ and that he would ‘reach across the aisle’ to work with Republicans. While these issues weren’t discussed and no other Democratic Senator has worked with the Republicans, all eyes will be on his votes. Alabamians will watch the issues he will support or try to stop. We will hold him accountable for his votes.”

“Sixty percent of all partisan elected officials in our state are Republicans. We expect a strong slate of Republican candidates in 2018 as we continue to grow our base.”

“Alabamians are conservative and have no intentions of moving toward the policies of the Democrat Party. If Mr. Jones aligns himself with the liberal Democrats in Washington, Alabama voters will remember his choices in the 2020 U.S. Senate election.”

“Now that this race has ended, may this holiday season of peace, love and hope resonate with everyone, regardless of one’s political affiliation.”

Condensed version:  Doug Jones may live in Alabama, but He's Not One Of Us.

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, JMarie said:

Jones is up by 1.5%, too high to trigger a recount.  

Oh, Moore can demand a recount no matter what, but if it is over .5%, he would have to pay. So, in other words, not happening.

And, going along with @AmazonGrace's posting, I saw this one:

20171213_george1.PNG

1 minute ago, Rachel333 said:

Awwww. Well, bless your heart, sweetums, for being so butthurt. 

2 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

God did answer Roy Moore. God's answer? GET OFF MY LAWN.

Sending big hugs to all throughout the world who watched and waited with bated breath to see who would win this special election.  Thank you all so very much for your support, you don't know how much it means to us.

We are not Donald Trump.  We are not Roy Moore.  We are people who care about other people, no matter their race, religion, sexual orientation or anything else the far righties try to use to divide us.

Thank you, from the bottom of our hearts, thank you.

I mean, I would feel pretty comfortable telling God that I didn’t support a sexual predator, but YMMV, Jerry. 

When I went to bed last night I did my nightly prayers and ended it with "thanks for doug jones winning and may Roy Moore go to hell that pos"

It felt good :).

Yes, a big shoutout to @RosyDaisy and everyone in AL who voted for Jones -- not only did you make the better choice for AL but you've given the rest of us HOPE, something that's been sorely lacking this past year.

Oh, and a sincere thank you to those in AL who wrote in another name. We may not agree at all politically but I can respect someone who does the right thing, nonetheless.

31 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

When I went to bed last night I did my nightly prayers and ended it with "thanks for doug jones winning and may Roy Moore go to hell that pos"

It felt good :).

I'm also thinking about the souls and families of the four little girls. Girls who never got the chance to grow up. Fall in love, don their caps and gowns and walk tall with pride at college graduations. Laugh, cry and over all just LIVE. I also wish peace to the families.

Doug Jones's victory gives me hope on another level, too. I know many people did not feel that Hillary Clinton was a strong enough candidate in the last election. As I've said before, when you've been on the losing end of the last few state and national elections, the pool from which you can draw for strong leadership positions is diminished. Through the wins in Virginia and now this one in Alabama, potentially great candidates for higher office are now learning the skills they need to rise through the offices. One lesson that I hope we learn from Trump is never to elect another with no political or even good military service (thinking of Eisenhower).

It gives me hope, too. In less than eleven months, there will be another election, and the entire House of Representatives will be up for reelection, as well as 1/3 of the Senate.  Stay tuned for the onslaught of campaign commercials, coming to a television near you!

15 hours ago, Destiny said:

He has been for a while because Flake doesn't kiss his orange ass. Good for him for being a Republican with some decency, I guess?

And yet I fear he will vote for Trump's tax bill

5 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I found an article that broke down the demographics and how they voted. 63% of white women voted for Moore, while 34% voted for Jones (2% did write-ins.) 52% of white women who went to college voted for Moore (45% for Jones) and 73% of white female non-college grads voted for Moore (25% for Jones.)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2017/politics/alabama-exit-polls/?utm_term=.13bd9c874c72

53% of white women in the US voted for Trump - 45% of white female college grads voted for him and 62% of white female non-college grads voted for him. I can’t find a breakdown by sex or gender for Alabama during 2016, but I imagine it might be a higher percentage than the national average considering Trump swept 62.7% of the general election there (as opposed to Doug Jones winning by a bit more than a percentage point.)

I think a comparison between Alabama voters in 2016 and 2017 would be far more accurate than comparing to the US in general though. 

Sorry for the confusion! I was attempting to compare the percentage of white women in Alabama who voted for Moore to the percentage of American white women who voted for Trump. It just drives me nuts that after all of the garbage we've seen this past year, the percentage of white women who still happily eat bullshit sandwiches hasn't plummeted. :roll:

As always, I'm not picking on Alabama. This whole shitshow could have easily happened here in Texas, and I hated seeing good and decent Alabamians getting lumped in with the Moore supporters. As a native Texan, I know what that's like, and that's one of the reasons why I list my region on my posts. My hope is that when the nutters in my state start squawking, people will think about the Texans they know online and realize that we're not all batshit crazy loons. :pray:

Okay, I am batshit crazy, but I'm the fun kind! :kitty-wink:

Congratulations again to Alabama, and especially to the black voters who are America's heroes today. Thank you! 

And yet I fear he will vote for Trump's tax bill

I did say some decency, not actually decent, right? LOL.

2 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

I couldn't figure out why my brain kept churning this over, and then it hit me:

:pb_lol:

Okay wait. Let me just get this straight. Republican Jesus forgives child molesters and rapists, but there is no possible forgiveness for voting against Moore?

1 hour ago, Cartmann99 said:

Sorry for the confusion! I was attempting to compare the percentage of white women in Alabama who voted for Moore to the percentage of American white women who voted for Trump. It just drives me nuts that after all of the garbage we've seen this past year, the percentage of white women who still happily eat bullshit sandwiches hasn't plummeted. :roll:

As always, I'm not picking on Alabama. This whole shitshow could have easily happened here in Texas, and I hated seeing good and decent Alabamians getting lumped in with the Moore supporters. As a native Texan, I know what that's like, and that's one of the reasons why I list my region on my posts. My hope is that when the nutters in my state start squawking, people will think about the Texans they know online and realize that we're not all batshit crazy loons. :pray:

Okay, I am batshit crazy, but I'm the fun kind! :kitty-wink:

Congratulations again to Alabama, and especially to the black voters who are America's heroes today. Thank you! 

I completely understand -- no generalizations here.

And FTR - I am an old white woman - (Ohioan) - I would describe myself as a moderate and an Independent - and I voted Hillary. My husband is an old white man - and he voted Hillary (He said he wouldn't vote for an idiot).

And I have a significant number of other "old white women" friends - and none of us voted Trump. Maybe my circle of friends is skewed, but...

BTW - My adult daughters tell me I am a liberal feminist (gasp!) LOL

Anyway - I guess my point is that demographic generalizations may be useful, but only go so far. And every vote does count.

7 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

JFC, when Roy Moore gets a Twitter smackdown from Mike Fuckabee, it's OVER:

Wow, just wow. Considering the source here makes this VERY remarkable. Wouldn't have expected Huckabee to be the voice of reason (understatement!)

25 minutes ago, apple1 said:

Wow, just wow. Considering the source here makes this VERY remarkable. Wouldn't have expected Huckabee to be the voice of reason (understatement!)

How is Sarah going to spin this?

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived