IGNORED

Safe at Home (Arndts) 3: No penguins were harmed in the making of this thread

samurai_sarah

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

John Christopher and Ebisaleth?! Hahahaha! That’s so fundie.

There has to be a fundie named John -Christopher. There’s John-Clay Burnett and John-David Duggar. There must be a John-Christopher!

I couldn't find a John-Christopher. In fact, we only have six or seven Christophers listed (including first and middle names)

1. Christopher Lloyd Maxwell
  2. His son Joshua Christopher Maxwell
  3. Chelsie Gilligan's first is Nolan Christopher
  4. Darby (Sproul) Stouffer's first was Christopher Michael
  5. Christopher Rogers is the husband of Courtney (Sweet Tea and Buttermilk)
  6. The Wilkes family has a son Mark Christopher
  7. The Wilkes father is listed as Mark C. which I suspect is also Mark Christopher

I'm not sure I saw this on here before...the Arndts lost "Wilbur" late last year. I'm surprised they didn't post on their fan team fb page, but maybe it was recovered. I can't judge them on naming the drone - I give silly names to certain things I own :my_blush: 

https://www.google.com/amp/www.the-leader.com/news/20171104/drone-lost-during-filming-on-keuka-lake%3ftemplate=ampart 

Shocking though still no distributor for VV (as of the date of the article)....

2 hours ago, Suz8710 said:

I'm not sure I saw this on here before...the Arndts lost "Wilbur" late last year. I'm surprised they didn't post on their fan team fb page, but maybe it was recovered. I can't judge them on naming the drone - I give silly names to certain things I own :my_blush: 

https://www.google.com/amp/www.the-leader.com/news/20171104/drone-lost-during-filming-on-keuka-lake%3ftemplate=ampart 

Shocking though still no distributor for VV (as of the date of the article)....

I'm just finding it bizarre that this was newsworthy (not to us of course ;) ), that they refer to themselves as "TV producers", and they bring up the fact that they were featured on one show on one season on TLC how many years ago?

On 5/14/2018 at 12:58 PM, Suz8710 said:

I'm not sure I saw this on here before...the Arndts lost "Wilbur" late last year. I'm surprised they didn't post on their fan team fb page, but maybe it was recovered. 

"The project being filmed, which doesn’t yet have a distributor, is tentatively titled “Vine Valley.”

Tentatively???   You've been calling it "Vine Valley" for at least a decade.  Do not toy with us like this, FamTeam!

Interesting that this little calamity with *Wilbur the Drone didn't get reported by Arndts anywhere.  More proof that Rick will not allow any bad/sad/negative news to be addressed in public?  Shiny, happy, perfection only. 

*I'm guessing Wilbur is the drone that almost crashed into the house the day of the stuffed penguin drop?  The drone escaped before the sons did.  Sad!

I wonder how much fam dama there was around the terminal crash of Wilbur.  There was high anxiety about Wilbur's close call during the penguin drop; it seemed to me to be more anxiety than was necessary -- actually no anxiety was necessary, which should tell you something about their family dynamics.  

23 hours ago, Howl said:

I wonder how much fam dama there was around the terminal crash of Wilbur.  There was high anxiety about Wilbur's close call during the penguin drop; it seemed to me to be more anxiety than was necessary -- actually no anxiety was necessary, which should tell you something about their family dynamics.  

I bet there was much lamenting over the loss of Wilbur.  Rather than realizing maybe Wilbur's demise was met by mechanical failure or someone, oops, pushing the wrong button sending Wilbur off in the wrong direction (better luck with the next drone).

I suspect it doesn't take much to upset things in the Arndt household.

11 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

I suspect it doesn't take much to upset things in the Arndt household.

Right. Which is why their umpteen male kidults go to extreme lengths, like avoiding marriage, to keep things on an even keel. 

17 minutes ago, Howl said:

Right. Which is why their umpteen male kidults go to extreme lengths, like avoiding marriage, to keep things on an even keel. 

Make me wonder just how much Rick and Cathy instilled the fear of "upsetting the family/Mom and Dad" to the point that the kidults avoid actually living their own lives.

2 hours ago, nokidsmom said:

I bet there was much lamenting over the loss of Wilbur. 

I'd be lamenting the loss of Wilbur, too. Drones aren't cheap. And I'm sure that they are vital for the filming of Vine Valley. Why, the loss of a drone might even set back the production of VV. Can't have that! I'm sure things are clicking right along and their movie will be done in 12-15 years, tops!

My "glass half full" attitude toward life is slowly getting killed by this thread. Every time I see it pop up with a new comment, hope springs eternal that one of the man-boys has finally met that special someone. But alas, I turn away from my computer, sad and dejected. 

:PLEURE:

VV cannot be put off any longer! How can we live without that masterpiece! :P

13 hours ago, FaithAndReason said:

My "glass half full" attitude toward life is slowly getting killed by this thread. Every time I see it pop up with a new comment, hope springs eternal that one of the man-boys has finally met that special someone. But alas, I turn away from my computer, sad and dejected. 

:PLEURE:

No, sadly, the Arndt men are living in a stasis chamber, as science fiction novels have people sleeping in for long space flights. The people in novels usually wake up when close to their destination, but I don't see the Arndt offspring ever waking up.

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 8:22 AM, Audrey2 said:

No, sadly, the Arndt men are living in a stasis chamber, as science fiction novels have people sleeping in for long space flights. The people in novels usually wake up when close to their destination, but I don't see the Arndt offspring ever waking up.

I wonder if at this point they see no other option as more appealing than living at home with their parents and siblings. Come September there will 6 of them in their 30s, ranging from 30 to 38. In July 13 of the 14 children will be legal adults. They are used to this arrangement and it is normal for them. I've been married for nearly 40 years; I'm very happy and can't even imagine not being with my husband. It's my normal. Could it be similar for the Arndt boys? They just don't see anything else as being as great as what they have now? Of course, the question is WHY ALL OF THEM are doing this. But as Audrey2 said, I don't see any of them waking up either. But what could make them all forego spouses and children of their own? I don't think we will ever really know the truth.

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 4:00 PM, Letgo said:

I've been married for nearly 40 years; I'm very happy and can't even imagine not being with my husband. It's my normal. Could it be similar for the Arndt boys? They just don't see anything else as being as great as what they have now? Of course, the question is WHY ALL OF THEM are doing this. But as Audrey2 said, I don't see any of them waking up either. But what could make them all forego spouses and children of their own? 

It's not just spouses and children. It's about having your own life separate and apart from the family you were raised in.  It is normal for most young people to want independence from parents - even the less controlling ones.  Rick has a vice grip on these adults.  I can therefore only include that they are being controlled by fear.  Fear of the outside world, because most people are "bad"?  Fear of losing siblings who double as best friends? Fear of leaving the household financially underfunded (since Dad has been living off his sons for a long time now)?  All of the above in some combination?  But you are right, there is no way all of these aging adults are happy with the situation.  One or two?  Maybe.  All of them? Not possible. 

Rick has stolen their youth. There are so many things they could have done with their lives, so many experiences they could have had.  But no, they stay at the homestead, playing endless softball games and enjoying trips to the Quik-Mart for fountain sodas with Dad. 

This is interesting... We wondered a while back why some of their FB posts were getting so many likes, and it turns out that they promote them!

Why in the world would they spend money to get more likes on memes ? Is it roundabout way to market their photo business? Not to mention how strange this meme is... I didn't picture Cathy as the smacking kind. 

Screen Shot 2018-05-25 at 11.02.54 PM.png

That meme is so disturbing on it's own, it's even more so in context of the Arndts. 

Thanks for explaining @usedbicycle! I don't really understand that part of fb but it seems a strange thing to do on the FamTeam page. They don't really promote the photo business on there. 

I wonder if "Dad" pays for likes just to feed his ego. Or maybe to ensure he has the largest audience possible for the VV premiere, whenever that may be :penguin-wink:

1 hour ago, Suz8710 said:

I wonder if "Dad" pays for likes just to feed his ego. Or maybe to ensure he has the largest audience possible for the VV premiere, whenever that may be :penguin-wink:

I thought the likes came with the meme.  As in the likes from wherever they snagged the meme came with it. They have a pretty limited number of likes on their own postings. 

I've seen that meme in various places.  It's not a particularly funny/good one but perhaps one of the boys found it amusing.  The Arndts have said they not use corporal punishment, but maybe when Cathy had all those little boys she did swat/smack  them.  I could see it, especially given Rick's Biblical literal-ism. 

Semi-related to the discussion, I note that Rick is back with long rants in his Conversations With Dad. (I always think of "Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey" from SNL if anyone remembers them).   He had cut them down to a minute or two allowing only members of their Prayer Circle to hear the long versions.  Guess not too many people signed up. :cry: 

22 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

I thought the likes came with the meme.  As in the likes from wherever they snagged the meme came with it. They have a pretty limited number of likes on their own postings. 

They're not sharing content from another page so it's not possible for the likes to transfer.

They're copying the picture from somewhere and creating their own post. Then they're paying for the post to show up on random people's feeds, which is why that guy Duggy is like "Who are the Arndts and why did this pop up on my home page".

Off the we Arndt married FB page  

https://www.charismanews.com/politics/71273-urgent-prayer-alert-satanists-declare-war-against-spirit-filled-senator

Then he wonders how this happens:  

"From the beginning, I started receiving hostile e-mails, threatening messages and hate mail. I endured public ridicule by the atheist community, extreme liberals and even by organized satanic organizations."

Really.

22 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

"From the beginning, I started receiving hostile e-mails, threatening messages and hate mail. I endured public ridicule by the atheist community, extreme liberals and even by organized satanic organizations."

Seems to me someone needs to get a grip on reality...You're an asshole who doesn't think the first amendment applies to anyone but "Christians"...I hate those motherfuckers who scream about "religious freedom" when the reality is the opposite...seems to me they took the whole idea of newspeak straight out of 1984

It's a 10 Commandments dealio, so he's feeling under siege from people who don't want his religion pushed down their throats. 

And I just realized that I'm probably in the "extreme" liberal category, but of course, "those" people assume that liberalism is automatically extreme. 

3 hours ago, Howl said:

And I just realized that I'm probably in the "extreme" liberal category, but of course, "those" people assume that liberalism is automatically extreme. 

Exactly.  I don't consider myself a liberal at all.  Probably because "liberal" when I was growing up often meant "middle of the road".  (reference - Phil Ochs' "Love Me, I'm a Liberal").  But regardless, I am considerably farther to the left of where I imagine a "typical" American liberal to be.   

22 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

Exactly.  I don't consider myself a liberal at all.  Probably because "liberal" when I was growing up often meant "middle of the road".  (reference - Phil Ochs' "Love Me, I'm a Liberal").  But regardless, I am considerably farther to the left of where I imagine a "typical" American liberal to be.   

Thanks for reminding me of the wonderful Phil Ochs!!!

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived