IGNORED

Dillards 42: Tweeting to Unpopularity

Coconut Flan

He asked Boob to be his prayer partner. He could've asked anyone but he chose the rich dude in a cult with a bunch of available daughters. I'd wager he was always this way. 

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t think Derick’s tweets necessarily have anything do with Josh. My guess is something recently happened to someone he knows or he is just being his normal self. Maybe this is just who he has always been but now he doesn’t have to hide it since he now surrounded by people who agree with him He doesn’t have to worry about how his views will impact his non-existent job or social life. 

@HarleyQuinn Very true.  I suspect he was encouraged to do this by his mother.  For some reason I have a memory that she may have known the duggars prior to Jill and Derick courting

I agree, knowing that Derick sought out JB should have always been a red flag.  Then again,  he may have sought him our more at first just to find a wealthy sponsor for his Nepal visit.  For all we know,  JB may be known to sponsor young people like Derick who are informally trying to do mission work.  So Derick's first call, may have been to elicit funding. 

Hard to say.  I would love to know what, in private JB really thinks of Derick now?  He looks like hell, he is slovenly, and attracts a lot of negative attention to his daughter and the family.  I suspect this does not make JB happy.  If Jill is still daddy's favorite, I can't but wonder if JB ever has a thought of disappointment.  No doubt he lacks insight to realize he is largely responsible for this, but maybe he does.  Maybe there are times when some of his failures as a decent human being poke at his conscience a bit. 

That is what I wish for both he and Michelle; that at some point, they will gain full insight into the gravitas of their poor parenting.  I never wish harm or violence upon anyone, and I don't really wish they lose their money because their poor children have been left so limited by lack of education, work experience, work ethic and critical judgment, that they would suffer more than JB and M ever would. I just want them to have a lucid moment of realization. 

2 hours ago, socalrules said:

I don’t think Derick’s tweets necessarily have anything do with Josh. My guess is something recently happened to someone he knows or he is just being his normal self. Maybe this is just who he has always been but now he doesn’t have to hide it since he now surrounded by people who agree with him He doesn’t have to worry about how his views will impact his non-existent job or social life. 

maybe he is referring to that congressman, who pressured his mistress to get an abortion?

5 hours ago, cascarones said:

His tweets are pretty baffling, masturbation, forbidden women, ice cream cones, adultery, retweets of inflammatory very far right political beliefs, what you see versus facts. Presumably, there's some underlying reason why he keeps tweeting, especially on topics he knows he'll get little to no positive response and have Josh thrown in his face.{snip}

You've hit on why I joked that someone must have dropped him on his head as a baby.  His tweets don't make a lot of sense. He's all over the place. He seems lost.  

Derick liked a tweet where someone said “Why is Derick a hypocrite cuz Josh committed adultery? Maybe he loathes him. You don’t know. Serious question.” Interesting! Wonder how he really does feel about Josh.

Speculation is very tempting here. So I’ll add mine. 

The tweet is not about Josh. Derick does not seem to have the intention to at this stage actively and publicly call to mind and reflect on Josh’s actions and I doubt he realizes they are still foremost in everyone’s mind.

Josh is restored. There has probably been some family apology meeting. He and Anna are reconciled. The bandaid baby is here. All is well now, forgiven and maybe not forgotten but pushed back in the closet. There is a strong monetary argument for moral amnesia in this family.

I cannot imagine any Duggar from now on would voluntarily bring it up. I find it not hard to imagine that Derick tweeted this verse without even thinking of Josh. He probably thinks of another person or something he read, or just enjoys showing off his grasp on morality, think Mary Bennett.

7 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

@sansanI’m glad you’re ok and you were able to help some friends out when they needed it most. I’m so sorry you’re area was hit so hard and I hope that your efforts to rebuild your lives goes as smoothly as possible. 

I agree we go a bit overboard on speculation at times. However, Derick has given us no reason to trust him. I’m very hesitant to give him the benefit of the doubt when his entire experience in CA appears to have been spent harassing Catholics because they don’t believe what he believes. 

That said, Sierra and her family traveled to Texas (I believe with their Church) in order to help and they appear to actually be helping - clearing debris and handing out bottled water and other very needed supplies. And at least two of the Bateses (Nathan and Lawson) have assisted with rescues in Houston and are now in Puerto Rico helping out as well. Not to mention that JD appears to have flown to Puerto Rico as well, though I’m not sure what may be happening with that.

I give Sierra, her family, Lawson, Nathan, and (most likely) JD (and any others who went with him) a lot of credit for showing up and doing something legitimately useful for people who need it. If it turns out that Derick was doing something equally useful then of course I’ll be happy to give him credit as well. 

We are good and just today helped my childhood bestie for 56 years get their phone service back, finally. Benefits of be married to an old phone man. Short story, my heathen husband went over to help another friend that had a house flooded because the county had to release water at a reservoir and he was fine till that happened, yikes. Anyway, my husband came in and he said he was exhausted mentally. I said, What? and he told me that there were all these church people there helping, Mormons, and a bunch of church kids from out of state. Mind you, our friend is not of the church going kind so I asked my husband how did that happen and he said beats me but man I sure needed to cuss while I was there and couldn't do it. Just so y'all will know, I kicked him in the ass.

13 minutes ago, foreign fundie said:

Speculation is very tempting here. So I’ll add mine. 

The tweet is not about Josh. Derick does not seem to have the intention to at this stage actively and publicly call to mind and reflect on Josh’s actions and I doubt he realizes they are still foremost in everyone’s mind. (snip)

If he's not aware that Josh's actions are foremost on people's minds, he's not reading responses to his tweets, which have provoked some really nasty comments about his wife and inlaws more than a few times over the last few weeks.  He's either oblivious to the feedback he's been getting, or he doesn't care that people use his tweets to slam his wife and her family.

If Derick is really pissed at Josh, then he needs to get himself, his wife, and his two sons away from the Duggar brand. He has all the tools to do it. Yet, Derick hasn't. I wonder is he pissed because Josh and Anna got the article about Mason, whereas he and Jill didn't with Samuel? Josh is an adulterer who doesn't deserve it. He and Jill are so godly but yet, people weren't that interested...

Speculation of course. Just in case the inquistor is lurking. ;) 

On 10/6/2017 at 7:11 PM, EmmieJ said:

Agreed.  My son is active duty.  He will no doubt get USAA when he buys a car, but as his parent I don't qualify.  

are you sure? I just got it this year through my grandfather who served in the Korean War and neither of my parents served so if I qualify a full generation removed, I do not see how parents of active duty military do not qualify? Now, I see on their website the "Who we serve" does not list parents, but it doesn't list granddaughters either so I'd call someone. 

You may very well be correct, but I'd look into it harder if it's something you are interested in. 

11 minutes ago, Casserole said:

are you sure? I just got it this year through my grandfather who served in the Korean War and neither of my parents served so if I qualify a full generation removed, I do not see how parents of active duty military do not qualify? Now, I see on their website the "Who we serve" does not list parents, but it doesn't list granddaughters either so I'd call someone. 

You may very well be correct, but I'd look into it harder if it's something you are interested in. 

https://communities.usaa.com/t5/Auto-and-Property-Insurance/Are-parents-eligible-for-usaa/td-p/97255

Parents do not qualify as far as I know. 

675D1274-8563-4047-87E6-485D33C6B07A.thumb.png.bc641e08e9d3d172faa1ffb85ee85ab6.png

Once a soldier or veteran is insured through USAA, they can pass it down to future generations - meaning my father passed eligibility down to me and my siblings and we will pass it to our children (whichever are interested.)

2 hours ago, calimojo said:

maybe he is referring to that congressman, who pressured his mistress to get an abortion?

I agree with this! After Derek posted his pro birth message many people asked about how he felt about Tim Murphy. From twitter alone, Derek’s logic and rebuttals are often vieled and delayed. Like when he was posting “if I listened to my 2 year old” he was attempting to discredit children who identify with another gender and parents who “give and fuel” that behavior. This is his response about Mr. Murphy. Adultery is bad and don’t be tempted by those slutty women. 

Derek thinks he’s being clever or sly when really he has no consistency, charisma, or communication skills.

Good grief, Derick. Most people don't have to work so hard to avoid adultery. And if they're tempted, somehow I don't think a random Bible-verse-of-the-day from your Twitter account is going to stop them.

I don't recall any text-speak in the KJV, but it's cracking me up and may also be a brilliant idea for a new version of the Bible, maybe written entirely in text speak and emojis. 

10 minutes ago, Evangeline said:

I don't recall any text-speak in the KJV, but it's cracking me up and may also be a brilliant idea for a new version of the Bible, maybe written entirely in text speak and emojis. 

Ask and you shall receive:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/technology/2016/may/30/emoji-bible-arrived-god-king-james

@Evangeline,  there already is the LOLcat Bible:

LOLcat Bible

You suggestion of a Bible entirely in text speak and emojis might be the only kind of Bible that the Great Orange Menace aka Voldemort aka Sauron aka Drumpf could understand.

Thanks to those who checked re getting coverage with USAA.   My dad served in the Army, in the Korean War.  Maybe I could qualify that way.

As to Derick and his stupid tweets, I say:  He who tweeteth mangled bible verses but does little else, and is married with wife and children, should put his hands  to honest toil that brings in an income for said family.  You lazy ass.

44 minutes ago, llg1234 said:

Derick's still going on about adultery 

ETA, I don't speak Bible, can someone translate exactly what is being said here? :my_huh:

Yes, I am asking also,  WTF is this supposed to mean?  I am fairly bible literate, but this is mish mash

2 minutes ago, EmmieJ said:

You lazy ass.

I figured it out. Finally.

The jacked-up "jawbone of an ass."

Yes, I'll see myself to the prayer closet.

13 minutes ago, calimojo said:

Yes, I am asking also,  WTF is this supposed to mean?  I am fairly bible literate, but this is mish mash

It's Proverbs 7:4-5

"Say to wisdom, "You are my sister," and to insight, "You are my relative."They will keep you from the adulterous woman, from the wayward woman with her seductive words."

3 minutes ago, maggiemouse said:

It's Proverbs 7:4-5

"Say to wisdom, "You are my sister," and to insight, "You are my relative."They will keep you from the adulterous woman, from the wayward woman with her seductive words."

Hmmm. Wonder if Scandal #2349283562364 is about to hit the Duggars? 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived