IGNORED

Dillards 42: Tweeting to Unpopularity

Coconut Flan

Gosh I hate the words that come out of his mouth/keyboard. Stahp Dewreck please before you drag my religion down even further than you already have. 

I want him to just cross that line in the sand where cross church (finally) realizes what a liability he is. 

As far as the rest of the Duggars go I'm starting to question if they even notice or care. Actually I kind of wonder how much interaction Dwreck even has with the rest of the adult Duggars other than through Samuel and Izzy...

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

You think he would make a sticky like "here's how you can support Puerto Rico right now". But that is too genuine and nice for Dwreck. He only knows how to be an ass.

He's probably one of those who doesn't know Puerto Ricans are also Americans.  But regardless, he's shown that the only things Spanish-speaking people need are converting to his brand of Jesus.

Back when I went to church I remember something the pastor said about being hated as a Christian. Basically that if you are truly living your life for Jesus and are actively trying to spread the word than you will be hated. I think he used a verse that said something about chrisitians being of the world but not in it. So those who truly follow the religion are destined to be outsiders, misunderstood and despised by those who don't believe. I really didn't think much of it then but now I see it as a set up for the persecution complex. 

9 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

People that use that one narrative from that one person of race (in dwreck's case, a black woman) and deem it as representative KILLS me as a black woman.

Kills me as a white woman who's been woke, too.  We all know how "unbiased" and "factual" the Fox News narratives can be. 

Also, a piece on Fox and Friends being held up to show the "black experience" in America?  Honestly, I'd think it was some sort of ironic joke, it's so ridiculous.  

Derick looks like he's really going downhill.  He's become physically horrifying to look at (IMO).  His requests for money during others' hardship has gotten to the point of parasitic.  He has two other handsome and charming brothers-in-law who are upstaging him in every way.  He doesn't seem to be reacting well to becoming Josh Lite, and he seems to be overvaluing his involvement in the Duggar brand.  If he keeps this nonsense up, he's going to have difficulty supporting himself as the third-tier Duggar.  

1 hour ago, acheronbeach said:

If he keeps this nonsense up, he's going to have difficulty supporting himself as the third-tier Duggar.  

I agree.  IMO, he has had little to no success playing at holy man, likewise grifting, and I doubt WM would take him back if he actually decided he wanted to work for $$s again (and Jill let him).  So now he's pestering college kids.  I don't anticipate anything substantially better for him after that; however, he promised JB that he wouldn't go into debt.  A dilemma.

1 hour ago, acheronbeach said:

He has two other handsome and charming brothers-in-law who are upstaging him in every way. 

Agree with everything you said, but in particular I have noticed this too. Jeremy & Ben's social media, at least lately, makes them look like total class acts compared to Derick.

It's not just Jeremy and Ben's content, it's their whole package.  People like to follow the content of other people who look good and have it together.  Jessa and Ben are an objectively beautiful couple who come across as having a life they enjoy, with charming children and relatively inoffensive and attractive content.  Same for Jeremy and Jinger.  They've become incredibly stylish hipstervangelicals who seem to be enjoying God's blessings.  I think both couples are incredibly marketable.  

By contrast, Derick doesn't conform to ideals we usually view as physically appealing.  Neither he nor Jill look like they put much effort into their appearance or grooming (sorry, especially him).  Israel has weirdly inexplicable bruises.  They don't look happy.  Derick comes across as angry, defensive and miserable.  There's not much room in the market for a Pissing Preacher Lite.  

7 minutes ago, acheronbeach said:

It's not just Jeremy and Ben's content, it's their whole package.  People like to follow the content of other people who look good and have it together.  Jessa and Ben are an objectively beautiful couple who come across as having a life they enjoy, with charming children and relatively inoffensive and attractive content.  Same for Jeremy and Jinger.  They've become incredibly stylish hipstervangelicals who seem to be enjoying God's blessings.  I think both couples are incredibly marketable.  

By contrast, Derick doesn't conform to ideals we usually view as physically appealing.  Neither he nor Jill look like they put much effort into their appearance or grooming (sorry, especially him).  Israel has weirdly inexplicable bruises.  They don't look happy.  Derick comes across as angry, defensive and miserable.  There's not much room in the market for a Pissing Preacher Lite.  

I agree 100% with this. This also prompted me to consider his relationship with his brother, Dan.  He and Deena seem very happy, enjoying life, and not so serious and preachy 24/7. I wonder who is the favorite in Cathy's eyes, even if she has never come out and said, I'm sure it's there, in the back of her mind. She only has two sons, and when you contrast them now....it's actually shocking. Dan may have the same ridiculous and awful beliefs as his brother and mother, but he doesn't seem in a rush to have eleventy!!!11!! babies with Deena, they have been on several vacations together as a married couple, and they overall just seem HAPPY!
Something I think we can all agree, Jill and Derick are not. I wonder what Dan and Derick's relationship is really like, we haven't seen much, but they seem to be less close as when they were younger, and all we have is that footage from Counting On when Dan and Deena went over to the Mansion for dinner and Jill and Derick were telling them about going back to Central America, and Dan was like......"uhhhh great...." and Deena just had a face on like she wanted to get out of there.

Maybe someone who is better at embedding stuff on here than me could find it. I know we don't see much, but the vibe I get from Dan and Deena, is completely the exact OPPOSITE that I get from Jill and Derick.

34 minutes ago, acheronbeach said:

There's not much room in the market for a Pissing Preacher Lite.  

Ugh, please don't say this, he might read it and see it as a challenge to go full on PP.

Did anyone notice we didn't get 2 month pics of Samuel?

If they choose not to disclose what's going on I support them, but something is definitely definitely up.

I know there will be people saying we're just needlessly speculating but I'm sorry the way they have dealt with Samuel post-birth is really bizarre to me. All these fundies LOVE babies and post obsessively about them (disregarding the older children often). It's really out of the ordinary for Jill. Regardless of PPD or whatever else Jill was feeling with Israel, we saw tons of photos from her, and from Derrick. And from other family members as well. It's as if Samuel doesn't even exist. Then again they are not posting anything about Izzy either, not really, the stuff we're seeing seems to be coming mostly from Jessa.

6 minutes ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

Probably some good replies to this tweet! What is the original context of this Proverb anyway?

The two paragraphs surrounding it:

27 Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due,
    when it is in your power to act.
28 Do not say to your neighbor,
    “Come back tomorrow and I’ll give it to you”—
    when you already have it with you.
29 Do not plot harm against your neighbor,
    who lives trustfully near you.
30 Do not accuse anyone for no reason—
    when they have done you no harm.

31 Do not envy the violent
    or choose any of their ways.

32 For the Lord detests the perverse
    but takes the upright into his confidence.
33 The Lord’s curse is on the house of the wicked,
    but he blesses the home of the righteous.
34 He mocks proud mockers
    but shows favor to the humble and oppressed.
35 The wise inherit honor,
    but fools get only shame.

That proverb is interesting considering dWRECK looks like the type that would probably lose his shit and hit someone/something. 

@acheronbeachI'm almost positive Jill explained that Izzy's under eye bruises are caused by allergies in the comments of an Instagram post once. And before anyone jumps in and claims that's not possible - it is, we had a massive debate about it, and many posters here shared personal stories that back Jill's claim up.

On 2017-10-01 at 4:10 AM, JesusCampSongs said:

The same is true of the local megachurches where I live now; they still hold pretty fucked up views, but they keep it pretty quiet and are not confrontational with anyone outside of the church because they don't want to alienate prospective converts.

Italics mine. I really don't advocate spreading hate and intolerance, but churches pretending to be tolerant when in reality they are not seems pretty dishonest, like they are trying to trick you to join. I know that's the case with the British Jesus Army, whose web page says "we welcome ALL, gay or straight, transgender" etc, but they see same sex relationships as wrong since the only moral relationships according to them are the ones resluting in marriage. And since they are against same sex marriage, being gay within their church is basically getting sentensed with a lifetime of celibacy. Oh, and they also try exorcising the gay out of people. So much for welcoming us...

The illusion of tolerance is really the worst.

I swear someone dropped Derick on his head as a baby.  The boy ain't right.  Today he re-tweeted Barack Obama's condolences & prayers for the folks in Las Vegas.  Is he trying to prove he isn't  joined at the hip to Republican Jesus?   It's like he's saying "See, I'm open-minded, I can even support the sentiments of a former president who happens to be a secret Muslim--even when I don't agree with anything else he has to say."   

I think some churches are smart enough to know that certain controversial topics are best not talked about and leave it at that. And I think most have a good sense to keep their crazy to themselves  (looking at you Dewreck) and while I don't agree with false advertising  (like what @Queen mentioned) I think there's value to be had in tempering down your message a bit in public. Save the fire and brimstone for the sermons. 

The Duggars et. al are really on a roll with the whole anti-choice bs this week.

Also, Becky is all up in the comments in this post, smh

On 10/2/2017 at 2:11 PM, Dandruff said:

I doubt WM would take him back if he actually decided he wanted to work for $$s again (and Jill let him). 

Yeah, Derick's Walmart career lasted what - a year? No way they'd take him back especially now that he's gone off the rails with his very public social media accounts. 

And it's funny how much your perception of a guy's attractiveness can change so much once you get to know his personality. Before Derick revealed his true nature, I personally might have picked him as a better "physical match" for me than Ben or Jeremy. I like lanky guys, and Derick appeared kind of sweet and dorky which seemed like a nice combo. Been seemed too boyish and a little light between the ears (my opinion on this has changed), and Jeremy was too buff and image-conscious for my tastes. 

But now I look at Derick and recoil in disgust. And I feel kind of bad for having written Ben off as a dumb jock type back in the day. 

1 hour ago, llg1234 said:

The Duggars et. al are really on a roll with the whole anti-choice bs this week.

Also, Becky is all up in the comments in this post, smh

Who’s Becky?

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived