IGNORED

Lori Alexander 30: Bad Speller, Worse Teacher, the Worst Mentor

laPapessaGiovanna

9 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Exactly, they could have fixed the car and then Ken could have driven out with her and flown back to California. 

I've been too embarrassed to mention that we own a Mercedes very similar to Lori's. If it's anything like ours, it is not a good choice for a young person out on their own for the first time unless they were very mechanically inclined. Our vehicle was well maintained when we purchased it but its age means constant upkeep and small repairs. Mr. Nova is a mechanic and it would nickel and dime us to death if he couldn't do the work himself. And Lori is not wrong for once, these cars are ridiculously slow and have trouble on virtually any incline. In their favor they are excellent on fuel which is why we have it.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Mercedes wasn't a good option they could have BOUGHT her a reliable car---I'm pretty sure they could have managed the expense, as well as the expense of someone going with her (or making an earlier trip) to be sure she found a safe, decent place to live.  Even parents who don't think public schools are the road to hell would be concerned about their sheltered 18-year-old daughter flying off alone to New Orleans.  Something doesn't add up there.

(On the other hand, they are both self-absorbed twits who believe whatever validates their inclinations and Ken is super-duper busy and Lori is Lori---so maybe helping their daughter just was too expensive/inconvenient. I'm sure they could come up with some way to justify it in their minds, and never notice they were contradicting themselves.)

Idk. If you're a girl you are pretty low on the totem pole in fundie families. My parents never bought or helped buy any of the kids cars. My brother bought both his trucks because he had a job and credit. Me... both mine were old charity cars given to me (my dad actually asked for help in a prayer meeting. :-/) my sister shared mine and to this day (she's 28) she has never had her own car  

She has a man guest posting today on her blog.  Ryan Liberty (whoever that is).

He says:

Subjection is a blessing for women. 

Women need a protector. 

Where did she find this guy??  I've never noticed him commenting on her blog...

Shut the fuck up, Ryan. I don't need "protecting." My husband says I'm a small badasss  

I am so grateful for my husband and his love, care, help and in some situations "protective eye." (I wish I could find a better word)  But it's mutual in our relationship. We have each other's back. And that's one of the great things about my marriage IMO. We don't have to go it alone. 

Ohai, you guys!!! Did you know Lori had a post that went VIRAL??!!!eleventy!!!!

Commenter, about two hours ago:

Lori Alexander, this post needs some comment moderation.

Lori, an hour ago:

Yes, I am trying to keep up on it but I can't perfectly since my viral post has gone viral again.

:laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

ETA: An hour ago would mean about 6:30 this morning for Lori. She's probably been up half the night frantically exercising her delete finger.:my_rolleyes:

I think her fangirls won't take to well to having male guest writers. Her blog is about older women teaching the younger. 

On protecting, I always laugh at that...the modern world is such that a lot of men are away from their homes commuting and working 12 hours a day or so. Who protects the wife then? She is home all day with small children and at her most vulnerable. 

@Loveday

Did Lori delete her own comment because this is how it looks for me.

ronda.PNG

@AlwaysDiscerning , no, it's still showing up for me, even after I left her page and then came back and refreshed it. Try refreshing, or logging out and logging back in to FB, sometimes that works for me.

Facebook IS acting a bit wonky for me right now, though, so that may be why you aren't seeing it. It's loading very slowly for me this morning. Yesterday it stopped altogether for about half an hour; apparently this was world-wide, because someone I chat with on FB in England mentioned it, too. 

1 hour ago, Koala said:

She has a man guest posting today on her blog.  Ryan Liberty (whoever that is).

Where did she find this guy??  I've never noticed him commenting on her blog...

He's on Facebook. I can't seem to post the link here, it's giving me a weird message, but just type Ryan Liberty into the FB search bar and the one that says "Ryan Liberty (Jesus Is Lord)" is the one you want. 

He seems like exactly Lori's type. :my_dodgy:

Ryan is part of the group--Prayer Warriors for the persecuted Church. YUP! Persecution fanatic like Lori.

He is in Redondo Beach, CA. More swanky CA living and very liberal. These people like Ryan and Lori wouldn't feel so persecuted if they lived in other parts of the country.

He is part of a group called "true biblical Christians" Right, they are the true ones. The remnant word Lori loves is used.

1 hour ago, Loveday said:

Ohai, you guys!!! Did you know Lori had a post that went VIRAL??!!!eleventy!!!!

Commenter, about two hours ago:

Lori, an hour ago:

:laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

ETA: An hour ago would mean about 6:30 this morning for Lori. She's probably been up half the night frantically exercising her delete finger.:my_rolleyes:

I thought that she moderated posts?  There should be no need to "keep up" with deleting them since they shouldn't have been allowed through in the first place.

I can still find no evidence that her viral post went viral again. 

@Curious, it really hasn't gone viral, she just thinks it has. I don't think she knows what viral really means. For most of us, it means a post gets shared hundreds or thousands of times, quoted and tweeted again and again, and shows up in blogs and news articles. To her, it's just a lot of people suddenly commenting on her post again.  Mostly because she linked to it herself.:laughing-rolling:

2 hours ago, EowynW said:

Shut the fuck up, Ryan. I don't need "protecting." My husband says I'm a small badasss  

I love this.  I'm raising two small badass daughters who would laugh at the idea that they need protecting. 

I should not have clicked on this man's FB page, but I did enjoy that one of his "friends" called him out on the fact that he's not married.  :pb_lol: 

Looks like the viral post has had 48+ comments and 11+ shares within the last hour and it seems as if that's drawing more attention to her more current fb posts. Her delete claw can't keep up.

If she really wanted to, she could delete the viral post from her wall and she wouldn't have to deal with it anymore. That is, if she wanted to. But Lori likes attention, especially negative attention.

Ryan is "protecting" women by not marrying and subjecting some poor woman to his protection, teaching, headship, condescension, and forced submission.

He says that a women's only true fulfillment is in being a mother.  What about women who never marry or never have children, for whatever reason?  Are they never fulfilled by anything else?  Are they doomed to wander about as lesser unfulfilled women bemoaning their lack of children?  Should they just hide themselves away or cease to exist because they are not/cannot be mothers?

This fundie fetish cult of motherhood insults and demeans every woman who is not a mother.  Which I suppose is their point.  Women aren't valuable anyway, and they have even less value if they aren't mothers.

Yep and I'm waiting for her to post a persecution post about how she is soooo attacked and belittled by all of these ungodly heathens. If only they had the right interpretation of scripture like SHE does then they would repent. But all feminists who are responsible for BPD and all other worldly sins will never repent because they want to follow their desires and be happy. Being happy isn't allowed but neither is being depressed considering she deletes suicide hotline numbers. Th sass is strong right now lol.

@Koala - thank you for your kind words.  I wrote it hoping it might sway some away from someone I think is dangerous to women.

@EowynW - my parents helped my brothers get cars when they turned 16.  They helped my older brother get a TransAm.  My younger brother got to trade in the family car to get himself a firebird.  I was not allowed to work a regular job, so I babysat and tutored in every spare minute of my time, and I scrapped together enough to buy a little Chevette off a nice older lady.  I drove that car for 7 years - I think my brother's cars lasted about 2-3.  

The best part about that was the car was MINE - so when I turned 18, it came with me when I left. (after a lot of years, my parents left that mindset too, -mainly because my at my college graduation my mom realized that she liked who I had become outside of it all - and wanted that for herself too.  She's who I think of as a real badass these days.  :-)  I tell her now that I like who she has become too.

Re: Alyssa - I really hope she has broken free.  

2 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

I think her fangirls won't take to well to having male guest writers. Her blog is about older women teaching the younger. 

On protecting, I always laugh at that...the modern world is such that a lot of men are away from their homes commuting and working 12 hours a day or so. Who protects the wife then? She is home all day with small children and at her most vulnerable. 

I've probably said it before, but it bears repeating: for all their "Support the Troops!" that they say, these fundie women couldn't last a day as military wives. We protect OURSELVES when our husbands are gone for months at a time. Gender roles go right the fuck out the window when we have to do "men's work" like mow the yard.

And horror of horrors, we actually meet people from different cultures!! We don't live our lives in an insulated bubble in SoCal. We volunteer outside of the house, and have JOBS, and make friends fast because you never know how long you're going to live in one place.

(Sorry, this kinda turned into something else. We're moving soon and I needed to let out thoughts. :)) But still, Lori Alexander is a monster and a pogue.

Well Lori has rallied the troops.  She has asked her fangirls in the chat room to help with blocking all those heathen commenters and delete comments.

Also she is soo two faced.  Always giving off about other women bible teachers and women bible study groups using their books and not just studying the bible ..    BUT IT IS OK TO HAVE A GROUP OF WOMEN STUDY CREATED TO BE A HELP MEET.  I think that is  what she uses to mentor women ugh I really can't with Lori anymore 

2 hours ago, Florita said:

Looks like the viral post has had 48+ comments and 11+ shares within the last hour and it seems as if that's drawing more attention to her more current fb posts. Her delete claw can't keep up.

I'm far too lazy to look for the post myself. Do you have the link handy?

I'm not snarking on men protecting women if need be.  I sure would hope a nice young man would step in to help my daughter if she needed it. Let's face it. There are some creeps out there.

That said, we should also teach girls to protect themselves as well.  Lori said in her post today that men are God's protection for women.  OK, cool, but who protects the women and children when the husband is off working his 110 hour weeks at his 2 and 3 jobs?

I highly recommend a book by Doug Giles called "Raising Righteous and Rowdy Girls".  

pic 2.jpg

1 hour ago, AuntKrazy said:

(after a lot of years, my parents left that mindset too, -mainly because my at my college graduation my mom realized that she liked who I had become outside of it all - and wanted that for herself too.  She's who I think of as a real badass these days.  :-)

What a heartwarming outcome. :) 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived