IGNORED

Lori Alexander 30: Bad Speller, Worse Teacher, the Worst Mentor

laPapessaGiovanna

I am able to watch my grandchildren, visit with my old and sick mother, mentor and teach younger women, and am available to do many things for others that I couldn't do if I had a job.

When, Lori? Certainly not while you spent TEN WEEKS in Door County this summer! :562479528aee8_32(4):

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, kpmom said:

Oh wow, I don't recall that.

I agree, how would she know? 

I'm just guessing of course, but Lori's kids probably do just what the rest of us have done with our parents after we became adults and didn't live with them anymore.  We only told them just so much of what went on in our lives, things that wouldn't upset them, and then went on and lived our lives the way we saw fit.

How many adults discuss every part of their lives with their parents? 

Don't forget, Alyssa had her own apartment at 18 (the dance program she was in didn't provide housing). She also traveled around the country in a co-ed dance troupe from age 18-27ish. Not saying she was/wasn't  a virgin, just saying she had plenty of opportunity. So did  Stephen, who lived in SF and Houston as a young man.

If they did have pre-marital sex, I am sure of one thing. NONE of them would tell Lori. Ever. They'd lie.

6 minutes ago, Hisey said:

Don't forget, Alyssa had her own apartment at 18 (the dance program she was in didn't provide housing).

Yep.  She posted on Instagram, that she arrived in Mississippi w/ 2 suitcases, no car (even though Lori claimed her parents gave her the infamous Gold Mercedes), and no place to live.

Spoiler

,I still remember the day when you picked me up from the Jackson Mississippi airport 15 years ago (barely 18 years old, with my two suitcases and no car or place to live). It meant the world to me then and I am so grateful for your friendship now. 

It sounds like she left without Lori's blessing, so Lori tried to make her pay by taking her car and only letting her take what she could fit in her suitcase.  Lori's mean, and I can easily see her doing something like that.

Lori has mentioned before that there was one parenting decision that she and Ken disagreed on, and I can't help but think that was it.  

Lori's lies regarding the Mercedes:

It was a gift to her daughter (2016):

The only Mercedes I drive is a 1984 diesel with over 300,000 miles that was given to my daughter years ago for her graduation present by my parents.

If it was a gift to her daughter, then why did she arrive in Mississippi with no car?  

Lori continues:

It only had over 250,000 miles when she received it, so it was probably worth a thousand dollars back then. However, some have asked us if they could buy it recently since it is almost becoming an antique. Maybe now we can get three thousand dollars for it! :)

No, "we" shouldn't get anything for it.  It should be given to Alyssa.  If she doesn't want it, it should be sold and then the funds given to her.

It was a gift to Lori and Ken (and her boys learned to drive in it...no mention of Alyssa) 2012

My mom drove it for many years and then she gave it to us.  Both my boys learned how to drive in this car and drove it for the first two years after getting their driver's licenses. 

It is a GREAT car for young boys to start off with.  

So which is it?  Was it a gift for Alyssa, that Lori (a self described "taker") kept for herself, or was it a gift to Lori and Ken?

Relevant links:

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/02/my-gold-mercedes.html

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2016/08/am-i-hypocrite.html

10 minutes ago, Koala said:

Yep.  She posted on Instagram, that she arrived in Mississippi w/ 2 suitcases, no car (even though Lori claimed her parents gave her the infamous Gold Mercedes), and no place to live.

Reveal hidden contents

It sounds like she left without Lori's blessing, so Lori tried to make her pay by taking her car and only letting her take what she could fit in her suitcase.  Lori's mean, and I can easily see her doing something like that.

Lori has mentioned before that there was one parenting decision that she and Ken disagreed on, and I can't help but think that was it.  

This just makes me so sad for Alyssa. I get the feeling she feels like she has never been good enough for Lori.  Alyssa posts a lot on Instagram about things like healing and self care. I always wonder if she is talking about more than the physical with these posts. I think she has a lot of healing to do from being raised by Ken and Lori. We've seen how cold Lori has been with regard to Alyssa's fertility issues, I can only imagine how Ken and Lori have further hurt her. They are such a cruel couple and we know their children were not off limits in their cruelty. 

Another interesting discrepancy:

Alyssa would have graduated and moved around 18.  If her grandparents gave her the car as a graduation gift, that would mean that Lori took it almost immediately.

Lori's sons learned to drive on the car (meaning it couldn't have been a gift for her youngest daughter's graduation).  It had to have been for Alyssa.  It's a shame that Lori got away with taking it, but it doesn't surprise me at all...

Another instance where Lori's parents should have stood up to her.  

Oh oh, oh oh, oh
Oh oh, oh oh, oh
Still runs good, built to last
Who owns her? It's a guess.
Depends on who you want to believe
Stories change when told by me

I said I gave it to my little girl
Took it with her to see the world
But also I said it's for the boys, for the boys

Feel like a hard-to-get starlet when I'm lying
Turning truths around, hell I ain't even trying
Got the title right here, I could sell it off
Call me old school, but hey

I'm a liar baby
In my eighties Mercedes
I'm a liar baby
In my eighties Mercedes

@Koala  I agree that Ken was probably all for Alyssa spreading her wings and joining the dance company while Lori threw an A #1 + 1000 hissy fit temper tantrum at the thought of Alyssa being out from under her control.

So Lori in her best passive-aggressive "submissive"  manner pretended to agree with Ken, but punished her daughter by taking the Mercedes and refusing to allow her more than 2 suitcases of belongings.  Because of course Lori would never agree to pay for the baggage weight overage.

I'll bet cash money she threw out everything Alyssa left behind.  Because we know how much Lori hates clutter, and anything left in Alyssa's room would be deemed cliuter.

In fairness to Lori. .. much as I hate to be fair to Lori. .. they may have decided it wasn't worth shipping the car to Mississippi. They might also understandably feel that an 18 year old is too young to drive an old car cross-country alone. As the mother of an almost-18 year old, I can certainly empathize with that feeling. They might have been told she wouldn't need a car in the program. Or perhaps they felt that the car was so old it wouldn't make the trip cross country. Lots of 18 year olds go off to college without a car, in fact some colleges won't allow freshman to have them.

If my 18-year old had to drive cross country alone for some reason, I certainly would want her to have a decent, reliable car to drive. Doesn't sound like the gold Mercedes fit that bill. If, as Lori said, the car didn't accelerate rapidly, it may not have been safe to take on a major highway.

OTOH, 18 is an adult, and if the car was really Alyssa's, she technically could've done what she liked. But it often doesn't work out that way in families. If Lori and Ken were still supporting her, they could make demands.

So I could see Alyssa leaving the car behind for her brothers. I can see Lori and Ken being glad that they didn't have to buy a car for their boys (who, as the more favored sex, deserved the car more anyway).  Maybe she was just grateful enough to be able to leave home! It does seem like they quickly "forgot" it was her car at all.

If the car couldn't make it from San Diego to MS, they certainly had the money to fix it.  I still think Lori was punishing Alyssa.  Who I also believe was beyond happy to be away from Lori.

It's interesting that Lori never speaks of seeing Alyssa dance with the company, or mentions her coning to visit them while she was with the company.  Lori also doesn't mention Stephen coming to visit while he was away.

Part 1:  I assumed that my 17-year-old daughter was a virgin because (even though I had talked about birth control with her) I had on my Catholic goggles. Hey, I was a virgin when I got married, so that should be the default, right? 

Part 2:  Lori's insistence that her kids were all premarital virgins reminds me of a letter to the editor I read back when Bill Clinton threw poor Surgeon General Joycelyn Elders under the bus for daring to suggest masturbation should be discussed in sex education classes. In the letter, an elderly woman proclaimed that HER children had never masturbated. ("Yeah, lady," I thought--"the first person I'd discuss jilling off with would be my mom.")

Part 3:  I'm convinced that Lori's fan girls fall into two categories:  women stuck at home with multiple kids, no support system, and no job skills/opportunities, trying desperately to make the most of a shitty situation--and women who are too lazy to work outside the home and justify it as "Godliness," looking down their noses at any woman who either doesn't live up to their lofty standards, or who dares outperform them in any sphere, at home or in the workforce.

2 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

If the car couldn't make it from San Diego to MS, they certainly had the money to fix it.  I still think Lori was punishing Alyssa.  Who I also believe was beyond happy to be away from Lori.

It's interesting that Lori never speaks of seeing Alyssa dance with the company, or mentions her coning to visit them while she was with the company.  Lori also doesn't mention Stephen coming to visit while he was away.

Exactly, they could have fixed the car and then Ken could have driven out with her and flown back to California. 

If God's okay with watching His only Son beaten and bloodied according to His will, then it must be Godly to beat my own children according to mine! Amen!

A commentator called Ben on Treating Children as Idols post on FB.

I'm hoping it's satire.

eta..it's been deleted

2 minutes ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

A commentator called Ben on Treating Children as Idols post on FB.

I'm hoping it's satire.

Yeah, me too. You never know with most of the men who comment on Lori's posts, though (or the women, for that matter :my_confused: ).

46 minutes ago, EowynW said:

But no place to live? That seems harsh. I'd have tried to fly out with my daughter and apartment scout or something. 

That part makes no sense at all. Of course, I would fly out, too. My own daughter  is fiercely independent, but I think even she would agree she knows nothing about renting a place.

28 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Exactly, they could have fixed the car and then Ken could have driven out with her and flown back to California. 

That would have been the normal way to do it. 

The reason I can't see Lori punishing Alyssa is that I can't imagine Ken allowing it. What kind of man allows his young adult daughter to leave home without all she needs for safety and success? Maybe I'm wrong and he could do that.

Perhaps the issue of her moving away caused so much conflict and turmoil that she just left abruptly, without anybody thinking through what she'd need. Because I can see Lori being really upset at Alyssa leaving home, moving across the country, getting her own place, etc. It's so unsubmissive, so independent. If she had stayed at home, she could easily have found a godly man to marry her and start making babies!

On the other hand, what would she have done till then? while they were willing to spend the money to send their sons through BIOLA, it's not clear they would've done that for Alyssa. They chose to pull Cassi out after a year, due to the expense.

1 hour ago, EowynW said:

But no place to live? That seems harsh. I'd have tried to fly out with my daughter and apartment scout or something. 

That's because you're a caring human being, and a far bether person than Lori has ever been. 

13 minutes ago, EowynW said:

I'm still so sad I missed the time Lori went off her rocker and replied to the amazon reviewers. damn it. 

I don't have the screenshots from all that but there are probably quotes from it all on FJ thread that covered only her book. 

You'll be interested to read this whole saga

https://thingsgodlywomensay.tumblr.com/post/162441514679/when-lori-alexander-transformed-wife-tried-to

BTW started an fb page to accompany by tumblr

https://www.facebook.com/Things-Godly-Women-Say-369535266810275/

I bet Lori would blame the wife for this 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4926812/The-words-estranged-wife-ex-husband-gunned-her.html

Spencer and Meredith were married in 2011, and at first things were great, until he lost his job in 2015 and developed a drinking problem, according to the Dallas News. 

Meredith's mother Debbie said that he lost his job doing contract work for Texas Instruments in 2015, around the same time the couple bought their first home.

Initially Meredith was said to be supportive, but eventually she started hounding him for not helping out with the mortgage. 

She filed for divorce citing 'discord or conflict of personalities,' in July. 

She should have won him over to get a job without a word and use her sweet submission to work magic. Nevermind that guy has a drinking problem and a love of weapons as the article goes on to say.  I wouldn't put it past Lori to cover a post like this someday where she blames a murdered woman for her own death. 

I'm just going to throw a different spin than on things regarding Alyssa going away to dance for Jesus. 

Spoiler

Maybe Lori is the one who wanted her to go. She has mentioned before that she had a very contentious relationship with one of her daughters. We all know she favors her sons and there has been some discussion that she was jealous of her daughters and daughters-in-law (or did I dream that part??) Regardless, Lori didn't have much interest in any of her kids.  By this time she would have been ill and always tired.  Maybe she jumped at the chance to have one leave the house.  

I can really see Lori "approving" of Alyssa's choice while Ken might have wanted her to stay closer to home for another year or two. 

On a tangent...I was reading a book last night about how to tell false Christians from true Christians...one of the things mentioned is that the false Christian will get "stuck" on one particular biblical topic rather than the whole counsel of Scripture. It Immediately made me think of Lori and PP. One is all up into the women's submission thing and the other is all about the homos. 

Food for thought. I've thought of typing out the paragraph to Lori...

5 hours ago, EowynW said:

I read this earlier & kind of felt compelled to speak on it. When I originally left home & went to college I had nothing & knew even less. My school is only 3 hours from home but it's a different world down here. I was 18, didn't know how to drive, had no license, never filled out a job application, & wasn't really sure how to use a crosswalk. My parents did drop me off & help me move into my dorm, but the rest of life was totally on me. I got married, took the driving class, got my license, & got my bar card to work in as club all in the same weekend at 21. I used my soon-to-be father in law's 4x4 Bronco. If I'd have gone anywhere else... my situation most likely would have been similar to Alyssa's.

I never considered my upbringing as "fundamentalist" until I found FJ. I think Alyssa made the one move that granted her freedom. Her parents wouldn't have seen it as harsh.. They would have seen it as... life. (I'm not defending, I'm just saying)

I was fortunate, I escaped willingly, hardship & all. My straight A, submissive, obedient sister was straight up thrown out after she flunked out of school & went back home. My dad thought she was a financial burden. I've *never* gone back to my pparents house because of this. Even when my first husband walked out on me & my child.

Run Alyssa, run!  

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived