IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 4: Aren't They Married Yet? Yes, they are. Pictures inside.

Coconut Flan

Josh and Anna will probably get to eight or nine, they've been very steady every two years. I'm sure Derick and Jill will try for the dozens or so kids but given the delivery problems I don't see them ending up with that many. Maybe three or four more.   Kendra and Joy are both young so unless there's a problem they'll easily get to ten or more.  I don't see Jessa and Ben slowing down either not until after the rest of the sistermoms are married. Jeremy and Jinger will probably have a smaller number kids.  Maybe four or five.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oooo this sounds fun!

2018: #10 to Joy, #11 to Jessa, #12 to Jinger, #13 to Kendra

2019: #14 to Joy, #15 to Jill, #16 to JD,  #17 + #18 to Jessa

2020: #19 to Anna, #20 to Jana, then about 2 more

And for totals of kids: Josh 8, Jana 3, JD 5, Jill 5 bio + 5 adopted, Jessa 15, Jinger 3, Joseph 12, Joy 17, Josiah 8, everyone else mostly 2-5 with at least one 0 and at least one 10+

Ah, more speculation! Here are my guesses:

-Anna and Josh: I'm guessing 10 at the most. Anna seems to get pregnant every two years like clockwork, but I think Josh will hit his limit by 10 if not sooner.

-Jana: 4 or 5, I could also see her potentially having twins at some point, particularly if she married way later (although I think it will be sooner). I do worry for her having a bigger baby like Jill, but I also think she isn't dumb enough to do what Jill did either (as she clearly stated in the After Show that she would give birth in a hospital).

-JD: Also 4 or 5, I just don't see him caring about having a ton of kids like his parents.

-Dills: Between 3 and 5, simply because Jill's deliveries are damaging her health and I feel that at some point she will have no choice but to stop. I also think Samuelito is her last kiddo until 2020. I also think they are most likely to adopt once reaching this point, even more so than Jessa and Ben.

-Benessa: 12, I see Jessa and Ben consistently having kids about every 15-24 months until they hit 10, and then an unintentional pregnancy or two after that (although would they ever admit it was unintentional?)

Jinjer: 4, including a set of twins (hopefully the first set overall)

JK: 14, Kendra seems to be the type to follow a similar precedent as her parents and soon-to-be in-laws.

Josiah: 6, I feel like he'll follow suit but then limit family size similar to Alyssa Bates, but I think his future spouse's background will also impact this number as well.

Jostin: 20, Jill is going to be so jealous of her sister daughter! Joy is clearly bathing in fundie koolaid and I feel that her frame is best equipped to handle giving birth amongst her and her older sisters.

I'm seeing a lot of people saying that some of them will stop at however many kids because they feel like they just wouldn't really want that many kids. I just want to point out that it's going to take a lot more than that for them to limit their family size - they're going to have to untangle a lifetime of indoctrination and probably navigate a ton of guilt, shame, and fear, depending on how and why they choose to limit their family size, if they do. Some of them may be able to shrug it off easily, but I'm guessing for most that won't be the case. There could well be several of them who 'aren't really feeling it' when it comes to having umpteen kids, but go along with it anyway because they feel like they have to.

6 hours ago, FrozenSmile said:

Wedding is this weekend. Friday, but i can't recall the exact time or location & wouldn't put it out there anyway. But it's definitely tomorrow.

So Joe gets to have sex this weekend. Enjoy those 10 seconds (I'm generous here).

Hmm, let's see...

Josh and Anna: 8-9. I don't see either of them leaving, and I think her two-year gaps will start lengthening after the next couple of kids.

Jill and Derick: 5-7. I think she'll keep trying for her VBAC and can see her having a major complication at some point.

Jessa and Ben: 12. I have a hunch. I can't see them adopting.

Jinger and Jeremy: let's wait and see. My guess is she's trying and hasn't gotten pregnant. Could be 5, 10, or 0.

Joe and Kendra: 9-10. She's young, but I don't expect her to have Michelle's fertility.

Joy and Austin: 15. Clearly she's fertile and very fundie. Will go for 19 but not make it.

Of course, all of these are very subject to change...who of us would have thought when Jill was pregnant with Izzy that she would have so many complications?

Anna's spacing is slowly but surely getting bigger. So far, we have 20 months between Mac and Michael, 24 between Michael and Marcus, 25 between Marcus and Meredith, and now at least 26 (if she has M5 this month) between Meredith and the new baby. Hopefully the gaps will continue to get bigger as she enters her 30s.

So today is the big day for Joe and Kendra. I don't know what to say. I hope she won't be a teen mum but she probably will be. Good luck with everything Joe and Kendra. But please stay quiet and don't spit hate to the rest of the world like so many in your families.

@hasunah : I'm sorry, I had to report your post. I actually don't know whether it breaks any rules of this forum because the post was relatively vague (sort of), but still very inappropriate.

Total number of children:

Jessa (11), Joy (10), Josh (9), Joseph (9), JD (7), Jill (6), Jana (6), Jinger (7), Josiah (6)

2017: Anna #5 
2018: Joy #1, Jinger #1, Jessa #3, Kendra #1 
2019: Anna #6
2020: Jill #3, Joy #2, Jessa #4, Jana #1, Jinger #2 (we will get the mandatory picture with all 5 girls) 

Just now, adidas said:

Oh my gosh. Which one is this? And why is he so excited? Scroll down to the gif.

It's Jackson and this has to be Meredith's sex reveal? One of the last 19kac episodes called "Anna's Having A...".

Spoiler

tumblr_or1gno37V41r8mb1io1_400.gif

So, re it being incredibly hard to change beliefs.  I don't know how much I buy into that, because we do see the de-Fundy-isation all the time (the Muncks, the Garrisons, the Jeubs, the Shupes right now).

For me, the thing I could see putting a serious crimp in the Quiverfull is a tragedy happening, and birth complications.  Look at Nicole Naugler, she's done an abrupt about-turn from wanting as many children as humanly possible, to (saying she's) stopping completely.  The pain of a stillbirth must be staggering, and not just for the parents, but for everyone around them.

And we're talking a patriarchal worldview here too.  So say, for example, a horrible tragedy happens to one of them, or someone they know, if a Duggar daughter's husband says that he will not have his wife risk childbirth again, then that trumps Quiverfull, because the husband is the headship, and the wife submits to him.  Hell, if a husband decides that it's financially inadvisable, or that he wants to limit his family because he feels he can't adequately parent more children - that's what happens.

Of course, I would never, ever want any of the Fundies to experience suffering - but I don't believe that just because they've been raised Quiverfull, they'll all have 10+ children, because there are so many variables.  And for sure, mega-families were the norm in the past (both my grandmothers had 12+ living siblings) BUT there was an awful lot more infant mortality/birth complications too, so even giving birth 13 times didn't mean raising 13 children.

13 minutes ago, Lurky said:

BUT there was an awful lot more infant mortality/birth complications too, so even giving birth 13 times didn't mean raising 13 children.

This is true. I found a clip on YouTube of the show I've got a Secret. A contestant was the father of 27 children. In reading the comments someone wrote that only 19 made to adulthood. Granted I'm not sure the comment is true but it might be. 

@Jaeniduggar Looks to me like the shiny one might be Kendra's mom's dress where the ruffles came from, while the second photo is the surprise addition to the underlayer of Kendra's dress. So we can expect a bit of poof! Not that I would expect her to wear a figure hugging mermaid style dress with how modest she seems. 

Hope they have a nice joyful wedding!

31 minutes ago, Lurky said:

For me, the thing I could see putting a serious crimp in the Quiverfull is a tragedy happening, and birth complications.  Look at Nicole Naugler, she's done an abrupt about-turn from wanting as many children as humanly possible, to (saying she's) stopping completely.  

I hadn't heard this yet about the Nauglers, but thank you sweet merciful Jesus that they are stopping. NN is the most irresponsible, reckless pregnant woman and it is a miracle that it took this long for something catastrophic to happen. Her last two babies looked TERRIBLE at birth, she got lucky most probably with them.

However, back to the Duggars, it is very clear that JimBob and Michelle at least learned not a damn thing from Josie's nearly catastrophic micropreemie birth. They went full steam ahead and lost Jubilee. Not only that but they continued to try to get pregnant AFTER Jubilee, total careless disregard for Michelle's wellbeing or their living children. We still don't know what happened with Jill's delivery of Samuel, but we do know that she made poor choices with Israel and we do know there were complications with Samuel, we just don't know how bad or serious they were. Jessa had a serious hemorrhage for which she needed to be transfused after Spurgeon and went right ahead without a qualified and licensed midwife (AT A MINIMUM), but rather her idiot sister Jill and other laywomen gathered around her couch. Again, the fact that she got lucky with Henry is not indicative of rational thinking or responsible behaviour on her part. Like I've said before on these boards, the only one who has had straightforward and uncomplicated births is Anna. The Duggar girls have so far been willing to take all sorts of risks. Their mother is even worse. I'm not sure a Naugler-type loss would deter these folks.

9 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Some of them may be able to shrug it off easily, but I'm guessing for most that won't be the case. There could well be several of them who 'aren't really feeling it' when it comes to having umpteen kids, but go along with it anyway because they feel like they have to.

Great points about indoctrination. I think the greatest deciding factor will be their spouse. It's been guessed (based on Jeremy's own words) that he had sexual partner(s) before Jing, or at the very least was around those engaging in sex. I'm sure he is comfortable with the idea of birth control. I'm not saying I think they are or they aren't preventing, just that I'm 100% confident they will not leave their family size up to chance. In contrast, I think it's very unlikely that someone like Joy will break the mold. 

Final note, having 20 kids is unusual even for quiverfull couples. I think it is far more likely that those leaving family size to god will fall somewhere in the 5-10 range. And we really will have no way of knowing what's going on behind closed doors. (For some quick math Jill is on track to have 9 kids and Jessa is headed for 11 assuming current sibling gaps) 

27 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Wow. Kendra's mom's dress looks water repellent.

Looks like the typical late 90's shiney fashion. Blouses, tops and skirts for women were very similar.

90s_06.jpg

I'm glad she's not wearing her mom's original dress. Just my personal opinion, but it really looks horrible with all those shiny ruffles :pb_eek:

But at least now we know what shade Kendra's dress has. Gotta keep a lookout for the first pics when I get home tonight :pb_mrgreen:

3 hours ago, Gillyweed said:

Sounds like she's wearing her mom's dress. That's sweet. 

The way I read it, she has her own dress but part of her mother's dress was added to the bottom. Am I reading it wrong?

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived