IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 4: Aren't They Married Yet? Yes, they are. Pictures inside.

Coconut Flan

@mango_fandango     

Friends of my mother (twins) had a double wedding.  The brides invited 1/2 the guests, the grooms (not brothers) the other half.  Father walked both down the aisle, one on each arm.  The couples stood in front of the priest side by side.  Couple A - both spoke their vows. Couple B - both spoke their vows.  They were jointly introduced and  Mr & Mrs A  and Mr & Mrs  B.  Joint head table at the reception.

This was in the 1950's. 

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, candygirl200413 said:

Wouldn't they technically be marrying their in-laws? The siblings who are having the joint wedding.

I don't think so. My sister's husband is my Brother in law. But his brother is not my brother in law. See what I mean?

But their children will be double first cousins so they will look more alike than regular first cousins. 

Btw, if anyone is curious about the details of the double wedding the Bontragers have posted some stuff this week on their blog.

12 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

But their children will be double first cousins so they will look more alike than regular first cousins. 

My brother and I have double first cousins and we actually don't look much more alike then regular cousins. There are some similarities but it's not one of those, oh you can tell that we are related on both sides. However, you can really see it in the S'Morton's. So probably one of those genetics are weird things. 

4 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

My brother and I have double first cousins and we actually don't look much more alike then regular cousins. There are some similarities but it's not one of those, oh you can tell that we are related on both sides. However, you can really see it in the S'Morton's. So probably one of those genetics are weird things. 

It's definitely not a guarantee. But I can see those cousins looking a lot alike since the brothers and sisters have similar features. 

I think even Bethany (Smith) Lane's kids look like their cousins and they aren't Smortons. 

26 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don't think so. My sister's husband is my Brother in law. But his brother is not my brother in law. See what I mean?

Btw, if anyone is curious about the details of the double wedding the Bontragers have posted some stuff this week on their blog.

If the brides are identical twins, then their kids will technically be half-siblings

2 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

If the brides are identical twins, then their kids will technically be half-siblings

I once saw a show that interviewed identical twins that married identical twins. They actually all live together. They each had one kid and the cousins grew up like siblings. 

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I once saw a show that interviewed identical twins that married identical twins. They actually all live together. They each had one kid and the cousins grew up like siblings. 

I think i read that same article :pb_lol: Those people were kinda creepy

3 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

I think i read that same article :pb_lol: Those people were kinda creepy

They were weird. But I love it when weirdos find eachother. My husband and I have the same demented sense of humor. I'm glad we can secretly laugh at our own fucked up jokes together. 

My brother and sister threw around the idea of a double wedding- because my sister wanted a huge thing, and my brother wanted to be under the radar. Doing them at the same time would allow him to not be the center of attention. But them my sister's guest list ballooned to 300+, and my SIL wanted to get married in a Catholic church, so they wound up getting married 3 months apart. Not convenient to me AT ALL (because obviously my convenience must be taken into consideration). My Mom still gets bitter, because they could have thrown a HUGE party for everyone at once. Not that my sister's eventual 350 person guest list was anything small. My brother's wedding was more like 80 people. Very different. 

25 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I know that family you talked about. I have seen several stories where identical twins married identical twins. 

Thanks for the explanation @JermajestyDuggar

I would totally get the whole kill two birds with one stone but I guess with some twins they don't mind that their considered a package if that makes sense? Like I'm still referred to as the twins with my brother even though we've always wanted to referred to as separate people. People have joked about us doing a double wedding but nope I've shared everything with him

Weird thought... I noticed how in their weddings the pastor always says something like "who giveth this woman to be married to this man" to the dad. But in the joken wedding, since pastor Caldwell would be both pastor and father, how would that moment go?

5 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Weird thought... I noticed how in their weddings the pastor always says something like "who giveth this woman to be married to this man" to the dad. But in the joken wedding, since pastor Caldwell would be both pastor and father, how would that moment go?

Possibly by saying "I giveth " instead? 

9 minutes ago, SuffolkNWhat said:

Possibly by saying "I giveth " instead? 

Gil Bates has done most/all of his daughters' ceremonies, is there video evidence of what he says? out of curiosity lol

My cousin's wife's dad married her and I recalled it as I don't remember but my brother is saying that her dad might have made a joke about marrying her and giving her away? I'll edit when I ask my mom cause now I'm also curious.

Update: Mom couldn't remember either, so I'm assuming he said nothing just cause I feel like it would have stuck in our heads.

20 hours ago, keen23 said:

My brother and sister threw around the idea of a double wedding- because my sister wanted a huge thing, and my brother wanted to be under the radar.

My brother and I were engaged at the same time and it never occurred to us to have a double wedding, we were married 4 weeks apart and SIL and I were bridesmaids for each other.

I am seriously considering having a double wedding with my sister, if the timing works out. Makes it more worthwhile for family living abroad to come for the wedding, saves money, takes attention off me (I am dreading going through a ceremony about my relationship, I am SO private). My sister and I are extremely close, I could see it working well :) 

The funny thing is, two of my mother's cousins who are sisters also had a double wedding some 20 years ago and it was really beautiful, so in that branch of the family it wouldn't even be a first.

I know of a couple double weddings but our mom forbid us from having a double wedding because according to her they were unlucky. "If you stand at the altar with more than your husband your marriage will also be one that involves other people" so basically she thought that would lead to cheating. None of us had one but I don't think that was because of mom and more because none of us ever came up with the idea of having one. 

On 8/31/2017 at 0:08 PM, VGL said:

No, the double wedding is Friday and the single wedding is Saturday

https://www.theknot.com/us/carson-carolina-and-joshua-cassidy-sep-2017

https://registry.theknot.com/bryn-leppert-mitchell-bontrager-september-2017/21142540

This makes me a bit sad as I'm attending a wedding on Friday and won't be able to watch the livestream of the double wedding.

Is it just me or does the groom on the right in top link give off a Twilight vibe???

And, a brother named "Crockett??" I saw it and my mind (being dirty and all) said "Crotch Rocket" ok, then....

1 hour ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Am I late to the "why was the wedding at 4:18pm" party?

I haven't seen it discussed here, do they have their own thread?

And all those 'C' names for the Bowers :5624795ae05d4_32(26):

2 minutes ago, AnnEggBlandHer? said:

I haven't seen it discussed here, do they have their own thread?

Here you go: 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived