IGNORED

Little People, Big World 2

Coconut Flan

13 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Aubrey’s post was from 3 days ago though. She’s shared videos and photos on her stories from the party yesterday and from Ember’s actual birthday (today.) I’d guess she’ll post something else for Ember’s birthday today or tomorrow.

Ah ok Nvm.  Perhaps I was getting a little too BEC with Auj ?

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, TuringMachine said:

Ah ok Nvm.  Perhaps I was getting a little too BEC with Auj ?

I mean, in your defense Audrey and Jeremy just make it so easy. :pb_lol:

Here is Audrey’s post for Ember’s birthday:

Definitely way better than if she had posted solely about her birth experience. I definitely relate to not knowing how to word your emotions over a milestone like a first birthday - there can be some very conflicting feelings! -, but I could have done without that “always more” tacked right on the end. I feel like it took a relatively sweet post and turned it into an ad... so... classic Auj and Jer.

And Jeremy’s post:

Spoiler

Again, a decent post with just a touch of their trademark religious weirdness (hoping a one year old knowing their Creator just sounds odd to me - maybe that’s a normal first birthday sentiment in their circle though?) added in. Otherwise, the portion of Jeremy’s letter for Ember he shared was kind of really sweet.  

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

Ugh, at that post from Audrey. I wish she would shut up about the "more" crap. It's always more anywhere she can fit it, so it seems.

Adorable kid though. 

And Hi @VelociRapture...good to see you!

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's Audrey and Jeremy's wedding anniversary, and she's reposted her vows in her instagram caption about it.

I really wish she wouldn't because all it does is make me picture them having sex while reciting their vows to each other like she talked about in that one blog post. DO NOT WANT.

:output_eeMbjt::brainbleach:

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

@zygote373 did they really do that? OMG that makes me want to puke. Seriously, I love my husband deeply and I can't see us doing that. Or even telling other people we did that-I mean really? How much attention does she need?

I know, I know, it's Auj, so she needs it all. I wonder when we will hear about Ember getting a sibling. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

Now I see little flames from the side of my face. So self-absorbed and disgusting. Not to mention the first commenter who was saying "only animals and people who have one night stands have sex! But with your husband, you must refer to it as making love!"

GTFO with that attitude.

Saying your vows during sex won't help when your husband is abusive toward you, or down at the nudie bar getting his lap grinded on. 

I'm sorry, I'm divorced (and remarried) and I hate this beating 50% crap she spews. I never wanted to get divorced, but I'm glad it happened. I hate this notion that random shit like this will stop divorce, and that never-divorced people are somehow magically better than people who are. NEWSFLASH: You're not. 

I'm in a mood, so I'll leave. Because for a little girl without much life experience in general, she likes to act like she knows everything. I'm sure she wouldn't last a day dealing with problems like most of us have. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 5

@unholypoledancer I’m no expert, but I’m pretty sure you have every right to be in a mood. Audrey and Jeremy are basically the definitions of “self-righteous”, “obnoxious”, and “dumbasses.”

At least their kid is adorable. Sorry you’re stuck in that family Ember!

(And sorry your childhood is being sold to TLC Jackson!)

Edited by VelociRapture
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

I had just put the fact that they say their vows while having sex out of my head. Now it's back in there again. *Sigh* That's just gross.

• Upvote 3

Thanks @VelociRapture ! You know, Auj and her BS always make me so mad, but I keep forgetting Matt and Amy are divorced. Does she ever think how this makes the OG meal ticket feel? If it were me, I wouldn't want to be pissing off the OG meal tickets who make it possible for me to be Z- list famous.

Also, is Tori still acting sanctimonious about her son's sleep habits? I realize he's a lot older now, though. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, unholypoledancer said:

Thanks @VelociRapture ! You know, Auj and her BS always make me so mad, but I keep forgetting Matt and Amy are divorced. Does she ever think how this makes the OG meal ticket feel? If it were me, I wouldn't want to be pissing off the OG meal tickets who make it possible for me to be Z- list famous.

Also, is Tori still acting sanctimonious about her son's sleep habits? I realize he's a lot older now, though. 

Tori and Zach are still using the blanket. I think the AAP recommendation is not to use a blanket, pillows, or toys in the crib prior to the child turning 1.5, but I’m not positive. My daughter is 21 months old and still insists on using sleepsacks, so it’s not something we’ve had to deal with. Jackson will be 1.5 in November.

Tori was kind of snotty in the caption of a photo she shared of Jackson and his crib covered in poop though - something about how she knows she’ll be mommy shamed for posting it or something. Which, for the record, I think she deserved to be called out for. Jackson looked kind of sad in that photo and there was absolutely no reason she needed to post something that could really embarrass him in the future.  

• Upvote 5

@VelociRapture thank you for the update!

Honestly, Tori deserves any shame she gets from that. When my daughter had poop blowouts we just got to cleaning everything ASAP. Soon he will be at the point where he can start to feel embarrassed from such things, and there's no reason to take pictures and make a big deal the way she is.

I think Tori lets the Z-list fame get to her head like she's somehow better than everyone else and an expert on children.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

https://people.com/parents/tori-roloff-denies-pregnancy-rumors/

So apparently people thought Tori was pregnant again? And they decided it was a great idea to bombard members of the family asking if she was? Really? Why is this a thing?

But big round of applause for Tori on her response. I’m not a big fan of her’s, but she gets full marks on this - she firmly and clearly shuts down the rumors, politely explains why you shouldn’t ask that kind of question to anyone, and nicely requests that people basically back the fuck off. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

One of the latest Audrey posts. This one is a real winner:

I feel like Audrey is almost the Jill Dillard of the Roloff family - the more polished, more worldly, and better at taking photos Jill Dillard. She clearly tries very hard (and has actual products to sell unlike Jill), but I feel like she’s just as poor a communicator in some ways as Jill is. I can kind of see her point here - peer pressure bad! Being yourself is good! - but she just comes off as so sanctimonious and irritating that any positive message she may have had gets overshadowed by the self righteousness. 

• Upvote 12

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

I can kind of see her point here - peer pressure bad! Being yourself is good! - but she just comes off as so sanctimonious and irritating that any positive message she may have had gets overshadowed by the self righteousness. 

Yeah, I see her point. However, it's all so judgy. I really don't care who wears what for Halloween, as long as they are comfortable. If what they want to remember or vaguely remember is a frat party or a massive Halloween party. That's up to them. That's not up to me. I've done the full costume, the kind of skanky costume, and something in between. I'm still the same person no matter what. No judgment from me. Just be safe and if something does happen, it's not because of what the woman was or wasn't wearing. It's because the person who committed the crime was a dirt bag.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

They are a sanctimonious bunch, aren't they? I pretty much completely forgot any of them exist. The parents are divorced and all the kids are married? Are they still schlepping themselves on tv? 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

@fundiefan Yes as far as I know, they still are.  I think the main focus is the two sons and their wives moreso than Matt and Amy (who are divorced). Someone correct me if I am wrong. 

Jeremy and Audrey have left the show.  The youngest son and the daughter quit participating long ago so now it's the divorced parents with Zach, Tori, and son.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

Thank you @Coconut Flan . I am clearly out of the loop in Fundie land when people come and go.

I guess because of Jer and Aud and their Instagram presence I assume otherwise. However, less Auj has to be a good thing, amiright @VelociRapture?

• Upvote 2

On 11/3/2018 at 4:56 PM, fundiefan said:

They are a sanctimonious bunch, aren't they? I pretty much completely forgot any of them exist. The parents are divorced and all the kids are married? Are they still schlepping themselves on tv? 

Here’s a quick breakdown:

- Zach married Tori in July 2015. They have a son, Jackson, who is almost 18 months old and who was diagnosed with Dwarfism while Tori was pregnant. He’s a really adorable kid and seems to be a pretty happy little guy. Zach coaches soccer and Tori recently got into photography. I think she’s still doing her Etsy shop as well, but I don’t think she’ll be returning to teaching anytime soon (I think she taught kindergarten prior to have Jackson.) I have trouble tolerating Tori because she has a strong “I’m the Mom and Mom is NEVER wrong!” personality going on, but she’s not obnoxious about whatever beliefs they may have. They remain on the show and, thus, are effectively selling their son’s childhood.

- Jeremy married Audrey in September 2014. They have one daughter, Ember, who is about 14 months old - a lot of people speculated that they got pregnant when they did because they were jealous of Tori and Zach having the first grandkid or something. They’re a pretty sanctimonious and obnoxious couple. They left the show after this last season, likely because they want to focus more on being Uber-Christians and so they can pick and choose exactly which aspects of Ember’s childhood they can sell to the public (as opposed to TLC having control over what they show) - unfortunately, they’re probably willing to share everything about her childhood that TLC would have (possibly more.) So Ember isn’t much better off than Jackson in that respect. She is extremely cute and seems pretty happy. 

- Molly married Joel in August of 2017. They’re a very private couple and I believe they live in a neighboring state. I don’t know much more.

- Jacob (the youngest) is engaged to Isabel. No clue when the wedding will be. They were pretty private, but made their Instagram accounts public a while ago. Jacob has publicly called his parents out for something to do with money earned from TLC or for letting him grow up on camera. I think Amy apologized publicly to him. He seems to do fine with his family now, though I’d be really surprised if they joined the show again.

19 minutes ago, unholypoledancer said:

Thank you @Coconut Flan . I am clearly out of the loop in Fundie land when people come and go.

I guess because of Jer and Aud and their Instagram presence I assume otherwise. However, less Auj has to be a good thing, amiright @VelociRapture?

Abso-fucking-lutely! :pb_lol:

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

I'm expecting the show to be cancelled after this season.

The shit I read on Facebook sometimes. Somene had the nerve to say Jackson isn't as developed, strong, and as  cute as Ember under an article about the show I recently shared to my timeline. Ugh.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Sky with diamonds said:

I'm expecting the show to be cancelled after this season.

The shit I read on Facebook sometimes. Somene had the nerve to say Jackson isn't as developed, strong, and as  cute as Ember under an article about the show I recently shared to my timeline. Ugh.

That’s completely ridiculous. Jackson is just as adorable as Ember is. I especially love their sweet little grins!

And any possible or imagined differences in development or strength is likely due to the fact that Jackson has Dwarfism and Ember does not. I’d guess that most people (myself included) don’t have much exposure to very young people with Dwarfism or knowledge about how their development can differ from that of a child without Dwarfism*, but I’d imagine there could be some significant differences in some areas (like, for instance, walking.) They both seem to be doing very well in my opinion and Jackson especially seems like he’s got a lot of strength for such a young kid. 

*And the only reason I thought of this was because I had a preemie and spent her first year pretty on edge about her development. 

• Upvote 2

I am wondering how much of a pissing contest Tori and Aj have with each other, over their kids/who's got the better kid/cuter kid/whatever.

Will we be spared this holiday season from seeing pictures of Auj and Jer on a mattress in the living room, rolling around in holiday PJs and making that a Christmas card? 

Someone please say yes.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Yes, the achondroplasia means his head is larger in proportion to his body than an average height kid so large motor things like sitting and walking can be delayed a few months.  He seems to be on the early end of achondroplasia development so that's good for him.  He's been within the range for average height kids so far.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic