IGNORED

Psychology of Thinking Housewife

AtroposHeart

The housewife is a person (no matter what gender) who feeds off hate.

The housewife needs something to hate, or be angry about. Whether it's women, non-whites, non-chrisitians, LGBT people, pizza, or bottle water.

This person deeply feels the need to give off anger and vile to something. Usually something minor. I spent a lot of time early last year (due to a bout of depression) reading misogynistic and occasionaly racist blogs. Everyone of the bloggers was radiating with a need to hate something.

Usually something a person can't control. I think that's it's comforting for them to imagine that's theres only a few categories of people on the world. It simplifies the world. Hate is a simple emotion the longer someone holds onto it, the less they have to deal with more complicated thoughts, or feelings. Hate is a simple emotion, but a powerful one. It's much easier to hold onto hate than anger.

What I believe is happening is what the TH and others like her/him need something to hate. It could be anything realy.

I think you are quite right.

This, however:

I spent a lot of time early last year (due to a bout of depression) reading misogynistic and occasionaly racist blogs.

seems like a terrible idea. That can't have been good for you! :shock:

I had to stop reading Websleuths (about murders and abductions and such) when I was really depressed because it upset me too much.

Her comments and posts about stereotypes of (outside the home) working women are particuarly upsetting to me. She really loathes those of us who work outside the home.

I think the mods of this board should order us all, for our own mental health, to stay off the TH's website. We obviously can't control ourselves, we're lured to it like a moth to a flame, and then we regret reading it.

I think you are quite right.

This, however:

seems like a terrible idea. That can't have been good for you! :shock:

I had to stop reading Websleuths (about murders and abductions and such) when I was really depressed because it upset me too much.

You're right. But at that time of my life I wanted to fill like shit. What better way than being hated for something that I couldn't help?

You're right. But at that time of my life I wanted to fill like shit. What better way than being hated for something that I couldn't help?

Depression comes in many different forms. Almost sounds like you wanted to punish yourself? When I am depressed things get lurid and surreal.

Do you think the Lousewife could be depressed? Trying with every bone in my body to be charitable here...if she was and indeed she is a she, it might explain a bit.

I think the mods of this board should order us all, for our own mental health, to stay off the TH's website. We obviously can't control ourselves, we're lured to it like a moth to a flame, and then we regret reading it.

You are so ordered!

j/k - no one can make you guys do anything even if they wanted to - lol

Srsly, though, I can't read there. If leaves a heaviness. . . a weariness. . . in my spirit. I'm sure the TH would interpret this as guilt. Hardly. It's just hard for me to accept such women-hatred from another woman. I mean, can you imagine? If she really is a woman, what must her internal landscape be like? *shudders*

Having said that, I am glad for the FJers who take one for the team and report on the TH so the rest of us don't have to read there. And I would second that if anyone is feeling low or depressed or such, please don't read her vicious vitriol.

Archived