IGNORED

What's the scariest movie you ever saw?

Guest One and Done

Guest Anonymous

Mine would have to be the Exorcist..no question. My uncle babysat my sisters and I once and made us watch it. I was 7 and completely terrified! I will never ever watch it again, even as an adult.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was a child I was terrified by the original Planet of the Apes. Come on, talking gorillas with guns are scary shit when you're 8 years old.

As an adult, I think The Hills Have Eyes is pretty frightening.

Scariest? The Grudge, maybe? Goriest and affected me the most? Hostel. (I had to leave the theater crying, I have no idea why, it just really got to me towards the end.)

Psycho, I saw it when I was a kid and there was a guy who looked like Tony Perkins sitting in front of us who kept on saying that he had a mother problem.

When I was a kid it was The Exorcist. I think a lot of people got scared the first time they saw it. Recently my cousin and her husband visited me. My cousin's husband is older than her by several years. He said he was 16 when The Exorcist hit theaters. He lived about a mile from the theater in his town. So he and a couple of friends walked to the theater and he said the walk home was a actually a run home.

As an adult, the movie Wolf Creek scared the crap out of me. It is really chilling because it is based on an Australian serial killer.

I watched The Ring at thirteen and couldn't sleep alone for 3 months. I had to sleep in my parent's room. To this day seeing posters for it can freak me out.

It was a weird french movie, where the woman a servant was sent to this place and she was pregnant (and hiding it) and then weird thigns happened and she was dragged down under this weird house by spirits of orphans children, and she has the baby that is taken by the weird kids spirits and she dies.

And then I resented my friend for complying with her stupid friends to go watch that weird creepy movie.

The Ring was really freaky. I blame David Dorfman, who played the son. He was one of those kids who seemed way too old for their actual age.

The original Wicker Man was not so much scary as just... I can't think of the right word. Unsettling, maybe?

My best friend and I rented The Exorcist when I was thirteen, and it was the scariest movie I've ever seen. I've seen it so many times that it no longer scares me, but I was TERRIFIED of it at first. I love horror movies, though.

Dudes, when the little kid told his mom 'you weren't supposed to help her' in The Ring? I just about died inside. Terrified!

For me, the scariest part was when Samara came out of the TV near the end of the movie. Gah!!! I watched it at my friend's house, and I had to walk near some woods on the way home afterwards. Needless to say, that was quite an experience. Yikes! :lol:

Psycho. I saw it when I was seven and it was the last time a movie actually scared me. It was with my sister and our babysitter and we all ended up sleeping in the same bed (mine, because it was the only one big enough) because we were all so terrified.

When I was 12 or maybe 13, one of my friends had a movie party (at the theater not a rented video) and we went to Invasion of the Body Snatchers. The remake, of course, with Donald Sutherland and Jeff Goldblum. HOLY FUCKING CHRIST ON A CRACKER that thing scared the bejeezes out of me.

We went to a matinee and I can remember I kept going out to the lobby, just to get into the light and have a few moments of escape. The dog with the mans face...ugh! The final scene that just goes into Brooke Adams screaming mouth (or maybe Jeff Goldblum's?)...ack!

Now, as an adult (and even when I was an older teen), I love me some scary movies. They are my favorites and I will watch almost anything, but the ones like Hostel, which are little more than soft-core snuff films, but I still can't watch Invasion of the Body Snatchers to this day.

I think it is something about the fact that the pods get you when you are sleeping. You don't have a chance if you are sleeping..fuck! ahhhhhhh lol I'm getting freaked out just thinking about it.

I also hate the sound the creepy girl from the Grudge makes. My husband likes to come up behind me or come down the hall making that sound cause he's a smart ass.

The Ring was also super creepy. I tried to watch that again recently and didn't make it through it, but I don't remember it bothering me the first time I watched it.

Oh and the first time I saw The Evil Dead, alone at night that scared the snot out of me. I love all the Evil Dead ones now though.

Oh, when I was very young I saw the Jeff Goldblum remake of The Fly - I must have been, I don't know, maybe seven at the time? I haven't seen it since but I still remember some scenes quite... vividly.

Was also totally frightened by Whatever Happened to Baby Jane? when I was a kid.

Oh, when I was very young I saw the Jeff Goldblum remake of The Fly - I must have been, I don't know, maybe seven at the time? I haven't seen it since but I still remember some scenes quite... vividly.

I just saw The Fly for the first time a month or so ago. I thought we were going to be watching the old version, and that it would be really hokey and silly. Boy was I wrong! I don't mind gore that much but I really was not prepared for it.

The Ring terrified me at thirteen: my friend and I watched it in her basement late at night and could not sleep afterward. I mostly try to avoid scary movies because I am a total wuss about them, but a couple years ago I made the mistake of watching The Descent. It was very scary, especially for me because I am somewhat claustrophobic so being stuck underground is horrifying to me.

Guest Anonymous

I like scary movies too but not the bloody, gory ones like Saw, Hostel etc. I know I will probably get some flack for this but I liked Paranormal Activity 1&2, Blair Witch and all the movies where there's no blood or torture but where you are just wondering what is gonna happen next. I like movies like that.

When I saw this thread the first thing that came into my head was the movie The Ring, but I thought surely I was alone in being freaked out by it! Also, an old 70s movie I saw as a kid on tv, Burnt Offerings. I still often think about it and remember the creepy ending when the old lady says "I've been waiting for you."

Silence of the Lambs. I normally don't watch movies such as this, but a friend from work asked me to go with her. I closed my eyes for over half of the film, praying for it to end.

Don't laugh, but the Blair Witch Project. I saw it in the theater with a friend and her mom and brother. It scared. the. crap. out. of me. I was able to mentally put myself into dark woods and hear all that going on around me. I was already scared of the dark, but just the thought of being lost deep in the woods at night was terrifying.

There's times when we've gone to places late at night, like the woods, or a river and shortly after we get there I want to go home because I hear weird noises and I feel paranoid. Years after I saw the movie I was on the mountain late one night with my husband while we dated, and some guys came out of the woods and started jumping on our car. So now I always have this fear that we aren't alone wherever we go.

Don't laugh, but the Blair Witch Project. I saw it in the theater with a friend and her mom and brother. It scared. the. crap. out. of me.

I consider myself a bit of a horror junkie, and it takes a lot to freak me out. I saw Blair Witch on opening night, and I had nightmares for about a week. I don't think it would've had the same effect on me if I had seen it after the crazy-ass hype built.

The first movie I remember being unbelievably terrified of was Kubrick's "The Shining". Especially the 2 little girls. Ugh. I still get the heebie jeebies when I see that part.

Guest Anonymous

The Shining is pretty terrifying. Jack Nicholson is so good in this. I'm so glad it's October because I can catch all kinds of scary movies on tv. They always show all the Halloweens, Friday the 13th etc..all the older scary movies that are classics. Love this time of year!

I'm a big baby about scary movies, but I want to watch some for Halloween this year. Generally I like the goofy/funny ones--I love Army of Darkness, for example, and also the Scream movies (were those supposed to be funny, or was that just me?).

I think I'd like the ones where you're wondering what's going to happen next. What is The Ring about? I haven't seen too many. I thought The Shining was a little scary, but not too bad. I used to be much worse about these kinds of movies, but when I was a teenager I had a friend who was really into horror movies (especially vampire-type movies) and she'd make fun of them, so now they don't bother me too much.

Mine would have to be the Exorcist..no question. My uncle babysat my sisters and I once and made us watch it. I was 7 and completely terrified! I will never ever watch it again, even as an adult.

I was an adult when it came out and I didn't find it scary in the least. But to a 7 y.o., holy cow! That was terrible of your uncle to do that.

Psycho, by Alfred Hitchcock, was the scariest movie I ever saw.

Psycho. I saw it when I was seven and it was the last time a movie actually scared me. It was with my sister and our babysitter and we all ended up sleeping in the same bed (mine, because it was the only one big enough) because we were all so terrified.

Yikes, you saw it a 7! I was in high school and it is the scariest movie I've ever seen.

Archived