IGNORED

Dillards 35: Waiting on People Magazine

Coconut Flan

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Timetraveler said:

How....uplifting.

A tweet like this has me leaning towards hysterectomy. No more children; what's done is done.

lol. my guess at this tween was more along the lines with Derick being anti-trans and probably feeling that Trump's wannabe trans-ban from the armed forces is divinely ordained, or some shit like that....

If and it's a big if Jill had a hysterectomy it could explain the silence.  For someone like Jill to have this happen will cause serious depression.  She could need real therapy and support in coming to an understanding of what happened.  Two children isn't a bad thing but even a normal woman would experience some depression so I can't imagine what Jill would feel.   This of course is all sepeculation because we don't know even with the cryptic tweets.  But if Jill is upset or bitter she may have insisted on privacy or someone else did till they felt she could put on a happy face.

Agreed, majority of women would find it difficult to have your choice taken away. From someone like Jill, who centers so much of her identity around pregnancy (not even motherhood, but pregnancy/birth), it would be absolutely devastating. 

Thread drift via the morning sickness wives tale: 

I had hyperemesis gravidarum with my son and he almost killed me. We were sure we were having a girl to the point where in the video when we found out you can hear my husband say "oh shit." 

But yeah, my body decided that only the kiddo could thrive...so #onlychild. Not playing those games again. 

IF it is the worst case - a hysterectomy - this has to be a special episode. While typing I realized how awful it is to connect personal drama with special episode. That were realit stars end up. Sad.

If Jill can not have more biological kids (due to whatever reason) her world is more than crushed and even the duggars would have to figure out how to justify and handle this one spirituality and from a maketing point of view. This takes time.

I would rather lean to a condition resulting in the medical advise not to get pregnant again due to (major) risks to her and/or the baby's life.  In this case, in addition to the above, they would have to figuere out weather they will act according to the medical recommendation or not. We know they won't and they have to work out a strategy how to sell his crazy shit to the viewers. 

What would happen if Jill was told in no uncertain terms that she was NEVER to get pregnant again, yet she still had her ovaries/uterus/etc? Would birth control/tubal ligation be acceptable then? Or do they discount the doctors advice and leave it to God?

ETA: @vienna and I are thinking the same thougths at the same time!

3 minutes ago, viii said:

Agreed, majority of women would find it difficult to have your choice taken away. From someone like Jill, who centers so much of her identity around pregnancy (not even motherhood, but pregnancy/birth), it would be absolutely devastating. 

Especially when those around her will continue to have multiple children for years and years to come. Her whole life has prepared her for this and if that is taken away from her, I would suspect she would feel lost not knowing her place in life anymore. Plus I'm sure she would feel like it was a given since her mom was pregnant 21 times and gave birth to 19 relatively healthy babies. 

Hoping off the speculation bus now. I do sincerely hope that everything is okay with Jill and that she is just keeping it on the DL until she recovers or until they release stuff for next season.

My morning sickness was about the same for girl and boy. My FIL said it was all in my head. I should have puked over his shoes. :devilish:

1 minute ago, Chickenbutt said:

What would happen if Jill was told in no uncertain terms that she was NEVER to get pregnant again, yet she still had her ovaries/uterus/etc? Would birth control/tubal ligation be acceptable then? Or do they discount the doctors advice and leave it to God?

Based off the fundies I know, majority of them would still continue to get pregnant, due to God is greater than man (the doctors)

1 minute ago, Chickenbutt said:

As horrible as it would be, I'm sure her parents would encourage them to leave it up to God. I feel like Derrick and Cathy would be on the other side and encourage her to enjoy her children. I don' t know who she would listen to, but I would hope she would see reason.

1 minute ago, Bad Wolf said:

My morning sickness was about the same for girl and boy. My FIL said it was all in my head. I should have puked over his shoes. :devilish:

My mom kept telling me her morning sickness was bad...until she saw me throw up the first time. Her face when pale and she admitted she never got that sick. I think it was kind of eye opening for her. My sister was pretty sick too, but that's her story to tell...and I know she is out there lurking and reading. 

Is it horrible that I kinda hope Jill has had a hysterectomy? Obviously it would be really traumatic for her and I feel bad for that, but it would also mean about 15 fewer kids born into the cult with dirty Jesus as a parent. They can barely raise the two they have, and nothing short of Jill being physically unable to have more children will stop them. Also, she's alive. Clearly this was another rough delivery; another one might just kill both her and future baby. 

All around icky situation.

I'm sure we'll find out; they're probably going to save it for the season premiere, or use it to drum up excitement a week or two beforehand. 

ETA: [mention=20423]vienna[/mention] and I are thinking the same thougths at the same time!

I had read on here somewhere about how in Gothardism, dying from pregnancy/childbirth was like the highest level of martyrdom a woman could achieve. It's like they believe they have to get pregnant and bear children at all costs, with no regard to their own lives. It is so disturbing. In my studies on the FLDS I believe they also feel similar.

As everyone else has said, I hope Jill is doing well and I'm relieved to see that baby Sammy looks to be doing ok. Hopefully if she is not able to get pregnant anymore she will be grateful and enjoy the two children she already has.

12 minutes ago, PumaLover said:

I had read on here somewhere about how in Gothardism, dying from pregnancy/childbirth was like the highest level of martyrdom a woman could achieve. It's like they believe they have to get pregnant and bear children at all costs, with no regard to their own lives. It is so disturbing. In my studies on the FLDS I believe they also feel similar.

I wonder if that attitude holds true in the face of their own mortality though? It is one thing to judge another woman for not trusting god enough, but it is quite another to be faced with the death of yourself or your spouse. A bit like the outspoken pro-lifer that gets an abortion because her case is special. Hopefully having her fertility decisions scrutinized in the public eye will not encourage Jill and/or Dirty Jesus to play fast and loose with her life. 

Reading into these people's Bible verse tweets is approximately as accurate as reading tea leaves,

I hope everything is okay not only for Jill, but for Samuel as well. There would probably be some resentment towards him otherwise. 

I hope Jill hasn't had a hysterectomy both forvher personal mental well-being and also because I feel like that would increase the likelihood of adoption *shudders*

43 minutes ago, PumaLover said:

Hopefully if she is not able to get pregnant anymore she will be grateful and enjoy the two children she already has.

My body would only allow me to have one child. I had an ectopic pregnancy after GryffindorDisappointment was born, which almost (literally) killed me. Then I had two miscarriages after that. I finally had to say "no more," because I couldn't handle the grieving any more.

It's very VERY hard to lose your fertility, especially if all.you.want.in.the.world is a baby.

Cut her some slack. If, indeed, she has been told she can't/shouldn't have more children or whatever, she needs to be left alone to grieve. Yes, she has two beautiful boys, but to say she should just "be grateful" and "enjoy" them is presumptuous, rude, and just plain mean.

I'm sorry my post came across that way SapphireSlytherin and very sorry if I hurt your feelings. I don't know what it's like to lose my fertility and want a baby so I didn't realize that saying that was hurtful.

1 hour ago, RhythmicSkater said:

Is it horrible that I kinda hope Jill has had a hysterectomy? Obviously it would be really traumatic for her and I feel bad for that, but it would also mean about 15 fewer kids born into the cult with dirty Jesus as a parent. They can barely raise the two they have, and nothing short of Jill being physically unable to have more children will stop them. Also, she's alive. Clearly this was another rough delivery; another one might just kill both her and future baby. 

All around icky situation.

I'm sure we'll find out; they're probably going to save it for the season premiere, or use it to drum up excitement a week or two beforehand. 

Yeah, it is horrible to wish that on another woman for any reason at all. Regardless of the fact that they live their lives in the public eye, Jill is a real woman who's really suffering. Yes, we speculate but no one here wishes her harm or true unhappiness. Hysterectomy can be devastating for some women, for Jill it would be world shattering. Have some sympathy.

This type of thinking is something I would expect from a radical fundamentalist.

1 hour ago, RhythmicSkater said:

Is it horrible that I kinda hope Jill has had a hysterectomy? 

Yes, that's an extremely awful thing to hope for another human being. For someone like Jill whose only option in this world and whose worth is dependent on children and being a mother, it's even more so. Her world would be completely shattered and I don't think that an average woman would be able to deal with that situation very well. I can't imagine Jill. 

Derick's bible tweets are like that passive-aggressive friend that everyone has on Facebook, who posts something vague to get attention. 

3 hours ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

lol. my guess at this tween was more along the lines with Derick being anti-trans and probably feeling that Trump's wannabe trans-ban from the armed forces is divinely ordained, or some shit like that....

Yeah I agree Dullard is talking about Trump and his abhorrent plan. 

He would agree it was "meant to be".

As much as I can't stand Jill, I hope she hasn't had a hysterectomy, it would shred her to pieces. Imagine having your whole purpose taken away from you, that would be horrible. Even though Jill could be 1 million other things; this is a Duggar we are talking about.

He could be talking about anything. More kids, no more kids, returning to SCA, not returning, growing his hair, getting a haircut...It's too vague to make anything of it.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived