IGNORED

Joy and Austin: Back in Arkansas?

Coconut Flan

Picture of the newlyweds at a conference. Austin still seems kinda tense in front of the camera. Hope it wears off. 

IMG_5295.JPG

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stressed, tense, uncomfortable for sure.  His jaw is locked and look at his fisted hand.

36 minutes ago, CharlieInCharge said:

Picture of the newlyweds at a conference. Austin still seems kinda tense in front of the camera. Hope it wears off. 

Some people just never will look at ease posed in front of a camera though. For example, years into their marriage, I find that the Duchess of Cambridge's smiles always looks slightly awkward in fully posed shots, but they are amazingly photogenic when candids and video footage is taken of her.

Joy's had years to get used to it, Austin's had a lot less. At least he's apparently smiling, even if it's slightly stilted. He comes across a lot better in live footage than having to smile for the camera. And smiling for posed shots, especially if its for their publicly-available instagram or for fans (I'm not sure where this pic came from) must feel really weird and uncomfortable, even if he put himself into that position by marrying Joy.

(Personal opinions on Joy and Austin notwithstanding.)

1 minute ago, metheglyn said:

Some people just never will look at ease posed in front of a camera though.

My almost 20 year old son comes to mind. He is terrible at posed pictures he looks dorky and or tense, but you catch him on the sly, and he the handsome young man I see every day.

I'm bringing out Schrodinger's uterus, I know, but I'm glad to see no obvious sign of pregnancy yet.  A lot of time you can tell in a woman's face, their nose gets a little puffy and they get dark circles under their eyes because making life is HARD y'all!  (I'm not even kidding about that if you've had a kid you KWIM).  I think she will be like Jill and let everyone know the second the 2nd line pops up, at least on her 1st kid.

Won't blame him for being tense in front of the camera (my husband has exactly the same body language in all of our wedding pics :my_biggrin:) but that pose... It just screams "look at us, the perfect marriage" and makes them look like a couple that has been married for 20 years, not for a couple of months. Actually, this has been bothering me ever since they got married. In one of their recent posts on Instagram,  they said "Married life is amazing". Umm, no, being finally alone and having sexytime is amazing :kitty-shifty: 

13 hours ago, MadeItOut said:

I have to go find this place and the guy there. It sounds amazing!

Right next to Dublin castle, I believe. He knew absolutely everything about his beloved stamps, directed us to a nearby pub for the carrot soup (which was fantastic). The human connection is one of the parts I enjoy most about traveling, especially traveling without a booked up schedule. Ireland was especially fun, got to meet some of the family and got all of the dirt on my Mum, who phrases her time in Ireland as an idyllic summer and very much leaves out the part she was shipped off to get sorted for being a protesting flower child with a boyfriend they thought she was getting too serious with. 

Someone on reddit suggested that his fist is clenched because he is holding in a fart and now I can't see/think anything else. 

15 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

My almost 20 year old son comes to mind. He is terrible at posed pictures he looks dorky and or tense, but you catch him on the sly, and he the handsome young man I see every day.

I'm bringing out Schrodinger's uterus, I know, but I'm glad to see no obvious sign of pregnancy yet.  A lot of time you can tell in a woman's face, their nose gets a little puffy and they get dark circles under their eyes because making life is HARD y'all!  (I'm not even kidding about that if you've had a kid you KWIM).  I think she will be like Jill and let everyone know the second the 2nd line pops up, at least on her 1st kid.

I've got waaay too much procrastination happening right now. Anyways, I found myself double checking Joystin's wedding date. It was a little over 2 months ago, so if there's a honeymoon baby on the horizon, odds are we'll be hearing about it soon. Plus considering Derelict's recent asshole tweeting, the family is now looking for a diversion, and Joy' s pregnancy announcement wouldn't carry the same baggage as the arrival of M5.

I'm with everybody else who would prefer that Joystin waited to get pregnant, but considering their level of indoctrination an announcement is inevitable.

16 hours ago, metheglyn said:

Some people just never will look at ease posed in front of a camera though. For example, years into their marriage, I find that the Duchess of Cambridge's smiles always looks slightly awkward in fully posed shots, but they are amazingly photogenic when candids and video footage is taken of her.

Joy's had years to get used to it, Austin's had a lot less. At least he's apparently smiling, even if it's slightly stilted. He comes across a lot better in live footage than having to smile for the camera. And smiling for posed shots, especially if its for their publicly-available instagram or for fans (I'm not sure where this pic came from) must feel really weird and uncomfortable, even if he put himself into that position by marrying Joy.

(Personal opinions on Joy and Austin notwithstanding.)

My parents have been happily married for over three decades now and if you take a picture of them, my father STILL looks stiffer than a honeymooner's dick. He looks really awkward and uncomfortable in photos, but other than typical "Typical German Stoic-ness", he isn't awkward with my mother at all. There's just something about sticking him in front of a camera and telling him to smile that makes him uncomfortable, and that comes across in the photos. 

I live for the day a Duggar is pictured on instagram in a bar drinking cocktails rather than at another church conference. 

1 hour ago, CoveredInBees said:

I live for the day a Duggar is pictured on instagram in a bar drinking cocktails rather than at another church conference. 

I want to see any of them in a bar with a drink, in a sexy outfit flirting with various members of the sex of their choosing.  Be that a straight bar or a gay bar, but a gay bar would be better because honestly they are more fun IMO. Nicer people and no guys grabbing your ass or trying to molest you on the way to the bathroom. :my_dodgy:

Maybe his system isn't used to Duggar cooking and he's clenching his bowels to hold on to the TTC and chickenetti

On 07/08/2017 at 0:00 PM, CharlieInCharge said:

Austin still seems kinda tense in front of the camera. Hope it wears off. 

My husband looks twnse in pics 33 years later..he gets a forced smile and hunches over..ugh

17 hours ago, Jane M. said:

So no baby announcement yet from those two? 

It's only been 11 weeks, even if she got pregnant on their wedding night they could still be waiting to announce. 

6 hours ago, Bethella said:

It's only been 11 weeks, even if she got pregnant on their wedding night they could still be waiting to announce. 

You're absolutely right. Not everyone is like Jill:pb_lol:

On 7/26/2017 at 10:11 PM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Yeah, I can't say much hubby & I are still like this and we've been married for almost 21 years. We were even worse when we 1st got married.  I'm very demonstrative and touchy feely, after growing up in an emotionally restrictive home where hugs & kisses were more rare than an honest politician. I love yous weren't said and only anger and unhappiness were allowed to be expressed emotionally. Having someone show you physically and demonstratively love is something you crave and quickly become addicted to so you want them nonstop. 

We were fairly demonstrative when we first got married and were not bashful about it either. Way back when, we would go to the family deer lease that was usually reserved for a bunch of men but on occasion it was where the family (his) would go to play in the country. It was a big room with all these beds and they were all twin beds. Each time we would go even after having our two kiddos we picked the twin bed in the corner for the both of us. My MIL would always comment that there was plenty of beds to go around but we would say, We know, but this bed will do us just fine. It drove her crazy. If we still went there we would still do the same thing. And it would still drive her crazy 45 years later.

On 8/9/2017 at 7:31 PM, HOTW said:

My husband looks twnse in pics 33 years later..he gets a forced smile and hunches over..ugh

Mr. 05 never fails to look like he's having a mug shot taken. I am finding that selfies work better as he can actually see how he looks so he looks more relaxed in those. 

But posed formal photos...he looks like a gang member that just got arrested. The only good pics of him from our wedding are the candids. Fortunately, the photographer did an awesome job getting great candids all day. 

On 8/8/2017 at 2:53 PM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I want to see any of them in a bar with a drink, in a sexy outfit flirting with various members of the sex of their choosing.  Be that a straight bar or a gay bar, but a gay bar would be better because honestly they are more fun IMO. Nicer people and no guys grabbing your ass or trying to molest you on the way to the bathroom. :my_dodgy:

If you go to the Fort Rock Family Camp IG,  there is a picture on there of some guys clearly drinking beer ( coor light to be specific).  I know this doesn't mean that the Forsyth family drinks on occasion, but it does point to the fact that they are more tolerant in their views of it or they wouldn't have put that on their IG page.  Perhaps Mr Forsyth sees nothing wrong with cracking open a cold one on a hot day and maybe Mrs Forsyth sips on a nice rose' on occasion?  Not that I care one way or the other if people chose to drink or not, but allowing that on their IG makes me think they are less rigid than the Duggars in somethings.

18 minutes ago, calimojo said:

If you go to the Fort Rock Family Camp IG,  there is a picture on there of some guys clearly drinking beer ( coor light to be specific).

I'm not seeing that anywhere on the instagram page... could you post the photo?

37 minutes ago, calimojo said:

If you go to the Fort Rock Family Camp IG,  there is a picture on there of some guys clearly drinking beer ( coor light to be specific).  I know this doesn't mean that the Forsyth family drinks on occasion, but it does point to the fact that they are more tolerant in their views of it or they wouldn't have put that on their IG page.  Perhaps Mr Forsyth sees nothing wrong with cracking open a cold one on a hot day and maybe Mrs Forsyth sips on a nice rose' on occasion?  Not that I care one way or the other if people chose to drink or not, but allowing that on their IG makes me think they are less rigid than the Duggars in somethings.

Or they want to attract business to their camp and appeal to the general public? I don't see them being less rigid about anything 

Not sure If I am doing this correctly or not

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRgrobqB4fS/?taken-at=327771922

If this is the wrong way to do it, please edit or delete.

Or just go to fortrockfamilycamp IG and when I view the page it is the 7th picture down.

4 minutes ago, Casserole said:

Or they want to attract business to their camp and appeal to the general public? I don't see them being less rigid about anything 

I think that is a fair point, but that still shows somewhat less rigidity.  I could see them allowing alcohol on the premises for private groups, but if they were strongly anti-alcohol then I think they would not put it on their IG page.  I am not saying they are open minded or tolerant or anything, but perhaps on some things they are less rigid.  It certainly seemed as if Papa Forsyth was pretty ok with normal amounts of physical affection with his future daughter in law.  Stiff and wooden JB would never have acted as warmly towards a daughter in law.

3 minutes ago, calimojo said:

Or just go to fortrockfamilycamp IG and when I view the page it is the 7th picture down.

Are you sure that's actually affiliated with Fort Rock Family Camp? I know that guy tagged it as the location, but it doesn't seem to be a Family Camp event. It's not from the Family Camp's instagram account. My guess would be that they rent out cabins to people and can't actually control what they do in said cabins.

5 minutes ago, calimojo said:

The camp is tagged as the location in that pic, but the camp did not post it. Click on the hashtag and look what else the beer drinkers posted!! Definitely not fundie approved. :my_angel:

57 minutes ago, calimojo said:

If you go to the Fort Rock Family Camp IG,  there is a picture on there of some guys clearly drinking beer ( coor light to be specific). 

I figured they wouldn't have allowed alcohol. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived