IGNORED

Aunt Lori Alexander 21: Bringing About Gilead One Doodle at a Time

4 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Earl says:

Anyone know the background on that?

We have an archive of CM posts.  His first appearance is in one of the Ken/Lori ones.  I think it was a Valentine's Day title.   I can't link because I'm on a phone atm

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Earl says:

Anyone know the background on that?

The feminists found him. It was quite terrifying.

1 hour ago, onemama said:

1 hour ago,  BlackSheep said: 

Sign me up to help with gathering info and screen shots, wherever it's going to be done.

I can't figure out how to take screen shots or I would take some of this blog: http://tolovehonorandvacuum.com/2014/08/mark-driscoll-mess-tells-us-marriage/

I opened that link and wow, walls of text from Lori/Ken. Happy to screen shot them once the final home for such things is determined. @AlwaysDiscerning, are those already on your tumblr?

Oh Cabinet Man!  I will always cherish his post that began with these words "The feminists have found us."  It was one of the best days EVER!!  

13 minutes ago, BlackSheep said:

I opened that link and wow, walls of text from Lori/Ken. Happy to screen shot them once the final home for such things is determined. @AlwaysDiscerning, are those already on your tumblr?

No, please submit them. I think there can be multiple homes to store everything.

6 hours ago, Imrlgoddess said:

*snip*

Between my sister and I, my mom has heard some of the drivel that falls from this woman and she just shakes her head.   Her latest comment to me was the Lori needed to go find something to do.  

This is my whole take on Lori.  She's an empathy-challenged empty nester who has pigeonholed herself into this weird and anachronistic submissive housewife role for some reason.  Her blog is the (maybe only) way she has to express herself... with the bonus of feeling superior and holier than anyone else.

I would suggest she try crafting of some kind.  

On second thought, that might not pan out, I don't think creativity is Lori's forte. 

I have quite a few of CM's posts saved in my feed reader.

Just for old times' sake...

CM_feminists.PNG.278617fbd8688f621823e3045d63948d.PNG

So in Lori's video, does she actually say that women shouldn't be in a huff about what other women are wearing? What the heck does she think she is doing?

4 minutes ago, Jucifer said:

This is my whole take on Lori.  She's an empathy-challenged empty nester...

Aunt Lori likes to say she's an 'older woman,' but she strikes me as just an old woman, not necessarily in looks or chronological age, but in her outlook on life, and a bitter old woman at that.  

The above is not intended as an insult to older/old people, I'm over 50 so I'm getting close to it myself!  My MIL is over 80, which most people would consider old, but in spirit she doesn't come across nearly as 'old' as Lori does.  

CM was the one that said you should only let you wife orgasm 80% of the time.  I can't recall his reasoning off the top of my head, but there were reasons 

Thing is, though, most women can't orgasm through PIV alone. They need manual/oral stimulation. Isn't PIV missionary style pretty much the only acceptable method of intercourse, or does it vary??

1 minute ago, SuperNova said:

If we could somehow turn off Lori's "Christian filter" what would her rhetoric sound like? 

A bowlfull of crazy?

3 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

Aunt Lori likes to say she's an 'older woman,' but she strikes me as just an old woman, not necessarily in looks or chronological age, but in her outlook on life, and a bitter old woman at that.  

She's about 5 years older than me. However, her hate, anger and bitterness have aged her beyond her age. She reminds me of she who birthed me who was the same way...anger and bitterness will age you faster than damn near anything else. 

Without the filter?  Racist, sexist, misogynistic, misanthropic, mean spirited, nasty, abusive, judgmental. and so much more. Of course i think she sounds that way now.

Right there with you, delphinium65.  I'm over 50 too and I can't imagine being so mean and stirring shit the way she does. 

No matter what age you are, there are always new people out there to meet, gardens to be planted, and paintings to be painted.

I have friends in their 20s and I like hearing their points of view.

Life is too short to spend your sunset years spewing hate on the internet. 

30 minutes ago, Jucifer said:

Right there with you, delphinium65.  I'm over 50 too and I can't imagine being so mean and stirring shit the way she does. 

No matter what age you are, there are always new people out there to meet, gardens to be planted, and paintings to be painted.

Life is too short to spend your sunset years spewing hate on the internet. 

I've got some real mixed feelings about Aunt Lori. I don't think she deserves any sympathy because she's so determined to share her misery, and force everyone else to be as unhappy as she is. Nevertheless I can't help feeling a tiny stab of pity for her, it has to be a terrible way to live.  

Just realized she said this

" No, these aren’t open forums as they try to convince me; my blog is a teaching blog and I don’t want those who hate the truth to draw others away. "

Then why oh why does she allow commenting at all? Its a teaching blog or lecture blog, don't allow comments at all if its not about discussion. If her word is the final word no comments are needed. It would save her a boatload of time to not have to be sitting around all day monitoring comments to delete. 

But oh wait I know, then she wouldn't get all those words of praise, all the attention, all the ego boosting. That is why she has comments. 

41 minutes ago, Jucifer said:

For me, 50 is closer than I care to think about. That said, I'm totally embracing my grey hairs. I think they look a tad fabulous.

My younger coworkers - 20s and 30s - sometimes are wiser than me in certain matters, and vice versa. We share wisdom as well as humor and insight. The youngest one got me onto Snapchat recently. A complete tutorial from a millennial! We ALL have wisdom and experience to share, regardless of age.

Lori has aged like Emperor Palpatine.  The Dark Side may be powerful, but it is SUPER rough on the skin.  

Lori has a new post up about modesty. It is mostly a rant about how there are so many scantily clad women wherever she goes, and Ken's--I mean "most men's" -- eyes tend to stray.

It is clearly a complaint about Ken looking at women. She even talks about him in the present tense. "He is learning" she says "to look straight ahead." Yes, and I wonder who is teaching him, hmmm? His mother, we are told, did not teach him to bounce his eyes. Of course, it's his mother's fault, he can't change his old habits now, I suppose.

Kind of funny because we went to see Wonder Woman today, for Father's Day. It is well-known that Mr. Hisey admired the old Wonder Woman, and he was pretty interested in seeing what the new one was like. I don't think it was the plot line that intrigued him. It was my idea to get tickets to this show for Father's day, after our dinner plans fell through. I can't imagine trying to live my life trying to control another person's eyes and thoughts. 

25 minutes ago, BlackSheep said:

For me, 50 is closer than I care to think about. That said, I'm totally embracing my grey hairs. I think they look a tad fabulous.

My younger coworkers - 20s and 30s - sometimes are wiser than me in certain matters, and vice versa. We share wisdom as well as humor and insight. The youngest one got me onto Snapchat recently. A complete tutorial from a millennial! We ALL have wisdom and experience to share, regardless of age.

Yeah, I feel privileged to have younger friends. They have different ways of looking at things and they keep me on my toes.

Lori pisses me off more than any other fundie we talk about. :)

I wonder how her family/fellow church members are responding to her recent posts.  Lori has really dialed up the crazy in the last couple of weeks, and it sounds like it's not just online.

I am absolutely appalled that she told the (supposedly immodest) lady at church to move, like she owns the place.  Hell, she doesn't even tithe, much less have a right to decide who sits where.  If she wanted to sit by her friend (which I don't believe), she should have moved!

And then to gossip about her online?  That's just unbelievable, and I have a hard time believing that the other church members are okay with it. You can't convince me that they don't read here (and probably several other places).

Then there's her  recent comments about wanting to paddle other women on the beach (I really can't get over that).   Very strange behavior.  

I'll tell you something else too- I'd bet dollars to donuts they didn't tip the waitress last night. They seem like they'd be the type.

I can honestly say I've spent zero hours of my life worrying about my husband's reactions to scantily clad women. If he looks, he somehow manages to do it discreetly. I doubt I'd care much if I did catch him. Ken sounds like a pervy old man. The kind who kisses relatives when they don't want to be kissed, leers at women on the beach, makes suggestive comments to his co-workers, and is mocked mercilessly behind his back for it. Ick. 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived