IGNORED

Woman on trial for ‘beating man to expel homosexual demons’ admits fuelling mass attack

47of74

Then this happened.

pinknews.co.uk/2017/06/03/woman-on-trial-for-beating-man-to-expel-homosexual-demons-admits-fuelling-mass-attack/

A woman charged with beating a fellow church member to “expel homosexual demons” has admitted to “starting” the mass assault in court.

Sarah Anderson is one of five people on trial for the assault on Matthew Fenner, who was beaten in his church.

Anderson has testified that she told others leaders in the church that she believed the man to be “unclean and sinful”.

Anderson said she then slapped Fenner and Covington and around 30 others joined in, slapping, beating, choking and screaming at the man for two hours.

I hope she goes to jail for a while.

I see the church is now claiming persecution because others are holding them to account for the evil they did.

Wow. I'm still shocked when I hear about things like this. That poor man.  I hope he gets away from that town (if that is his desire) and finds safety and happiness.

And now a juror decided to fuck things up.

http://www.citizen-times.com/story/news/local/2017/06/06/man-charged-harassing-jury-gay-beating-trial/102549256/

A judge held a juror in contempt and declared a mistrial Tuesday in the case of a North Carolina church minister charged in the beating a congregant who says he was attacked to expel his “homosexual demons.”

Superior Court Judge Gary Gavenus immediately sentenced the juror, Terry Shade Jr., to 30 days in jail and a $500 fine. Gavenus said the juror brought in three documents, including one related to North Carolina law, but it wasn’t the right law pertaining to the charges in the case.

Gavenus said he had warned the jurors not to bring in outside material.

When I saw what the juror did, I nearly lost it. And those weren't the only shenanigans at the trial!

Earlier Tuesday, a man was charged with harassing the jurors.

Chad Metcalf, 35, was brought Gavenus in handcuffs after he allegedly told the jury in a hallway to reach a verdict. Deliberations had begun Monday.

“I take this very seriously,” Gavenus told Metcalf.

The juror who was held in contempt was the same one who reported Metcalf’s comment to the judge.

http://www.citizen-times.com/story/news/local/2017/06/06/man-charged-harassing-jury-gay-beating-trial/102549256/

I'm almost of the opinion that they ought to move the venue to Rocky Mount or Greenville (across the state, nearly 300 miles). 

I just hope that Matthew finds peace and love after this whole... thing. And that karma bites the asses of his attackers, because two years in prison for this is not enough. These people are seriously dangerous to everyone around them. 

Well, that sucks. This is pretty local to me. Years ago Word of Faith was near Chesnee, SC, not far from where I used to live, ex still lives, & my kids went to elementary school for a few years. There was a similar case back then involving child abuse & a divorced ex-member trying to get their kids away from the cult. WOF moved across the state line not long after.

A friend of mine went to the wedding of a client there. She was raised atheist & is now Baha'i, her daughter was raised Baha'i, and her husband is a native of Switzerland and is atheist. They were shell-shocked.

We were talking about this Saturday when we went to see Wonder Woman (GO SEE IT! NOW!). My friend said the wedding lasted for hours & included a long sermon about submissive wives, sin, & a lot of uncomfortable talk about sex.

That poor man! It's absolutely appalling what happened to him. I hope justice is served. 

When I read stuff like this, I have to check my calendar to make sure it's still 2017... shockingly, yes. 

This is utterly wrong but when I read "homosexual demons" I think of John Barrowman teaching a fan how to walk in heels or maybe Hugo Weaving in Priscilla Queen of the Desert.

Some fine, classy demons.

Makes me wonder who beat him the hardest and what exactly they were trying to suppress?  I suspect some of those people are so far in the closet they can see Narnia.

Archived