IGNORED

Joe and Kendra: Holding Hands and Saying I Love You

choralcrusader8613

I've been to a friend's wedding in which everyone brought cash/ checks as gifts. In their Asian culture, this is apparently pretty standard.  

Another friend was 30, marrying a rich divorced person, so they had everything for their house in duplicate. Their registry just suggested donations for a specific charity.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, aurora_boo said:

Remind me not to go to your wedding. People spend enough to go to these things, I'm not ponying up cash for people who think they deserve it.You should be looking after (feeding/watering/entertaining) your guests.

Sorry Americans - you're weird. It seems you feel obliged to pay for other people's nuptials.  (strange, since you baulk at contributing to other people's health!!!)

While we deserve the snark about health care, I'm not so sure I get the clap back for the non registry comment. I get what the previous poster was getting at, she doesn't need stuff you traditionally register for, so why ask for it?  

2 hours ago, karen77 said:

Not Oct 7!! that is my son's birthday!

Really? Snap! My younger surviving son's birthday too.

That's a really cute picture, bravo! Joe could do with a new razor though. Perhaps they can add that to their registry. 

On 6/25/2017 at 8:04 PM, Destiny said:

Preach it my sister. My last MacBook was 8 and I still sold her for 250 dollars and she still ran like a champ.

I have been buying Macs since 1996, and have never owned a new one. Wait, once, but only sort of. They have all been either refurbished from Apple, or used from a private owner. But our Bondi Blue iMac was a quick return/refurbish deal, and was only a couple months old. The MacBook I'm typing on is a mid-2012 that I got from a friend last autumn for $250. She wanted more power. 

Joe's tshirt, ugh. Is that Jason chaperoning or Jedidiah?

Who is the sister? Perhaps it's a double date? :my_angel: Must be weird to be out with Jed chaperoning. That would just be weird if the rumors are true. 

1 hour ago, Chewing Gum said:

Who is the sister? Perhaps it's a double date? :my_angel: Must be weird to be out with Jed chaperoning. That would just be weird if the rumors are true. 

That would be Kendra's sister, Lauren, I think. 

I envy all of you with your successful mac book stories. Mine is just three years old, and the trackpad has completely crapped out. Apple said it would cost up to $300 to replace, which I don't currently have. Shamless plug!! If anyone has had this problem or any advice I'd appreciate it- please PM me!!! Apple Support's advice was to wash my hands and wipe of the track pad (didn't work...).

Also, if that date (10/7) on the registry is right, I'll share my anniversary date with them. But honestly it doesn't bother me like some people say- it was the best day regardless of it being shared with a Duggar related event. 

This leads to a question I've wondered about. In super uber fundie families, do both families need to provide a chaperone for dates? We know the girls have more in purity culture to lose (at least as far as their community believes), but a boy might lose heart pieces or even try to kiss. Might both the Duggars and the Caldwell's need to provide a chaperone to ensure that (strike type) their standards- the couple's standards are upheld?

I'm sorry, I know I'm terrible for saying this about poor young Kendra, but she......kind of looks like an over excited squirrel:my_confused:
Maybe chipmunk is more accurate?

Her sister got her Dad's good looks.

Again, I know you all will shame me, but I've been watching the show and I can't hold back any longer!
Put her next to Joe's sister's and.......well, it's just a shame, considering how much women are judged on their appearances and how attractive they are in their world.

And again, she is far far far too young. And not necessarily in age! I mean mentally, as she has been kept as a perpetual pre-teen for her whole life up to this point. I've met 14, 15, 16 year olds who are more mature than her.

As many have discussed earlier, people get married at 18 or quite young and they are perfectly well adjusted and happy.
But she just seems like a 12 year old who is getting attention from the first male ever other than "Daddy", mixed with hormones she hardly even knows what to do with....it's so creepy......*sigh*

3 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

This leads to a question I've wondered about. In super uber fundie families, do both families need to provide a chaperone for dates? We know the girls have more in purity culture to lose (at least as far as their community believes), but a boy might lose heart pieces or even try to kiss. Might both the Duggars and the Caldwell's need to provide a chaperone to ensure that (strike type) their standards- the couple's standards are upheld?

I think that, normally, the female's family would provide the chaperones. The Duggars are another level of weird though - likely because of Josh Duggar (who is the absolute worst) - so they may provide chaperones as well to be positive no sinful premarital front hugging happens.

2 hours ago, Chewing Gum said:

This was from their trip to Silver Dollar City. The group was large, not just the 4 of them. I think a double date would still require a chaperone.

I would think that it's either couple's family members to be a chaperone because in this latest episode it's just Austin's dad.

My entire public school life, we used Macs desktops and laptops for classes so it was a no brainier when I got to college 5 years ago that I would want to use one too. My spoiled brat moment is when I cried and threw a small tantrum because my dad wanted to pay $150-200 for a PC one but my mom got him to caved and got me a mac. I apologized obviously! It still works pretty well and I really haven't had many issues with it. My sister on the other hand got that 200$ PC and it just barley made it to her junior year of college, and she replaced it with the same cheap model and that barely lasted 2 years (she is also pretty careless with electronics too).

1 hour ago, MsSaylor said:

Is that jason or jed? Im usually really good at telling Dugs apart but im not sure?!

I always thought that if Lauren is in a courtship with a Duggar it would be Jedediah, but in the picutre it's Jason. Hm... interesting.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and all that. I always think Kendra is really cute when I see her. She has a youthful face that will probably serve her well in later years.

Interesting, i do think Lauren is being trotted as a possible spouse but who knows if it will take or not. I think they do a lot of hanging out with families with similarly aged kids with the same beliefs to see what develops and that is whats happening with the Caldwell family.

33 minutes ago, MsSaylor said:

Interesting, i do think Lauren is being trotted as a possible spouse but who knows if it will take or not. I think they do a lot of hanging out with families with similarly aged kids with the same beliefs to see what develops and that is whats happening with the Caldwell family.

I was thinking the exact same thing. It's a little bit like the fundie version of a dubtaunt ball.

1 hour ago, candygirl200413 said:

I would think that it's either couple's family members to be a chaperone because in this latest episode it's just Austin's dad.

I think it also depends on WHO is doing the chaperoning. A parent from either family I would assume is sufficient for both sides, but a sibling from one side might make the other family want to send another one "just to be safe". 

I wonder who took the pics of Joe & Kendra? They are cute but she makes Joy look like a mature adult. She has such a baby face, it's her chubby cheeks that does it. My BFF's daughter has round chubby cheek thing, like this and at 22 she still looks 12 and she hates it.  I give her crap about it all the time, because I can.  I think Kendra is adorable, and YOUNG, very very young. 

1 hour ago, VineHeart137 said:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and all that. I always think Kendra is really cute when I see her. She has a youthful face that will probably serve her well in later years.

My face is "full" also.  A few weeks ago someone almost fell out in the floor when they realized my oldest child is about to be 27.  They thought I was about 30 myself.  I'll take that!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived