IGNORED

Trump 19: Please Cry for Us Montenegro (and We Are so Sorry!)

Destiny

Omg I have been singing Rainbow Tour in my head since Trumpiebutt said it was a success. Omg. Thank youuuuuuu.

"More bad news from Rome; she met with the Pope
She only got a rosary, a kindly word
I wouldn't say the Holy Father gave her the bird..."

"But more important current political thought is
Your wife's a phenomenal asset, your trump card..."

"You'd better get out the flags and fix a parade
Some kind of coming home in triumph is required."

"Would Evita win through? And the answer is Yes, and No, and Yes, and No, and Yes.... (tsk tsk... No.)

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Fits Hannity to a tee...:my_biggrin:

Hannity's very proud to declare that he's NOT a journalist!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/sean-hannity-not-a-journalist_us_570fc4f3e4b0ffa5937e6cd2

Fox News host Sean Hannity responded on Wednesday to accusations that he has gone too easy on Donald Trump and other Republican presidential contenders with a revealing degree of candor.

“If I’m interviewing Hillary Clinton, it’s gonna be a hundred times harder than any Republican, because I believe the Republicans represent, and have, a far better vision, one that I agree with,” Hannity said on his radio program, “The Sean Hannity Show.” “I just have less disagreement with ‘em.”

“I’m not a journalist, I’m a talk show host,” he went on.

Hannity, one of the most influential conservative media personalities in the country, makes no secret of his viewpoint. But it is somewhat unusual to hear him admit that he does not even consider himself a journalist.

He was responding to criticism set off by a ThinkProgress report on Monday, stating the host has interviewed Donald Trump 41 times since the real estate mogul announced his presidential candidacy. The report argues that coverage like Hannity’s has helped Trump succeed in the primaries despite an Associated Press poll showing that 70 percent of the public view him negatively. 

Trump ‘gaining weight’ and ‘emotionally withdrawing’ as Russia probe swamps White House: report

This makes me beyond frustrating. The man is continually fucking up this country and feeling just SO sad. Fuck this asshole.

Donald Trump is “emotionally withdrawing” and gaining weight as the FBI investigation into possible collusion between his campaign and the Russian government creeps closer to the Oval Office.

As he returns from his mercurial trip abroad, the president is forced to deal with the fallout from news that members of his inner circle, including son-in-law and “Secretary of Everything” Jared Kushner is a person of interest in the FBI probe.

CNN’s Gloria Borger reports the president was already “in a pretty glum mood” when he set out for a multi-day blitz through Europe and the Middle East. But now he faces even more legal woes after reports revealed Kushner tried to establish a backchannel line of communication between the Trump transition team and the Kremlin. He’s even brought on his longtime personal attorney, Marc Kasowitz, who will “supervise” the president’ legal team.

One source told Borger Trump’s major misstep was firing former FBI Director James Comey, which ultimately resulted int he appointment of special counsel Robert Mueller.

“Allowing a special counsel to happen was idiocy,” a Trump ally told Borger. “Special counsels never end well.”

Commenting on the White House’s less-than-strategic handling of all matters Russia, another ally remarked, “These guys don’t play chess. They play checkers.”

The culmination of distracting and damaging scandals at the White House have caused the president to withdraw from others, a source told CNN.

“He now lives within himself, which is a dangerous place for Donald Trump to be,” a confidante said. ”I see him emotionally withdrawing. He’s gained weight. He doesn’t have anybody whom he trusts.”

And as the president receives conflicting advice from aides and officials, there’s concern over whether the president will even listen to the information. “No one is giving him the landscape—this is how it works, this is what you should do or not do,” a friend told Borger. “And no one has enough control—or security—to do that.”

Report Advertisement

Instead, the president hopes for a magic bullet to quell the Russia scandal.

“He’s sitting there saying, like he does with everything, ‘You guys work for me. Fix this,’” a source said.

22 minutes ago, nvmbr02 said:

But her emails???

I hope everyone gave Trump the same number:  the local adult bookstore.

On 5/28/2017 at 6:05 PM, onekidanddone said:

He has the best leaks the BEST.

On 5/28/2017 at 6:22 PM, Destiny said:

Tremendous leaks!

:waving hand:  Oh! Oh! ... Don't forget about his Very Good Brain!

Trump responded, “I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things."

1 hour ago, candygirl200413 said:

Trump ‘gaining weight’ and ‘emotionally withdrawing’ as Russia probe swamps White House: report

This makes me beyond frustrating. The man is continually fucking up this country and feeling just SO sad. Fuck this asshole.

(First post here, hope I'm not doin' anything wrong) I've been talking about this with some friends of mine, I honestly wonder if the stress of the job will kick Trump out of office before the voters do. That picture of him in the article makes him seem very unhealthy.

16 minutes ago, ALM7 said:
:waving hand:  Oh! Oh! ... Don't forget about his Very Good Brain!
Trump responded, “I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things."

I can't even with the shit that comes out of his mouth. I forget how to words pretty regularly and I speak more intelligently.

Edit: welcome @gunlord500! We can only hope. Terrifying as Pence is, he's less likely to permafuck international relations. I hope. 

Thanks for the welcome! Yeah, as bad as Pence may be, he at least seem more stable and less mercurial, which means we're less likely to dump NATO or invade North Korea on a whim :P

5 minutes ago, gunlord500 said:

Thanks for the welcome! Yeah, as bad as Pence may be, he at least seem more stable and less mercurial, which means we're less likely to dump NATO or invade North Korea on a whim :P

I don't ask for much. Just a president that doesn't scare me every fucking day.

@gunlord500 welcome!! and I was thinking that too, like I feel like once they get close to giving him charges, he'll be like I'm exhausted and over it so no.

Also Pence, remember everyone he is a big ass snake who sucks just as much but can appear physically not as unhinged. Also him as a governor was horrendous.

25 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

@gunlord500 welcome!! and I was thinking that too, like I feel like once they get close to giving him charges, he'll be like I'm exhausted and over it so no.

Also Pence, remember everyone he is a big ass snake who sucks just as much but can appear physically not as unhinged. Also him as a governor was horrendous.

Yeah. On the one hand, Pence is a better legislator who would be more likely to actually get some of his plans passed through. On the other hand, he's also fairly unlikable; his own state loathes him and the far-right "Pepe/Kekistan/Alt-Right" types consider him a milquetoast, so if he does become President I wonder if his and his party's position would be much weaker.

I realize in the grand scheme of things a silly tweet is not something to get crazy over but I have this picture of 45 being tackled by an aide midtweet and keep giggling at the mental picture.  Also, people are hilarious. That is all. 

7 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

Do they have to have a law enforcement background? Going by TT's other appointments knowledge of the position was not a prerequisite. So I'm thinking Michelle Duggar.

Like me, she lacks the appropriate appendages.

5 hours ago, JMarie said:

I hope everyone gave Trump the same number:  the local adult bookvideostore.

FTFY. He doesn't read...

4 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

I don't know why I find it so funny, but "covfefe" has really made me laugh tonight.

The entire nation needs covfefe.  Love this tweet:  "Ask if covfefe is right for you." 

But this is my all time fave from the official Merrriam Webster account: 

Screenshot 2017-05-31 at 6.42.32 AM.png

4 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

I don't know why I find it so funny, but "covfefe" has really made me laugh tonight.

I read about the tweet whilst sat in my local Asda cafe this morning. Folk gave me some odd looks when I burst out laughing. There is something Pythonesqe about it. Just not sure what!!

4 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Like me, she lacks the appropriate appendages.

FTFY. He doesn't read...

He does appreciate pictures and diagrams though.......,,,

10 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

snip

Commenting on the White House’s less-than-strategic handling of all matters Russia, another ally remarked, “These guys don’t play chess. They play checkers.”

snip

I was thinking they play pin the tail on the donkey, checkers would be above their level.

9 hours ago, gunlord500 said:

(First post here, hope I'm not doin' anything wrong) I've been talking about this with some friends of mine, I honestly wonder if the stress of the job will kick Trump out of office before the voters do. That picture of him in the article makes him seem very unhealthy.

Welcome! I've wondered if he might be sliding towards a heart attack (assuming he has a heart) or a stroke.

"Trump’s aides are starting to rival their boss when it comes to praising him"

Spoiler

To most observers, President Trump’s first overseas trip was either a moderate success that was at times overshadowed by viral GIFs or a disaster that damaged the United States’ relationships with longtime European allies.

But as Trump and his aides tell it, this was the most successful, most historic, most well-received foreign trip ever embarked on by a U.S. president.

“It truly was an extraordinary week for America and our people,” White House press secretary Sean Spicer said Tuesday afternoon as he kicked off a gushing recap to reporters that lasted roughly nine minutes and featured the word “historic” a half-dozen times.

Spicer channeled his boss as he declared that Trump’s speech to leaders of more than 50 Arab and Muslim nations “was a historic turning point that people will be talking about for years to come” and “was met with nearly universal praise.” He claimed that the president single-handedly “united the civilized world in the fight against terrorism and extremism” and that his meetings at the Group of Seven summit in Sicily “were marked by outstanding success.”

“We’ve never seen before at this point in a presidency such sweeping reassurance of American interests and the inauguration of a foreign policy strategy designed to bring back the world from growing dangers and perpetual disasters brought on by years of failed leadership,” Spicer said.

Trump’s aides often exaggerate on his behalf — such as when Spicer insisted in January that the president’s inauguration crowd was the largest ever — but Tuesday’s monologue seemed to venture into new territory for even the Trump administration.

Spicer’s press room paean to his boss prompted rounds of mocking and alarm on Twitter and from cable-news pundits, some of whom compared this breathless praise to North Korean propaganda promoting the Dear Leader.

But Spicer isn’t the only White House staffer lavishing praise on Trump.

Over the weekend, White House National Economic Council Director Gary Cohn — who was the second-in-command at Goldman Sachs before joining the White House — declared the president’s economic development deal with Saudi Arabia to be unlike anything he had seen in his 30 years in business. And Hope Hicks defended the president against accusations that he demeans his staff, issuing a lengthy statement for The Washington Post that read, in part: “President Trump has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him. He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people. . . . He is brilliant with a great sense of humor.”

It is no secret that the president has been unhappy with his media operation — communications director Mike Dubke announced Tuesday that he is stepping down, and there are reports that Spicer’s role could soon be reduced — and these Trumpian comments seem to indicate that his staff is now directly passing along the president’s thoughts without any vetting or editing.

“Ultimately, the best messenger is the president himself,” Spicer said at the briefing. “He’s always proven that he is the best messenger — not just for what he wants to articulate, but that the American people resoundingly chose him as their president because he understands the frustrations and concerns and values of the American people. And he is probably the best person to communicate that.”

But this approach often forces aides to make outlandish claims that simply draw attention to the weak points of Trump’s trip or time in office instead of the highlights, said Mike Murphy, a longtime GOP consultant who ran the political action committee for Jeb Bush’s failed presidential campaign. He compared the exaggerations to North Korean propaganda.

“It’s insecure, over-the-top,” Murphy said. “I call it Great Leader-esque.”

Tommy Vietor, who was a spokesman for President Barack Obama, said former Obama press secretary Robert Gibbs once gave him this advice: “The first rule of spin is that it has to be believable.”

The claims coming from Trump’s spokespeople just are not, and saying the words out loud makes Spicer, and others, “look like an idiot,” Vietor said.

“It’s baffling, because it doesn’t convince anyone. It doesn’t serve anyone to insist that black is white, that down is up, or that Donald Trump is this warm and fuzzy guy,” Vietor said, referring to Hicks’s statement. “I mean, his tag ­line is: ‘You’re fired.’ ”

Spicer’s deference to the president continued as he took questions from reporters on Tuesday.

On the search for a new FBI director, Spicer said: “The president is the ultimate decision-maker. When he makes a decision as to who he believes is best to lead the FBI, he will let us know.”

On concerns that the relationship with Germany has become strained, as expressed in Chancellor Angela Merkel’s remarks suggesting that Europe cannot rely as much on the United States as it once did: “I think the relationship that the president has had with Merkel, he would describe as fairly unbelievable. They get along very well.”

On whether the president has been meeting with lawyers to discuss the investigation into ties between his campaign and Russia: “The president has a lot of meetings. If the president has a decision on anything, we’ll be sure to let you know.”

On the president’s position on climate change: “I can’t say. I haven’t asked him. I can get back to you. I don’t know. I honestly haven’t asked him that specific question.”

As the discussion shifted to how Trump is communicating with the country, the press secretary insisted that the president is “very pleased with the work of his staff” and denounced “fake news.”

This brought protests from reporters seeking examples of “fake news” and a back-and-forth with Spicer that seemed to leave no one in the room satisfied.

“The reason that the president is frustrated is because there’s a perpetuation of false narratives, a use of unnamed sources over and over again about things that are happening that don’t ultimately happen,” Spicer said, “and I think that is troubling.”

He then ended the briefing.

Sycophant, thy name is Drumpf-staffer.

I actually don't find "covfefe" funny.

It's still unbelievable to me that POTUS can tweet any darn thing with no filter at any time - and this is evidence that something in his brain is slipping even further. And this person wants world leaders to call his personal cell phone? Scary.

(And yes, I know I make typos - spelling and grammar - at times in my text messages and FB posts and even FJ posts, but this...)

Aside: I agree that he looks terrible, JUST TERRIBLE. Had to ride a golf cart while the other leaders walked. Wonder what happened to that STAMINA that he had and Hillary didn't?

Just read the article about TT gaining weight. I can see where his job will affect his health. I can see a stroke, heart attack or mental breakdown. I wonder what will happen when Melania and Barron move in to the white house? Melania may hire a babysitter for him!

But @Penny and @GreyhoundFan, Trump is the healthiest and most fit President ever! Remember the glowing report released by his "doctor" last summer or fall? He was the strongest, healthiest, most vigorous candidate ever! He even would have left Teddy Roosevelt in the dust. 

Reporting that Trump is tired or gaining weight? That's just "Fake News".

Sarcasm font off now. I feel like I'm living in sarcasm font these days.

And Jennifer Rubin has yet another great column - is Trump a Russian spy?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2017/05/31/would-a-spy-for-russia-be-acting-any-differently/?utm_term=.55b5d0627123#comments

Spoiler

I’ll posit that President Trump is not a Manchurian candidate, prepped and lodged in the highest office to betray America. That said, his behavior is really no different from what one would expect — or Russia would expect — from a planted agent. It does not mean Trump is a planted agent; it means Russia has been so successful in getting the results it wants without accomplishing any cinematic-worthy spy escapade as to mark this as among the most successful intelligence schemes in history.

Former FBI special agent Clint Watts, whose testimony in March laid out the most comprehensive look at the array of tools Russia used to influence our election, has a handy chart that explains a spectrum of individuals who may be of use to Russia’s intelligence services. The continuum ranges from “natural ally” (“Trump’s alignment with nearly every Russian foreign policy objective grew in increments, eerily coinciding with the entrance of key aides and advocates into his campaign, not through his own study”) to “useful idiot” (“Russian intelligence for decades identified and promoted key individuals around the world ripe for manipulation and serving their interests. Trump, similar to emerging alternative right European politicians, spouts populist themes of xenophobia, anti-immigration, and white nationalist pride that naturally bring about a retrenchment of U.S. global influence”) to “compromised” (this would match the latest news leak that Russians thought they had compromising information on Trump’s finances) to “Manchurian candidate” (“a deliberate plant commanded by the Russian government, aided during the campaign with both a hacking-influence campaign – equipped with key Russian advisors – and funding to help him take the White House”).

Just in the last couple of weeks we saw:

Trump create a flap by lecturing our European allies and refusing to confirm our Article 5 obligations in public.

Trump attack Germany for its trade (which is entirely legitimate and benefits both countries), a practice he continued after he returned from Europe.

Trump give Russian officials code-word classified intelligence, thereby creating doubt among our allies as to our reliability and impairing information sharing.

No one in the Trump administration deny the basic outline of the blockbuster story, namely that he had not disclosed secret contacts with Russians that involved the potential for a secret channel, which Russia, but not U.S. intelligence services, could monitor.

Trump’s chummy interchange with Russian officials in the White House, which could not have been more different than his awkward, frosty meetings with European allies.

The more help Trump extends to Russia’s interests and the more inexplicable conduct comes to light (e.g., Jared Kushner looking for a Russian-secured channel) the harder it is to believe Trump isn’t, at the very least, a useful idiot. Months before the revelations over the last two weeks or so, Watts wrote: “Trump’s loose style of alliances and tactical actions make him ideally suited for the “Useful Idiot” scenario of Russian influence as he takes on advisors and positions based on perceived loyalty, yet without a clear understanding of his advisors connections to Russia. Any traditional politician would have sensed the danger implicit in surrounding oneself with people so closely connected to Putin’s intelligence agents.”

By whatever means, Russia has reaped unexpected and unparalleled benefits from Trump’s presidency. One can attribute all these individual actions to luck or coincidence, I suppose. But Trump has yet to take a single action nor have a single public interchange that harmed Russia’s interests. You’d think by the law of averages he’d once in a while stumble into a position that put him fundamentally at odds with Russia. That, however, has not occurred. Nor has it been possible for respected advisers to keep him from giving Russians intelligence data, sowing discord with allies and employing his son-in-law, whose contacts with the Russians seem curiouser and curiouser each day.

Makes ya think.

Yay, they're back!

How I love these memes...

Covfefe?  What the fuck?  Is that like coffee?  Or some sort of beer that I'm not aware of.

I wonder if Chancellor Merkel has upped her beer intake after TT's misadventures in Europe along with this covfefe tweet?

AMDrinking.jpg.d73b8a3591ed5fbab1d0769ad92a5ddb.jpg

• Coconut Flan locked and unlocked this topic
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived