IGNORED

Joy and Austin: It's Official

Coconut Flan

7 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wonder if any of the other adult Bates kids decided to stay home and go to the local wedding instead of driving all the way to AR. Alyssa and Michael had to drive to TN to Andrea Warren's wedding so you would think some of the family would want to stay home and visit with them and go to the local wedding instead. 

The Duggar airplane has been going back and forth to TN all weekend so I'd wager JD is taking them all back and forth. 

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked the long necklaces with the dresses, but they didn't look very bridesmaid-y. Which might not be a bad thing? They're very versatile. I could wear a dress like that pretty much anywhere, to a party, an event, to work...  You can dress them up or down as much as you want. I think these are my favourite bridesmaids dresses yet.

1 minute ago, Casserole said:

The Duggar airplane has been going back and forth to TN all weekend so I'd wager JD is taking them all back and forth. 

It's a small plane though right? I can't imagine him making many trips back and forth just for all the Bates family to attend. I can understand him picking up Joy's BFF and Gil and Kelly. But not Zachary and Whitney's family. 

3 minutes ago, Casserole said:

I just posted the same thing in the Michael and Brandon thread.  It wouldn't surprise me at all if this was what he was doing.

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It's a small plane though right? I can't imagine him making many trips back and forth just for all the Bates family to attend. I can understand him picking up Joy's BFF and Gil and Kelly. But not Zachary and Whitney's family. 

It's their most recently purchased plane which seats 10-12 passengers, so depending on who attended/significant others/grandbabies, two trips might have gotten them all, three at the most. 

We know Lawson was at the wedding due to his social media, and we also know he was back in TN the very next day.  I'd forgotten about the plane.  It's totally feasible for them to have flown the Bates fam in and back for the wedding.  

Also as stated before Zach/Whitney, Chad/Erin all have families and might have just preferred to stay home. They're a bit older and married. Whereas Lawson isn't courting yet and generally likes to be seen. It's a bit different. 

I don't mind the bridesmaid dresses! :) 

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It looks like Michael and Alyssa Bates didn't make it to Joy's wedding because they were in a wedding on Saturday (per Michael's instagram). 

Andrea's dress was lovely -- lots of shoulder baring so  less fundie.  Made me glad that they were bridesmaids for someone slightly less repressed. And I thought Alyssa looked gorgeous in her bridesmaid dress.

1 hour ago, foreign fundie said:

Depends what life you talk about. Cows apparently do not count as 'life'. But somehow in their restaurant eating slaughtered cows benefits other life forms. They could call it 'Tacos for human life' or 'eat cow safe baby' to be more consistent. 

thank you fellow non consumer of carcass <3

(I'm assuming)

So from photos so far we can surmise that the bridesmaids were:

1. Jana
2. Jill
3. Jessa
4. Jinger
5. Johannah
6. Jennifer
7. Anna (no photos, assuming)
8. Carlin (no photos, assuming)
9. Kendra
10. Sierra

That makes it an even 10. Josie wore a navy dress, no clue if it's a flower girl dress and no sign of what Jordyn and Meredith wore yet.

I like the bridesmaids dresses as casual dresses, but they're not fancy enough for a wedding, imo. I have a dress that looks just like that (except in teal) from Forever 21.

Sierra must have been jazzed. Finally IN a Duggar wedding

2 hours ago, Chewing Gum said:

There you go: (just copy/paste the url in your browser;

This is the good picture?! Ok ... all I see are the shoes (or no shoes) Sierra wore those shoes as a bridesmaid?

I know the Duggars have weird shoe "styles" but come on ... 

10 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I like the bridesmaids dresses as casual dresses, but they're not fancy enough for a wedding, imo. I have a dress that looks just like that (except in teal) from Forever 21.

Sierra must have been jazzed. Finally IN a Duggar wedding

I agree. The dresses are nice and simple, but not for a wedding, and definitely not for bridesmaid dresses. 

36 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

So from photos so far we can surmise that the bridesmaids were:

8. Carlin (no photos, assuming)

Carlin posted this photo on Friday. I do not know what the exterior of the particular church looks like, but that's a very likely backdrop for this picture. Meaning she is not a bridesmaid which would surprise me. Unless she subscribes to her parents' and the Duggar's method of posting photos in any random order, with zero regard to timeline or what you're currently doing. 

Do fundies have rehearsal dinners? I guess it could be a rehearsal photo posted the next day. Or, since it is navy, I guess it could be her super special MOH dress? But I'm leaning more towards hereunto being in the bridal party. 

6 minutes ago, Casserole said:

Carlin posted this photo on Friday. I do not know what the exterior of the particular church looks like, but that's a very likely backdrop for this picture. Meaning she is not a bridesmaid which would surprise me. Unless she subscribes to her parents' and the Duggar's method of posting photos in any random order, with zero regard to timeline or what you're currently doing.

Do fundies have rehearsal dinners? I guess it could be a rehearsal photo posted the next day. 

Yes my guess is that's the rehearsal dinner

I also think, that the bridesmaids' dresses look too casual for a wedding. 

But on the other hand they are so much Joy. I rather prefer her choosing something she likes than something others expect. 

(Hope that makes sense :my_confused:?) 

13 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

thank you fellow non consumer of carcass <3

(I'm assuming)

Uhhh... I am not a vegitarian (although our family does not eat a lot of meat).  I really like cows (and chickens) and want them to have a good life, even if they are eaten at the end of it. I believe livestock are not 'products' but they have a personality and deserve respect and care. I am still learning how to be a responsible consumer in my current context. 

Anyway, when I think of 'life', in my mind that includes plants, wildlife, livestock and ecosystems. So I did think it a bit ironic to call a taco place 'for life'. (Even though giving meals to hungry children is obviously a good thing.) 

Also I am dismayed at how pro-life is often so narrowly defined as 'pro-unborn human life', and is associated with pro-gun, anti health care and anti environmental care, all of which lead to death. As if it is not this planet's life which sustains ours, or as if human life is less worthy of protection after birth.

Just uploaded by Derick. 

Have to say, I like the dress. Not getting the lacy, doily bit on the arm though. 

IMG_0285.PNG

Joy, married. I'm sorry to hear it, but wasn't expecting her to fly the coop, either.

I was married at 18, a mother at 19- not fundy, but Irish/Italian RC in 'the old neighborhood'.

I heartily DON'T recommend it. I have to say there were other girls I grew up with who did the same, and were just fine.

I hope she's happy and that they're good together.

4 hours ago, Bushes of Love said:

Just uploaded by Derick. 

Have to say, I like the dress. Not getting the lacy, doily bit on the arm though.

'Patient access'?

2 minutes ago, Lizzybet said:

'Patient access'?

An app I was on before I clicked on the notification that Derick posted something. I couldn't be arsed to edit/crop the picture lol. 

So, Jillie's dress is long and has a doily. Does that translate to special in the Duggar World? 

And she's wearing flip flops. 

But since she was barefoot at her own wedding, this is a step up. 

I wish there were more photos, but I bet they're coming. I can't tell if every dress length was different for the bridesmaids. I like the color, but not the dress itself. A little too casual for my personal tastes.

Just now, season of life said:

I wish there were more photos, but I bet they're coming. I can't tell if every dress length was different for the bridesmaids. I like the color, but not the dress itself. A little too casual for my personal tastes.

I'm leaning towards Jill having a different dress due to combination of Matron of Honor and being massively pregnant.

8 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

So, Jillie's dress is long and has a doily. Does that translate to special in the Duggar World? 

It may translate into ... what's the closest dress we can find that fits a pretty large baby bump for Mother of the Bride Matron of Honour!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived