IGNORED

Joy and Austin: It's Official

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, likejana86 said:

hi i'm new here,,,i'm italian ,sorry if i make a lot of mistakes

the wedding seems like a birthday party,why???i like the blue theme.no new pictures yet??

they look like best friend at prom.not husband and wife.

now where they go to live???at jbob??

Welcome! Don't worry about mistakes. I make mistakes all the time. :)

No new photos yet. The blue is a very lovely shade and looks nice with the orange color. The Duggars tend to have more relaxed and laid back wedding receptions. They also don't believe in dancing or drinking - that's why their receptions can seem more like a birthday party to those of us not used to that.

They do look like they're heading to prom. Especially Joy. 

No clue where they'll be living. It wouldn't surprise me if they move close to his parents though - they run a family camp (Fort Rock) and it wouldn't surprise us if Austin and Joy help out there.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Welcome! Don't worry about mistakes. I make mistakes all the time. :)

No new photos yet. The blue is a very lovely shade and looks nice with the orange color. The Duggars tend to have more relaxed and laid back wedding receptions. They also don't believe in dancing or drinking - that's why their receptions can seem more like a birthday party to those of us not used to that.

They do look like they're heading to prom. Especially Joy. 

No clue where they'll be living. It wouldn't surprise me if they move close to his parents though - they run a family camp (Fort Rock) and it wouldn't surprise us if Austin and Joy help out there.

thank you!!!this wedding happened too fast....austin has a job over there???

26 minutes ago, likejana86 said:

thank you!!!this wedding happened too fast....austin has a job over there???

Austin it is said remodels home and resellls them, called flipping. This could be his main source of income and would not be a bad one at all. What else he does I have not heard mentioned. I want to know if he then has his own home and I guess we will find that out eventually, unless they live at his family's retreat/ranch place. 

21 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Austin it is said remodels home and resellls them, called flipping. This could be his main source of income and would not be a bad one at all. What else he does I have not heard mentioned. I want to know if he then has his own home and I guess we will find that out eventually, unless they live at his family's retreat/ranch place. 

Could Flip or Flop: Arkansas be in the cards with HGTV? Ugh! 

I am equal parts disgusted with myself and intrigued. It would be nice to see someone in the duggar (extended) family do some actual work...

18 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Yes, it does seem that Austin actually breaks a sweat. For that I commend him. 

Let just hope he keeps it up, unlike DerWreck who joined team grift when he married Jill. 

If those blue dresses are in fact the bridesmaids' dresses, those are probably my favorite Duggar bridesmaids' dresses thus far. I actually kind of want one for myself (and I'm not even much of a dress wearer). 

I can forgive these ladies for choosing colors that don't match the season. Since they're expected to have such short engagements, they don't really get to choose what season they want to get married in. Maybe Joy spent her whole life dreaming of a fall wedding but she got engaged in winter/spring so that means a spring/summer wedding. Plus, as someone who is completely clueless as to what colors (or types of flowers) "go with" which season, my wedding would probably end up looking out of season, too. 

Hmm JB could have many uses for a handy son in law......... he could assimilate easily into the DuggarBorg

Hopefully whatever he does is too well established for JB to get his claws in.

How far away does he live? probably not far enough ;) 

3 minutes ago, O Latin said:

If those blue dresses are in fact the bridesmaids' dresses, those are probably my favorite Duggar bridesmaids' dresses thus far. I actually kind of want one for myself (and I'm not even much of a dress wearer). 

I can forgive these ladies for choosing colors that don't match the season. Since they're expected to have such short engagements, they don't really get to choose what season they want to get married in. Maybe Joy spent her whole life dreaming of a fall wedding but she got engaged in winter/spring so that means a spring/summer wedding. Plus, as someone who is completely clueless as to what colors (or types of flowers) "go with" which season, my wedding would probably end up looking out of season, too. 

I really like the dresses too, I'm just distracted by all the long necklaces the bridesmaids wore. It would look better if they all had ghe same necklace, or at least all wore gold or all wore siver. If I'm remembering correctly from the photos, some had gold while others har silver, then some didn't even have a long necklace. 

All we can hope now is for the best. Being young and getting married isn't a sentence to breed. The one thing I can see in their favor is they are both relatively young and there is a lot of changing that happens at that young age.  Hopefully, she gets to move away and gets to have her own things. And Austin only came from a family of 2, he doesn't truly understand what it means to have a mega family (really any of the Duggar spouses). So, in 10 years we can see them change from their current belief systems. 

It looks like Michael and Alyssa Bates didn't make it to Joy's wedding because they were in a wedding on Saturday (per Michael's instagram). 

Joy may love dark blue,  and if they're last winter's style,  they were probably on sale.  Both make sense...her day, her way.  I hope. 

Looks like Sierra was a bridesmaid maybe?  Just saw a pick on Insta (that I can't link to because I'm not good at this) its on Kristen Young's page if someone else can link it. 

19 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Looks like Sierra was a bridesmaid maybe?  Just saw a pick on Insta (that I can't link to because I'm not good at this) its on Kristen Young's page if someone else can link it. 

That makes sense. Remember, we we're told quite awhile ago that Sierra and Joy were friends. 

Is Kristin the one who owns Tacos for Life?  Also, what an odd name.  Is it a pro-life taco place?  

Just now, Hmmm_idolatry said:

Is Kristin the one who owns Tacos for Life?  Also, what an odd name.  Is it a pro-life taco place?  

Depends what life you talk about. Cows apparently do not count as 'life'. But somehow in their restaurant eating slaughtered cows benefits other life forms. They could call it 'Tacos for human life' or 'eat cow safe baby' to be more consistent. 

2 minutes ago, foreign fundie said:

Depends what life you talk about. Cows apparently do not count as 'life'. But somehow in their restaurant eating slaughtered cows benefits other life forms. They could call it 'Tacos for human life' or 'eat cow safe baby' to be more consistent. 

That's an excellent point.  I guess "Tacos because we hate abortion" might have been a better fit, if that is indeed why they gave it that name.  Also, I sincerely hope they pay every single one of their workers a living wage and full health benefits.  Otherwise, there's not much support of life going on, despite the name. 

Edited to add:  Just looked at their website.  Apparently they give one meal to a hungry child for every meal sold.  That's admirable.  I'll stop snarking on their name. 

https://tacos4life.com

16 minutes ago, Chewing Gum said:

There you go: (just copy/paste the url in your browser)

Thanks, that is what I was doing but it was going to a 404 error. I'm obviously not doing something right.  I am that middle aged lady. 

I wonder if any of the other adult Bates kids decided to stay home and go to the local wedding instead of driving all the way to AR. Alyssa and Michael had to drive to TN to Andrea Warren's wedding so you would think some of the family would want to stay home and visit with them and go to the local wedding instead. 

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wonder if any of the other adult Bates kids decided to stay home and go to the local wedding instead of driving all the way to AR. Alyssa and Michael had to drive to TN to Andrea Warren's wedding so you would think some of the family would want to stay home and visit with them and go to the local wedding instead. 

I think Zach and Whitney,  Chad and Erin, and Alyssa and her husband stayed behind.  Lawson posted a video of them standing around, taking a group photo of all the grandkids yesterday (and of course, he ended it by turning the camera around so we could see his face).  So, either they had just come back, or they never went at all. 

Just now, Hmmm_idolatry said:

I think Zach and Whitney,  Chad and Erin, and Alyssa and her husband stayed behind.  Lawson posted a video of them standing around, taking a group photo of all the grandkids yesterday (and of course, he ended it by turning the camera around so we could see his face).  So, either they had just come back, or they never went at all. 

It makes sense. I would much rather stay home and go to a local wedding than drive all the way to AR with young children just to attend a GIANT Duggar wedding of a Duggar they probably don't know as well as the older ones.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived