IGNORED

John Shrader Part 12: Empty Baptismal, Empty Brains

FundieFarmer

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/16/2017 at 11:33 AM, JeanieCat said:

Either way, they left and were soon on deputation I believe(forget the exact timeline).

They left Daddy Shrader's church and then John tried to pastor his own church but was a miserable failure at it. It was at this point he was forced to also go work for the ebil car lot where he whined constantly about the music. People paid off his house, bought him a vehicle and paid off the midwife's bill. John finally got tired of trying to pastor a flock that didn't seem to worship him and having to work a job, so he somehow met up with David Rea and created team Zambia. Not sure how he and Rea met so they could hatch the plan to inflict themselves upon Zambia.

I'm assuming Daddy Shrader pretty much kicked him out of the church because no way John would have willingly left the comfort of that church to live in poverty while having to work a real job. 

I'd love to hear the inside story of the church he attempted to pastor!

The fact he failed miserably should have been enough for him not to be a missionary to Zambia. If he can't even pastor people from his own country with a similar background and language wtf did anyone think he'd be successful in Zambia? 

Being an Oregon resident I find it hilarious he tried his flavor of fundamentalism here. I'm sure our status as the most unchurched state was a big contention of pride. I thought for some reason his title was assistant pastor and not the main pastor. I remember reading about his failure of being the assistant pastor and thinking for crying out loud he can't even assistant pastor, but maybe I was confusing his time in Oregon with his time with his dad's church.

Looking at John's FB Julia Sarah's daughter is spending the week with Rick n Jodi.  Poor thing, I was hoping Anthony would limit her exposure to them.

3 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Looking at John's FB Julia Sarah's daughter is spending the week with Rick n Jodi.  Poor thing, I was hoping Anthony would limit her exposure to them.

I have mixed feelings. She is their only link to their daughter who they clearly loved & supported through her treatment (especially the Mum). So it would be heartbreaking for them to never see Julia again. And I don't think Sarah would want that. Hopefully they can keep their toxic views to themselves. 

7 hours ago, infooverload said:

I remember reading about his failure of being the assistant pastor and thinking for crying out loud he can't even assistant pastor, but maybe I was confusing his time in Oregon with his time with his dad's church.

He was the assistant pastor of his dad's church and then went to pastor his own church. Here is an article about John from that period:

John Shrader, pastor of Heritage Bible Baptist Church in The Dalles, is only 33, but he’s spent almost half his life in a passionate study and defense of the King James Version of the Bible.

Shrader, who has a master’s degree in biblical studies

Bullshit on this one unless it is a print off your own masters's degree sort of college. 

I have probably 6-7,000 volumes in my personal library,” Shrader said, “and by far the largest section would be the section on this issue right here – which Bible should you use? Does this matter?”

I also struggle to believe this too. 

He invites anyone who wishes to discuss the merits of the King James version to call him at

I bet he lived for the day someone called him so he could gloat over how he is more godly than they are. 

http://eagle.thedalleschronicle.com/community/church/church.shtml

47 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

he’s spent almost half his life in a passionate study and defense of the King James Version of the Bible.

This says everything about John.  He's not a Spirit-filled, generous hearted Christian awash in Christ's redeeming love.  He's a man obsessed with being right and now I have to admit I've been wrong.  I just realized that he's not  trying to convert people to the Right Kind of Christian.  John wants to be confirmed in his obsession and worshiped for it.   The print ministry makes more sense in light of this -- it wold bet he physical manifestation of his obsession, yet  has zero, and I do mean absolutely zero, to do with Christianity.  Man, I'd love to talk to his ex converts about the moment they realized John wasn't who he seemed to be, and the series of events that led to their awakening. 

I can't imagine the level of crazy living with this man.  

1 hour ago, Gobsmacked said:

John must be a very boring person to meet face to face. 

And incredibly annoying! 

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I have probably 6-7,000 volumes in my personal library,” Shrader said, “and by far the largest section would be the section on this issue right here – which Bible should you use? Does this matter?”

I also struggle to believe this too. 

What did he do with his thousands of books when they moved into the pop-up camper?

Or maybe he really did mean a quantity between the number 6 and the number 7000. Seven or eight books would qualify.

5 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Shrader, who has a master’s degree in biblical studies

Bullshit on this one unless it is a print off your own masters's degree sort of college.

It's as fake as the one he made up in Zambia. Also pretty sure it no longer exists.

2 hours ago, turquoise said:

What did he do with his thousands of books when they moved into the pop-up camper?

Or maybe he really did mean a quantity between the number 6 and the number 7000. Seven or eight books would qualify.

Lol!

But really, I think he put them in storage. And yes, he did take all of them with him to Zambia. 

Did anyone hear the sound clip of Trump saying "I'm like a smart guy I know all the best words" going through their heads upon reading John's "humble" brag about KJV Bible knowledge.

Wow, thousands of books. I just want to say that is a s*it ton of books, and also very expensive even if they were all second hand. I know this because my mom was a book hoarder. We never counted how many she had but there were piles and piles in every room of the house. The boxes completely filled a 20 foot container. Even a pile of 100 books is a big pile.

When does John have the time to read anyway. The only book he mentions are diet books and the Bible.

On 06/21/2017 at 10:55 AM, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

If he can't even pastor people from his own country with a similar background and language wtf did anyone think he'd be successful in Zambia? 

Because the starving, brown hordes only need to have a Great White Saviour like John walk among them to be impressed.  They'll be instantly convicted of their sin and drop their savagery and general heatheness the moment they lay eyes on him. 

As for his books, I'm pretty sure he's just downloaded every classic text that's out of copyright onto his kindle. He hasn't paid for any of them and he's read even less.

I had a couple minutes so I decided to Google the church John was pastor of in the Dalles. The first entry shows him as the listed pastor funny enough. Their Facebook page hasn't had an entry since March when they were finishing up an expansion project.

The lapse in posting was because John had the flu. No real mention of his poor kids who also had it, but bunches of complaining about how bad John feels.

I was the last one to drop, God gave grace on Sunday as I was starting to feel bad, then in the late evening it started hitting me.

No need for much details, but the violent vomiting the following day pulled some muscles, including in my back. I then must have pinched a nerve following that.

I was feeling better Tuesday evening flu wise, and was crippling around trying to get some work accomplished, and further aggravated my back. Then walking to our Bible school classes and teaching yesterday didn't help. Had to cut classes a little short.

I'm in a lot of pain and this pinched nerve situation usually takes several days to heal and get back to "normal."

You know John will be in bed for the rest of the week. And "crippling around"?! No way he was actually getting up to do work, he probably walked around moaning to get more attention. 

Reading between the lines, Esther is in desperate need of our prayers and respite care.  Hope the kids are recovering. I worry about Esther even more since she is pregnant.  Can a bad case of the flu have an adverse effect on the pregnancy?

I've never vomited with the flu.  Sounds more like food poisoning.  Can vomiting be so violent that you pull muscles and pinch a nerve????/ 

24 minutes ago, gustava said:

I've never vomited with the flu.  Sounds more like food poisoning.  Can vomiting be so violent that you pull muscles and pinch a nerve????/ 

Only for Sooper Speshul Snoeflaykes like John.
Am I the only one reminded of old lady fictional characters who constantly complain about aches & pains & claim they're near death? I can't think of names, but aren't there several in Jane Austen's novels? Emma's father comes to mind.

51 minutes ago, gustava said:

Can vomiting be so violent that you pull muscles and pinch a nerve????/ 

Yes-- I've pulled my back muscles during a particularly nasty stomach bug. 

Great, now I have something in common with Shrader. :-(

I can just imagine Esther, vomiting and with a fever while pregnant, taking care of ten sick kids while John is flailing about with his own version of the "man flu". It's all about him and his poor back and how much he sufffers... 

this guy is unreal. I like how he says the whole family is sick with the flu but only asks for prayers for himself...

I don't know if running a fever during the pregnancy itself would have an effect on the fetus, I guess it would depend on what was causing the fever, how high the fever got, how long the fever lasted, and what stage of the pregnancy the mother was in.

It's been suspected for a few years now that running a fever during a pregnancy could result in a child being born with a higher than normal average of having neurodevelopmental disorders.  Just within the last week, a study has been reported that found a 40% increase in Autism Spectrum Disorder in women who reported running a fever during their second trimester of pregnancy.  The risks ran to 300% in women who reported running three or more fevers.  The risks were "minimally mitigated among the children of women taking acetaminophen for fever in the second trimester. Although there were no cases of ASD among children of mothers who took ibuprofen, a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug, researchers could not ascertain whether risk was mitigated due to the extremely small number of women using this particular drug for fever."

Full article here:

Spoiler

Autism risk linked to fever during pregnancy

Prenatal exposure to maternal fever during the second trimester raised odds of autism spectrum disorder by 40 percent

Date:June 13, 2017 

Source:Columbia University's Mailman School of Public Health 

Summary:  Fever during pregnancy may raise the risk for autism spectrum disorder (ASD) in the child, according to a study. The effect was most pronounced in the second trimester, raising odds for ASD by 40 percent. Risk of an ASD was increased by over 300 percent for the children of women reporting three or more fevers after the twelfth week of pregnancy. 

Fever during pregnancy may raise the risk for autism spectrum disorder (ASD) in the child, according to a study led by scientists at the Center for Infection and Immunity (CII) at Columbia University's Mailman School of Public Health. The effect was most pronounced in the second trimester, raising odds for ASD by 40 percent. Risk of an ASD was increased by over 300 percent for the children of women reporting three or more fevers after the twelfth week of pregnancy.

The study is the most robust to date to explore the risk of ASD associated with fevers across the entire span of pregnancy, and of the capacity of two different types of commonly used anti-fever medications -- acetaminophen and ibuprofen -- to address that risk. Risks were minimally mitigated among the children of women taking acetaminophen for fever in the second trimester. Although there were no cases of ASD among children of mothers who took ibuprofen, a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug, researchers could not ascertain whether risk was mitigated due to the extremely small number of women using this particular drug for fever. Results of the study appear in the journal Molecular Psychiatry.

The researchers followed 95,754 children born between 1999 and 2009, including 583 cases of ASD identified in Norway through the Autism Birth Cohort (ABC) Study. Mothers of 15,701 children (16 percent) reported fever in one or more four-week intervals throughout pregnancy, similar to rates reported in the U.S. ASD risk was increased by 34 percent when mothers reported fever at any time during pregnancy, and by 40 percent in the second trimester. The risk increased in a dose-dependent fashion from 1.3-fold with one or two fever episodes after the twelfth prenatal week to 3.12-fold with three or more episodes.

"Our results suggest a role for gestational maternal infection and innate immune responses to infection in the onset of at least some cases of autism spectrum disorder," says first author Mady Hornig, associate professor of Epidemiology and director of Translational Research at CII.

Questionnaire analysis did not indicate an association between risk and maternally-reported symptoms of infection in individual organ systems that might implicate specific infectious agents. An ongoing study is testing blood samples collected at mid-pregnancy and at birth to explore the possible role of specific infectious agents and the contribution of distinctive patterns of immune response among mothers and children to understand the mechanisms creating vulnerability.

"Future work should focus on identifying and preventing prenatal infections and inflammatory responses that may contribute to autism spectrum disorder," says senior author W. Ian Lipkin, John Snow Professor of Epidemiology and director of CII.

The end result seems to say that there could be problems, but you won't find out about them until later on, and taking acetaminophen or ibuprofen to reduce the fever helps.  More study is needed.  

Best advice is to stay as healthy as you can, and don't have children with a narcissistic asshole.

8 hours ago, Flossie said:

I don't know if running a fever during the pregnancy itself would have an effect on the fetus, I guess it would depend on what was causing the fever, how high the fever got, how long the fever lasted, and what stage of the pregnancy the mother was in.

My hubby just got over a terribly violent stomach bug that has literally taken out my whole extended family in the past two weeks. The poor guy lost 5 pounds in 12 hours. I'm 37 weeks pregnant and I've already put together a plan with my doctor for what to do if I start feeling sick. I can't imagine not having medical care if you're sick AND preggers. 

The largest section of his library is on which Bible you should use? How many books even exist on that topic?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived