IGNORED

John Shrader Part 12: Empty Baptismal, Empty Brains

FundieFarmer

2 hours ago, apple1 said:

Southern Baptists fund missions differently from IFB.

IFB calls it "deputation".

(I wrote this reply earlier and forgot to post, but I'll send it anyway.)

It's been more about 50 years since I've been to a Southern Baptist Church, but I don't think that the Foreign Mission Board requires individual fund-raising of its missionaries when they are home on furlough.  The missionaries may speak at various churches and a collection taken up, but it it not to benefit them specifically.  It goes into the general fund to benefit all Southern Baptist missionaries.

The church I grew up in had a missionary couple, that served in Hong Kong, that were sort of their "own".  The wife had grown up across the street from the church and her parents still lived there.  The WMU circle at the church was named in her honor.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

(I wrote this reply earlier and forgot to post, but I'll send it anyway.)

It's been more about 50 years since I've been to a Southern Baptist Church, but I don't think that the Foreign Mission Board requires individual fund-raising of its missionaries when they are home on furlough.  The missionaries may speak at various churches and a collection taken up, but it it not to benefit them specifically.  It goes into the general fund to benefit all Southern Baptist missionaries.

The church I grew up in had a missionary couple, that served in Hong Kong, that were sort of their "own".  The wife had grown up across the street from the church and her parents still lived there.  The WMU circle at the church was named in her honor.

You are still correct, @PennySycamore. That is a big difference between Southern Baptists and IFB.

On 5/25/2017 at 11:26 AM, Carol said:

John is right.  It is easy to be thankful for horrible things.  Here are my four things I'm thankful for. (snip)
4.  That he's a lying liar who lies and isn't getting away with it. 

Unfortunately #4 doesn't seem that accurate. He still has enough support (how?!) of people. But tbh if people are still supporting him they almost deserve to be conned. I just wish the money was going to something more worthy than John & his useless schemes & toys...like a vasectomy for him. I'd chip in!

3 hours ago, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

Unfortunately #4 doesn't seem that accurate. He still has enough support (how?!) of people. But tbh if people are still supporting him they almost deserve to be conned. 

I suppose generations of ignorance begats ignorance.

A new post is up about all the languages into which tracts have been translated, none of which john speaks. Isn't learning languages supposed to be part of missions training? I know the LDS church has missionaries spend months learning languages. 

John won't have a clue what the tracts actually say. Who did the translations? Did they get paid ?

So many questions.

John is in the dark when it comes to a good bit of his "ministry". He doesn't know what his tracts say and he doesn't know what the people in the villages are being told. 

4 hours ago, formergothardite said:

John is in the dark when it comes to a good bit of his "ministry". He doesn't know what his tracts say and he doesn't know what the people in the villages are being told. 

I hope they say something along the lines of "Brother Schrader is an asshat of major proportions.  Stay away from him."

10 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

I hope they say something along the lines of "Brother Schrader is an asshat of major proportions.  Stay away from him."

That's too polite. 

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Please Rufus let all the tracts say that. That would be some epic trolling of Shrader.

John's still bitter about what happened between him, Rea and a whole bunch of supporting churches. He felt let to share a comment he wrote on someone else's post. He had to add this in at the end.

Sorry for the digital "shouting", for background for those that may not know me, I was ostracized and shunned and accused of preaching a false gospel by men I thought were friends, and whose IFB fellowship has a historic Baptist position on the matter. One of those men actually stood in his pulpit and preached that repentance is a work and therefore not necessary for Salvation. He may have gotten that from Curtis Hudson or the like, but he didn't get it from the Word of God!)

What the hell does that even mean? Seems like John is taking the Pharisee route & paying more attention to fine points of law instead of helping people. 
Straining at gnats & swallowing flies much, John?

23 minutes ago, FeministShrew said:

What the hell does that even mean? Seems like John is taking the Pharisee route & paying more attention to fine points of law instead of helping people. 
Straining at gnats & swallowing flies much, John?

This way he can sound 'biblical' without doing any actual work that will help people in a meaningful way.

Its a very lazy way to be a missionary. His Daddy's leghumpers:

a) Haven't realised it yet.

B) Are too thick to realise it.

c) Are too brow beaten by Daddy and just blindly hand over their hard earned cash.

John will never get his hands dirty to help others unless there is a photo opportunity in it.

Me thinks that John is to missionary as Trump is to presidency.  Lazy braggart who does nothing, pushes himself first and fails at everything. 

7 hours ago, Peas n carrots said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Please Rufus let all the tracts say that. That would be some epic trolling of Shrader.

Just curious - why is Rufus a substitute word for God?

@Freejin, Rufus is a taxindermied deer head that Jinger hit, had stuffed and then took to Texas with her.  It was important to Jinger that Rufus come with her to her new home after she was married.  We've discussed it a lot on Quiver Full of Duggars.

Rufus is answered in the FAQs.

10 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Me thinks that John is to missionary as Trump is to presidency.  Lazy braggart who does nothing, pushes himself first and fails at everything. 

And blames others for his fuck ups.  Only difference is Johnny doesnt grab womem by the pussy.

13 hours ago, formergothardite said:

John's still bitter about what happened between him, Rea and a whole bunch of supporting churches. He felt let to share a comment he wrote on someone else's post. He had to add this in at the end.

What was the original comment? Just curious what " digital "shouting"" he's talking about... And what that even means lol!?

I really don't understand his stubborn and lazy refusal to learn a local language.  Bantu languages have a reputation for being easy to learn. Swahili is--the rules are few in number and they are actually followed so there is no need to learn a million exceptions or 87 different ways to conjugate a verb for 11 different cases. 

Full disclosure: when we were living in Asia I made zero attempt to learn the local language, BUT it was a country where English is more than just an official language for government. Several subjects in compulsory schooling were conducted in English everywhere and a large percentage of families spoke English they home as their first language. Not once did I come accross  situation where I needed someone to translate. Bills and all coorespondence came in English.

Here, not so much. The best case scenario of not speaking the local language means you're paying more than double for pretty much everything that doesn't come from a set price grocery store. People don't negotiate with you in English; not necessarily because they can't but because they know you don't have a clue what is going on. This is probably why his juice fast was so expensive with vegetables are dirt cheap. 

4 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@Freejin, Rufus is a taxindermied deer head that Jinger hit, had stuffed and then took to Texas with her.  It was important to Jinger that Rufus come with her to her new home after she was married.  We've discussed it a lot on Quiver Full of Duggars.

Another rather nice Rufus connection is found in the Manhattan Project: a sphere of plutonium that was used in experiments was nicknamed Rufus. It was involved in a couple of fatal accidents, after which it was renamed 'Demon Core'.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demon_core

6 hours ago, clearingthingsup said:

What was the original comment? Just curious what " digital "shouting"" he's talking about... And what that even means lol!?

He wrote a long, comment about repentance where he kept using all caps. 

10 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

I haven't smoked pot since 1969, but reading this made me feel like I was very stoned indeed.  It also makes me happy and reminds me of The Blogess, from a post in 2014: " As you might know, I have a particular penchant for badly done, super-old taxidermy that makes me laugh and makes people who have to visit my house very uncomfortable."  Check out the post here, when The Blogess discovers a bizarrely eccentric store that makes Magnolia Pearl look like your happy place. 

Where were we? 

I was ostracized and shunned and accused of preaching a false gospel by men I thought were friends, and whose IFB fellowship has a historic Baptist position on the matter. One of those men actually stood in his pulpit and preached that repentance is a work and therefore not necessary for Salvation.

Ahhhh, John, jots and tittles. This is John condensed into one paragraph.  Poor John! He is persecuted for preaching the very purest form of the Gospel, while giving himself a reason for being in Africa and being, literally, holier than thou.  Oh, and send money so he can carry on this precious work!

#Scamvangelist  #Griftionary #Scamvangelical

I do give John points for being entirely consistent since we've been following him.  I mean, has he EVER let us down in the snark department?

John has decided to read through the entire New Testament each month. I wonder if this will last longer than his month long juice fast. 

52 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

John has decided to read through the entire New Testament each month. I wonder if this will last longer than his month long juice fast. 

Hopefully it will cut into the time he allocates for annoying the locals. 

Reading the whole New Testament in a month! I don't even understand the point. This sums John up pretty well. Quantity not quality. He is powering through the NT like he is performing a circus stunt. Your a clown John.

John, perhaps you should slow down and absorb what you read, and apply it to your life.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived