IGNORED

John Shrader Part 12: Empty Baptismal, Empty Brains

FundieFarmer

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All that grifting money, gifts & 3 years and 2 converts to show. 

Cost benefits show this must  be one of the worst ways to spend your money for the best results   

14 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Surely, surely SURELY Daddy's congregation must have figured it out by NOW?????:confused2:

We keep saying that. But it continues. 

How much more of a failure does he have to be to lose their support? Lose his remaining 2 converts? 

I'm suspicious about the second convert anyway, is he real? 

Is the congregation paying or does the $$$ come out of Daddy's pocket?  Or is Daddy dipping into church funds without total knowledge of the congregation?

1 hour ago, gustava said:

Is the congregation paying or does the $$$ come out of Daddy's pocket?  Or is Daddy dipping into church funds without total knowledge of the congregation?

I wonder if the congregation knows the full extent of the financial support but obviously they know they do support them. I mean they had to sit through a video from John on missions for some mission week his dad did. And many are his  Facebook friends. 

I think we've talked about remittance men WRT John before, haven't we? Sounds like Daddy's continuing to pay John to Stay Away.

2 hours ago, mirele said:

I think we've talked about remittance men WRT John before, haven't we? Sounds like Daddy's continuing to pay John to Stay Away.

Where is this idea that John is an embarrassment to his father coming from? His father is as bad as him and brags about his missionary son (his only child to stay in the fold)& gets him lots of gifts and grifts hard for him, even using money from his daughter's memorial to buy more crap for John. 

have I missed something? Maybe those with personal knowledge of john ie @clearingthingsupmight know more

I have never seen anything to indicate this theory but it seems to be one that many on FJ subscribe too. I'd love to know what I'm missing. 

19 minutes ago, subsaharanafrica said:

Is John's late sister's widower related to David Waller?

That's been asked before and someone said no. I have no idea personally though.  

Sarah & her husband were not fundie, just mainstream Christians who drank, wore bikinis& partied. 

6 minutes ago, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

Sarah & her husband were not fundie, just mainstream Christians who drank, wore bikinis& partied. 

Then how did John end up with the money meant for her family?

3 hours ago, subsaharanafrica said:

Then how did John end up with the money meant for her family?

After she died his dad started the Sarah shrader memorial fund for a well (I think) claiming she wanted to help her brother & people donated to it. Always intended for Zambia. I just thought tasteless to get people to donate for something that benefited John instead of perhaps cancer research. 

Don't think financially Sarah's husband needs money but that wasn't the point. 

I don't think his dad is paying John to stay away. He isn't an embarrassment to his dad-he is the only one of his children who remained fundies. John is his dad's spoiled little baby still, the absolute favourite, and his poor siblings never get a look in, even if one of his brothers needs help a whole lot more. Whatever spoiled brat John wants, he gets. No idea if he is the youngest sibling, his brothers seem younger but they also didn't spend years in an RV with over a dozen kids. I think it was mentioned once that John was premature, so maybe that's why he is the spoiled one, unless it only became that way when his siblings left fundamentalism.

Ew.  John is so unfailingly self-centered.  He wrote a post about his sister's passing, and the whole post remained centered on him -- how much she loved him, how she would defend him, how she supported him going to "Africa," etc. There are a couple lines about their parents and her daughter, but nothing about the husband she left behind.  Way to think about others, John!  Excellent quality in a man who allegedly follows God obediently. 

Spoiler

My Sister, Sarah Shrader Waller, would have been 39 years old today.

Missing my only sister on what would have been her 39th birthday.

I am greatful for the memories of her love for me. Being born 11 months and 2 weeks apart, we were the same age two weeks out of the year, and very close growing up.

She would stick up for me and defend me when we we growing up.

Sarah, apart from my parents, was the sibling that shared the most emotional support and encouragement for me taking our family to Africa, following the Lord's call.

Wish I could be with my parents Rick-Jodi Shrader on this memorable day. To grieve with them as well.

Flag Day.

My sister's birthday.

Sarah, "a rose among thorns."

Please especially keep my parents Rick-Jodi Shrader in your prayers, as well as Sarah's little daughter Julia. She's a sweet little 4 year old girl. She's spending the week with "Grammy" and "Papaw" and going to V.B.S.

Thanks for your care and prayers for our family and extended family.

Her only older brother,

John 
Zambia

Bolded word for snark purposes.

Since he was "her only older brother," is John another case of golden firstborn son syndrome?  

I don't think his dad is paying John to stay away. He isn't an embarrassment to his dad-he is the only one of his children who remained fundies. John is his dad's spoiled little baby still, the absolute favourite.

I'm fairly certain Rick is where John inherited his bad quality traits from. I doubt it's a send John to stay away plan. Although I do remember there was a quarrel between them which partially caused John to leave his place as assistant pastor at his dad's church in Texas and then venture to OR. It's been failure after failure (and fight after fight with other "non-John" Christians) ever since. 

Ew.  John is so unfailingly self-centered.  He wrote a post about his sister's passing, and the whole post remained centered on him -- how much she loved him, how she would defend him, how she supported him going to "Africa," etc. There are a couple lines about their parents and her daughter, but nothing about the husband she left behind.  Way to think about others, John!  

Since he was "her only older brother," is John another case of golden firstborn son syndrome?  

Goodnight. John is a piece of crap with how he treats his family. No wonder his brothers have little to no respect for him. 

I'm fairly certain Rick is where John inherited his bad quality traits from. I doubt it's a send John to stay away plan. Although I do remember there was a quarrel between them which partially caused John to leave his place as assistant pastor at his dad's church in Texas and then venture to OR. It's been failure after failure (and fight after fight with other "non-John" Christians) ever since. 

Any idea what the quarrel was about?

I would be interested to know what the quarrel was about as well. Would the quarrel be considered a breaking of a) the honor thy mother and father commandment and B) wouldn't a quarrel go against the verse about letting go of anger. These were the first thoughts which came to mind.

Any idea what the quarrel was about?

Not sure. I think it had something to do about him not submitting to dad's authority as pastor. Ironic that that's his complaint about Arcade & Jolis. 

Karma, John. Karma. 

As far as I know we have no real answer! Someone as lazy as John would not have left his father's church without alot of prodding! I presume he tried to override his father and daddy took umbrage and turfed him. Either way, they left and were soon on deputation I believe(forget the exact timeline). Some people always try to take advantage of every situation and John is at the top of the list!

52 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

This is the quietest that John has been for a long time. Wonder what's up?

I was wondering too. So unlike him. 

10 minutes ago, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

I was wondering too. So unlike him. 

Maybe he pissed a local off and got arrested, if everyone should be so lucky.  As I mentioned before I've been hoping he would.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived