Destiny

12 minutes ago, Showtunesgirl said:

I don't know why, but that phrase makes me giggle :pb_lol:

I was depending between bald and naked :P

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

Just saw this on Pickles.  Why, oh, why, is the elder Duggar woman hobbling about on crutches?!  Are there no wheelchairs at the SnarK?

snark.png

That may be Michelle's sister, Carol. She's the grandmother of the young boy that JimBob and Michelle are guardians of now. I would hope she had been offered a wheelchair because crutches can be really uncomfortable. At the very least she appears to be included in her grandson's life though.

ETA: Full photo from Pickles for those interested (I screenshot it):

IMG_1966.PNG

46 minutes ago, Kittikatz said:

I hate to snark on people's appearance, but is that Josh standing beside Anna? My apologies if this sounds stupid, but I'm embarrassing face blind, so I suck at recognising people from still images. If so, he's looking not well. Maybe it's just the angle or the unfortunate wardrobe choices/scruff, but if it is Josh, he certainly looks different from the photos taken after his release from Jesus Jail. 

I have to admit i thought the same. I am certainly in no position to body shame anyone but there is quite a difference. It could just be Anna is pregnant and has been eating like a horse (couldnt eat enough for the first 4.5 months and couldn't  keep anything down for the next 4.5 months personally) so maybe he has been indulging with her. Or he is emotional eating - one addiction for another?

There seems to be something with the picture that makes everyone look a bit fuller in the face I think but I think that is Josh and yes, he is bigger than last seen. Since there were tendencies before towards chubbiness on his part I am not surprised if this has escalated after being caught. I think he is seriously unhappy in his marriage even if he has chosen to go on with it. I am still waiting for the big Josh-Anna divorce which I think will come in a couple of years. 

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

That may be Michelle's sister, Carol. She's the grandmother of the young boy that JimBob and Michelle are guardians of now. I would hope she had been offered a wheelchair because crutches can be really uncomfortable. At the very least she appears to be included in her grandson's life though.

ETA: Full photo from Pickles for those interested (I screenshot it):

IMG_1966.PNG

Is that Josie in a stroller again?

3 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Is that Josie in a stroller again?

No, Meredith. I think! 

Are those Henry's feet sticking out of the baby carriage? I think it's odd they're not showing him off in the group photo (which might be easier said than done judging by Spurgeon's apparent squirminess, so I won't blame them).

20 minutes ago, Stormy said:

Are those Henry's feet sticking out of the baby carriage? I think it's odd they're not showing him off in the group photo (which might be easier said than done judging by Spurgeon's apparent squirminess, so I won't blame them).

I figured he was just taking a nap. 

12 minutes ago, Stormy said:

My daughter is three months. It's easier to just leave her in the stroller for photos. She hates being buckled in - always falls asleep eventually though. It's possible it's just easier for Benessa too, especially with another kid.

54 minutes ago, elliha said:

There seems to be something with the picture that makes everyone look a bit fuller in the face I think but I think that is Josh and yes, he is bigger than last seen. Since there were tendencies before towards chubbiness on his part I am not surprised if this has escalated after being caught. I think he is seriously unhappy in his marriage even if he has chosen to go on with it. I am still waiting for the big Josh-Anna divorce which I think will come in a couple of years. 

I think Josh is a stress eater (yes this is the pot pointing to the kettle to say HEY I got chips & salsa over here) this guy is miserable, he isn't ready to man up and tell his parents to go fuck themselves, put his foot down with his wife say NO MORE KIDS. This guy does have the ability to make money, sell his parents out. He could make a nice chunk of money exposing his horrific upbringing,  lack of mental health care, forced marriage, etc... he could finally get some REAL mental health from a real doctor. He could get some serious redemption if he truly repented and said that he was fucked up from his life in the cult and didn't know how to  deal with life on his own because he wasn't ever allowed to be on his own or think for himself.  Get some marriage counseling for he & Anna, get one of them fixed so no more kids. Go to real school get some education so he can get a real job to support himself Ann and the kids, and Anna could go to school to help herself as I'm not sure they would stay married. Honestly of all the kidults he is the one that is over the BS of Gothard, he's just too scared to leave, but I do think at some point he will.

2 hours ago, HurricaneBells said:

I have to admit i thought the same. I am certainly in no position to body shame anyone but there is quite a difference. It could just be Anna is pregnant and has been eating like a horse (couldnt eat enough for the first 4.5 months and couldn't  keep anything down for the next 4.5 months personally) so maybe he has been indulging with her. Or he is emotional eating - one addiction for another?

I get particularly squicky about the body shaming, even for Josh. It's the one addiction/struggle where everyone knows it immediately. After all he's been through, if a few extra pounds is the worst of it, I'd call it good. Not that I'm defending the perv, just admitting that I think the weight is understandable all things considered.

I think it can be relevant to discuss Josh's weight up to a certain point. He was quite slim before he got married, but gained a lot of weight afterwards. He seemed to have slimmed down a lot after rehab, and now he's apparently gained it all back and maybe then some. Could be for a lot of reasons, but it's kind of hard to sustain a discussion about it... kind of like Jinger's "bump" - maybe she's pregnant, maybe she's bloated, maybe it's a belt buckle... well... that's that.

I'm just glad the insulting nicknames for Josh that were popular a while back ("lard boy", "lard lad", "tub-o-lard" and "fat fuck" among them) seem to have fallen out of vogue.

Josh has definitely gained weight. Based on his earlier weight fluctuations and what we found out about his life afterward, he may be struggling. That wouldn't be a surprise. He's trapped with his family for good.

Jeremy looks really different with a hat and no beard. Who is the family standing between Josh and Jana?

There seems to be some extra little girls in this photo! 

I think that Jinger probably meant that she did not want the whole fam damily traipsing in to their little apartment anytime soon. Shudddddder. 

JD continues to be my favorite, snubbing the Snark trip helps secure that spot in my heart.

Can we tell anything about Anna's projected due date from this photo? I am just terrible at that sort of thing! 

I love that Spurge is trying to flee. Godspeed little one...

After seeing this picture of Josh, one has to wonder about the CCTV photo again. I don't mean it in a body shaming way, just that he looks awfully lot like the dude in that pic..

32 minutes ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

After seeing this picture of Josh, one has to wonder about the CCTV photo again. I don't mean it in a body shaming way, just that he looks awfully lot like the dude in that pic..

I agree.  I hope that In Touch or one of the other tabloids will pick this pic up and see if they can find out what happened.  It really looks like Josh.  Then again,  if it is Josh,  I would think that JB would be smart enough to keep Josh hidden from public pictures so as to avoid speculation again that he was the guy on that Dollar store security video. 

I really am curious to know what Jeremy thought of this place.  While he was partially homeschooled and raised in a fundie lite situation,  I still think he may have lived in the world enough to realize some of the stuff there is ridiculous.  I think it is pretty obvious that Jeremy is a pretty bright guy, and I would really hope that he doesn't just blindly go to a place like this and buy it hook, line and sinker.

Even my most fundie friends don't really think that there were dinosaurs on the Ark.  And most don't fully buy the young earth theories either. 

I have so many thoughts/comments on this photo. (i love overanalyzing big group photos like this):

1. who is the old man hovering behind jessa's stroller?

2. anna strategically placed in a middle row so we can't see how far along she is - well played. 

3. who are the extra blond children?

4. is that tabitha paine in the back row? why is she there, if she's getting married on saturday? i feel like she should be home getting ready for that. (unless it truly was called off) 

5. joy holding the baby - yikes at the foreshadowing. that'll be her baby this time next year. 

4 minutes ago, calimojo said:

SNIP

Even my most fundie friends don't really think that there were dinosaurs on the Ark.  And most don't fully buy the young earth theories either. 

And this right here is why fundamentalists are fighting so hard to have creation and not evolution taught in schools and why so many hardcore fundies like the Duggar's home-school. They don't want their kids to realize the absurdity of stories like the Ark or the fact that man and dinosaurs didn't live at the same time or that the earth is NOT 6 thousand years old. The kids are going to start questioning their thoughts and or thinking for themselves and we all know that does not make for good fundy children. 

16 minutes ago, picklepizzas said:

I have so many thoughts/comments on this photo. (i love overanalyzing big group photos like this):

1. who is the old man hovering behind jessa's stroller?

2. anna strategically placed in a middle row so we can't see how far along she is - well played. 

3. who are the extra blond children?

4. is that tabitha paine in the back row? why is she there, if she's getting married on saturday? i feel like she should be home getting ready for that. (unless it truly was called off) 

5. joy holding the baby - yikes at the foreshadowing. that'll be her baby this time next year. 

6. The little girls strategically arranged in front of Jinger's belly. Clever!

I really hope that Jeremy is experiencing some cognitive dissonance when he spends time with his inlaws and their crazy fundie hangers on. 

Perhaps if he is and it is uncomfortable enough for him,  that part of his brain that was taught critical thinking, logic, etc,  will begin to reject some of this bullshit and he can support Jinger to move away from some of the toxic stuff she was marinated in for 22 years. 

Is it just me? Or does Jeremy remind anyone of Rob Kardashian in that picture?

On 3/25/2017 at 11:48 AM, calimojo said:

I don't think speculating on any of the females being pregnant is in any way equivalent to body shaming someone who has gained weight. 

I disagree.  I also think the non-stop speculation is distasteful.

For those of you who feel conflicted about that, I hope you can let yourself off the hook.  This is exactly what they want us to do.

You can apparently read the Duggars' minds.

This is really the only way the generate any interest.  Even the newer courtships and engagements are not really capturing people's interest too much, but pregnancy speculation is still stirs some interest. 

Their brand relies on Schrodinger's uterus

True.  Their brand does depend on many, many, babies these days.  If non-stop pregnancies are the only way for them to keep attention, perhaps stopping speculation about the tiniest of imaginary bulges in their bellies and ignoring their pregnancies is the best thing to do.  Why encourage them?

3 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I disagree.  I also think the non-stop speculation is distasteful.

I sort of don't care about the non-stop pregnancies, so I don't really engage in the conversations. However, I disagree that it's distasteful. I think it would be distasteful for someone who has stated that their own sex life is their own business. The Duggars firmly believe in regulating my uterus - what's the harm in speculating on theirs?

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived