IGNORED

Meredith's Baby-Birthing Post is up!

Grace

Yeah, Farmerdaddy is just fucking creepy sounding.

I'm impressed that Margaret has three great great grandparents, though. I was impressed that when my cousin had a baby last year, the baby had five great grandparents.

I'm pretty sure she wears what Stephen tells her she can wear. I've held all along, that Stephen might actually be good for Meredith, though, because he isn't from a fundy upbringing and is very well educated, even if he is a staunch conservative. I really think that their relationship might be one where her idea of submission is not as damaging to her as others. Who knows... they could grow out of patriarchy together?

This.

This.

Meredith has always worn pants. Even Joy wears pants.

I'm still unsure enough about what the hell Stephen's deal is to decide whether he's good for Meredith or not. As I said in another thread, I think I'd like him as a person and that's why it triggers my concern that he'd go after Meredith.

This is the "most normal and not crazy eyes" I have seen Steven. Meredith looks great in the white dress picture especially. I cannot believe she is sitting on that couch in jeans without a donut after an almost 10 pounder for her first baby.

I know! :shock:

Adorable lil' girl.

Meredith has always worn pants. Even Joy wears pants.

True, but typically, especially towards the end of the blog, she was in skirts most, if not all, of the times she posted pictures of herself. I also thought I remembered her posting that she would wear clothes that her husband approved of, but I could be confusing her with someone else.

First thing that caught my attention was that they gave birth in a hospital (Thank goodness someone had some sense).

The name is beautiful and normal.

I hope more pictures will be posted as she is a beautiful child and I only found Meredith after she was married so I didn't get to follow along long.

Beautiful name! My son was 8 days late so a couple days is nothing in my opinion. Of course even at 8 days late my son was only 8 lbs 7 oz. They look very happy and also even if she wore skirts most of the time after having a baby jeans might have seemed more comfortable.

I like her name choice!

I have a cousin named Meredith. Her mother is Alice and our grandmother is Margaret. Maybe I should start shaking the family tree...

First thing that caught my attention was that they gave birth in a hospital (Thank goodness someone had some sense).

The name is beautiful and normal.

I hope more pictures will be posted as she is a beautiful child and I only found Meredith after she was married so I didn't get to follow along long.

I don't want to start a war here, but just want to point out that it's quite possible to have a lot of sense and give birth OUTSIDE a hospital. I know you're probably referring to our favorite fundies who love their dangerous, unassisted (or under-assisted) births, but not all births outside hospitals are dangerous. :)

"Farmerdaddy"? Oh, come on. Can you think of a harder name for a toddler to pronounce?

I don't want to start a war here, but just want to point out that it's quite possible to have a lot of sense and give birth OUTSIDE a hospital. I know you're probably referring to our favorite fundies who love their dangerous, unassisted (or under-assisted) births, but not all births outside hospitals are dangerous. :)

No need for war. I know home births can be safe (my sister has had 2), but yes I was referring to our favorite fundies who have dangerous, unassisted births. Though Meredith and her husband do seem to be the type that would go to the hospital if complications arose from a home birth some of the other fundies would probably just try and pray away anything going wrong, endangering both mother and baby.

As creeptastic as I find Steven, the pictures of him and Margaret made me smile. He seems genuinely delighted with her.

I think that having her will either start to bring him back to his senses when he realizes that it makes no sense to deny her friends, college, etc., OR it will reinforce the wildly macho side of him that had to be there in order for patriarchalism to look attractive to him in the first place, and make him completely embrace legalism to "protect" his daughter.

Archived