IGNORED

The Boyer Sisters: Part 4

samurai_sarah

On 6/14/2017 at 0:15 PM, Lurky said:

I am really interested in their need to work for a living without seeming to.  I would have thought the vintages stuff would be more profitable, but I guess Brigid was the driving force behind that?

It looks like they're trying to erase Brigid.  The new "We are the Boyer sisters" without even anything indicating a third looks so like they're writing Brigid out.  If those girls had ever done anything apart, I wouldn't think it's a big deal for any 2 to call themselves the Boyer sisters, but when they've always been a single unit, it's strange.

13 hours ago, charmedforsure said:

"therapeutic grade" (totally BS made up term)

doTerra owns the trademark on that, which is why only their shit is this supposedly high grade for therapy.

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Jug Band Baby said:

The new "We are the Boyer sisters"

Because technically Brigid isn't a Boyer anymore. 

19 minutes ago, EmiGirl said:

Because technically Brigid isn't a Boyer anymore. 

The married Duggar girls are still considered to be Duggar sisters.  They're still part of the Duggar family.  The Maxwells still see their married daughters as part of the Maxwell family.  Jill is still 1 of the Noyes sisters.  You can be part of 2 families with different names.  Other fundies do it.

12 minutes ago, Jug Band Baby said:

The married Duggar girls are still considered to be Duggar sisters.  They're still part of the Duggar family.  The Maxwells still see their married daughters as part of the Maxwell family.  Jill is still 1 of the Noyes sisters.  You can be part of 2 families with different names.  Other fundies do it.

Haha you had me til you mentioned "married Maxwell daughters."  Everyone knows those girls are staying at home FOREVER. 

Everytime I see "Duggar girls" or even worse, "married Duggar girls", referring to grown-ass women, imma have a drink. I'll be shit-faced drunk real soon, LOL.

On 6/12/2017 at 11:43 PM, SolomonFundy said:

MLM is the pickle on the sadness sandwich

A limp, warm, tasteless pickle, may I add.  And you cracked me up with this :)

Everytime I see "Duggar girls" or even worse, "married Duggar girls", referring to grown-ass women, imma have a drink. I'll be shit-faced drunk real soon, LOL.

In my neck of the woods, even older married women are still called girls.  My mother-in-law does stuff with people she calls her girls, and my father-in-law does stuff with people he calls his boys.  

By the way, I also see the older Duggar boys still called boys too.  Funny how there's never a problem with that.

On 6/16/2017 at 0:11 AM, Jug Band Baby said:

In my neck of the woods, even older married women are still called girls.  My mother-in-law does stuff with people she calls her girls, and my father-in-law does stuff with people he calls his boys.  

By the way, I also see the older Duggar boys still called boys too.  Funny how there's never a problem with that.

I don't see any Duggar boy references, I see them being called by their names, but I don't claim to have read every Duggar post. It can possibly be as frequent as "Duggar girls" is.

I posted recently about the contextual difference between me calling my friends my girls and constant references to adult Duggar women as girls. 

The inference is that the Duggar not-girls are infantilized because of their shitty upbringing and as such are not held responsible for making adult decisions, or even thinking critically for that matter.

I know damn well my "girls" are responsible adult women. And I wouldn't like people not my friend referring to me as a girl.

The adult Duggars, "boys" and "girls", remain in their damaging and hateful cult. I just don't think that cutesy "girl" references are useful in this context if these adults are to ever be held accountable. Cutesy "boy" references are not useful either, but its a tad less egregious because only one of them is married, not four!

I must be a masochist, butting my head on the wall like this. It's a losing battle. I see this girl stuff in threads about other families too. Sigh. I just look at it differently, words have meaning.

Another thought. I'm black. At one time, particularly in the south, black men and women were called boys and girls (among other things) by white people, for their entire life! Even senior citizens! This was because there was no recognition of adult status for those deemed to be inferior and lacking in power and authority. 

Another thought. I'm black. At one time, particularly in the south, black men and women were called boys and girls (among other things) by white people, for their entire life! Even senior citizens! This was because there was no recognition of adult status for those deemed to be inferior and lacking in power and authority. 

My boss is an elderly Korean woman, and I quite often get customers telling me that the "Chinese gal" told them XYZ. I tell them there is no Chinese gal that works there so I don't know to whom they are referring. This always seems to annoy them, rather than embarrass them like it should!

• 2 weeks later...

So for some reason (I was probably bored) I watched the entire Essential Oils 101 class by the Boyer Sisters. What a snooze fest! I didn't really learn anything and it didn't seem like they knew what they were talking about. It was a lot of big words without any meaning. Like essential oils helps with everything. Like what? 

I also fell down the rabbit hole on the new b-well blog. They have a post about metal razors, and actually recommends one for *gasp* guys!!!

81aDYCh0N6L._SY355_.jpg.7b4c7cf7cdaef9483803f497b94ea767.jpg

Look how manly it is!! 

This made me laugh though:

What did our Grandmas, and Great-Grandmas do before the sweet-smelling pink razor hit the market? They most certainly used metal straight razors.

Shaving for women hasn't been around for that long, I'm pretty sure that my great-grandma never shaved. 

I also don't understand how Jessica spent $100 each year on plastic razors. She says she used to buy a new one every month? Is this common? I just switch out the blade on mine every so often, I don't need a new razor every month. (although the blades can be a little expensive)

@wikinggirl, you have more perseverance than me; it was too much of a snooze fest for me, so I quit reading early on.....  

$100 a year on razors?  If that's the case, she sure wasn't using pink plastic ones.  I buy them at the $ store, get 5 or 10 to a pack, change them out every week, and still spend $9 or less per year.  

Jessica is such a drama queen. 

1 hour ago, wikinggirl said:

What did our Grandmas, and Great-Grandmas do before the sweet-smelling pink razor hit the market? They most certainly used metal straight razors.

They continue to be hilarious examples of SOTDRT Fail, every time.  They simultaneously want to live in the past, without any concept that it was more than just the same as today but with prettier dresses, and that beauty standards are continually transforming.

6 hours ago, Lurky said:

They continue to be hilarious examples of SOTDRT Fail, every time.  They simultaneously want to live in the past, without any concept that it was more than just the same as today but with prettier dresses, and that beauty standards are continually transforming.

My great-grandmother didn't even have a blog to post her endless stream of selfies on. In those days they hung them on the wall at town hall, so that's how I do it. #wholesome #betterthanyou

Actually, I can see spending $100/year on Razors.  I use the Venus razors, and generally have to buy a new body once a year or so (depending on how often I lose the one I'm using), and I think the new one is $12-$15.  Then for a pack of 6 new blades, it's another $12-$15.  If you switch a lot, it could get up there.  I'd guess I probably spend $50.

And I guarantee you my great-grandmother didn't shave.

I can't even with these special snowflake SAMDs who have convinced themselves that blogging and selling MLM bullshit and taking selfies and simply breathing is a "ministry."   Preening and being smug is not a ministry.  

Get you perky asses down to a soup kitchen or a battered woman's shelter if you want to do some good in this world.

I wish Jesus would come and overturn their makeup tables.

I use a metal straight razor, not because I'm a hipster or a SAHD with a side-gig as a potpourri juice shill, but because I'm insanely cheap. I never bought nice disposables in the first place, and was the queen of "use it till the single blade looks like a rusty fence", so my annual outlay was way less than $100. Still, a gimmick is a gimmick. You don't need to spend $$$ on a "nice" metal razor, or a bunch of perfumed soap in order to shave. I got my current razor as dead-stock vintage for $5, and before that, used an Alibaba cheapie that came in a 2-pack for $8.

This was fun:

Please keep us in your prayers. The enemy wants to tear down every good work we have done. Pray that God would keep us strong, make our way straight, and open the doors as we move forward. 

Or... and just hear me out on this girls... it's maybe not Satan complicating your lives? Maybe, JUST MAYBE, it's a complete lack of personal responsibility and common sense? I'm no Certified Essential Oil Gargler, but I can't help but feel that you guys are putting a whole lot of your own time and money into a business model that is designed to exploit people like you. And  in turn, I see you breathlessly trying to act artificially happy and pimple-free for a dwindling blog audience of people whom you theoretically hope to exploit someday too. 

So classy.

Someone at my office tried to convince me her oils could cure my bunions. I laughed in her face. I'm ready for the oil craze to die out. Rufus, please make it happen soon. Praise Rufus!  

38 minutes ago, SolomonFundy said:

potpourri juice shill

Certified Essential Oil Gargler

these 2 phrases are hysterical!  i may have to use them in real life.  

1 hour ago, SolomonFundy said:

I use a metal straight razor, not because I'm a hipster or a SAHD with a side-gig as a potpourri juice shill, but because I'm insanely cheap. I never bought nice disposables in the first place, and was the queen of "use it till the single blade looks like a rusty fence",

I admire your frugality, but I'm not brave enough for a straight razor. Maybe one day...

I originally switched over to an old-school safety razor to reduce the amount of plastic I use, but it also ended up saving me money. The last time I bought a box of double edged blades for my razor, it was around $7 for 100 blades. I use each blade several times, so that box lasts me about two years.

2 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

originally switched over to an old-school safety razor to reduce the amount of plastic I use

I'm thinking of switching for the same reason. Do you mind if I ask how your experience has been so far? 

2 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

I admire your frugality, but I'm not brave enough for a straight razor. Maybe one day...

I originally switched over to an old-school safety razor to reduce the amount of plastic I use, but it also ended up saving me money. The last time I bought a box of double edged blades for my razor, it was around $7 for 100 blades. I use each blade several times, so that box lasts me about two years.

Hmmm, I have some old razors, I actually think they may have been my grandfather's and he died before I was even born. Anyway, now you have me considering using them, but I don't think I've seen blades for sale in stores in many years. Where do you get them? 

1 hour ago, sta_sha said:

I'm thinking of switching for the same reason. Do you mind if I ask how your experience has been so far? 

I really prefer the safety razor over the various disposable razors I used to use. I  recommend finding a safety razor with a longer handle if possible. Having a longer handle makes it easier if you like to shave your legs standing up in the shower. 

When I first started using a safety razor, I sat on the edge of the bathtub to shave my legs a couple of times until I got used to it, but now I use it in the shower like I did with disposables. I like to take it apart after I use it, rinse it thoroughly, and then let the pieces air dry on the counter, so it's completely clean for my next shave. You do have to make sure you put it back together the right way, so that requires a bit more thought than disposables.

I'll warn you that you may start a trend if people notice your razor in your bathroom. After I got mine, my husband tried it, and he quickly switched over to a safety razor as well. 

7 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Get you perky asses down to a soup kitchen or a battered woman's shelter if you want to do some good in this world.

Seriously! When did ministry become just existing and letting others see you existing through selfies or reality tv? That's not a ministry. 

11 minutes ago, MayMay1123 said:

Anyway, now you have me considering using them, but I don't think I've seen blades for sale in stores in many years. Where do you get them? 

I buy mine through Amazon. I like the Derby Extra blades, but different people like different blades, so I would suggest trying one of their sampler packs to see which blades work best for you.

https://www.amazon.com/Double-Edge-Razor-Blade-Sample/dp/B00UN0LUWE/ref=sr_1_4_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1498525382&sr=8-4&keywords=safety+razor+blades+sampler

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived