IGNORED

The Boyer Sisters: Part 4

samurai_sarah

1 minute ago, Palimpsest said:

Well said, @EowynW.  It is a sad life.

When I wrote that long post yesterday I tried to think of something that Jessica was good at - other than singing.  All I could remember was that she said herself that she wasn't particularly talented at anything.  She called herself a Jack of all trades, IIRC.  She perpetually runs herself down, poor girl.

Jessica does seem to like gardening.  She does have seasonal employment working for a family friend's flower business.  It is only a couple of mornings a week 

Maybe she's great at higher math, or rock climbing, or stock trading, or personnel management, or political organizing? It's so fucking sad that she's never going to get the chance to find out. Personally, many of my talents lie in the traditionally domestic arts (cooking,  event planning, floral arrangement) but these talents were developed during the course of my career. If I was stuck at home who knows if I would have ever figured out what exactly I was good at.

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, EowynW said:

Yes it makes good snarking material but honestly, living it is very painful.

It's hard to watch, snark or no snark. J & C need a fairy grandma or someone to whisk them out from under their father's heavy thumb.

3 minutes ago, catlady said:

how can he not see that the life he assigned to his children doesn't suit them?

Because that life is all about HIM, that's why. He's happy so God's happy so no one else has a right to be unhappy.

25 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

How happy will Brigid be in her new nest if the stork fails to bring her the first of her 5-20 lil'darlings in the next year or two?

On the one hand, I can see what you're saying but on the other hand, I feel like Brigid is the sister most able to keep herself entertained. I agree with what @Palimpsest said in one of her posts, her sewing and crafts seem to be pretty creative and in the event that the "blessings" don't start arriving right away, who knows but that she might do something similar to Michael Bates Keilen and start sewing things to sell? 

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but Charlotte is trying to start a photography business. I hope it's okay to post this:

http://www.charlottebphotography.com/

I'm glad that she's using her talents to start something for herself. Now Jessica needs to get going with something! I seem to remember she was good at drawing. Maybe that's something she could pursue. 

I looked and found Jessica's insta dedicated to her illustrations:

https://www.instagram.com/jesskab_art/

There's some real talent there!

3 hours ago, JillsFlowerHeadband said:

On the one hand, I can see what you're saying but on the other hand, I feel like Brigid is the sister most able to keep herself entertained. I agree with what @Palimpsest said in one of her posts, her sewing and crafts seem to be pretty creative and in the event that the "blessings" don't start arriving right away, who knows but that she might do something similar to Michael Bates Keilen and start sewing things to sell? 

In addition to entertaining herself, I do think Brigid really does love her husband.  That isn't to say that not being able to have children when you really want them isn't a horrible thing to go through because it is. However, I do think she and her husband love each other, and enjoy each other's company.

I didn't understand TTFN at first so I thought Brigid pulled a Paris Hilton with TTYN... That would have been fun! 

(TTFN: ta-ta for now, TTYN: talk to you never)

3 hours ago, Mommit said:

There's some real talent there!

Thanks.  Good finds.  See, Jessica, you are good at something!

The only problems I see are that the Fundie photography market seems to be glutted, good as Charlotte is, and it is very hard to make a living wage by drawing.

1 hour ago, wikinggirl said:

TTFN: ta-ta for now

It's originally a UK 1940s expression.  Originally military it became very popular.   Mrs Mopp, a radio character, always signed off with it, I think.

I wonder where Brigid picked it up. 

15 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I learned "TTFN" from Tigger in a Winnie the Pooh movie. It's pretty wide spread, in my experience.

Looking at Charlottes page and it seems like she's at least open to shooting people from other religious affiliations. Though it's odd to ask at all.

IMG_4068.PNG

44 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

It's originally a UK 1940s expression.  Originally military it became very popular.   Mrs Mopp, a radio character, always signed off with it, I think.

28 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I learned "TTFN" from Tigger in a Winnie the Pooh movie. It's pretty wide spread, in my experience.

I think it's more likely she has it from wwii than Winnie the Pooh, since they loooove that era. 

There was a lot of good acronyms during the second world war. I don't know if anyone has heard the podcast "global pillage"? They have a world war 2 sexting round, and one of the acronyms they mention is NORWICH, which stood for (k)Nickers Off Ready When I Come Home. 

The photographs are lovely, unlike many of our esteemed fundie photographers who we snark about here. That said, the writing on that site could use some work.

I want to be your photographer for your life story.

Maybe Charlotte took passive voice writing advice from Sarah Maxwell.

Oh lord, maybe she really IS taking advice from the Maxwells...

Most of all, I am a sinner saved by grace through faith. This is not of myself, but is a gift from God. I have been washed clean through the saving blood of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. It is through Him and because of Him that I live, move, and have my being. I am nothing without my Lord, and He is the one who has given me the eye to see the photographs that I capture. He is the ultimate story-teller, creator, gift-giver, and loving Father in Heaven. My faith permeates every inch of my life, and it is my prayer that I will shine the light of Christ in everything that I do.

This is inappropriate for a professional site.

14 hours ago, FundiesInParis said:

Looking at Charlottes page and it seems like she's at least open to shooting people from other religious affiliations. Though it's odd to ask at all.

Or perhaps not.  It could be a screening device.

If you click Catholic, obviously not Christian (joke), Lutheran, apparently neither Christian nor Protestant, or Jewish she will be fully booked for your date. 

Non-Denominational Christian and Protestant Christian are OK.  I wonder how the Trail of Blood folk define themselves.  They are the True Christian Baptists whose beliefs skipped Catholicism completely so they aren't Protestants.

Other (please specify in wedding details).  Perhaps case by case, but if you specify anything other than Christian she is fully booked again.

13 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

This is inappropriate for a professional site.

Well, she isn't a professional.  It is also another screen to put off people who aren't the right kind of Christian and those pesky heathens.

I caught a few typos on that site too.

yeah, i didn't really like that she's asking about customers' religious affiliation.  that's none of her business, and if she's concerned about something like customs or attire at a particular place of worship, she should be asking that later on in the process.  i also noticed that there's no option for none or to decline answering; that alone would make me look elsewhere.

i didn't read closely enough to find typo's, but given what i've seen on the blog, i'm not surprised.

I wonder why she singled out Lutheran of all Protestant denominations? 

And which box would an Episcopalian check? I guess "Other" along with all the Muslims, Hindus, and atheists.

26 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

And which box would an Episcopalian check

Protestant.  Just to mess with her mind. :)

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Or perhaps not.  It could be a screening device.

If you click Catholic, obviously not Christian (joke), Lutheran, apparently neither Christian nor Protestant, or Jewish she will be fully booked for your date. 

I thought that it looked like a screening device too. 

And if it is for screening purposes I have a few questions: 

Since when is Lutheran not a "Protestant Christian". Does this stuck-up little twat even know what "Protestant" means? Does she know the history of the Christian church and Reformation? Does she know who Martin Luther is? How about any of the other great reformers? Does she know anything about the Lutheran church? 

Do fundies hate Lutherans like they hate Catholics? I'm from Minnesota so I am surrounded by Lutherans. Other than some very strict Catholics- I have never had anyone say anything especially negative about Lutherans. We're pretty fucking mild manner and welcoming. Miss Hoity-Toity could even come to a service, take communion, be told how much she is loved by God, and have people invite her to coffee hour while they fawn over her tacky-ass vintage wear. And after all that, she would still have the fucking nerve to condemn them.

If I misread this situation, I apologize for being so mean (Hi Gabe). If I'm correct about her views towards Lutherans (or others who are not the "right" Christians) then fuck her. Fuck this family. Fuck fundamentalist.  

3 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Protestant.  Just to mess with her mind. :)

But what about the Pagans and the Wiccans?  And how is she screening out same-sex couples? [Because you know she is!!!]

1 minute ago, spookytwoshoes said:

Does this stuck-up little twat even know what "Protestant" means? Does she know the history of the Christian church and Reformation? Does she know who Martin Luther is? How about any of the other great reformers? Does she know anything about the Lutheran church? 

I assume the answers to your five questions are: NO, NO, NO, NO, and finally, NO.

Never underestimate the religious ignorance of a Homeschooled Fundy.

12 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

But what about the Pagans and the Wiccans?  And how is she screening out same-sex couples? [Because you know she is!!!]

Hoping they'll self-screen, I guess. Under the "Wedding" section, she says this:

Woohoo, you're getting married! What an amazing season of life to be in! Marriage between a man and a woman is an incredible, beautiful covenant to be celebrated, and I am honored by every opportunity I get to photograph one.

And even if that fails, she asks for their social media links and "love story".

23 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Pagans and Wiccans come under "Other (please specify.)

Same sex?  She asks for both names of the couple.  So Joshua and Joseph can be screened out and so can Sarah and Anne.  Mary and Nehemiah can book her any time, but she might have a problem with some gender neutral names.  I would love to be a fly on the wall if she ever accidentally books a same sex couple.

23 minutes ago, spookytwoshoes said:

Do fundies hate Lutherans like they hate Catholics?

To many Fundies (I don't know about Charlotte) Lutherans are Catholic-lite.  So are Episcopalians and Methodists.  Beware!

My guess is that she lives in an area where there are a lot of Lutherans so that denomination just popped into her tiny badly educated mind.  Also that we have put a lot more thought into this than she has.  

You are welcome, Charlotte.   You spelled "minutes" wrong on that pricing form.  I look forward to the edited version.

I'm a Christian woman who was given the gift of sight.

From Jessica's art page. Is this supposed to sound all deep and spiritual because it sounds like she is saying "I'm Christian and I can also see." Why not say she was given the gift of drawing? 

I'm a heathen and I can also see. I can't draw very well though. 

I grew up in the Wilmington area, and I can think of like 1 or 2 Lutheran churches locally? It's mostly Methodists and there's a baptist megachurch in the area. So I've got no clue where she pulled Lutheran from.

3 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

From Jessica's art page. Is this supposed to sound all deep and spiritual because it sounds like she is saying "I'm Christian and I can also see." Why not say she was given the gift of drawing? 

I'm a heathen and I can also see. I can't draw very well though. 

I initially read that as "I have the gift of Sight" and thought she was setting up as a Christian psychic.

40 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I initially read that as "I have the gift of Sight" and thought she was setting up as a Christian psychic.

Yeah, that's what I read it as too. I've never heard anyone talk about having the gift of sight except to mean they could see into the future. Was very confused as that hardly seemed Boyer-approved.

I don't have any big aspirations for the Boyer sisters but what would be wrong with working in a thrift shop? Or a clothing resale shop? That seems right up their alley and they don't need a college education for that kind of work. 

2 hours ago, spookytwoshoes said:

Since when is Lutheran not a "Protestant Christian". Does this stuck-up little twat even know what "Protestant" means? Does she know the history of the Christian church and Reformation? Does she know who Martin Luther is? How about any of the other great reformers? Does she know anything about the Lutheran church? 

Do fundies hate Lutherans like they hate Catholics? I'm from Minnesota so I am surrounded by Lutherans. Other than some very strict Catholics- I have never had anyone say anything especially negative about Lutherans. We're pretty fucking mild manner and welcoming. Miss Hoity-Toity could even come to a service, take communion, be told how much she is loved by God, and have people invite her to coffee hour while they fawn over her tacky-ass vintage wear. And after all that, she would still have the fucking nerve to condemn them.

While I doubt she has any idea about historical context or complex theology, there are different varieties of Lutherans.  ELCAs are very chill and would be very much as you described above, but Missouri Synod Lutherans can be assholes, for lack of a better term.  I've heard of some Missouri Synod churches where women aren't allowed to speak in church; they basically sound quite close to some of the IFB churches that we follow here. However, this probably would make her like the Missouri Synods far more than the ELCA branches, where submission is a nonissue, modesty not really discussed, and LGBTIA+ people welcomed. All this to say...most Lutherans are awesome, but some are insane.  Just like every other religion. :)

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived