IGNORED

Trump 12: Nevertheless, She Persisted (Let's do the same!)

Destiny

I think you've noticed by now that I like it when the GOP is hit over the head with their own words. :pb_lol:

So here's another example, this time from Dwight Eisenhower.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not finished reading the full text from last night, but I'm stunned at the ignorance of the people we are surrounded by. STUNNED. This fucking wall, for example. Do people honestly think that we will see any legitimate decrease in drugs and crime because of a wall between us and Mexico? People truly believe Mexicans are the reason we have crime in the US? I find this absurd. And that's a major understatement. 

Furthermore, this idiot gives ONE speech that doesn't sound completely unhinged, incoherent and batshit crazy, and now he's the greatest president ever? 

Lastly (for now), when he was talking about the Navy SEAL, Ryan, and he quoted the Bible, I could have thrown my phone. He took that verse about laying one's life down for others completely out of context. It's really about serving others, putting others first. Not dying because of some idiot. 

I continue to be appalled at the stupidity of those around me. 

@fraurosenaThank you for the Eisenhower quote - I am actually beginning to believe that he was not only a great President  (which he was) but that he was actually to the left of today's Democratic Party. Politics in the US have had a seismic shift to the right in the last 30 years. He would be so ashamed that tRump claimed a Republican label.

1 minute ago, sawasdee said:

@fraurosenaThank you for the Eisenhower quote - I am actually beginning to believe that he was not only a great President  (which he was) but that he was actually to the left of today's Democratic Party. Politics in the US have had a seismic shift to the right in the last 30 years. He would be so ashamed that tRump claimed a Republican label.

Hell, even Ronald Reagan would be too liberal for the reich wing clowns in there today.  Reagan, Eisenhower, and Lincoln would get teabagged right out the GOP today.

The party of Eisenhower and Lincoln is dead and gone.  It's been replaced with a hollow shell that fucks everyone over.

It's scary how low the bar is set for Trump. Even the Irish news sites are commending him for his performance last night, although several of them are quite tongue-in-cheek in pointing out that he didn't rant, rave, mumble or repeat nonsense catchphrases as would have been expected.

So he can read an autocue and stick to it without going off message. Big whoop.....

:dislike:

6 hours ago, iweartanktops said:

I feel dirty having watched the clip of 45 exploiting that Navy SEAL"s widow. I gagged at him saying Ryan must be happy now that they broke some kind of (standing ovation) record. WHAT? And people are actually saying that's so presidential? 45 couldn't even be bothered to watch the mission! 

I just watched a clip of that and share your disgust. Mrs. Owens just lost her husband and was trying with every fiber of her being to not start bawling like a baby on national television. I cannot begin to imagine her grief, and exploiting her pain like this is just monstrous. Whoever thought this was a good idea should be horsewhipped.

I liked Van Jones after his post election speech about whitelashing, but ever since he did those specials with Trump supporters My intense dislike has just grown and this does not surprise me either.

The bar for this man has been set so incredible low it's so disgusting.

1 hour ago, 47of74 said:

Hell, even Ronald Reagan would be too liberal for the reich wing clowns in there today.  Reagan, Eisenhower, and Lincoln would get teabagged right out the GOP today.

The party of Eisenhower and Lincoln is dead and gone.  It's been replaced with a hollow shell that fucks everyone over.

Please add my favorite Republican to the list- Teddy Roosevelt. Not only did he give us more National Parks and natural areas, he also was the trust buster who went after big business. I'm fascinated with the book, Titan, the story of John D. Rockefeller. He was brilliant building his unregulated empire, but I love the way Roosevelt put through regulations and took him down. I could easily vote for Roosevelt without holding my nose.

56 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

Whoever thought this was a good idea should be horsewhipped.

I've got just the whip too for that task!

UltimateWhip.jpg

2 hours ago, iweartanktops said:

I'm not finished reading the full text from last night, but I'm stunned at the ignorance of the people we are surrounded by. STUNNED. This fucking wall, for example. Do people honestly think that we will see any legitimate decrease in drugs and crime because of a wall between us and Mexico? People truly believe Mexicans are the reason we have crime in the US? I find this absurd. And that's a major understatement. 

The US-Mexican border is such a small portion of the US circumference, but it's the portion that some people get overexcited about.  Do they really think criminals are incapable of entering the US anywhere except at the Mexican border?  I can't be the only one who watched Frozen River.

12 minutes ago, JMarie said:

The US-Mexican border is such a small portion of the US circumference, but it's the portion that some people get overexcited about.  Do they really think criminals are incapable of entering the US anywhere except at the Mexican border?  I can't be the only one who watched Frozen River.

There's a meme going around showing how people could go over the water to get in to the US.  I think that would become a popular way to get in if Agent Fuck Face decided to build his wall.  What would he do then?  Expand the wall over the gulf?  Block off all the coastlines?  Idiot.

25 minutes ago, JMarie said:

It's also ridiculous because crime is not a result of Mexicans entering our country. It's just not. There are plenty of white Americans making and distributing meth, murdering people, abducting children, raping, sexually abusing, etc. The whole idea is ridiculous. 

3 minutes ago, iweartanktops said:

It's also ridiculous because crime is not a result of Mexicans entering our country. It's just not. There are plenty of white Americans making and distributing meth, murdering people, abducting children, raping, sexually abusing, etc. The whole idea is ridiculous. 

A couple years ago a woman was raped and murdered here by a US Citizen of Marshallese descent.  Of course that got the local idiots going and wanting to reenact Kristilnacht and what happened in Tulsa in 1921 with local minority groups, not just the Marshallese.  I sent a letter to the local paper saying, look, we could be 101% white and we would still have violent crime happening around here so people need to stop being such fucking racists.

Trump's stupid wall will have to go through Big Bend National Park, and the thought of that makes me stabby.

From Salon:

The West Texas region that borders the Mexican states of Chihuahua and Coahuila, which is where I lived from birth until I graduated high school, is geographically intimidating territory: mountainous desert that is hot, dry and desolate and so steep and treacherous in places that it’s frankly impossible to imagine building Trump’s “big, beautiful wall” there. Every time he has talked about it for the past year and a half, all it did for me was to drive home how little he knows about the region of the country he blithely wants to tear up in a fit of anti-immigrant hysteria.

[...]

Brewster County, where I went to high school, has a population of less than 10,000 people spread out over 6,000 square miles, some of which overlaps with Big Bend National Park. Last week Brewster County commissioners unanimously voted for a resolution opposing Trump’s executive order to build the border wall.

http://www.salon.com/2017/02/24/west-texas-says-no-for-many-people-along-the-border-trumps-wall-fantasy-is-a-nightmare/

Click on through to see some nice pictures of Big Bend. 

Guys, keep your fingers crossed:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/twitter-takes-more-proactive-approach-to-finding-trolls-1488394514?mod=e2tw

Twitter Inc. said Wednesday it will use software to proactively find users who harass others, taking some of the burden off its users to report abuse in an attempt to preserve its audience.

This just might mean that Twitter might block the Terrible Troll Tantrum Tweeting Tangerine Toddler!

:handgestures-fingerscrossed:

4 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Guys, keep your fingers crossed:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/twitter-takes-more-proactive-approach-to-finding-trolls-1488394514?mod=e2tw

This just might mean that Twitter might block the Terrible Troll Tantrum Tweeting Tangerine Toddler!

:handgestures-fingerscrossed:

praying.jpg

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name.....

I would pay cash money to see the fit Caligula Jr. and Cult 45 would throw if he was booted off of Twitter.

2 hours ago, 47of74 said:

praying.jpg

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name.....

I would pay cash money to see the fit Caligula Jr. and Cult 45 would throw if he was booted off of Twitter.

I would too! I bet I'd hear the tantrum at my house, which is just over 15 miles from the White House.

I can't copy here, because you have to see the GIFs, but this is interesting: "Congress’s telling body language during six key moments of Trump’s address"

I didn't watch the shit show last night either. After reading what all of you have said here, I'm even more annoyed by Cheeto than before. I can't believe how he didn't go off topic and mention how big the crowd was. :my_rolleyes: But also reading what you've all said here still gives me hope that there are still sane people in this country.

Watch and see how everything will be just fine and dandy now. The Republicans in Congress will get everything they want and to hell with everyone else. His idiot worshipers will brag, taunt and tease at how he's the best president EVER! It wouldn't surprise me if the Trump/Russia business is quietly swept under the rug now. Not that I want any of this to happen of course, it's mostly just me being pissy. I even saw a few people on Twitter mention how disrespectful the Democrats were for not clapping. Fuck that shit. Trump can shove his big, beautiful wall up his ass.

I can't take it.

Thinking about a wall in the Big Bend area breaks my heart.  It's beautiful rugged country that will despoiled by a Wall. 

The Rio Grande is dammed up to form two very long reservoirs along the Texas - Mexico border:  Falcon International Reservoir and Lake Amistad.  There is simply no way to close off the shore line for either. It's a geographic impossibility, although I'm sure they will try.  The water depth in Falcon Lake can fluctuate by 40 to 50 feet.   The topography in the area is flat-ish;  the high water line can be very, very far away when the water line recedes during prolonged droughts.  

34 minutes ago, HeathenBlondie said:

I even saw a few people on Twitter mention how disrespectful the Democrats were for not clapping. Fuck that shit. Trump can shove his big, beautiful wall up his ass.

I can't take it.

I made the mistake of reading the Letters to the Editor section of my local newspaper this morning. An elderly Trump supporter was very upset that people in another state were exercising their First Amendment rights in regards to Trump. She then proceeded to say that while she believed in free speech, she thought maybe it should be illegal to make negative comments about other people, and then implored everyone to pray for Trump. :pb_rollseyes:

I keep thinking back to all of the articles I've read over the last year about the authoritarian streak that runs through so much of conservative Christianity. 

And the Russia plot thickens: "Sessions spoke twice with Russian ambassador during Trump’s presidential campaign, Justice officials say"

Then-Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) spoke twice last year with Russia’s ambassador to the United States, Justice Department officials said, encounters he did not disclose when asked about possible contacts between members of President Trump’s campaign and representatives of Moscow during Sessions’s confirmation hearing to become attorney general.

One of the meetings was a private conversation between Sessions and Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak that took place in September in the senator’s office, at the height of what U.S. intelligence officials say was a Russian cyber campaign to upend the U.S. presidential race.

The previously undisclosed discussions could fuel new congressional calls for the appointment of a special counsel to investigate Russia’s alleged role in the 2016 presidential election. As attorney general, Sessions oversees the Justice Department and the FBI, which have been leading investigations into Russian meddling and any links to Trump’s associates. He has so far resisted calls to recuse himself.

At his Jan. 10 Judiciary Committee confirmation hearing, Sessions was asked by Sen. Al Franken, a Minnesota Democrat, what he would do if he learned of any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of the 2016 campaign.

“I’m not aware of any of those activities,” he responded. He added: “I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians.”

Officials said Sessions did not consider the conversations relevant to the lawmakers’ questions and did not remember in detail what he discussed with Kislyak.

“There was absolutely nothing misleading about his answer,” said Sarah Isgur Flores, Sessions’s spokeswoman.

In January, Sen. Patrick J. Leahy (D-Vt.) asked Sessions for answers to written questions. “Several of the President-elect’s nominees or senior advisers have Russian ties. Have you been in contact with anyone connected to any part of the Russian government about the 2016 election, either before or after election day?” Leahy wrote.

Sessions responded with one word: “No.”

When asked to comment on Sessions’s contacts with Kislyak, Franken said in a statement to The Washington Post on Wednesday: “If it’s true that Attorney General Sessions met with the Russian ambassador in the midst of the campaign, then I am very troubled that his response to my questioning during his confirmation hearing was, at best, misleading.

Franken added: “It is now clearer than ever that the attorney general cannot, in good faith, oversee an investigation at the Department of Justice and the FBI of the Trump-Russia connection, and he must recuse himself immediately.”

More than a year later, he spoke about fostering a stronger relationship with the Kremlin. In a July 2016 interview with CNN’s “State of the Union,” Sessions praised Trump’s plan to build better relations with Russian President Vladimir Putin.

“Donald Trump is right. We need to figure out a way to end this cycle of hostility that’s putting this country at risk, costing us billions of dollars in defense, and creating hostilities,” Sessions told CNN.

Asked if he viewed Putin as a good or bad leader, Sessions told CNN: “We have a lot of bad leaders around the world that operate in ways we would never tolerate in the United States. But the question is, can we have a more peaceful, effective relationship with Russia? Utilizing interests that are similar in a realistic way to make this world a safer place and get off this dangerous hostility with Russia? I think it’s possible.”

No big surprise, but what a fucking liar.

2 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

I made the mistake of reading the Letters to the Editor section of my local newspaper this morning. An elderly Trump supporter was very upset that people in another state were exercising their First Amendment rights in regards to Trump. She then proceeded to say that while she believed in free speech, she thought maybe it should be illegal to make negative comments about other people, and then implored everyone to pray for Trump. :pb_rollseyes:

I keep thinking back to all of the articles I've read over the last year about the authoritarian streak that runs through so much of conservative Christianity. 

Lol "I'm all for free speech but only if people are nice to the people I like." Sorry lady. I don't think "free speech" means what you think it means. 

The GOP and their voters disgusting. They've proved they'll lie, cheat, and whatever else since it grants them a free pass to fuck everyone over. Yet another case of old assholes like the woman above screwing things over leaving my generation to clean up the mess, meanwhile moaning about how we're all whiners. Fuck off. 

35 minutes ago, RoseWilder said:

This seems like it's too good to be true. Dare we hope? 

And this is what Kellyanne said to redirect everyone's attention

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/01/politics/erin-burnett-debbie-wasserman-schultz-trump-speech-cnntv/index.html

Democratic Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz criticized the White House on Wednesday night after Kellyanne Conway retweeted an allegation that Wasserman Schultz did not stand or clap during a standing ovation for the widow of a slain Navy SEAL during President Donald Trump's address to Congress.

Conway, one of the President's top advisers, responded to someone else's tweet by writing, "Hope this is not true. It was a moment of unity and deserved recognition."

Video of the speech posted to the White House website shows Democrats and Republicans rise for a standing ovation within seconds, including Wasserman Schultz.

• Destiny locked this topic
  • Destiny unpinned this topic

Archived