IGNORED

Trump 12: Nevertheless, She Persisted (Let's do the same!)

Destiny

7 minutes ago, LeftCoastLurker said:

the solitary piece of citrus

A real orange?  You know, once it shrivels and attracts fruit flies, it will pretty much be just like Trump and his minions.  (Yes, I'm in a fine mood today, lol!)

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

A real orange?  You know, once it shrivels and attracts fruit flies, it will pretty much be just like Trump and his minions.  (Yes, I'm in a fine mood today, lol!)

And gets all green and moldy.

3 hours ago, Howl said:

Rather than a tide turning, politicians will always think strategically about how to save their own asses; it's what they do -- and I think that's what is happening here. 

To clarify, when I say "the tide is turning," I don't mean the Republicans are suddenly becoming people of integrity. With the exception of Senator Susan Collins, who has behaved with integrity on other occasions as well, I think they're only trying to save themselves. 

I just mean the tide is turning towards investigation and, hopefully, then impeachment. I don't even care at this point why the Republicans want to investigate, I just want this crazy person out of office before he gets us all nuked. And sadly, we're going to need a lot of the Republicans on board to accomplish that. 

This made my morning. :laughing-jumpingpurple:

37 minutes ago, LeftCoastLurker said:

From a larger article in my hometown paper. I feel very lucky to live where it's 70% plus blue

Reveal hidden contents

That’s a question on a lot of people’s minds about an orange Judge Elliot Daum is displaying on the wall of his Santa Rosa courtroom in the space once reserved for a portrait of the sitting U.S. president.

President Barack Obama’s picture came down after Donald Trump was elected and appears to have been replaced by the solitary piece of citrus, which sits alone on a small shelf near the state seal and U.S. and California flags.

4 hours ago, formergothardite said:

If Trump gets impeached do we get to finally get rid of Bannon?

I would imagine that whoever ends up being President after Trump is impeached (I say whoever is president because I'm still not convinced that Pence knew nothing) will have to clean house at the White House in order to distance themselves from the scandal. 

I read somewhere, I think it was on Palmer Report (which has had a really good track record for accuracy) that Mike Pence doesn't like Steve Bannon and wants him gone. I hope it's true. I want Spicer, Conway, Miller and Bannon all gone. 

We know this already, but it's still eye-popping when you see the evidence:

22 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

I've said for years, that if I were an evil person, I could start rumors at the various fever swamp sites that ingesting toxic substances every day is the secret to losing weight, curing impotence, preventing hair-loss, etc., and people like Trump would fall for it. 

It embarrasses me that our new president is such an easy mark. :pb_sad:

22 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

I've said for years, that if I were an evil person, I could start rumors at the various fever swamp sites that ingesting toxic substances every day is the secret to losing weight, curing impotence, preventing hair-loss, etc., and people like Trump would fall for it. 

It embarrasses me that our new president is such an easy mark. :pb_sad:

Or we could be good people and start rumors at these fever swamp sites that education is actually good for you. Might do the trick... :kitty-wink:

It's becoming quite clear which Senators have something to hide: 

And it appears that there are some people in the House of Representatives who have something to hide as well: 

This entire situation with senators and reps trying to stop investigations needs to be reframed as "what are they hiding." Because I've reached a point where I think the senators/reps who are blocking investigations are doing it because they were in on the Russian scandal. 

I hate Burr. He is just awful. Truly, truly awful. I have no doubt he has something to hide. 

10 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I hate Burr. He is just awful. Truly, truly awful. I have no doubt he has something to hide. 

Wouldn't it be so satisfying to see all the people in government who are the most repulsive go down when this Russia scandal explodes. 

One of the people who is investigating this put up financial records that show that Paul Ryan, Governor Scott Walker, Mitch McConnell and Marc Rubio and Jason Chavettz (sp?) all took campaign money from Russia. 

When this scandal finally fully blows up, I think it's going to wipe out tons of Republicans. 

2 minutes ago, RoseWilder said:

I think it's going to wipe out tons of Republicans. 

The whole Trump mess would be worth it if a ton of Republicans go down with him. A good bit of NC would be thrilled to see Burr go. 

Time for another Russian Round-Up (and let me know if you're tired of these, because I feel like I'm posting TONS of articles about Russia lately): 

1. Russian Billionaire might be the link between Trump and Russia: 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/russian-billionaire-could-between-trump-224555897.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

He was a business partner with a former Donald Trump campaign manager. He’s a wealthy Russian oligarch who made billions in natural gas—possibly with help from President Vladimir Putin—and he was also tied to Ukraine’s Russia-friendly former President Viktor Yanukovych.  

It’s also possible he might be a missing link to Trump and his campaign and administration’s alleged ties to Russia. It doesn't end there: He may be headed to the United States to face racketeering charges.

His name is Dmitry Firtash and an Austrian appeals court ruled Tuesday that he could be extradited to the U.S., overturning a lower court’s ruling and flipping his fate over to Austria’s Ministry of Justice, Bloomberg reported.

2. Republicans in the House expected to kill Trump-Russia investigation: 

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/trump-conflicts-house-resolution-235288

House Republicans next week plan to derail a Democratic resolution that would have forced disclosure of President Donald Trump's potential ties with Russia and any possible business conflicts of interest, according to multiple House sources.

Seeking to avoid a full House vote on the so-called “resolution of inquiry” — a roll call that would be particularly embarrassing and divisive for the right — Republicans will send proposal by Rep. Jerry Nadler (D-N.Y.) to the House Judiciary Committee for a panel vote on Tuesday, two Democratic sources said. The GOP-controlled committee is expected to kill the resolution.

3. Elizabeth Warren is working on another angle to this Russian scandal: 

http://www.palmerreport.com/opinion/trump-russia-elizabeth-warren-probes-donald-trump-adviser-anthony-scaramucci-role/1635/

Even with the Senate Intelligence Committee now setting its sights on getting Michael Flynn to testify over his role in the Donald Trump and Russia scandal, and the Senate Judiciary Committee pursuing the transcripts of Flynn’s phone calls with Russia, another Senator is pursuing yet another emerging figure in the scandal. Elizabeth Warren is probing into Trump adviser Anthony Scaramucci, who appears to have violated the law with his interactions with Russia.

Scaramucci was originally supposed to head Donald Trump’s White House Office of Public Liaison and Intergovernmental Affairs, but three weeks ago the New York Times reported that he wouldn’t be taking the senior position after all, and might instead end up with a lesser White House role. At the time, his financial conflicts were listed as the reason. But it turns out the Trump White House may have simply been trying to Scaramucci off the radar to his illegal interactions with Russia.

Well, this is horrifying: 

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-white-house-staff-confide-communicate-app-auto-delete-messages-leaks-russia-us-a7581046.html

Donald Trump’s White House staff are using a secret communications app which erases messages as soon as they are read, it has been reported.

The alleged practice is thought to be due to concern over continuing leaks from staff to the media, which has been a source of growing frustration and often embarrassment for the Trump administration.

The app 'Confide', deletes messages once they have been opened on a device, meaning that there is no record of them or their content thereafter.

29 minutes ago, RoseWilder said:

Time for another Russian Round-Up (and let me know if you're tired of these, because I feel like I'm posting TONS of articles about Russia lately):

I appreciate your round-ups.  Today's contacts with my reps included a plea to press forward with the Trump-Russia investigation and a reminder that we haven't yet seen promised evidence of massive voter fraud (yes, still looking for those voters bused into New Hampshire).  I am very afraid that Trump is going to instigate some big distraction and we'll forget about the yuge issue of Russian interference in our political system.

I may have mentioned his income tax returns, too.  :angry-devil:  So many issues, so much anger and concern!

11 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

I am very afraid that Trump is going to instigate some big distraction and we'll forget about the yuge issue of Russian interference in our political system.

I'm actually very hopeful that people won't get distracted. A couple of weeks ago, the press stopped talking about Russia, and it appeared as if Trump had managed to bury the story. But it turned out that they were just quietly investigating and last week TONS of new information came out. 

In the last week, Trump has thrown all kinds of distractions out there, and it still hasn't caused the Russia-Trump speculation to die down. I think interest is building. The White House and the Republicans in congress are doing everything they can to stop this, but I think it's gotten too big for them to stop it. 

The walls are closing in on Trump. I think we've reached the point of no return with the Russia stuff. It's just going to take a few more Republicans who want to save their own skin for this thing to really take off. We're almost there. 

Amy Siskind does a Facebook post each week detailing the events since Trump was elected, here's the one for week 15:

Have I told you yet how wonderful Keith Olbermann is?

I did, didn't I? :my_angel:

2 hours ago, RoseWilder said:

I'm actually very hopeful that people won't get distracted. A couple of weeks ago, the press stopped talking about Russia, and it appeared as if Trump had managed to bury the story. But it turned out that they were just quietly investigating and last week TONS of new information came out. 

In the last week, Trump has thrown all kinds of distractions out there, and it still hasn't caused the Russia-Trump speculation to die down. I think interest is building. The White House and the Republicans in congress are doing everything they can to stop this, but I think it's gotten too big for them to stop it. 

The walls are closing in on Trump. I think we've reached the point of no return with the Russia stuff. It's just going to take a few more Republicans who want to save their own skin for this thing to really take off. We're almost there. 

The walls closing is a very apt description.  But when a deranged rabid jackal get cornered, he gets even more dangerous.  Of course in agent orange's case, I'm also worried about his supporters.

5 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Sigh.  Does he believe it or is it just saying it because his orange jackbooted zombies suck up his every word.  And where are his handlers? They know this isn't true. Can nobody stop him for making such an ass of this country?  I'd love to find a way to plant a fake news that the moon landings were fake.  Then  have him post that.

3 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

I appreciate your round-ups.  Today's contacts with my reps included a plea to press forward with the Trump-Russia investigation and a reminder that we haven't yet seen promised evidence of massive voter fraud (yes, still looking for those voters bused into New Hampshire).  I am very afraid that Trump is going to instigate some big distraction and we'll forget about the yuge issue of Russian interference in our political system.

I may have mentioned his income tax returns, too.  :angry-devil:  So many issues, so much anger and concern!

Hundreds, thousands, millions of illegal voters bused all over the country!  It is true because somebody, I know who knows somebody, who heard about it on the radio or was it the T.V.... or was it on his foil hat?  Doesn't matter it is TRUE

Filled with rage is how one of my cousins described her feelings about the current situation.  I'm with her on that.

42 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Have I told you yet how wonderful Keith Olbermann is?

I did, didn't I? :my_angel:

Stand in line! He is dreamy, and as I've said here before my future husband. Him and Jamie Raskin.  When Mr. One Kid and I left a town hall lead by Raskin a few weeks ago i announced to hubby that, yes, I had a crush on the Congressman.  He just laughed and asked me if I had thrown Kieth off in favor of Raskin.  I said, no,  I can have 'em both.  Oh sheesh  I sound like a stalker.

6 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Hundreds, thousands, millions of illegal voters bused all over the country!  It is true because somebody, I know who knows somebody, who heard about it on the radio or was it the T.V.... or was it on his foil hat?  Doesn't matter it is TRUE

Filled with rage is how one of my cousins described her feelings about the current situation.  I'm with her on that.

Stand in line! He is dreamy, and as I've said here before my future husband. Him and Jamie Raskin.  When Mr. One Kid and I left a town hall lead by Raskin a few weeks ago i announced to hubby that, yes, I had a crush on the Congressman.  He just laughed and asked me if I had thrown Kieth off in favor of Raskin.  I said, no,  I can have 'em both.  Oh sheesh  I sound like a stalker.

Don't forget John Oliver!! They could be brother husbands...

"Thousands of furious Trump fans can’t stop visiting a website that pretends Clinton won". A couple of excerpts:

It’s just over a month into Hillary Clinton’s historic presidency, and Milo Yiannopoulos works as a Starbucks barista, the Koch brothers have fled the country and the first woman to occupy the Oval Office is the sober, exacting policy wonk that millions of Americans expected.

Her approval ratings are skyrocketing, her news conferences “oppressively intelligent,” “boring” and “too sane.” 

And her vanquished political opponent, Donald Trump, is on the verge of being charged with treason by the Department of Justice.

This liberal fantasy on steroids arrives courtesy of Hillarybeattrump.org, a satirical news site designed to dive deeply under the skin of President Trump and anyone who supports him.

The site channels the Onion’s humor, the National Enquirer’s whacked-out headlines and the Huffington Post’s progressive indignation. It’s a parody-based parallel universe whose creator intended for it to serve as a trap for Trump supporters online, with a mocking masthead that says: “President Hillary Rodham Clinton.”

In recent days, Breitbart, Fox News, Yiannopoulos and the Daily Caller singled out the site as “fake news” and a place for liberals to seek “refuge from reality.”

The site’s founder — a 30-year-old East Coast writer who asked spoke on the condition of anonymity for fear of becoming a conservative target in real life — told The Washington Post that her conservative critics are partially correct: Hillarybeattrump is meant to serve as a refuge from reality for liberals.

But mostly, she said, it’s a chance to troll the opposition whose party actually won the presidency.

“I wanted it to be a joyful middle finger,” the site’s founder said when reached by phone. “I didn’t want to wallow or argue with people who can’t be argued with. There’s something about humor as confrontation that I instinctively thought would work — like a good right jab that I could keep using.”

The joke, it would seem, is not hard to get, even when the joke is just barely a joke. Using humor as protest, the site operates according to the plainly stated position that Clinton is, in fact, the 45th president of the United States.

If her bulging inbox of violent and misogynistic hate mail is any indication, the bait appears to be working with some unsettling results. Since Hillarybeattrump.org was picked up on the conservative-media radar, the site’s creator says it’s been getting about 200,000 visitors per day — enough to keep her busy deleting angry emails for a solid hour each night.

In recent days, she said, news about the site bubbled up on 4chan and various subreddits before appearing on the Daily Caller and then Breitbart and Fox News. The entire journey from the fringes of the conservative map to the news spotlight took about 12 hours, she said.

Now, as if on cue, the furious email stream gushes any time she publishes a post that identifies Clinton as president.

“You can always find your paradise in heaven,” one reader said in an email the site’s founder shared with The Post. “Its just one bullet away.”

“Your dad must have abused you while mom watched, right?” another reader added. “YES Liberalism IS A METAL DISORDER and YOU ARE POOF!”

The founder said the vitriolic reaction says less about her content than it does about her new readers.

“I think it has to be a deep sense of insecurity, and I think they also can’t abide by dissent,” she said.

“I’ve been amazed by how willfully determined they are not to get the joke,” she added.

I swear, even though I despise pretty much anyone in Agent Orange's orbit, I would never advocate killing them; I just want them to go far, far away. The deranged far-right commentators threatening her because she dares to not deify the tangerine toddler is pathetic.

8 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

"Thousands of furious Trump fans can’t stop visiting a website that pretends Clinton won". A couple of excerpts:

I swear, even though I despise pretty much anyone in Agent Orange's orbit, I would never advocate killing them; I just want them to go far, far away. The deranged far-right commentators threatening her because she dares to not deify the tangerine toddler is pathetic.

Today I was talking to Mr. One kid about Orange shit stain.  I said I'd might like to see him frog marched across a yard in a Federal prison. And in an orange (oh the irony) orange jump suite.  I'd like to put Bannon in the hole as well.  Keep him segregated so he can't join up with the Aryan brotherhood because you know that is just what he would do. And not some club Fed..No put them both in super max.

7 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

MINE! I WILL FIGHT YOU!

8 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Today I was talking to Mr. One kid about Orange shit stain.  I said I'd might like to see him frog marched across a yard in a Federal prison. And in an orange (oh the irony) orange jump suite.  I'd like to put Bannon in the hole as well.  Keep in segregated so he can't join up with the Aryan brotherhood because you know that is just what he would do. And not some club Fed..No put them both in super max.

They could have adjoining cells at Red Onion. It's in the deepest of deep red areas, so they'd feel at home. Poor little Drumpfy would die because he would lose access to Twitter and Faux News. Honestly, I'd still rather just banish them all to a deserted island, it would be cheaper for all of us.

7 minutes ago, Destiny said:

MINE! I WILL FIGHT YOU!

Okay, can I just borrow him on occasion? :my_smile:

"Melania and Ivanka's plastic feminism cover up Trump's misogyny". The article begins:

In his press conference last week, in which President Trump ranted and raved that he wasn't ranting and raving, he answered a question about his wife, Melania. "That's what I call a very nice question," he said, apparently relieved to stop talking about his own policies, before saying the first lady feels very strongly about "women's issues" and "women's difficulties."

Trump didn't specify what these "issues" and "difficulties" might be. One presumes that, despite the phrasing, he probably meant things like equal pay and health care, and not what old men usually mean when they cryptically speak about our "difficulties."

He then swiftly regressed into thin-skinned indignation, complaining that despite the first lady's strength as an advocate for women, "she gets so unfairly maligned."

Observers of this White House may be wondering when, exactly, Mrs. Trump became a feminist advocate. Unless you count her general abdication of some archaic and deeply silly first lady duties -- Mrs. Trump prefers her New York penthouse over the White House, prompting concerns she won't adequately oversee flower arrangements and the annual Easter Egg roll -- she isn't exactly a feminist firebrand.

In framing her as an advocate for women's rights when there is close to zero evidence she has ever actually advocated for women's rights, Trump told us more about himself than he did about her: Women are good for photo ops, not for real positions of power.

• Destiny locked this topic
  • Destiny unpinned this topic

Archived