IGNORED

Emmett Till accuser recants

ShepherdontheRock

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/emmett-accuser-exaggerated-claims-led-lynching-article-1.2957336?utm_content=bufferf3420&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

This woman who accused Emmett Till, black boy aged 14, of lewdly hitting on her, prompting him to get brutally lynched. His killers were acquitted by an all-white jury even though they were obviously guilty.

Now she recanted, because she feels guilty. 

...no words...

7 minutes ago, ShepherdontheRock said:

Now she recanted, because she feels guilty. 

Well, her words let to Emmett's death. She should feel guilty. Even when I saw the documentary about this in high school, I was sitting there thinking, "There's gotta be a lie somewhere along the way."

I guess it's good that she's admitting what everyone else has already known for 60 odd years (except the jury, of course), but I still feel mad about it. And the murders of Trayvon Martin, Michael Brown, Tamir Rice, etc show that American society hasn't changed as much as many would like to think.

And not even really apologizing for directly causing the death of a 14-year-old boy who did NOTHING to her. Just a "my b" 60 years after she let her husband murder an innocent child. If she thinks this absolves her, it doesn't. I try not to be quite this hateful but rot in hell, you racist, murderous hag.

Even if he did in fact do it, that doesn't justify being tortured to death. 

I hope that if a hell exists, Roy Bryant and J.W. Miliam are burning in it right now. 

And if Carolyn Bryant doesn't face legal repercussions for this, she definitely should. Fuck her too. She's just as guilty. 

Shaun King provides some excellent commentary.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/king-woman-lied-emmett-prosecuted-article-1.2957828

She knew exactly what she was doing. Lynchings were common in those days and she must have known Emmett was going to be attacked if not lynched. She had 60 years to speak up and didn't. Emmett's mother died without getting any justice for her son. She reminded me of the mother of the Moors murder victim Keith Bennett, his mother died without Knowing where his body was. And like Brady and Hindley, Carolyn Bryant has no empathy for Emmett's mother or she would have revealed to Emmett's mother what actually happened that day and why she lied. 

If it were my family I'd still be telling her where she could go and how she could get there.  It's a little too late for her to apologize and expect forgiveness. 

She's probably only confessing now because she's aging and starting to get worried about the afterlife. 

What a terrible, awful woman. I couldn't have lived for 60+ years knowing a lie of mine was responsible for a child getting brutally murdered.

13 minutes ago, princessmahina said:

She's probably only confessing now because she's aging and starting to get worried about the afterlife. 

What a terrible, awful woman. I couldn't have lived for 60+ years knowing a lie of mine was responsible for a child getting brutally murdered.

Yup, I immediately thought she is considering facing the fires of hell for what she did and decided to sort of apologize. What a nasty racist woman. 

If it were my family I'd still be telling her where she could go and how she could get there.  It's a little too late for her to apologize and expect forgiveness. 

And what to do when she gets there.[emoji83]

8 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

And what to do when she gets there.emoji83.png

Get a pineapple up the tuckus like Hitler does (idea came from an Adam Sandler movie), perhaps?

14 minutes ago, LadyCrow1313 said:

Get a pineapple up the tuckus like Hitler does (idea came from an Adam Sandler movie), perhaps?

"Little Nicky" :my_angel:

No. Fuck the Devil.

The same sorts of things that were said about Emmett Till are still being said about unjustly killed black boys today: he looked older than his real age, so he was a threat (Tamir Rice), he looked like "a demon," (Michael Brown), he looked suspicious (Trayvon Martin), etc. Till's father, Louis, was also hanged by a military court for rape, which the rightwing press assumed meant that he hadn't fallen far from the proverbial tree. As Till's mother described it, she and her son were victims of domestic abuse and she left Louis for her own safety and that of her son. Yet, there was no mention of this in the media at the time, though given that domestic violence in general was swept under the rug, it probably wouldn't have mattered. She also said that Emmett had a stutter and would whistle when he got nervous, so there's a good chance that the supposedly lewd whistle he did was a sign of stress, rather than licentiousness. Ironically, Emmett wanted to be a motorcycle cop when he grew up, so he obviously did have respect for authority.

On 1/30/2017 at 7:20 AM, LadyCrow1313 said:

Or sit on a red hot coal and wait for me until it snows.

Wow! Just wow!! NOW she feels guilty?? After sixty years? I read a lot about the Emett Till case, because I wrote an essay about it while I was still in school and another years later for a university class. The results of his autopsy brought tears to my eyes and made me sick at the same time. Those two men not only killed this poor, innocent boy, but also tortured him in a way that is indescribable. And all because she told one simple lie.

It might not be able to press any charges on her from a legal perspective, but if you asked me she should be sentenced to read the autopsy report every day of her remaining life!

Off to smoke a cigarette and cool down while listening to "The Death of Emmett Till" from Bob Dylan.

What they did to that boy makes me sick and start to cry. She's just as complicit as those two men.  She clearly started them on the path they took. It's way too little to late. I hope she spends the rest of her days a sad lonely old woman unable to escape her own guilt and abandoned by her family and friends for what she did. 

On Sunday, January 29, 2017 at 7:46 PM, princessmahina said:

Just quoting because I think the first part is true.

Archived