IGNORED

Lawrence Auster and the thinking housewife?

AtroposHeart

I've heard some people state that they believe that a conservative blogger and racist called Lawrence Auster is the Thinking Housewife.

I've heard that they have similar writing styles and TH uses some of the phrases of Auster.

What do you think and can you give some more information about this guy.

When I searched on Google for 'lawrence auster thinking housewife' with no quotes, I found that TH has quoted him 335 times (according to the number of Google hits for the name on her website). The Economic Nationalist notes that Laura Wood adopted Lawrence Auster's blog format, whatever that means. There were a lot of times when various blogs noted that both Lawrence Auster and Laura Woods had written about a certain topic; in all of the occasions I could find, they agreed. Lawrence Auster also seems to quote her a lot and recommend her site.

They. Always. Agree. Precisely and even in the same language.

We are all kinda likeminded people here. Anyone out there agree with everything I write? Every single word? I can't think of a single person who I agree with all the time. Either they are similarly named soulmates, or they are the same freaking person.

Guest Anonymous

Same format -- I noticed that in checking out lawrence for the first time this evening that he also doesn't have a comments box. Commenters have to email him and then he posts the comments. Sometimes he makes a reader comment into its own post. Laura does that too and I've never seen that on any other blog.

Yeah that does seem like an obvious similarity.

So Occam's razor, why does Lawrence feel the need to blog as a female persona? Trying to reach a wider/diverse audience? Maybe he has some sort of latent cross dressing desires and gets his jollies pretending to be a middle aged mom?

I think part of it is that he wants a more credible voice for his misogynistic crap. He is a never married man, so who the fuck cares what he thinks about women? As Laura Woods, he can spew all that garbage about how women deserve rape.

I think part of it is that he wants a more credible voice for his misogynistic crap. He is a never married man, so who the fuck cares what he thinks about women? As Laura Woods, he can spew all that garbage about how women deserve rape.

Yeah, I agree with this. Some men are delusional and believe that women get a free pass in our society, and they try to take advantage of this privilege that they believe women have. He probably thinks people will criticize him less if they think this vile stuff is coming from a woman.

This guy also seems like a complete narcissist and just wants as many platforms as he can get. It's not enough for people to read just one blog by him; he needs a second source of attention.

I've also known some online impersonators who for some reason think that women will share any kind of information with another woman. I've had alleged women ask me about my bra size and even to send naked pictures. No actual woman has ever asked me that, at least not in the creepy way these men have done it. So this guy probably thinks women will be more willing to share secret thoughts with him, like maybe they will admit that they secretly hate being feminists and all wish that they could be submissive housewives, or he expects to uncover some other big lady-secret.

I'm on the fence on whether Laurence Auster=Laura Wood, but yes, the writing styles are eerily similar. And one doesn't have to be a man to be truly misogynistic. Just look at Phyllis Schlafly, Dr. Laura and other ilk like them.

But if the Stinking Lousewife is Laurence Auster in blogger drag, who is the woman pictured at the site? A sympathetic ally? A completely innocent person? I shudder to think it's the latter.

ETA: Here is a picture of the alleged Laura Wood. http://www.thinkinghousewife.com/wp/201 ... a-request/

I'm on the fence on whether Laurence Auster=Laura Wood, but yes, the writing styles are eerily similar. And one doesn't have to be a man to be truly misogynistic. Just look at Phyllis Schlafly, Dr. Laura and other ilk like them.

But if the Stinking Lousewife is Laurence Auster in blogger drag, who is the woman pictured at the site? A sympathetic ally? A completely innocent person? I shudder to think it's the latter.

ETA: Here is a picture of the alleged Laura Wood. http://www.thinkinghousewife.com/wp/201 ... a-request/

That picture looks like it was taken from a website that takes rofessional portrait it looks like it would be an author picture or something, not some picture a husband takes of his wife.

Archived