IGNORED

Aha! Christopher Maxwell photographed CS Hayden's wedding...

Pclee

Continuing my obsession with all things fundie-weddingish...........

christophermaxwell.com/weddings/caleb-lauren/index.html

CS Hayden is an ex-intern of VF. (somebody correct me if i'm wrong). And Lauren is a lovely bride.

Christopher is....... Steve's son.

I wonder if there is any connection between the Maxwells and VF? (probably not, I just like to speculate).

Oh! I see Peter Bradrick and his unfortunate ears in some of the wedding photos.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, it appears Peter must have "spoken a blessing" at the wedding. Not sure the Maxwell's connection with VF. They always appear a cult unto themselves. I don't know that Steve could handle any other alpha male than himself.

It appears they have the letter H as the topping on their cake (for Hayden, I suppose). I've never seen an initial as a cake topper before. Anyone else?

ETA: Good find, by the way!

Maybe the brides on the other cake toppers were too defrauding. Some fundie guy might jump into the cake in an effort to deflower them or something.

those pictures are awful. there a few decent ones towards the end... but ultimately, they are sucky!

Anyone know who the girl is that was playing violin during the ceremony? She looks familiar.

Those pictures are awful. Tilting the camera or using black and white (or sepia) does not make one a professional photographer. The worst one, though, is the shot of the bridesmaid holding the flowers, but the top of her head is cut off. Even I know that that's unflattering.

I see in the pic with all the groomsmen on the stairs that Peter B. has Dougie's favorite wide stance mastered.

I agree, the pics are not well taken. A lot of them seem to be a bit out of focus, others the main subjects are too far away. The one of the bride being walked down the aisle is particularly bad because the sunlight washes out their faces.

ETA: If you scroll to the bottom, there is a pic with the groom standing far in front of the bride. It almost looks as if he was Photoshopped in. I really don't think photography is Christopher's calling in life.

The worst one, though, is the shot of the bridesmaid holding the flowers, but the top of her head is cut off. Even I know that that's unflattering.

Yeah, I'm a lousy photographer, but yo, Christopher, either focus in on the bouquet with no face, or photograph the entire face with the bouquet.

It looks like a dopey picture I would take, and then delete when I realized I cut off the top of her head.

OK, I had to type in his name to get them.

First off, he went to Texas for that job? He couldn't have made much money.Those pics. are no better than a regular person could take. There were maybe 3 pictures that looked pro, the rest are meh....

My favorite part of his website:

Wedding Photography Criteria & Rates

I am only currently accepting conservative Christian weddings. If your wedding doesn't meet the criteria, don't worry - there are lots of highly-skilled photographers available.

General Criteria:

No Sunday weddings

First wedding for bride and/or groom

Valid marriage license

No alcohol

No dancing (except between the bride and groom)

Modest attire for bride and bridesmaids

If you are interested, please contact me for further details

My photography rates are about $1,250 and include the master files. Travel is in addition. For further information...

Yeah, some nerve. Wonder why he only gets a gig once every couple months/years...

OMG - his wedding rates are hundreds higher than mine and sorry - my photos are better. Can we say STOP with the excessive vignetting?? ARRRRGHHHH! Most people though have no idea what constitutes good photography and would be perfectly happy with those photos. Sigh.

The girl playing the violin is one of Caleb's sisters.

The photos are at best mediocre but are mostly uninspiring, poorly composed & marred by flawed choices for the aperture & shutter speed.

My favorite part of his website:

Wedding Photography Criteria & Rates

I am only currently accepting conservative Christian weddings. If your wedding doesn't meet the criteria, don't worry - there are lots of highly-skilled photographers available.

General Criteria:

No Sunday weddings

First wedding for bride and/or groom

Valid marriage license

No alcohol

No dancing (except between the bride and groom)

Modest attire for bride and bridesmaids

If you are interested, please contact me for further details

My photography rates are about $1,250 and include the master files. Travel is in addition. For further information...

Yeah, some nerve. Wonder why he only gets a gig once every couple months/years...

Um, yeah, this sounds like the kind of wedding I would do anything to get out of. Question: Why is dancing between the bride and groom acceptable, but not for anyone else. Another question: dancing between the bride and groom? Sounds awkward. Is that like leaving room for the Holy Spirit?

Um, yeah, this sounds like the kind of wedding I would do anything to get out of. Question: Why is dancing between the bride and groom acceptable, but not for anyone else. Another question: dancing between the bride and groom? Sounds awkward. Is that like leaving room for the Holy Spirit?

Maybe it's like when you played London Bridge is Falling Down as a kid and you'd get "locked" between two people, only this time you get locked up and are stuck between the bride & groom. Freak dancing time, anyone? ;)

Wow, those pictures are bad.

I hate her wedding dress. I think those kind of dresses look like T-shirts. Can't they find a beautiful modest dress that doesn't appear to be made by Hanes?

Maybe it's like when you played London Bridge is Falling Down as a kid and you'd get "locked" between two people, only this time you get locked up and are stuck between the bride & groom. Freak dancing time, anyone? ;)

hahah

It appears they have the letter H as the topping on their cake (for Hayden, I suppose). I've never seen an initial as a cake topper before. Anyone else?

I recall seeing cake toppers of this nature when we were searching for ours. However, I do not recall ever being at a wedding where one was actually used.

Also, what was the obsession with taking photos of other people taking photos of the couple? I think our wedding photographer took one like that, but it was at our house, of my mom taking a photo of me and my bridesmaids before we left for church. I counted at least 3 or 4, and then the photo of the video camera screen???

I didn't change my name when I got married, so as part of our campaign to drill into our relatives' heads that my name was still the same we had our two last initials on top of the cake.

I don't get either why dancing is okay when the bride and groom do it, but sinful when anyone else does it. What a strange rule. I wonder, too, if Christopher makes brides send him photos of their dresses ahead of time so he can vet them for adequate modesty before accepting the job.

What happens if it ends up they don't meet his criteria? Like, what if he had traveled to Texas only to find out that her modest wedding dress shows a half inch of clavicle or that the in-laws are bringing a hip flask?

Can you imagine YOUR photographer deciding what you and your bridemaids can wear and rejecting you at the last minute and refusing to take pictures at your wedding? I would sue his ass and rip that debt free ranch right out from under Anna's frumper covered feet. Screw him and his rules.

those pictures are awful. there a few decent ones towards the end... but ultimately, they are sucky!

Anyone know who the girl is that was playing violin during the ceremony? She looks familiar.

Like someone else mentioned, it's one of his sisters. And also, possibly of interest...she is Crystal Paine's "mother's helper" that is really more like a nanny/housekeeper, that never seems to receive any credit for all she does on Crystal's blog.

Guest Anonymous
Can you imagine YOUR photographer deciding what you and your bridemaids can wear and rejecting you at the last minute and refusing to take pictures at your wedding? I would sue his ass and rip that debt free ranch right out from under Anna's frumper covered feet. Screw him and his rules.

He probably has a contract like the one on ITonRAMP:

Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the United States. We mutually agree to handle all such grievances via mediation and binding arbitration under the Rules of Procedures set forth at http://www.peacemaker.net, not a court of law.

We reserve the right to end your participation in any course, at any time, for any reason.

And before they sign on the dotted line, of course they would have to take the Good Person Test. ;)

Is something like that even binding? If the Maxwells defrauded someone for real (in the financial sense; get your minds out of the gutter) could a clause like that actually keep their victim from suing? I'm not sure it works like that.

Archived