IGNORED

Aha! Christopher Maxwell photographed CS Hayden's wedding...

Pclee

Gothard is busily creating a legion of Godly photographers to document taking dominion over everyday life, if not our country! For some reason this form of 'art' is acceptable. There are so many lousy Gothard-trained wedding photographers out there I can't imagine any of them can cover their gas let alone airfare.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My favorite part of his website:

Wedding Photography Criteria & Rates

I am only currently accepting conservative Christian weddings. If your wedding doesn't meet the criteria, don't worry - there are lots of highly-skilled photographers available.

First wedding for bride and/or groom

What about windows? You'd think that the Maxwell obsession with death would make them sympathetic to widows and widowers -- have they ever written on that? Do they think widow/ers should be allowed to remarry?

Why the fascination with taking pictures of people taking pictures?

I've seen better and worse. I think I've done better, but strictly as an amateur taking photos for friends who otherwise couldn't afford a photographer.

I will say that the bride in this one - http://www.christophermaxwell.com/weddi ... index.html -has a nice modest gown that isn't all frumpy. A lot of the pics suck, but her dress is nice.

I think some of the awkwardness too may be that the couples aren't as comfortable with each other.

I had to LOL at the wide stance groom photo. Why would anyone want a photo like that? And it looked like nobody was at the wedding.

those pictures are awful. there a few decent ones towards the end... but ultimately, they are sucky!

Anyone know who the girl is that was playing violin during the ceremony? She looks familiar.

Color me unimpressed. But I'm sure Christopher Maxwell thinks he's Richard Avedon. And the photos outlined with black borders make me think of those "Successories" posters. Ugh.

Guest Anonymous

Laughing at the photo in the second gallery of the bride eating yogurt (or assuming it's her since the ring - and yogurt cup) is in focus...

Warning--NSFW comment:

Don't these guys realize how ridiculous their "wide stance" photos look? They look as if they're airing out their balls, or trying to cope with crotch itch without scratching.

Warning--NSFW comment:

Don't these guys realize how ridiculous their "wide stance" photos look? They look as if they're airing out their balls, or trying to cope with crotch itch without scratching.

Doesn't Dougie Phillips do the same thing?

What about windows? You'd think that the Maxwell obsession with death would make them sympathetic to widows and widowers -- have they ever written on that? Do they think widow/ers should be allowed to remarry?

I don't get the "and/or" wording. It can be the second marriage for one of them but not both? Either remarriage is okay or it isn't. If they just wanted to keep out divorcees, they could say so.

I don't get the "and/or" wording. It can be the second marriage for one of them but not both? Either remarriage is okay or it isn't. If they just wanted to keep out divorcees, they could say so.

I wondered the same thing. Guess we chalk it up to SOTDRT.

It's the important guy stance! you see it all the time in school administrators and local politicians.

They are presenting so that all the ladies know what they missed out on, and all the guys can feel jealous for what they don't have...

Love the photo of the litle boy holding the clear plastic knife and fork. Klassy. I was also confused about the whole "first marriage for the bride and/or groom" provision.

Laughing at the photo in the second gallery of the bride eating yogurt (or assuming it's her since the ring - and yogurt cup) is in focus...

I guess that sort of thing plays well in Preroria.

SOTDRT indeed...

Love the photo of the litle boy holding the clear plastic knife and fork. Klassy. I was also confused about the whole "first marriage for the bride and/or groom" provision.

Me too. I didn't realize that people discussed previous marriages with their photographer.

I also noticed that there is no stipulation that men must dress modestly, only bride and bridesmaids.

igyWK.jpg

This one is from the Jonathan and Linnea wedding, I don't think his pictures are horrible, but I agree he doesn't have an eye for moments. A close up of a women's yoplait yogurt? :lol:

Also, what was the obsession with taking photos of other people taking photos of the couple? I think our wedding photographer took one like that, but it was at our house, of my mom taking a photo of me and my bridesmaids before we left for church. I counted at least 3 or 4, and then the photo of the video camera screen???

I kept thinking... why did no one get out of the way for the actual photographer? I would have been cranky if all of my wedding pictures were pictures of other people's digital cameras and iphones, with me and grandpa, blurry in the background.... learn your aperture and zoom lens, dude.

Guest Anonymous
igyWK.jpg

This one is from the Jonathan and Linnea wedding, I don't think his pictures are horrible, but I agree he doesn't have an eye for moments. A close up of a women's yoplait yogurt? :lol:

Weirdly, when Ma Maxwell wrote up a report of Nathan's wedding, she included a paragraph about how the newlyweds drove round in the car for a bit so that Melanie could eat some yoghurt. Maybe yoghurt has some holy significance to the Maxwells? :lol:

Weirdly, when Ma Maxwell wrote up a report of Nathan's wedding, she included a paragraph about how the newlyweds drove round in the car for a bit so that Melanie could eat some yoghurt. Maybe yoghurt has some holy significance to the Maxwells? :lol:

Probably because they only offered their guests cake, nuts, & punch. :? They had to sneak away to eat.

Guest Anonymous

I didn't mean it was weird that Melanie ate yoghurt - it was weird that it was included in the write-up! Like it was weird to include the wedding photo of the Yoplait... :)

Why do so many people seem to think they can buy a high-end camera, throw up a website, take pictures of other people's kids, slap a logo on them, charge hundreds of bucks, and suddenly they're "professional photographers"? Moms are often the worst offenders.

Archived