IGNORED

Pickles and Hairspray

CorruptionInc.

I miss fake josh duggar instagram - now that person was funny and I ROFL all the time

I do too. Especially Waller Wednesday's!

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once she whined that she can't afford cable to watch tlc. Therefore she couldn't do anymore recaps of 19kac. For me it sounded like she was asking for donations.

Yes, I remember this. My first reaction was, why is she running the page then? Pick a fucking hobby you can afford.

She banned me for c/p her post into a private FB group (we had a mole). Apparently, it was okay for her to beg for money on a public page, but not okay for people to call her out for it.

She's a Grade A bitch. Plus, she gets scooped all the fucking time. I read Duggar stuff long before it hits her page, or even here. :lol:

She was on a private blog that belonged to friends of the Duggars. Not sure if she is now but I'm guessing not because she rarely has anything that's not already in mainstream media.

By the way, I'm told she claimed she was the one who found out about BJ living in Grandma Duggars house and someone corrected her and she went off :lol:

whatever, It is her page, so I guess she can do what she wants with it. And people who post pictures on the net and then get mad when other people use them need to get over it. Once it is on the net, it is ripe for the picking. If you don't want something re-posted, then best to not post it to begin with.

Her humor is fine with me, and the political stuff is fine too. But if I don't want to read it I skip over it.

I think she seems to find pictures that I haven't seen elsewhere, so I appreciate that. I don't spend time scouring the internet for pics of the fundies, so I don't have a problem if someone wants to make their own facebook page and post those pictures.

The ones who post pics have every right to be upset. Just because pics are on the internet ones make them free to use. The same goes for blog posts and articles. Just because I post an article to my blogs or to any other site doesn't mean anyone is free to use it. Cancel the Duggars and Pickles recently had a falling out over this and Pickles threatened to ban anyone who posted on the Cancel page. http://petapixel.com/2013/08/03/10-bogu ... m-the-web/

The ones who post pics have every right to be upset. Just because pics are on the internet ones make them free to use. The same goes for blog posts and articles. Just because I post an article to my blogs or to any other site doesn't mean anyone is free to use it. Cancel the Duggars and Pickles recently had a falling out over this and Pickles threatened to ban anyone who posted on the Cancel page. http://petapixel.com/2013/08/03/10-bogu ... m-the-web/

That's a job in itself, constantly checking their members against yours. Ain't nobody got time for that.

That's a job in itself, constantly checking their members against yours. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Maybe that's why she doesn't have money to pay for cable. :lol:

My point is, it has been a well known fact for years, that nothing on the net is really all that private. It is even more well known that pictures are likely to be taken. Is it morally correct? Probably not, but at the same time, it has become so predominant that many of us are probably doing it without even realizing that it isn't the right thing to do.

How many people have been on FJ asking for pictures or screen caps? How many people on FJ have been asking for ways to freely download Bringing Up Bates, etc?

It is part of internet culture and it is naive to think that once you post something on a public and even private website, that it is not going to be 'stolen' by someone else. If you worry about that, then don't post your pictures. Or just privately send them to a handful of people that you trust, and then if they get leaked, you will know it is from one of your friends.

I get so sick and tired of people whining on Tumblr or other websites about someone stealing their pictures. Nine times out of 10, that person grabbed the picture from another website to begin with, so it isn't like they were out their with their own camera taking the picture.

I would understand it, if it were my camera, my work to take and develop the picture, but if someone stole it from a professional website or capped it from a video, then played with it with photoshop and then posts it, it doesn't it make it their own property. The picture was still from another media source to begin with.

There are so many issues to really get upset about, I just don't personally see the point with getting upset because someone who has a page on facebook banned you, or boosted pics from another idiot with a page on Facebook. Who cares? These are not people you really know. They are not your best friends or you family. They are a faceless, often nameless stranger and what they do with their Facebook page, is pretty trivial in the grand scheme of things.

I get so sick and tired of people whining on Tumblr or other websites about someone stealing their pictures. Nine times out of 10, that person grabbed the picture from another website to begin with, so it isn't like they were out their with their own camera taking the picture.

The whiners should buy software to watermark their images. Although, I know some digital artists that can remove watermarks.

The whiners should buy software to watermark their images. Although, I know some digital artists that can remove watermarks.

True dat! I have a blog and am constantly taking photos and posting them. Honestly, if someone wants to repost one of my pics, I really don't care. I have nothing to hide and don't have the time to go looking around to see if anyone has "stolen" my pics!

https://www.facebook.com/26918191318062 ... =1&theater

new post on Pickles' page.

I didn't really know much about her until I started reading some of the stuff yall have posted on here, and experiences you have had online on her page in the past. Boy she is over the top.

I mean, I know we get passionate about opinions on here, but she really acts like she is the authority about the Duggars. And her page is not even very diverse?! Just some political links to articles which are interesting sometimes, but she doesn't really branch out talking about the Bates family very often or really anything else outside the Duggars. And i know, obviously, that's what her page was created for specifically, but does she ever strike any of you as having a bit of an unhealthy obsession or weird "all knowing" attitude about them? I find her very odd.

Like this< which she made the caption for the above link:

"I love it when the Duggars or their friends try to shame me out of my mission. This isn't the first attempt and for some reason they often bring up the Kardashians. I have never watched the Kardashians but it appears they do. They try to play the moderate card but are really wolves in disguise. They see that I am a threat to the family because I tell it like it is and they get very defensive. If the Duggars and their like-minded friends are really moral and unashamed of their actions then I shouldn't be a threat to them. I do enjoy the attention though. "

I mean, I'm sorry, but she talks like she thinks she's some kind of damn crusader!!! :think: :? :? :wtf: :text-protest:

• 3 weeks later...

Pickles and Hairspray wished her "Jewish friends" a happy Passover, then posted a picture of the Holts having a fundie Christian seder in the same post. She asked fans what their opinion was of Christians having seders. She ended it by saying that she was especially interested in hearing from her "Jewish friends."

I never had much of a problem with her before, but this post made me want to slap her silly through Facebook. I fucking hate it when Christians ask a question about what a non-Christian's opinion would be on a topic, but asks it to a widespread audience. Then a ton of people who are part of the mainstream culture jump in to say, "I don't think they would mind!" At that point, I feel like I am under pressure to not give my opinion. It puts me in the position of being the Minority Person who rains on their parade by saying, "I do mind. What you think is cute or fun is not. It is fucking offensive."

A similar situation happened in a pen pal group, where someone asked if it is ok to send a Merry Christmas card to someone without asking if they celebrate. A ton of people responded that it is perfectly alright and the recipient probably wouldn't care. My opinion? I wouldn't be angry, but I REALLY wish that someone would ask me first or send a non-denominational Happy Holidays card. Of course, so many people had commented at that point with the opposite opinion that I didn't want to be a Debbie Downer, so I ended up not saying anything.

I wonder how they feel about surrogacy? With all those sisters, surely one would make the sacrifice to carry a baby for her sister. If she has viable eggs and her husband has good sperm, they could do IVF and implant a couple embryos into a sister's womb. I know a woman whose best friend carried a baby for her because she wasn't able to carry to term. To me, it seemed the ultimate gift. And these folks are strong Christians, though I don't think they're fundies.

I do not know about the bad blood between FJ and Pickles and I am not curious about it, as it has nothing to do with me personally. Seriously, there are equal parts of hate here too and on occasion borrowed information. I will say that she writes the best recaps ever, they are hysterical! And she is a photo shop savant. Both sites are full of opinion and snark and one is neither better or worse than the other, just different. There seems to be an element of competition between FJ and Pickles but that's the business of those involved. I frequent both sites for very different reasons.

I just want to know why she thinks the Duggars use that Krista girl to keep her in check?

It sucks there is animosity, because we're all on the same team here.

Check out Pickles' latest post:

SOME OLD AND NEW RULES:

1. No calling other people out by name. If you disagree with someone, state your opinion or ignore the post but you will not make fun of others, insult them, or follow them around making obnoxious comments. If I see any kind of bullying you're gone.

2. Only I will deal with trolls. Most of the trolls I deal with tend to be people who want to bully others.

3. Everybody can express any kind of opinion they wish. Just make sure your opinion is rated PG 13. I don't go for really explicit sex talk or threats of violence. I need to keep the fb monkeys happy. Also, watch what you say about the minor Duggars. Joy-Anna and under are still minors.

4. I do not like wild speculation. I do NOT want to hear anymore about the Josiah arm "incident", that Josie is developmentally delayed, that Josh molested someone and any other ugly rumor spreading storytelling. All of those stories are unproven speculation. If you want to post something important include a link. You will be asked for one.

5. For newcomers, this is NOT A DUGGAR FAN PAGE. There are a million of those on fb. This is a Duggar page to talk about the good, bad and the ugly. If you do not want to hear anything negative about the Duggars then this page is not for you.

6. For Duggar fans who want to debate me, I am very willing to do just that. I love a good respectful debate. Just make sure you post after 7:00 pm on weekdays or on the weekends. If you post something rude or aggressive during the weekday and I don't have the time to debate, I will probably just delete your post. I need the time to respond (I work) and if I'm not here then the poop might hit the fan. You can also private message me.

7. For all you people who are not a fan of religions, I can respect that but I will not deal with you insulting others and their beliefs. I do not want to hear any slurs against anybody's God. You are just being immature, looking for attention and trying to start a fight. I don't give a darn what your beliefs are just be respectful of others' beliefs. Also, religious people need to be respectful of others believes or non-beliefs. That's what you're supposed to do anyway.

8. I am not a Duggar and never plan to become one.

9. Let's try to act like mature adults. No fat shaming, slut shaming (I've been deleting a lot of comments with the word whore in it.) and other such bomb throwing. If you come here just to post ugly comments with no mature commentary behind them, then expect to see some of your posts deleted. The ugliness gets old fast.

10. Please do not link other blogs or fb pages. If you have Duggar news find the original sources.

11. *NO ADVERTISING YOUR FACEBOOK GROUPS ON MY PAGE. That has not worked out well in the past.

12. I will delete posts or comments that are written so poorly that I can't tell what you are trying to say. Please proof read.

Thank You All For Reading!

And here's this comment below:

Commenter: "Wow look at those numbers Pickles. Contratulations."

Pickles: "Jill's baby was good for business. ;) "

So basically, if you're breathing, don't post on my page. But visit my page and like it because I'm a ratings whore. Are we sure Pickles isn't actually Erika Shupe?

The whole Ireland post. That had me fuming. She acts like a know it all, but she's just as uneducated as the Duggars when it comes to stuff like that.

I do not know about the bad blood between FJ and Pickles and I am not curious about it, as it has nothing to do with me personally. Seriously, there are equal parts of hate here too and on occasion borrowed information. I will say that she writes the best recaps ever, they are hysterical! And she is a photo shop savant. Both sites are full of opinion and snark and one is neither better or worse than the other, just different. There seems to be an element of competition between FJ and Pickles but that's the business of those involved. I frequent both sites for very different reasons.

There's no "bad blood" on the FJ side. Pickles might not like us, but I don't think that FJ ever even would consider her to be a rival or anything. She's just another website.

Check out Pickles' latest post:

And here's this comment below:

Commenter: "Wow look at those numbers Pickles. Contratulations."

Pickles: "Jill's baby was good for business. ;) "

So basically, if you're breathing, don't post on my page. But visit my page and like it because I'm a ratings whore. Are we sure Pickles isn't actually Erika Shupe?

Translation: I do not like wild speculation unless I'm the one wildly speculating. :lol:

Her post about Jill's and Derick's baby: "Looks like she had him in the hospital. Thank to my source who told me they were naming him Israel. I was the first to break the news of his name.

My gosh, how immature is that? :angry-banghead:

Her post about Jill's and Derick's baby: "Looks like she had him in the hospital. Thank to my source who told me they were naming him Israel. I was the first to break the news of his name.

My gosh, how immature is that? :angry-banghead:

No mention of the false alarm that she posted as truth a week before the baby was actually born! :lol:

I agree that FJ doesn't really have anything against her. I wound up un-liking Pickles just because her vitriol & sass was a bit too much for me to see popping up on my newsfeed every 5 minutes (I prefer calm exchanges to outright sass) but I do nose on over there every once in a while just to see what she has to say. I don't mind her when she's not being rude to her followers.

@keen yes that was one of my points that Pickles is just another site. Both FJ And Pickles have their upsides and downsides. I am just a reader but do think there is a competitive relationship between the 2 sites. She likes the increased traffic to her site and you guys like it when quoted in the press. What is the difference?

Dont feel bad.I go blocked a couple of months ago for saying I think people have a right to express different opinions on hot button issues. She/he and I got into a debate about Josie. They claim they worked with developmentally delayed kids and sees nothing wrong with Josie. And it got to the point where you cant even speculate on anything. If you say so and so looks sad they come back wanting a link. She/he is also rabid anti gun and anti death penalty.

Yet she will make claims and accuses you of trolling or being defensive if you request a source from her.

Pickles speculates as much as she pleases and deletes dissenters' comments. If someone speculates on something she doesn't agree with, it will also be deleted even if it a mild comment. And according to many others, she bans people from commenting if they get into a debate with her.

She steals content from FJ and fundie blogs and is obsessed with being the first to post stuff. Pickles also claims to work with disabled kids, adopted/fosters at least four kids, is a vegetarian, Democrat, donates to X, Y, and Z charities regularly, is a TRUE Christian because she is mainstream and liberal, etc. etc. She is perfect and can never be wrong.

I made the mistake of stalking her page recently if you can't tell.

I used to love the crap out of her page about a year ago. It has changed a lot--from hilarious snark to political ego BS. She is the Democrat version of JimBob IMO.

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived