IGNORED

Pickles and Hairspray

CorruptionInc.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why is gothard against IVF? Some fundies do want to be parents, but I can't imagine their families blaming them for not having kids

Fundies (I assume) would have the same issues really any Christian Church would have; IVF creates lives that more often than not, will not get a chance to live (most Christians consider life to start at conception). When you create embryos, usually more are created than will be implanted; while you can freeze your embryos to use at a later time and/or donate them to other couples, inevitably some will not ever be implanted.

I have known some Christians who vow to implant every egg that is fertilized; most of the time not all of the embryos implant which is then just seen as God's will, a natural miscarriage. Others are not so lucky a la octomom (I dont think her situation had a religious component though). Others limit the number of eggs to be fertilized so that they dont create superflous lives, ie instead of fertilizing all 15 eggs produced in a cycle fertilizing maybe 4. However, with IVF being such an expensive, consuming process, few people realistically do this as their chances for conception are dramatically decreased.

ETA in regards to the families blaming fertility challenged couples, anyone in a movement which considered newborns to carry the sins of their biological parents (this is Gothards case against adoption) probably has no problems seeing adults as steeped in sin.

• 1 month later...
Did you "like" the page? Maybe you can't comment unless you "like" the page first?

Nope, I haven't liked it and I can still comment if I want.

I have the ability to comment on it and I haven't liked the page on FB. And my privacy settings are strict, so it's not a privacy issue on my end...

Have you spoken to the Pickles owner before? Maybe shoot the page a message if you want to be able to comment infrequently. o:

Hmmm, maybe the problem is when you "like" the page? Lol. I don't think the Pickles admin person likes FJ, so there's that. Maybe she blocked people she figured out are FJ members. Who knows :shrug:

Pickles is quick to block.

Also a big hypocrite. She snarks harder than anyone, at an obsessive creeper level. But if you say something she doesn't agree with, she blocks.

Plus the ego. She thinks news outlets stalk her page for stories.

And yes, I have had issues with her in the past. Way back when her page only had a handful of likes.

Also a big hypocrite. She snarks harder than anyone, at an obsessive creeper level. But if you say something she doesn't agree with, she blocks.

Wow! I can't think of any other forum that also believes this - or that the Duggars themselves stalk them and reply to them through subtle means! Yeah, hypocrisy... :whistle:

I don't really know because I never, ever gives likes or post there, I only read. But I have noticed that Pickles wants credit for when FJ or other sites use content she's found (understandably), but isn't always willing to give the same props to FJ or other sites when it's something she finds and posts. There's a bit of a double standard in play.

Hmmm, maybe the problem is when you "like" the page? Lol. I don't think the Pickles admin person likes FJ, so there's that. Maybe she blocked people she figured out are FJ members. Who knows :shrug:

She REALLY doesnt like FJ. She claims that we banned her as a sock at some point in time and she has no interest in playing in our sandbox. I used to read the page (I also cant comment) but she seems to be confusing snark with a greater purpose. It got annoying.

There's a duggars tumblr that takes stuff from her site all the time and in her FAQ is all like "I DON'T AGREE WITH THEM GUYS, I JUST TAKE THEIR PICTURES!" It's kind of funny.

Pickles is quick to block.

And yes, I have had issues with her in the past. Way back when her page only had a handful of likes.

Yes, yes, and yes!

Yeah like that one time someone here posted about the voter registration records indicating Ben lives at Josh and Anna's old house. Couple days later, Pickles posted it as if SHE found it. I'm certain she found it here

We have proof that someone from TLC reads here and that the news outlets read here. Just look at the stuff they posted from Grandmadugger in the Start Your Own Duggar Rumor thread. Plus, articles link to us all the time. So yes the media definitely copies from FJ.

The 'media' AKA internet gossip rags copy from FJ, for sure - but I don't see why they couldn't be copying from Pickles & Hairspray as well. How would we ever know?

I think whoever runs Pickles either reads here or has someone or multiple people who read here and report things to her.

She was blabbing the other night that FJ and IMDb are hater sites, and she is all about the facts and nothing else. Sure Pickles, that is exactly it. :lol:

What she does not understand is:

a) This is a snark site.

b) She has a fair amount of haters of her page that do just as much snarking as we do.

c) "Life is not all pickles and hairspray" will not be winning a Pulitzer Prize award anytime soon for their "factual" reporting on all things Duggar.

Wow! I can't think of any other forum that also believes this - or that the Duggars themselves stalk them and reply to them through subtle means! Yeah, hypocrisy... :whistle:

It's not snark when she does it, according to her. I unliked her page after she said that. There was a big hoo haa over her being utterly disgusting towards one of the Middle boys. When people called her on it, she said it was ok because she wasn't snarking. Merely informing people. I rolled my eyes that hard I was shocked they didn't stick backwards.

I've read her page from the beginning but I don't remember, what did she say?

I think it's a shame she thinks that bad of FJ and all members. She's actually quite smart, she dug up heaps of Duggar pictures I had never seen before on the internet. But since she understands the effort that goes into it, I don't understand why she wouldn't give others credit when she posts pictures she didn't find.

I've read her page from the beginning but I don't remember, what did she say?

I think it's a shame she thinks that bad of FJ and all members. She's actually quite smart, she dug up heaps of Duggar pictures I had never seen before on the internet. But since she understands the effort that goes into it, I don't understand why she wouldn't give others credit when she posts pictures she didn't find.

I kind of wondered where those pics came from. I guess I won't be so upset she blocked me for some unknown reason. I may just unlike. It would make my news feed more pleasant, lol. :worship: :disgust: :nenner:

edited for spelling

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived