IGNORED

Pickles and Hairspray

CorruptionInc.

Yet she will make claims and accuses you of trolling or being defensive if you request a source from her.

Pickles speculates as much as she pleases and deletes dissenters' comments. If someone speculates on something she doesn't agree with, it will also be deleted even if it a mild comment. And according to many others, she bans people from commenting if they get into a debate with her.

She steals content from FJ and fundie blogs and is obsessed with being the first to post stuff. Pickles also claims to work with disabled kids, adopted/fosters at least four kids, is a vegetarian, Democrat, donates to X, Y, and Z charities regularly, is a TRUE Christian because she is mainstream and liberal, etc. etc. She is perfect and can never be wrong.

I made the mistake of stalking her page recently if you can't tell.

I used to love the crap out of her page about a year ago. It has changed a lot--from hilarious snark to political ego BS. She is the Democrat version of JimBob IMO.

Thank you. She is the ultra left-wing to the Duggars' ultra right-wing. I don't find her to be much different in character, to be honest. She, like the Duggars, dislikes anyone who doesn't believe as she does, and treats them accordingly. I wouldn't mind seeing her get knocked down a peg (or 5).

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I belong to both Pickles and FJ and enjoy both of them.

Hey, nothing wrong with that. I usually don't mind her and have often enjoyed the page immensely. Sometimes I just have to bitch about her, even though I totally understand why a lot of people love the page and don't care about the drama.

Hey, nothing wrong with that. I usually don't mind her and have often enjoyed the page immensely. Sometimes I just have to bitch about her, even though I totally understand why a lot of people love the page and don't care about the drama.

For a while, I had the harebrained idea that YOU were Pickles. But you've expressed dislike for her several times since that idea crossed my mind.

UNLESS IT'S ALL A RUSE.

For a while, I had the harebrained idea that YOU were Pickles. But you've expressed dislike for her several times since that idea crossed my mind.

UNLESS IT'S ALL A RUSE.

Gross, I am ashamed now. Leave me to my shame.

I was going through her page the other day and found her entirely hilarious and on-point with her snark. Now I'm reading here that she gets offended when people snark? I'm so confused lol. She sounds...schizophrenic for lack of a better term.

I like her snark, just not her massive ego. I think she believes that the Duggars actually know who she is.

There is proof of something going on during the arm incident. The stop motion sequence is not normal for their show.

There is proof of something going on during the arm incident. The stop motion sequence is not normal for their show.

I think some people here saw the original edit of the episode and just the fact that they chose to re-edit it with those pictures is fishy enough for me.

I think some people here saw the original edit of the episode and just the fact that they chose to re-edit it with those pictures is fishy enough for me.

I don't think so, but my memory has played me wrong before. I fairly sure I saw the original edit and it had the stop motion sequence. Some very alert person was alerted by the oddity of the stop mo. and posted a series of screen shots starting with the shot of the whole family - arrow pointing to Josiah. Then next shot with "where's Josiah?" - arrow pointing to the Josiah-sized gap where he was clearly standing in the previous shot. I can vouch for Jana very audibly calling out "Siah! Don't cry!" as half the family looks to their left and Josiah is out of shot. TLC may have edited that out since. TLC isn't stupid. Something happened that definitely didn't fit the Duggar image and they edited it out. I'm only surprised that they didn't re-enact the whole scene for the cameras.

Re Pickles and Hairspray: I read over there sometimes and she and her politics don't bother me. I wish she didn't resent (compete with?) FJ so much. Sometimes I think threads like these are destructive to improving the relationship, but I'm Pollyanna. I want everyone to get along. There is plenty of room for multiple sites on the Duggars and people can participate wherever they want.

Someone said upthread that FJ likes media attention. I don't speak for FJ, obviously, but I like it when FJ gets media attention. We discuss far more than the Duggars. We are not just a snark site although that is our primary purpose. We have some really good minds here and have amassed an enormous amount of information on extreme Fundamentalism between us. There are some very thoughtful discussions on FJ alongside a lot of humor.

So, if FJ is mentioned in the media then we probably get more readers who may learn more about the dark side of Gothardism and other extreme Fundamentalist religions and cults. That is good.

Mind you, it really pisses me off when careless journalists report our snark as fact. But that is their problem not ours!

I asked a question about something I'd heard about one of the middle boys. I went back looking for it to see if anyone answered, and the post was gone. I sent Pickles a PM asking about it, and she told me it was all rumor so she deleted it. Ok, fine, but you couldn't shoot me a PM and tell me??? I wonder also where she gets all the photos that haven't been put out anywhere else (or at least I don't think they have been). She had some photos of Jill's wedding that seemed like they were taken on the sly at the reception.

She also didnt believe about the Bates horses. Too many people caught the original episode and it got edited later. I never though they were actually abusing them, but like they had no clue how to take care of them r how much cost was involved.

Pickles doesnt get speculation keeps celebrity gossip sites going.

her site, her rules, who cares? I don't get why this is such a bone of contention on here. Read it or not, but why care how she monitors her own page? If I had a Facebook page like that I would be the queen of that page, and I would not feel the need to explain myself. It isn't like she is running a journalistic online magazine. It is just entertainment and there are plenty of other sites to get your Duggar fix, if you decide to stay away from hers.

her site, her rules, who cares? I don't get why this is such a bone of contention on here. Read it or not, but why care how she monitors her own page? If I had a Facebook page like that I would be the queen of that page, and I would not feel the need to explain myself. It isn't like she is running a journalistic online magazine. It is just entertainment and there are plenty of other sites to get your Duggar fix, if you decide to stay away from hers.

It may be her site and her rules, but the hypocrisy is apparent. As said above, she is the ultra left version of the Duggars. Personally I gave up trying to figure out what she represents. She 'borrows' from here but other sites claiming to be the first one who got the pic or whatever. Many of us have been banned just for disagreeing.She also forbids speculation.

She probably seeks some level of fame for what she does, but any that she's getting isn't for good reasons. She's obviously very dedicated to the page and the overall effort. Makes you wonder how much more successful she'd be if she directed her energies into something more worthwhile than a realty TV fan page.

It may be her site and her rules, but the hypocrisy is apparent. As said above, she is the ultra left version of the Duggars. Personally I gave up trying to figure out what she represents. She 'borrows' from here but other sites claiming to be the first one who got the pic or whatever. Many of us have been banned just for disagreeing.She also forbids speculation.

But I guess my question is why does it matter? Her page is her page, she can expose herself as a hypocrite or as a genius, and I guess I don't see how in anyway, that makes a bit of difference to any of us personally? So what if you can't post on that site, does it in anyway impact your quality of life?

You have this site, and likely others where you can say and express pretty much whatever you want. How many sites about the Duggars do you need to have uncensored access to, to post comments and such.

This is all becoming the tail wagging the dog here, and the amount of time spent on this family is really pretty shocking and I include myself in this. And what is even more puzzling is at the core, the Duggars are actually not very interesting people. JB and M- Dumb, corny and not at all interesting. The Lovely Jana- Beautiful and seems sweet, but again, dull, JD-Well, I mean, Dull dull dull, Jill- "totally" dullJessa- Maybe a spark here and there due to her edge, which in any normal family would be barely noticeable, Jinger- sometimes amusing with her face pulling, but her main interest seems to stem from the feeling we have that she is unappreciated and suppressed in whatever creativity she might have, Joe-Dull, although the college thing might be interesting. But what is interesting about it, is that here they have a chance at a new storyline and they have ignored it. Josiah- Maybe interesting. More so before ALERT, JoyAnna-Definitely the only girl in the first half to have much spark, but still, not really all that interesting. No need to go on as I think you get the point.

Yet somehow as a whole we can't seem to get enough of them. I mean, I actually checked FJ at work? Really? I tell my own mom not to email me at work, because we aren't supposed to use work time for personal communication, yet I took time to check FJ?

It is wrong, over the top, and I really think we all need to step back and ask ourselves why we are here. And if we are so righteously indignant over the injustices of the Fundie lifestyle and political activism, perhaps we would get more accomplished if we took more direct action, rather than anonymously posting on entertaining boards all of our collective wisdom and observations. We should be out there campaigning for people who run against the Ted Cruz's, The Asa Hutchinson's, the Mike Pense's, the Wisconsin guy ( temporary brain lapse), the Koch Brothers, etc.

Sorry, I have been sick for a week, and immersed in this too much. I think the frenzy over Jill's baby just really did me in. But at the same time, it also clarified that I have missed out on some actual real life moments because I was watching the Duggars, reading about the Duggars, Learning about other Crazy Fundies, and so on.

Why do you care if people want to bitch about a self-righteoud asshole? Why are you here? This is what FJ is for.

Why do you care if people want to bitch about a self-righteoud asshole? Why are you here? This is what FJ is for.

Exactly. I dont think myself over the top or obsessed with the Duggars. I thing most people here follow extremes more closely . It may seem like obsession, but it is out of concern for human rights an keeping freedoms we fought so hard to get. I'm only on FJ during the weekends else I would never get any writing done. If others want to check this board every hour, more power to them. They arent hurting anyone

What is "the arm" incident?

The arm incident happened in "Duggars: All You Wanted to Know." At the end of the episode, Michelle tells the whole family she is pregnant with #20. Josiah runs off and you can hear one of the girls say, "Siah, don't c-". Then you see a series of photos of the family taken right after the announcement. Josiah is not in any of them. Then, filming resumes with Jim Bob talking about what a blessing the new baby will be. Josiah is standing next to him, holding his arm and looking very scared.

Many people have speculated that Josiah ran off when his mom announced she was pregnant because he was scared that his mom might have more health problems like she did when she was pregnant with Josie, but Jim Bob caught up to him, twisted his arm and gave him a lecture about being happy that Michelle was having another blessing. This is all speculation and we don't know what the real story is.

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived