IGNORED

What Now?

Destiny

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

Also I've tried another 10 times to call and it's still busy!

If you call and it's busy, you can push 4 and leave a message. 

15 hours ago, RoseWilder said:

I just saw this on twitter: 

I'm quoting myself, which is obnoxious. But I just wanted to let everyone know that this is the last day to call. I just called and hit 4 to leave a message and it took less than 2 minutes. 

Please call everyone!

I left a voicemail at the DOJ number. I've also encouraged everyone I know who is not an Agent Orange groupie to do so today.

I just left one too. How long till we know if they will do it? What happens if they do an audit and it ends up Hillary actually won? I can't even begin to imagine the riots by the racist groups who are thrilled to have Agent Orange in power. Trump has already been given important government info, what will stop him from sharing it because I can see him doing that. 

Just a few days ago I said that I wished we have an American version of England's Stop Funding Hate campaign. Well, it turns out we do. Here is a twitter page, and an article, about a boycott of all companies that are advertising on hate sites such as Breitbart: 

https://twitter.com/slpng_giants/

http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/nation-world/national/article116393098.html

ETA: So far, 9 companies have stopped advertising from Breitbart. 

I'm going to file this under: Did not see this coming. 

Jill Stein has requested a recount: 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/jill-stein-election-recount_us_5835e45be4b09b6055fffc64

Stein’s press director made the announcement in a Facebook livestream on Wednesday afternoon. Her campaign is accepting donations for the effort and called on supporters to provide $2 million by Friday afternoon. Its statement references “compelling evidence of voting anomalies” and “significant discrepancies in vote totals” in the three states. As of Wednesday evening, nearly $1 million had been pledged to the recount effort.

My favorite part of the article: 

Wisconsin is already preparing for a recount based on the Stein campaign’s statements, Michael Haas, state Elections Commission director, told the Wisconsin State Journal.

10 hours ago, RoseWilder said:

I'm going to file this under: Did not see this coming. 

Jill Stein has requested a recount: 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/jill-stein-election-recount_us_5835e45be4b09b6055fffc64

My favorite part of the article: 

Go Jill Stein!  I didn't vote for her and don't care for her views, but I'm starting to like her more and more.

2 hours ago, Childless said:

Go Jill Stein!  I didn't vote for her and don't care for her views, but I'm starting to like her more and more.

She has to raise 4.5 million dollars to fund the recount and she's raised 3 million so far. 

Here's the donation page, if anyone wants to contribute: 

https://jillstein.nationbuilder.com/recount

1 hour ago, RoseWilder said:

A petition to request that the vote be audited still needs about 8,000 signatures. So if you haven't signed it yet, now's a great time:  

https://www.change.org/p/demand-an-audit-of-the-2016-presidential-election/u/18581975?tk=67K__sDkJH16l_atTuyXBjzbDbg6P-cmRuPdy8fkyZc&utm_source=petition_update&utm_medium=email

Signed!

Husband signed also!

It's down to just a bit under 4,000 votes needed.  I clicked "sign" but it's not going through. 

The title of this thread is "What Now?" and turns out that some (many?) conservatives are  asking themselves the same question.  I just came across this thoughtful article on Politico.com by conservative (but Never-Trumper) writer and radio show host Charles Sykes discussing Steve Bannon in the White House, Breitbart news, fake news, Alex Jones and the information disaster headed our way with the advent of alt-right news as the new faux normal under the Trump regime.  

Charles Sykes notes that any journalist (and perhaps especially conservative journalists) who isn't singing an alt-right aria will be brutalized.  A few sentences I disagreed with, but in all a very thoughtful and introspective article.   Many mainstream Republicans/conservatives are waking up to the reality that the Tea Party has spawned an alien baby and they will have to fall in line or be left behind in a grotesque alt-right Rapture scenario. 

To see a conservative radio show host and writer admit that the Right itself is to blame for the rise of alt-right news (see bolded below)  is totally mind blowing.  To whet you appetite: 

The “fake news” that we are now obsessing over is only the latest leading indicator of the perils of our new post-truth media/political world. Indeed, what we learned this year was that the walls are down, the gatekeepers dismissed, the norms and standards of journalism and fact-based discourse trashed.

All of this was a long time coming. For years, conservatives criticized the bias and double standards of the mainstream media (and much of that criticism was richly deserved). Over the years, I used my own radio show on many occasions to call out the many failures of the liberal media. But the cumulative effect of the attacks was to delegitimize those outlets altogether and essentially destroy much of the right’s immunity to false information. The media’s rather dramatic failure to get the election right this year has made it only easier for Trump’s supporters to ignore anything that happens outside the right’s bubble.

Full text here and definitely worth a read: 

Donald Trump and the Rise of Alt-Reality Media: You think the truth took a hit last year? It's about to get worse. A lot worse.

1 hour ago, Howl said:

It's down to just a bit under 4,000 votes needed.  I clicked "sign" but it's not going through. 

I just looked at the link and I had accidentally posted a link where I was still logged in. 

Try this link and see if it works: 

https://www.change.org/p/demand-an-audit-of-the-2016-presidential-election

2 hours ago, RoseWilder said:

I just looked at the link and I had accidentally posted a link where I was still logged in. 

Try this link and see if it works: 

https://www.change.org/p/demand-an-audit-of-the-2016-presidential-election

Signed. Less than 2,000 signatures needed now.

Also, for those participating in the #notbannon post card avalanche - don't forget to pop your's into the mail between tomorrow (Saturday the 26th) and Monday (the 28th.) 

I too signed the petition for the recount!

In related news, an article showed up in a local paper this week. It was about how the Amish and Mennonite communities throughout Ohio and Pennsylvania (moreso PA because they figured "Trump already had Ohio won") came out in DROVES to vote Republican (not necessarily Trump, but they voted for Republican values). In fact, people were driving from Amish house to Amish house just to pick up voters to take them to the polls. In several counties, Amish/Mennonite voters outnumbered Democratic voters.

http://timesgazette.com/news/11592/amish-helped-trump-win#/

The Washington Post published an article, "Can the Democratic Party rise again? Yes -- and here's the first big thing to watch". Basically, in the next two years, 38 gubernatorial contests will be fought. If we can move some of them to the Democratic side, we'll have a better shot with other elections. Here's a brief quote:

There are more than three dozen gubernatorial races taking place in the next two years. And they could do a tremendous amount to set the party on the path out of the wilderness in the Age of Donald Trump — with potentially significant national ramifications that could stretch well into the next decade, for instance by having a substantial influence over the redistricting of House seats, which could help determine control of the Lower Chamber in the 2020s.

Of course, the current state of affairs is dire indeed. Not only has the Democratic Party been shut out of Washington, where the GOP controls both the White House and Congress, but the carnage is widespread on the state level, too: Next year, Republicans will control more than 30 governors’ mansions nationwide, and have total control (meaning GOP governors and GOP control of both state legislative chambers) in some 25 states. By contrast, Democrats will have total control in all of five states. The 2018 Senate map looks grim for any prospects of a Dem takeover, and the House is all but certain to remain out of reach in 2018 as well.

and the conclusion:

All of which is to say that liberal and Democratic voters who are despairing over the outcome in 2016 have another option. They can start focusing on the possibility of regaining ground in the elections of the next two years — which will be upon us before you know it.

I know I've already been in contact with my state Democratic party, to take a more active role, since our governor's election is next year and the current Democrat is barred from running again due to term limits. I want to ensure that none of the Republicans who are running will get in, especially the crazy as a <fill in the blank> guy who was Drumpf's state chairperson, but was let go by said campaign for being too gung-ho for Agent Orange. He's already campaigning hard, which is scary.

22 hours ago, RoseWilder said:

A petition to request that the vote be audited still needs about 8,000 signatures. So if you haven't signed it yet, now's a great time:  

https://www.change.org/p/demand-an-audit-of-the-2016-presidential-election/u/18581975?tk=67K__sDkJH16l_atTuyXBjzbDbg6P-cmRuPdy8fkyZc&utm_source=petition_update&utm_medium=email

Bummer, couldn't get to sign on my Kindle

18 hours ago, Howl said:

Tried again and Yup, submitted instantly, so 1,999 signatures needed.  

An odd thing happened when I signed and submitted -- the next page that popped up was Change.org, but partially in German......hope I'm not getting Angela Merkle unseated or something. 

So I was going to mail out my postcards earlier today. But pregnancy fatigue left me unable to adult. Which means my hyped up Velocipuppy found the postcards on our little table...

Long story short, I now have one post card to send. Luckily, it's the one where I signed asking why Mike Pence hates the gays - that was my favorite.

In more troubling news, I'm pretty sure my dog is actually a Trump supporter. I think we need an intervention. :pb_lol:

3 hours ago, RoseWilder said:

The Clinton campaign is on board for the recount: 

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/26/politics/clinton-campaign-recount/index.html

Excellent! I had a feeling that they've been quietly looking at things, but I'm glad that Jill Stein's decision to take the initiative helped prod them towards supporting the recount effort.

29 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Luckily, it's the one where I signed asking why Mike Pence hates the gays - that was my favorite.

I started wondering this evening if, when Donald chose Pence as his running mate, some Republicans decided to run a long con.  Many people think that Trump won't last four years and will be impeached, leaving Mike Pence as president, and I'm sure there are some major Republican entities who will be working very hard towards exactly that scenario. The timing would need to be impeachment in Year 2 of the Trump administration catastrophe, leaving Pence plenty of time to right the ship of state (or at least tow what's left to shore) and start campaigning for 2020.  Which would be the second damn disaster in four years.  Face palm. 

Let's hope that the recount brings some new votes to light -- for Hillary.  

Lots of verbal abuse of Melania in comments on articles that are left or center left, and that seems icky to me.  Melania seems to have zip interest in being First Lady.  Don't have any sense of who she is, other than being the mother of her son and standing by the Donald -- literally standing beside him in photo ops. She's going to continue living in Trump Tower until the end of the school year.  It will be interesting to see if she moves into the White House in June. 

Archived