IGNORED

"RadicalFemininity," a treasure trove of fundie cliches

Rachel333

So did his dad wear some kind of Coexist bracelet to their wedding? I spy stars of David (ofc) and crosses, but I swear that's a crescent moon peeking out too.

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, FecundFundieFundus said:

So did his dad wear some kind of Coexist bracelet to their wedding? I spy stars of David (ofc) and crosses, but I swear that's a crescent moon peeking out too.

That would be amazing. He’s definitely leaning left according to his Facebook so I would like this guy even more if he did wear it. Because I imagine his son is anti-Palestine. 

10 hours ago, FecundFundieFundus said:

I can't figure out what that next symbol is, but I doubt that would be the photo Hannah would use to eulogize her FIL if he was wearing a coexist bracelet. Would be funny though.

Well here's a disgusting post from Tom Washburn:

BbBqZWD.jpg?1

Silas LaGoy comparing immigrants to bank robbers:

jNNUNsK.png?1

In contrast, James Manderino shared a post with a much more compassionate take:

XZU8QRb.jpg?1

I’m shocked James is the compassionate one. His other political posts aren’t. Maybe his dad’s political leaning slightly rubbed off on him. 

On 2/16/2018 at 11:50 AM, ViolaSebastian said:

Where to even begin with this one...

Spoiler

78AF9B05-921D-49B4-A7CD-894A6B5F9447.png

When she says there is only one state in the union that would stop her from getting an abortion, does anyone know which state she is talking about?

James Manderino wrote a fun poem about abortion and blood for Independence Day.

Bloody Independence
A poem by James Manderino

Enter the secret chamber if you dare, 
The secret chamber of murder’s care.
Known by all, but kept from view.
Would that this story wasn’t true.

Naive, calm she enters the room.
Strangers greet her, bringing doom.
But what is that? A familiar voice.
Could it be she has a choice?

Would that it were. The die is set.
No hope, no future, no regret.
A day to remember, this will be.
A day of independence, a day of glee.

Freedom, freedom at last.
Not for the victim, but from the past.
Freedom from consequence and freedom to live.
But, not for the victim, her life is to give.

Betrayal, of love, betrayal of trust.
A perfect sacrifice on the altar of lust.
Lust for the flesh and lust for control.
Death of the flesh, death of the soul.

And now enters the murderer’s tool.
This is the law, this is the rule.
The reign of freedom is thick with blood.
A stream, a river, a gruesome flood.

And all the while we celebrate.
Happy independence day, Ain’t it great?
We freely rejoice at our victim’s fate.
Freedom to choose, freedom to mate!

We are the masters, independence day!
We take her life. We celebrate, we slay.
And our God looks on with vengeance in hand.
Vengeance for the blood spilled on our land.

So celebrate, drink, be cheerful of heart.
Enjoy your freedom before the judgement start.
The blood of the unborn brings a stench to this state.
The divine wrath of God I anticipate.

That is a very poorly written poem that manages to convey the instability of its author, so that's... Something. 

Do you think he has poems about abortion for EVERY holiday? 

Presidents Day: Spinning in their graves if they knew/How many babbies harlots slew 

Earth Day: Climate change is just a farce/Distracting from the true pain of our hearts

Fundy pomes are always the best, for their utter disregard for things like scansion and basic rhythm - but does he have the excuse that he is a SOTDRT graduate, or did he just not listen in English lessons?

On 7/2/2018 at 9:59 AM, The Mother Dust said:

When she says there is only one state in the union that would stop her from getting an abortion, does anyone know which state she is talking about?

I believe she means Iowa, which banned abortions after a fetal heartbeat is detected (around six weeks). She wrote this before a judge blocked the bill. 

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/05/05/608738116/iowa-bans-most-abortions-as-governor-signs-heartbeat-bill

I feel like a staunchly anti-choice person could read this and conclude that this man is mentally unstable. He obviously shares his wife’s narrow theory of mind. They are the worst kind of fundies, they are the fundies who assume everyone who doesn’t gave perfect godly life and family must be doing something wrong and that circumstances have no effect on one’s life. Hannah once axed my comment on her blog post mandating all true Christian single women should submit to their father’s authority (enter all other SAHD cliche rhetoric). My crime? I simply shared my story about I, a Christian, grew up emotionally abused by my “Christian” father. My main point was how the only spiritual authority I was comfortable with was God himself. I guess the main theme of the Bible was too radical of a concept for how she believes true femininity should be lived out. 

Hannah, James -

Not every woman has a safe home. Many women outside of your bubble must make tough decisions everyday to survive. Sometimes it is as simple (I say that with caution) as moving out from their father’s home. Sometimes it as heart wrenching as having an abortion. Just because you two grew up with safe parents and have a safe relationship, does not mean everyone else does. Don’t use your privilege to shame women for doing what they need to do to live, use it to actually help people. Where do I get this wild idea? From how Jesus lived and loved.

Off topic, but the abortion discussion made me think of a facebook post I saw today from a friend of mine who used to be very conservative (the first time I met him he complained about how conservatives are discriminated against). He has clearly changed a lot.

I’m pro-Choice, and I love Jesus more than I love anything else.

Nobody wants to kill babies.

Everybody wants there to be fewer abortions.

Only the pro-Choice community is willing to advocate for policies proven to actually decrease the number of abortions: comprehensive sex education, paid maternity leave, poverty alleviation, accessible pre- and post-natal care, etc.

Only the pro-Choice community is sensitive to the reality that when abortion is outlawed, it’s women instead of fetuses whose life is terminated, in back allies, in birth, at the hands of an irresponsible father. It’s our moms, our wives, our sisters.

Only the pro-Choice community is willing to grant that pregnancy is not just the result of a mother’s decision—why are we punishing women for pregnancy, and not men?

Only the pro-Choice community recognizes that it’s a bunch of dudes in Congress who are afraid to say the word “vagina” who are writing the policies that restrict the decision-making ability of women and their expert health care professionals.

I’m pro-Choice, and I love Jesus more than I love anything else.

34 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

Off topic, but the abortion discussion made me think of a facebook post I saw today from a friend of mine who used to be very conservative (the first time I met him he complained about how conservatives are discriminated against). He has clearly changed a lot.

“Everyone wants there to be fewer abortions.”

speak for yourself dude. I don’t care a single iota if someone has 1000 abortions because I don’t believe a fetus is a human being. 

Its nice and all to see religious people support choice but I hate it when it is still couched in this rhetoric that abortion is some awful horrible thing. 

1 hour ago, artdecades said:

“Everyone wants there to be fewer abortions.”

speak for yourself dude. I don’t care a single iota if someone has 1000 abortions because I don’t believe a fetus is a human being. 

Its nice and all to see religious people support choice but I hate it when it is still couched in this rhetoric that abortion is some awful horrible thing. 

I mostly agree but even just considering the physical aspect it is still an unpleasant medical procedure that I would imagine most women would prefer to do without.

But yeah, even non-religious people tend to do the "abortion is awful but..." thing.

46 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

I mostly agree but even just considering the physical aspect it is still an unpleasant medical procedure that I would imagine most women would prefer to do without.

But yeah, even non-religious people tend to do the "abortion is awful but..." thing.

Well, any necessary medical procedure is unpleasant, but no one uses that rhetoric about other surgeries. But no one who has bunion surgery is going to hear "we don't want bunion removal". Well sure, but its not a want, its a procedure that meets someone's medical needs. And if someone is getting a 1000 bunion surgeries, I may think it would be easier to wear better shoes, but I don't fundamentally judge the procedure itself as something awful and terrible that needs to be avoided, nor do I feel like the person getting it is somehow a flawed or bad person for having that procedure. It's not my foot and it's not my uterus. 

If he had said "no one wants unwanted pregnancies" then it would be one thing, as unplanned and unwanted pregnancies are financially, emotionally, and physically taxing. I would bet that most, if not all women, who have had abortions wish they didn't have the pregnancy that lead to the procedure. Do you see where im trying to go with this?

@artdecades I was thinking about how, just from a physical standpoint, focusing on prevention makes sense, just like it does for preventing any other surgery. I totally agree with you about the specific language, though!

Regarding that guy in particular, he definitely still does say thing that rub me the wrong way. :pb_lol: I was just surprised to see the post though as it shows how much he's changed. It seems like Trump was the catalyst, actually, and I've seen that with several formerly conservative people I know. He's actually acting on it too and going out and campaigning for progressive candidates.

Abigail is due July 11th. I believe Hannah is due around the same time. I’ve read that first pregnancies often go overdue. I wouldn’t be surprised if Hannah went way overdue only because she would allow it. I really hope Abigail is more open to a hospital birth. She seems to be living her life a little differently than Hannah. She doesn’t head cover, she wears pants, her husband shaves his face, and I believe she isn’t against ultrasounds like Hannah. I’m pretty sure both couples have similar fundie beliefs. However I think the Lagoys are doing things a little differently so I hope they are also open to a hospital birth. 

Hannah was surprised by having a female singleton. If only there was a way to tell how many babies you have BEFORE birth... Hmmm.

Introducing Yael Mercy Manderino! She was born on July 7th, at home, weighing 7 lbs 2oz, and is 20.5 inches long. She definitely surprised us since most of us (including myself) were convinced that I was having a boy (if not twins)! But instead we have one very strong, healthy, spunky little girl! She's a very peaceful baby ... except for protesting a few things that she doesn't prefer, like bath time, wearing hats, or dirty diaper changes! We chose to name her after the woman in the Bible (Judges chapter 4) who helped save her people by tricking the enemy general that was trying to destroy them and killing him. Our prayer for her is that she will exhibit strength and justice, tempered with mercy 

Yeah, how could it possibly be a surprise that she was a girl (50% chance)  or a singleton (99% chance)? :pb_lol:

That's a super religious name, which is no surprise, but I've got to admit that Yael is a pretty badass character to name her after.

I’m really disappointed she had a girl. There are some fundies I really wish would have only boys and Hannah is one of them. She’s an idiot for thinking she was having twins. Hopefully she’s not so stupid next time. But my prediction is that every pregnancy will be twins but she ends up with surprise singletons. 

Does Hannah think it is only her baby that does not “prefer” baths and diaper changes? The kid’s like 2 hours old, right?  Lord help us. I know it’s been said but it cracks me up that an ultra-sound free pregnancy has the mom being surprised at a single baby. Most people are shocked at twins if they have had no way of knowing beforehand. 

I’ve been pregnant twice and I’m sorry but I could FEEL that I only had one baby in there. I could feel the head, butt, and feet position. I would have known if there was an extra head or butt. She’s fucking delusional.

I think the reason they were so "surprised" by the singleton is because they more-so had a "spiritual" belief they were having twins, due to the prayers of her husband.

9 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’ve been pregnant twice and I’m sorry but I could FEEL that I only had one baby in there. I could feel the head, butt, and feet position. I would have known if there was an extra head or butt. She’s fucking delusional.

I’ve never been pregnant but I have felt what you’re describing on my mom before. It’s pretty straighforward.

I have seen this type of delusional behavior in many a fundie girl, they think they’re ready for marriage and motherhood because of checking off some legalistic boxes, or because God told their daddies’ so. But the fundies where God “leads” and “speaks” to them so clearly are obviously not that stable therefore definitely not in a state to be responsible for other humans. I hope her delusions don’t end up harming her offspring. If today it’s a “surprise” there were not two babies, imagine the horror tomorrow could bring. 

I wonder if she asked for two of some things because they so strongly believed it was twins. This is some Dr. Phil level shit.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived