IGNORED

Lori Alexander, 12: Transformed, But We Can't Tell

@Imrlgoddess I thought that was you too and was wondering why you would use your real name on the blog when it would be so easily traceable...that's not cool and I'm sorry that happened that you 

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you @Koala.  I wonder often if she just went for what was convenient/easy and regretted it after the fact.  There is a measure of sympathy for that scenario.  A small measure perhaps....because she stayed and has cultivated her own misery.  Now she wants company. :562479569aefe_32(14):

And also thank you...I was worried that I overstepped a line somewhere by semi-calling them out.  I had stages of:  "ooo I'm internet famous!" and then, "awwww HEEELLL NAW".  I had to take a few breaths after I read it.

15 hours ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

I watched Joyce Meyer this morning, and she was talking about having mercy.  She even mentioned that maybe women could show mercy to their husbands if he leaves his socks on the floor.  She said a wife could not make it an issue and just pick them up for him.   Now I'm sure Lori would be all over that, except for Joyce teaching the BIble with men (gasp) in the audience.  

But somehow, it wasn't offensive coming from Joyce.  Maybe it's because she has more grace and class than Lori.

I have always found Joyce Meyer to be a bit likeable. It will be only a matter of time before Lori goes after Joyce for teaching and ministering to people.

27 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

I have always found Joyce Meyer to be a bit likeable. It will be only a matter of time before Lori goes after Joyce for teaching and ministering to people.

You can have Joyce and her mansion amidst a compound with her family surrounding her, her private jet, traveling hairdresser, and very pricey furniture.   What would Jesus, I mean, Lori do?  Covet the mansion, family compound, private jet, traveling hairdresser, and very pricey furniture, most likely.

Thread drift--speaking of $$$, was the robbery at Joel Osteen's mansion ever solved?

5 minutes ago, Granwych said:

You can have Joyce and her mansion amidst a compound with her family surrounding her, her private jet, traveling hairdresser, and very pricey furniture.   What would Jesus, I mean, Lori do?  Covet the mansion, family compound, private jet, traveling hairdresser, and very pricey furniture, most likely.

Thread drift--speaking of $$$, was the robbery at Joel Osteen's mansion ever solved?

I have noticed over the years that Joyce seems to have a very good relationship with her kids and one of her sons is in administration of the ministry. I suspect that Lori's kids don't have that great of a relationship with Lori. I don't they ever commented on her blog. i know one of the daughter in laws responded to an anti-gay marriage post of Lori's on FB. When it comes to good parent/child relationships Joyce probably beats Lori in that category.

I had totally forgotten about Joel Osteen mansion robbery. I despise Osteen after reading some of bad stories of his churches and the stuff about his wife being awful

16 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

I have noticed over the years that Joyce seems to have a very good relationship with her kids and one of her sons is in administration of the ministry. I suspect that Lori's kids don't have that great of a relationship with Lori. I don't they ever commented on her blog. i know one of the daughter in laws responded to an anti-gay marriage post of Lori's on FB. When it comes to good parent/child relationships Joyce probably beats Lori in that category.

I had totally forgotten about Joel Osteen mansion robbery. I despise Osteen after reading some of bad stories of his churches and the stuff about his wife being awful

I'm sure that Joyce has a better relationship with her kids;  at least a few are in the employ of her ministry.   I just think that Joyce spends a little (or much) too much of ministry funds on personal luxuries. 

13 minutes ago, Granwych said:

I'm sure that Joyce has a better relationship with her kids;  at least a few are in the employ of her ministry.   I just think that Joyce spends a little (or much) too much of ministry funds on personal luxuries. 

There are times I get Bakker/PTL vibes from televangelists and Creflo Dollar is also in that category.

1 minute ago, lilwriter85 said:

There are times I get Bakker/PTL vibes from televangelists and Creflo Dollar is also in that category.

Exactly!

9 hours ago, Koala said:

That's scary, folks.  What they are advocating for is women losing their rights.  People like SSM are advocating for marital rape.  It's not that they just want to throw their rights away...they want us all to lose them.

I never understand this from religious people.  It's one thing to live one's life by one's own beliefs (though I object to kids being brought up in experimental lifestyles like the Fundies use, which will leave them without skills to navigate the world) but the insistence that everyone lives by their specific rules is beyond me. 

It's always the same people who feel oppressed by gay marriage, will shout "persecution" at every turn, and want their religion respected - but who won't respect a single belief of other people.

12 hours ago, Imrlgoddess said:

Apparently I've hit some kind of FJ milestone?  I don't know what this person's intent was, but to rip me off and straight up plagiarize isn't ok.  Understand that the internet is vast and that maybe I shouldn't be bent out of shape..I am.  Shannon, this ain't cool. At. All.  My point was specific to her putting down female service members, past and present.  It's not a joke, or a notion to be played with. 

Hide contents

Screenshot (1).png

Whoa, not cool, not cool at all. I'm sorry someone did that.

20 hours ago, Granwych said:

Yea, I agree Joyce Meyer is overpaid. However, her personal money comes from her book and CD sales. I can't fault her for having a lot of money if she put in the work and effort to write books that lots of people buy. It's the same thing as overpaid athletes or Hollywood stars who have tons of money because fans pay to see their movie or attend a game.  No one bats an eye at that, but people get upset if a preacher makes good money. The plane? I imagine it is just as cost effective to maintain a plane than to constantly buy airline tickets for your help and staff.

As far as Joyce's Hand of Hope Ministry. They do a lot of great work. Their last financial report stated that 85℅ of donations went to ministry and only 15℅ for salaries and overhead expenses. They were audited by the IRS several years ago, and everything was found to be proper and in order.

In her group, Lori had just shared pictures of a wedding she and Ken went to this weekend that had a Halloween theme...including the couple's name. Why? To make fun of them and talk about how a woman "who might have been a lesbian" married them. What a hypocrite. I'm tempted to find these people and share a screen shot of this shit.

I can not stand this bitch.

16 minutes ago, iheartchacos said:

I'm tempted to find these people and share a screen shot of this shit.

Oh wow!  I think you should. That is just wrong.  It's bad enough she gossips, but then use their names...unbelievable.

19 hours ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Yea, I agree Joyce Meyer is overpaid. However, her personal money comes from her book and CD sales. I can't fault her for having a lot of money if she put in the work and effort to write books that lots of people buy. It's the same thing as overpaid athletes or Hollywood stars who have tons of money because fans pay to see their movie or attend a game.  No one bats an eye at that, but people get upset if a preacher makes good money. The plane? I imagine it is just as cost effective to maintain a plane than to constantly buy airline tickets for your help and staff.

As far as Joyce's Hand of Hope Ministry. They do a lot of great work. Their last financial report stated that 85℅ of donations went to ministry and only 15℅ for salaries and overhead expenses. They were audited by the IRS several years ago, and everything was found to be proper and in order.

I don't want to get into a debate with you about you about how preachers make their money, but to compare preachers to athletes and Hollywood stars is really apples and oranges.  I suppose even Jesus had to have the spikenard for his feet, but every preacher's mansion, plane, staff, and amenities seems a bit over the top.   I remember reading some time back that Joyce had gotten some grief about her spending, and that's when she agreed to use just the book and CD $$ as she saw fit.  Any contributions to her ministry would be funneled to the ministry itself. 

I guess that reading all the stuff about Jim and Tammy Faye's lavish lifestyle while they literally cried for contributions really soured me.   I had to read enough of the Bible in Catholic school to remember Jesus telling his followers to give all their possessions away and follow him.

5 hours ago, iheartchacos said:

In her group, Lori had just shared pictures of a wedding she and Ken went to this weekend that had a Halloween theme...including the couple's name. Why? To make fun of them and talk about how a woman "who might have been a lesbian" married them. What a hypocrite. I'm tempted to find these people and share a screen shot of this shit.

I can not stand this bitch.

That is bad even for her.  Unbelievable. 

So wait a minute.  She attended these people's wedding, ate their food, and then took pictures so she'd have something to gossip about to her Godly internet friends.  And no one in the group called her on it?  

I hope someone lets the couple know.  That's beyond despicable.  

13 hours ago, Emilycharlotte said:

I'm tempted to find these people and share a screen shot of this shit.

Please, please do. I actually wrote that in my Amazon review. Her site is a place where Christians go to brag about how they are more pious than others. 

5 hours ago, FundieWatcher said:

Please, please do. I actually wrote that in my Amazon review. Her site is a place where Christians go to brag about how they are more pious than others. 

That was actually I Heart Chacos who said that, but I support the sentiment. :my_smile: I can't be of assistance because I was kicked out of the group quite awhile ago.

On her post today Lori uses a photo from the recent "Halloween" theme wedding they attended.  She is dressed in a fit and flare black dress and black knee-high suede(?) boots.

Lori snarks on the wedding in her private chat room and posts pictures of the couple and guests to point out how un-godly they were -- But she wore a black dress and black boots obviously in the spirit of the wedding theme?

Umm.... isn't that really hypocritical -- even for Lori?  If she is so godly and so against Halloween wouldn't she have politely declined the invitation or perhaps dressed in pastels in opposition to the theme.

No ... the godly older woman mentor plays along with the wedding theme and then snarks mightily in private to her fan-girls.  Because it's more fun to judge people and insult them behind their backs.

I really, really, really  hope someone screen caps her chat room posts and sends it to the wedding couple and their families.

Perhaps these people -- who though LoriKen were their friends -- will see the truth and drop them,  LoriKen really are the embodiment of "with friends like that, who needs enemies"

Oh good grief!  According to today's post, if your husband yells at you, it's all your fault.  

I have no problem with teaching women to be kind and respectful to their husbands, but once again, women are to blame for everything.  SMH.

• 3 weeks later...

Loving our husband has nothing to do with our feelings but an intentional walking in the Spirit with the one you are called to love the most!

I have such a hard time understanding how one can get married and remain married if there is no romantic connection or a specific arrangement of finance or beneficial trade.  I've seen marriage arrangements that had nothing to do with romance...but it was understood that it was an arrangement between two parties who needed something specific from the other.  She never eludes to marriage of convenience even though that's basically what she had/has.  No wonder she spreads misery like bad molasses....who wants to go through life pretending to love someone simply because they're too afraid to be alone?  Ugh.

11 hours ago, Imrlgoddess said:

I have such a hard time understanding how one can get married and remain married if there is no romantic connection or a specific arrangement of finance or beneficial trade

God's will doesn't seem to include romance, happiness, etc.

Kinda a major bummer...

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 0:12 AM, THERetroGamerNY said:

God's will doesn't seem to include romance, happiness, etc.

Kinda a major bummer...

Maybe there oughta be a handcraft kit made up, for say, stitching or calligraphy-ing a plaque of the Song of Solomon.  It could be hidden tastefully in the bedroom.

Lori has (blessedly) taken a break from blogging over the Thanksgiving holiday.  She did repost an old post today, and this comment from Ken caught my attention:

Abuse victims are just "in the wrong neighborhood":

If your experience is primarily with abuse from a man, you are in the wrong neighborhood, or the wrong relationships. I hope this was not by your choice and assume you had some abusive situation or family background. 

He continues:

But do not expect that Lori's blog is to be the savior of abused women. 

No Ken...I suspect that no one would ever think that Lori would try to help an abused woman.  
Instead, she deletes her comments and sends you to tell her that she must have been abused because she "was in the wrong neighborhood", and that you hope the abuse was not "her choice".

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/01/because-you-love-him.html#idc-cover

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived