IGNORED

Lori Alexander, 12: Transformed, But We Can't Tell

If your experience is primarily with abuse from a man, you are in the wrong neighborhood, or the wrong relationships. I hope this was not by your choice and assume you had some abusive situation or family background. If you are choosing men who perpetuate abuse, then please seek help professional, and start going to a good church and building relationships with men who are flawed, but who do want a great relationship with a wife. Be careful, even in churches are found some abusive men... so chose wisely. 

Aside from the classist/racist neighborhood remark (do people still seriously believe only men from low socio-economic backgrounds beat their wives?? :pb_eek:) his entire comment reeks of victim blaming. And piss poor syntax. But mostly victim blaming.

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ken has long established that abuse victims are found "in the wrong circles".  He once replied to a reader using the screen name "Questioning" with the following:

And I have to add Questioning... you are running in the wrong circles if you are hearing all these stories of abuse, or you are working in a shelter for abused women. 

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-husband-as-boss.html

It appears that now's the perfect time for the Alexanders to take up a hobby such as needlepoint or ceramics.  They sure don't have a clue about much else.

44 minutes ago, Granwych said:

It appears that now's the perfect time for the Alexanders to take up a hobby such as needlepoint or ceramics.  They sure don't have a clue about much else.

Lori would fuck that up too

Lori's pumpkin pie recipe isn't one she created. It's just like one I use. Unsure why she's going dairy-free though and her recipe for blender is eh unless have a high-speed blender. I use a mixer, beat the 2 eggs until frothy and add other ingredients though table or sea salt, doesn't matter. Also I mix honey with the coconut milk as per a tip to thicken it so it's like sweetened condensed milk in texture. My mixer does fine at blending it well, but don't have high speed special blender. Her times are for all pumpkin pies. May not snark, but she ought not act as though she created this "healthy" version of a pumpkin pie. It's a dairy-free version, not a "healthy" version and it's one I have used for past few years. Give credit where credit is due Lori. I got mine from a few sources with tips, all from the internet, to make better. 

From her FB

Jilly N Antony I miss having children's toys or books around the lounge room. Our children grow up way to fast.

Like · Reply · 3 · November 25 at 12:51pm

The Transformed Wife Most of today's children have way too many toys, however, and this isn't good for them, in my opinion. Just as we shouldn't store our treasures on earth, neither should we be teaching our children to do this from a young age and have a lot of stuff.

Like · Reply · 1 · November 25 at 1:12pm

Her comment has nothing to do with Jilly's comment. Her post is about that, yes, but it unrelated to the comment. Jill is sad her children are grown and Lori's reply is to parrot her post that children have too many toys and not to store treasures on the Earth. Erm, okay. Most mothers Lori's age or thereabouts would be like, I know and sympathize with Jill. Not Lori though. Empathy and sympathy are not in her vocabulary. 

47 minutes ago, dairyfreelife said:

From her FB

Her comment has nothing to do with Jilly's comment. Her post is about that, yes, but it unrelated to the comment. Jill is sad her children are grown and Lori's reply is to parrot her post that children have too many toys and not to store treasures on the Earth. Erm, okay. Most mothers Lori's age or thereabouts would be like, I know and sympathize with Jill. Not Lori though. Empathy and sympathy are not in her vocabulary. 

I love Jilly! Jilly needs a blog. She seems like an uncomplicated soul but she always has such wisdom and compassion!

On 11/27/2016 at 8:56 AM, dairyfreelife said:

From her FB

What a weird response. I doubt Lori misses her children at all. 

Lori is always so snotty to her readers.  It's no wonder she had trouble making friends in school. 

Jilly seems so sweet, which is why most of her comment sail straight over The Godly Mentor's head.

Here's another example of Lori's snotty responses to her readers:

Lori

The one who delivers packages to my door is a UPS man.  I have never seen a woman do this, have you?

Reader:

I must tell you, UPS employs many women drivers. There are a lot of women out there delivering packages and working incredibly hard, by choice.

Reader:

to answer your question, yes, I have seen female UPS delivery drivers. The one assigned to our area is female.

Problem solved.  Lori asked, and her readers responded that yes, they have seen female UPS drivers.

Lori:

I knew when I wrote this @rimrat and@pinkflowerybranches that there might be female UPS drivers and this is why I asked

She knew the answer, so she asked, and then acted put out when she got an answer that went against her claim that:

It is men who move refrigerators, washing machines, & heavy furniture.

Ummmmm.....I'm pretty sure I scooted a washer out of the way of the dryer this weekend to repair the lint hose.....sooooo....I guess I'm a dude???

:dontgetit:

44 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

Ummmmm.....I'm pretty sure I scooted a washer out of the way of the dryer this weekend to repair the lint hose.....sooooo....I guess I'm a dude???

:dontgetit:

I frequently (well, not THAT frequently, but still...) move my fridge in order to  clean behind it. I guess that means I'm a dude, too. Or at least a feminist. :pb_glasses:

Oh fuck off, Lori. 

Wonder what she'd make of Clown College? It didn't put off Erin (Bates) Paine. She got married before graduation IIRC

Fuck you Lori! I went to a community college AFTER I was married...I was too damn busy studying, working and raising my kids to worry about much of anything else...

Doesn't that dumb bitch and her daughters have college degrees? Can you say fucking hypocrite? 

Lori...shut the fuck up. You're a nasty, ugly, bitter old hag. 

Friday night, I heard a knock on my door and found a package. I hadn't ordered anything, so I checked the address -- nope, not mine. So I grabbed some shoes and the package to drop it off at the proper house (a block down the road). Well, the UPS driver had stopped at my next door neighbor's house, and she (oh yeah, SHE) called to me, "I dropped that at the wrong address, didn't I?" I laughed and told her that she had indeed. I handed it over to her, and that was that. So yeah. UPS definitely hires women. 

As for furniture, aykm? It's kind of a long-standing joke that women love rearranging furniture and annoying their husbands. Just because Lori's too lazy to lift a finger around the house doesn't mean every woman is.

Lori has deleted a Facebook comment on her latest doodle gram. The first comment called her out for being ridiculous and it's gone now. All that's left is a comment that reads "Amen!" 

@Kenyour wife will never grow up to be a real author or internet sensation if she cannot handle dissenting comments. Either she is confident in her words and her faith or she is not. A woman who is strong in her faith and the words she writes could leave comments up even if they disagree with her. A truly mature woman could ignore them or engage with them in a civil manner.  Maybe you need to hire an agent for her to help her manage these things like a kind, mature adult. Also, could you please address the modesty issue and the blatant hypocrisy your family shows in this area while condemning others?  Oh! Could you then address this whole college thing because most of the females in your family have college degrees??  

14 minutes ago, polecat said:

As for furniture, aykm? It's kind of a long-standing joke that women love rearranging furniture and annoying their husbands. Just because Lori's too lazy to lift a finger around the house doesn't mean every woman is.

My husband always says that he never knows where the sofa/bed/dresser/coffee tables/night stand will be when he gets home.  Or what color the walls will be.  I've been known to paint and rearrange a room or two while he's off at work.  It would never even occur to me to wait for him to move it for me.  Gotta keep moving.  Shoving and sliding are things I do well.

Of course Lori's the woman who didn't have the sense to pick up her purse and leave the house when her neighborhood was burning down...had to call her son-in-law for help.

My son, Steven, from Texas, told me to call Jon, my son-in-law, and have him come over to be with me in case I needed to evacuate. He showed up shortly afterwards and told me to pack up right away. We needed to get out soon. {The picture above is the one he took as he was coming to get me.}

What to pack? I was paralyzed. I had no idea. Jon told me to get passports, birth certificates, etc. so I did. I went up into my room and grabbed a bit of my lotions, makeup, toothbrush, socks, and clothes.

Because make up and lotion are the kind of things a rational person packs in an emergency situation.  

Lori's replies are just weird.

Reader:

I think it's bold of you to assume this of all women who go to college. In addition I know a lot of women who didn't leave college as foolish...

Lori:

Yes, there are many foolish women these days who are tearing down their homes with their own hands. College does not teach women anything about building up their homes in godliness.

:GRONDE: How does that relate to what the reader said?

When the commenter writes "I think it's bold of you..." I'm pretty sure Lori is taking that as a compliment, signifying the commenter agrees with her.  We all know her reading comprehension is lacking, so she probably did not absorb the entire comment. 

Interesting point, my daughter is studying the 20's in history right now. The shoulder baring, nursing jobs, dancing, & equality in marriage stated then.... Not the ebil feminist '60's as Lori would get to have us believe. That means HER parents age folk were finding themselves some individual freedom.  

That woman is a putz. A shameless, rude, putz. 

SHE) called to me, "I dropped that at the wrong address, didn't I?" I laughed and told her that she had indeed. 

Ya know, if that had been a mayun, heeeeee wouldn't have screwed up the drop.  *silly women 

I guess those nurses who got foolish nursing degrees who helped take care of her in the hospital are tearing down their houses and should'nt have gotten those degrees??? She is such a stupid bitch.

I helped my mom move some furniture this past weekend at her house.  Also, my mother moved a refrigerator with a dolly last summer when they got a new one a few years back. Lori also doesn't realize that in many workplaces both men and women use dollies or types of equipment move heavy stuff.

42 minutes ago, teachergirl said:

I guess those nurses who got foolish nursing degrees who helped take care of her in the hospital are tearing down their houses and should'nt have gotten those degrees??? She is such a stupid bitch.

My thoughts exactly. My daughter is a new registered nurse and I am really learning a whole new appreciation for a job I already admired so much. I feel so bad for nurses who have to deal with patients like Lori (and their families.) Good grief; can you imagine having to deal with Ken?  That is assuming he'd stay by his wife's bedside, of course. 

Ugh, here we go again. College degrees are not worth the cost for women. So, is she going to give back her degree, tell her college that it is worthless to her? Are her daughters? Doubt it. I bet that Lori has a copy of her degree  somewhere in that million dollar home of theirs. Will @Kengive back the money that his business has made off the backs of working women, who most likely went to college or technical school? Doubt it. Freaking hypocrites.  

Also, Lori does read about girls worldwide who are shot at (like Malala) and left for dead, because they want to go to school? I mean, Lori can't be that clueless.  

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived