IGNORED

BOOK REVIEW: "The Power of a Transformed Wife"

23 minutes ago, Koala said:

1) If the book isn't the same as the blog, why did Lori ask sheeple people who had never read the book to leave her a 5 star review?

If the book isn't the same as the blog why can you (Koala) find blog posts identical to many portions of the book?

Also there are two new (non verified purchase) 5-star reviews. There are still only five verified purchase reviews, Four glowing and one 1-star. When I look at reviews I read a few good reviews and then I go to the bad reviews and see why they are bad reviews. Looks like Mary Ann removed her review so now the star ranking has gone up. Also the 2-star review by a husband has also been removed. :(   Has she and her leghumpers gotten to several of the reviewers?

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

If the book isn't the same as the blog why can you (Koala) find blog posts identical to many portions of the book?

Also there are two new (non verified purchase) 5-star reviews. There are still only five verified purchase reviews, Four glowing and one 1-star. When I look at reviews I read a few good reviews and then I go to the bad reviews and see why they are bad reviews. Looks like Mary Ann removed her review so now the star ranking has gone up. Also the 2-star review by a husband has also been removed. :(   Has she and her leghumpers gotten to several of the reviewers?

Threats of doxxing and lawsuits sure do have a dampening effect on negative reviews, don't they? I can't help but wonder how Amazon would deal with such threats from an author selling on their site.

She wasn't kidding when she said she gets her way one way or another. Nasty piece of work.

I have never seen an author on Amazon spend so much time responding to reviews. If she didn't want any negative reviews, she should not have written her book and sold it through Amazon.  Perhaps she should have sold it only on her FB page or blog instead.

At some point, Amazon need to be aware that Lorken and her cronies are harassing those reviewers who are not kissing Lorken's ass.

4 minutes ago, freealljs said:

I have never seen an author on Amazon spend so much time responding to reviews. If she didn't want any negative reviews, she should not have written her book and sold it through Amazon.  Perhaps she should have sold it only on her FB page or blog instead.

At some point, Amazon need to be aware that Lorken and her cronies are harassing those reviewers who are not kissing Lorken's ass.

Jill Zarin from The Real Housewives of NYC allegedly used the name Susan Saunders to review her book and blast negative reviewers. I think there was some proof based on the profile. It was comedy gold reading it.

A quick question. Has Lori ever mentioned any sort of mentor or spiritual advisor? I cannot think of a single religious person I know who does not at least have one even if it's just to say they have one in name only. Does she belong to a women's group at least where she is just one among many? Is she accountable to anyone to bounce ideas off of? Or is it just her, Ken, the Bible, and some lube?

Interesting fact: even the Pope has advisors and confessors he is accountable to.

21 minutes ago, Grimalkin said:

Jill Zarin from The Real Housewives of NYC allegedly used the name Susan Saunders to review her book and blast negative reviewers. I think there was some proof based on the profile. It was comedy gold reading it.

A quick question. Has Lori ever mentioned any sort of mentor or spiritual advisor? I cannot think of a single religious person I know who does not at least have one even if it's just to say they have one in name only. Does she belong to a women's group at least where she is just one among many? Is she accountable to anyone to bounce ideas off of? Or is it just her, Ken, the Bible, and some lube?

Interesting fact: even the Pope has advisors and confessors he is accountable to.

Debbie Pearl. Debbie Pearl is her wet dream. 

5 minutes ago, Shiny said:

Debbie Pearl. Debbie Pearl is her wet dream. 

Who can forget Debbie Pearl "spanking" Lori with her words? No, seriously, who, because I would really like to know how to forget it...:pb_confused:

About 95% sure that I'll buy a copy of her book, review it, and take the heat off of "Mary Ann". I am not worried about Lori finding out my real name (God knows she's banned me on FB), or seeing my purchase history on Amazon (spoiler alert: a shitload of textbooks). The real question is can I do justice in the review to the horrible, no good, very bad advice that she gives?

Lori-

All of the true reviews of my book with "verified purchase" have all given me 5 stars! Praise the Lord!

Not one reviewer who has given me one star has purchased my book.

Well don't look now, but 2 of the 6 verified purchases are 1 star reviews. According to Lori, a verified review = a true review, so there's that.

From the most recent review:

For a detailed review we will be reviewing this book chapter by chapter at No Longer Quivering on Patheos.

The way Lori lies, I could still see her claiming that her book got 5 stars, because anything less wasn't a "true review". Praise the Lord and pass the names of anyone who dares disagree.  

I thought of one but then you left the caveat that it needed to offer health insurance too. The oldest profession in world does not provide health insurance.
And I would like to know how is working from home trying to balance a job and kids and possibly homeschooling not being there for your kids. I mean come on- yes the widow may physically be at the house but s/he would not be there mentally. Verses many jobs you can leave at the door of the employer when you walk out. Or if you are a teacher you could get lucky and be in the district your kids attend and still have the same time together and get a good education.
What does All Mighty Lori say men must do if they are left widowed? Marry the first "Christian" lady that comes along?

There's a fitness blogger I follow who makes a living through things like online workout videos, so she works from home and is theoretically "with" her two small children all day every day while her husband's at the office.

She also has a nanny come in for the times she's working. It means that not only can she work more effectively (bringing in more money to support her family), but that her kids get someone who is 100% attentive to them while Mom's working, and the rest of the time get a mom who is fully present with them. Lori would probably have a fit at the idea of a WAHM having a nanny, of course, but I'm not sure what she thinks the alternative would be.

I am going to put this here, since the man Lori is quoting posted his comments in the reviews on Amazon.  Again, *and I try to avoid this*, I am posting all of it before Lori goes on an editing spree.  She did it on the last post I quoted, and I suspect before the day is out, she will do it to this one as well:

Her husband yells at her and she doesn’t know what to do. A man named Trey responded to her and gave her this advice. I enjoy hearing men’s perspective. I believe we can all learn from them.

“Quit being your husband’s enemy and he will quit treating you like one. If your husband is yelling at you, maybe it’s because you are not listening to him the first (10) times he tells you something. Do what he says the first time and he will not have to repeat it louder next time. Believe me when I tell you that he does not want to be yelling any more than you want him yelling but that is what overwhelming frustration does to some men. I am not saying it’s right; it’s wrong but it’s reality.”

He probably has a point here. I know Ken doesn’t like it when he has to ask me something over and over again because I am not being respectful to him. We must develop an ear for our husband’s voice and listen carefully when they speak to us. Ken doesn’t yell at me but it sure does irritate him if I’m not listening to him, that is for sure! Yes, there are some truly mean and angry men who will yell regardless of how much their wives listen to them and this is when they need to apply 1 Peter 3:1-6 to their lives and “suffereth long” as the KJV describes godly love which definitely applies to a marriage.

“When a man shows anger, it’s often his reaction to pain and/or frustration. If he is directing his anger towards you, then you are most likely causing him pain and/or blocking his goals. His angry reactions are sinful (no doubt), but without your sinful actions (contention, disobedience, rebellion) being there in the first place, he would have nothing to wrongly react to. Christian women need to understand that THEY are most often causing the problems in their marriage. They are not obeying God and treating their husband properly (as God has commanded) and are thereby the root cause of the marital problems.”

I agree with him. I have mentored many women throughout the years and almost every single time that a woman becomes a godly, submissive help meet to her husband who begins smiling at him and being joyful around him, her husband responds and the marriage improves dramatically very quickly. Ken has mentored men also, though not nearly as many women as I have, and it hasn’t helped one marriage yet. A godly, great guy can’t get a wife’s attention and motivate her to change when she has a rebellious, stubborn heart. (There are still a few women that have disobedient husbands who are still practicing 1 Peter 3:1-6 with their husbands and praying consistently for their soul, however, as stated above.) The Bible agrees with this man as well. “Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands”(Proverbs 14:1), plus the verses in Proverbs about quarreling wives making their husband’s lives miserable. (Before you are critical about this man for his comment, remember he wrote “most often” and he is right from my experience and what the Word states.)

“Are you tired of arguing with your husband? Then (do what Lori did with Ken and) quit arguing with him. It really is that simple. Ladies, you hold the keys to your successful (or horrible) marriage. Even if your man has the patience of Job and can suffer silently in the face of all of your sin (contention and disrespect and disobedience and rebellion and pride and stubbornness), your marriage will still not be blessed and experience true intimacy until you start doing it right (God’s way).”

Yes, the key to our marriage becoming light years better was when I stopped arguing with Ken. There can be only one leader in the home and we are not it, women. The sooner you understand this and begin treating the leader of your home with respect and submitting to him, the sooner you will have a good marriage and a peaceful, enjoyable home.

“Many men can’t do that (suffer silently) by the way, but even if they are not outspoken about it, that does not mean that you are not hurting them. You are just killing them slowly like one of the posters above said. He is not exaggerating one bit. It is a slow and excruciatingly painful death living with a woman who claims to be a Christian but acts like the devil and no matter what the man does it will never get better until you start doing it right.”

Ken is a command man so he didn’t just suffer silently. He let me know I was wrong and fought back by trying to reason with me. He knew something was wrong with our marriage and hated the almost constant arguing. It made both of us miserable. If you are married to a Steady, he will most likely only suffer silently. I hear of these men who are experiencing a “slow and excruciatingly painful death” with their rebellious wives and it’s horrible. They are good men too. They would make godly, submissive women very happy but these disobedient wives are too busy fighting them to realize the treasure they have in their husbands.

“What is doing it right? Listen to what Lori and Debi Pearl are trying to teach you about what God commands you.”

Thank you. We both have committed to teaching women Titus 2:3-5 and it has produced a ton of good fruit as God’s ways always do.

“Start with RESPECT. (Eph. 5:33) Look it up in the dictionary and learn what it means. Admire them, think highly of them, and treat them well. If your husband felt respected by you, it is hard to imagine that he would be yelling at you. Men tend to give respect where they get it.”

This is true for by far the majority of marriages. Yes, there are some extremely difficult husbands but most of them are not and respond quickly to a wife that respects and appreciates them as their leader and head over her.

“SUBMIT to your husband in EVERYTHING. (Eph. 5:22) Seriously, what is not included in EVERYTHING. The only thing is sin. If he is asking you to go and rob banks and kill people with him and be Bonnie to his Clyde, then meekly, gently and respectfully tell him that you cannot do that because it violates Gods word and quote the scripture verses and then ask him if there is some other activity that you guys can do together because you love spending time with him but robbing and murder violates Gods commands. Other than sin, everything means EVERYTHING. If you are submitting to your husband in everything, what could he possibly have to yell at you about about?”

Yes, this is 100% biblical.

“How seriously are you supposed to submit to him in everything? Just as you would to Jesus Christ Himself. (Eph. 5:24) Are you treating your husband the same way (honor, obedience, meekness, gentleness, respect, reverence) that you would treat Jesus if he were physically living in the same house with you? Heck, a lot of women don’t even treat their husbands with the same kindness they would treat some random stranger with but just can’t for the life of them figure out why their husbands don’t shower them with love and affection. Some women (ones with passive-aggressive personalities) can be very kind and agreeable to their husbands on the surface but drive them utterly insane with their subversive actions. If you were treating your husband like you would treat Jesus, would he really be yelling at you?”

What a great illustration! Just imagine how you would treat your husband if he were Jesus. No, your husband is not perfect as Jesus is but just as the Church submits to Christ, so are wives told to submit to their husbands. Ponder this a while.

“Again, the bottom line, quit being your husbands enemy and he will quit treating you like one. Become his true help meet and he will start treating you like a rare and precious gift to be cherished. He will treat you as if your value is far above rubies because at that point, it will be.”

Amen.

Signed- Two Idiots who could write a "how to" book on spousal abuse.  

https://thetransformedwife.com/her-husband-yells-at-her/

I am going to put this here, since the man Lori is quoting posted his comments in the reviews on Amazon.  Again, *and I try to avoid this*, I am posting all of it before Lori goes on an editing spree.  She did it on the last post I quoted, and I suspect before the day is out, she will do it to this one as well:
Her husband yells at her and she doesn’t know what to do. A man named Trey responded to her and gave her this advice. I enjoy hearing men’s perspective. I believe we can all learn from them.
“Quit being your husband’s enemy and he will quit treating you like one. If your husband is yelling at you, maybe it’s because you are not listening to him the first (10) times he tells you something. Do what he says the first time and he will not have to repeat it louder next time. Believe me when I tell you that he does not want to be yelling any more than you want him yelling but that is what overwhelming frustration does to some men. I am not saying it’s right; it’s wrong but it’s reality.”
He probably has a point here. I know Ken doesn’t like it when he has to ask me something over and over again because I am not being respectful to him. We must develop an ear for our husband’s voice and listen carefully when they speak to us. Ken doesn’t yell at me but it sure does irritate him if I’m not listening to him, that is for sure! Yes, there are some truly mean and angry men who will yell regardless of how much their wives listen to them and this is when they need to apply 1 Peter 3:1-6 to their lives and “suffereth long” as the KJV describes godly love which definitely applies to a marriage.
“When a man shows anger, it’s often his reaction to pain and/or frustration. If he is directing his anger towards you, then you are most likely causing him pain and/or blocking his goals. His angry reactions are sinful (no doubt), but without your sinful actions (contention, disobedience, rebellion) being there in the first place, he would have nothing to wrongly react to. Christian women need to understand that THEY are most often causing the problems in their marriage. They are not obeying God and treating their husband properly (as God has commanded) and are thereby the root cause of the marital problems.”
I agree with him. I have mentored many women throughout the years and almost every single time that a woman becomes a godly, submissive help meet to her husband who begins smiling at him and being joyful around him, her husband responds and the marriage improves dramatically very quickly. Ken has mentored men also, though not nearly as many women as I have, and it hasn’t helped one marriage yet. A godly, great guy can’t get a wife’s attention and motivate her to change when she has a rebellious, stubborn heart. (There are still a few women that have disobedient husbands who are still practicing 1 Peter 3:1-6 with their husbands and praying consistently for their soul, however, as stated above.) The Bible agrees with this man as well. “Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands”(Proverbs 14:1), plus the verses in Proverbs about quarreling wives making their husband’s lives miserable. (Before you are critical about this man for his comment, remember he wrote “most often” and he is right from my experience and what the Word states.)
“Are you tired of arguing with your husband? Then (do what Lori did with Ken and) quit arguing with him. It really is that simple. Ladies, you hold the keys to your successful (or horrible) marriage. Even if your man has the patience of Job and can suffer silently in the face of all of your sin (contention and disrespect and disobedience and rebellion and pride and stubbornness), your marriage will still not be blessed and experience true intimacy until you start doing it right (God’s way).”
Yes, the key to our marriage becoming light years better was when I stopped arguing with Ken. There can be only one leader in the home and we are not it, women. The sooner you understand this and begin treating the leader of your home with respect and submitting to him, the sooner you will have a good marriage and a peaceful, enjoyable home.
“Many men can’t do that (suffer silently) by the way, but even if they are not outspoken about it, that does not mean that you are not hurting them. You are just killing them slowly like one of the posters above said. He is not exaggerating one bit. It is a slow and excruciatingly painful death living with a woman who claims to be a Christian but acts like the devil and no matter what the man does it will never get better until you start doing it right.”
Ken is a command man so he didn’t just suffer silently. He let me know I was wrong and fought back by trying to reason with me. He knew something was wrong with our marriage and hated the almost constant arguing. It made both of us miserable. If you are married to a Steady, he will most likely only suffer silently. I hear of these men who are experiencing a “slow and excruciatingly painful death” with their rebellious wives and it’s horrible. They are good men too. They would make godly, submissive women very happy but these disobedient wives are too busy fighting them to realize the treasure they have in their husbands.
“What is doing it right? Listen to what Lori and Debi Pearl are trying to teach you about what God commands you.”
Thank you. We both have committed to teaching women Titus 2:3-5 and it has produced a ton of good fruit as God’s ways always do.
“Start with RESPECT. (Eph. 5:33) Look it up in the dictionary and learn what it means. Admire them, think highly of them, and treat them well. If your husband felt respected by you, it is hard to imagine that he would be yelling at you. Men tend to give respect where they get it.”
This is true for by far the majority of marriages. Yes, there are some extremely difficult husbands but most of them are not and respond quickly to a wife that respects and appreciates them as their leader and head over her.
“SUBMIT to your husband in EVERYTHING. (Eph. 5:22) Seriously, what is not included in EVERYTHING. The only thing is sin. If he is asking you to go and rob banks and kill people with him and be Bonnie to his Clyde, then meekly, gently and respectfully tell him that you cannot do that because it violates Gods word and quote the scripture verses and then ask him if there is some other activity that you guys can do together because you love spending time with him but robbing and murder violates Gods commands. Other than sin, everything means EVERYTHING. If you are submitting to your husband in everything, what could he possibly have to yell at you about about?”
Yes, this is 100% biblical.
“How seriously are you supposed to submit to him in everything? Just as you would to Jesus Christ Himself. (Eph. 5:24) Are you treating your husband the same way (honor, obedience, meekness, gentleness, respect, reverence) that you would treat Jesus if he were physically living in the same house with you? Heck, a lot of women don’t even treat their husbands with the same kindness they would treat some random stranger with but just can’t for the life of them figure out why their husbands don’t shower them with love and affection. Some women (ones with passive-aggressive personalities) can be very kind and agreeable to their husbands on the surface but drive them utterly insane with their subversive actions. If you were treating your husband like you would treat Jesus, would he really be yelling at you?”
What a great illustration! Just imagine how you would treat your husband if he were Jesus. No, your husband is not perfect as Jesus is but just as the Church submits to Christ, so are wives told to submit to their husbands. Ponder this a while.
“Again, the bottom line, quit being your husbands enemy and he will quit treating you like one. Become his true help meet and he will start treating you like a rare and precious gift to be cherished. He will treat you as if your value is far above rubies because at that point, it will be.”
Amen.
Signed- Two Idiots who could write a "how to" book on spousal abuse.  
https://thetransformedwife.com/her-husband-yells-at-her/

I really hope Trey isn't married.

"Terry,

For one thing, I never said I was going after anybody, did I? These are my words, “Can you email me her name, Stephanie? I sure would appreciate it! Oh, and thank you for your comment and support.” I am thinking about calling her and trying to talk with her since she has been harassing me for many years and enjoys slandering me on Amazon and any chance she gets but we would never sue anyone. We never have and never will. I know they hate the Lord and not me. It’s a spiritual battle and I have written that I leave it in the Lord’s capable hands.

Blessings!"

Love, Lori.    I thought someone said her and Ken threatened legal action before?

I'm going to start treating my husband as if he is Jesus living in our house.

First, sex is out because the thought of having sex with Jesus just doesn't seem right.

Hopefully his boss won't think it's weird that he wears only flowing robes and sandals to work, but it can't be helped.

I guess I'll just have to put up with him talking to various women at our local well.

Happily though, we'll always have plenty of wine, fish and loaves of bread in the house.

It'll be hard having him go off to the desert by himself for over a month every now and again, but at least I won't have to wash his filthy feet and anoint them with my good perfume while he's gone.

I might have to draw the line at selling our car to buy a donkey and waving palm fronds in front of him as he rides.

How come she hates women so much? And where does she meet all these crappy, arguing and bitchy wives? I know a few, but nowhere near as many as Lori.

She has a low opinion of men as well. Men  are powerless to change their wives in the way wives can change their husbands. They can also not change their own behavior unless their wives worship them. So they are not even 'man' enough to be responsible for their own sin. 

Lori infantilises men and blames women. Thank goodness I found a man who has outgrown his emotional daipers.

What the fuck did I just read?  On top of the usual abuse excusing, women hating, ignorant blah blah blah, if your husband wants you to MURDER people with him, "meekly" tell him that's a sin and ask if there are other activities you can maybe do together?  What, like bowling?  No....that requires leaving the house so sin....maybe you can practice putting soup in the fridge together.  That will for sure scratch his murdering itch.  I'm sure he won't turn his murderiness on you, and if he does, just remember you deserve it!

:smiley-signs131:

Ken has mentored men also, though not nearly as many women as I have, and it hasn’t helped one marriage yet.

Dang, she just loves getting those little jabs in at Ken every time she gets a chance, doesn't she?

eta: And women not listening to men the first 10 times is completely a reason for men to lose their shit and start yelling at women, but men not listening to women the first 10 times is NEVER a reason for nagging. Nope, never never never never. NEVER. Got it. In my world, people should just be respectful, period, and everything would work out great, but in Lori's world, women should respect men and men can treat women however the hell they want as long as they can imagine scenarios in which they'd "lay down their lives" knowing they damn well will never have to actually do it.

This thread has given me "murderiness" and "emotional diapers," and I love you guys so much. SO MUCH.

1 hour ago, Koala said:

Lori Alexander is perpetuating the narrative that if a woman is being abused, it's really her fault. 

Yes, she is. My own father started screaming at my mother the moment he walked in the door in the  evening. Not every evening, but 3-4 times per week.

She quaked and shook as she open the door to let him in the house. We all did. He screamed about everything and anything. The house was always immaculate, the kids upstairs and silent, yet he screamed and cursed and (I found about later) hit her. My mother, a gentle and kind person, never cracked the code on what would stop him from screaming. I think she suspected it was all her fault, but never knew what she was doing wrong, exactly.

My mother is dead now, but I think of all the other women out there who are reading Lori's words and hating themselves.

I found Lori's post very triggering.

Lori Alexander is perpetuating the narrative that if a woman is being abused, it's really her fault. 

Was that on her blog or on her Facebook page? And which post?

Quite frankly, that comments shows her blame of women more than anything else I've read from her. She completely ignores the fact that abusive husbands are trying to exert control and that if the wife were doing something else, the result would be the same--because it is about his heart, not about her words or actions. It is this kind of comment that makes her spiritually abusive, and it's the reason I dislike her more than anyone else we snark on.

2 minutes ago, molecule said:

Quite frankly, that comments shows her blame of women more than anything else I've read from her. She completely ignores the fact that abusive husbands are trying to exert control and that if the wife were doing something else, the result would be the same--because it is about his heart, not about her words or actions. It is this kind of comment that makes her spiritually abusive, and it's the reason I dislike her more than anyone else we snark on.

It's today's post on her blog.

1 minute ago, molecule said:

It's in her blog post today, but she got the quotes from a man who is commenting on one of her Amazon reviews.  Does that make sense?

I agree, that it's a very telling post.  Kind of like her rape apologist post.  I think the loss of control over negative reviews is causing her to come unraveled, and this is the result.

I think the loss of control over negative reviews is causing her to come unraveled, and this is the result.

I agree. She doesn't seem to be taking any time to think about any of this, and her behavior seems to me snowballing out of control.

4 minutes ago, molecule said:

I agree. She doesn't seem to be taking any time to think about any of this, and her behavior seems to me snowballing out of control.

The posting and deleting, just to turn around and post and delete again on Amazon were the indicators that Lori is unable to tolerate conversations in which she can't control the narrative.  

It's easy to call someone a liar if you have a delete button, and can make anything they say disappear.  When they chime right back in and offer to provide links to back up their assertions...well, that's a different story entirely.  

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived