IGNORED

Peggy knew her place.

formergothardite

:angry-cussingblack: :angry-banghead:

So God's daughter has a review of Captain America, which I have never seen and I no idea of anything about it, so I don't know if her perception of the characters are accurate. She is talking about the characters and she gets to Peggy and this is what she has to say:

I loved this girl. It's not often that you see a girl in a movie that isn't a feminist and wants to be 'up and out there' with the guys.

Peggy knew her place.

Yes, she's in the army.

Yes, she can fight if need be.

But she let the men do it... unless they needed her, of course. ;)

:angry-screaming:

god-sdaughter.blogspot.com/

Guest Anonymous
:angry-cussingblack: :angry-banghead:

So God's daughter has a review of Captain America, which I have never seen and I no idea of anything about it, so I don't know if her perception of the characters are accurate. She is talking about the characters and she gets to Peggy and this is what she has to say:

I loved this girl. It's not often that you see a girl in a movie that isn't a feminist and wants to be 'up and out there' with the guys.

Peggy knew her place.

Yes, she's in the army.

Yes, she can fight if need be.

But she let the men do it... unless they needed her, of course. ;)

:angry-screaming:

god-sdaughter.blogspot.com/

God's daughter, huh? Is it too late for Him to disown her?

I saw the movie back in July. I don't know what she means by "not a feminist but wants to be up and out there with the guys".?? Isn't that sort of a feminist?

The movie took place in WW II, so of course she wasn't fighting. But she was no shrinking violet. She worked on the project that made the scrawny guy into Captain America.

It was a poorly written sentence, but I think she meant that Peggy didn't want to be up and out there with the guys like the ebil feminists who probably don't have cute hair or wear lipstick.

It's been a while since I've seen Captain America, but IIRC Peggy does get into trouble at one point for NOT "knowing her place." She was definitely not a shrinking violet, ffs in her first scene she punches a guy in the gut! That's not a "godly helpmeet" or whatever the fuck these people call women. While she didn't do a lot of fighting, her role is fairly accurate for a woman in the military in the 1940s. Of course, the movie failed to explain why a British woman was in the American army, but imo the movie has quite a few faults.

Le sigh.

I actually saw this a few minutes ago, and I was going to make a post about it, but you beat me to it.

Gaah, it made me angry. But the way she wrote the sentence confused me. What exactly did she mean?

She did know her place: right where "this man's army" didn't want her to be. She was one of the people who chose the candidate for a top-secret and very dangerous program intended to win the war. She took no crap from anyone and, yes, her very first scene included punching a big guy right in the breadbasket for daring to disrespect her authority. She did whatever it took to get America's super-soldier into combat where he belonged, including (apparently) forging orders to get herself sent much closer to the front lines than she would have been allowed to be. And she went into combat when the time came to attack the HYDRA base.

ETA: She and Steve Rogers initially bonded over having to eat a ration of crap every day and not wanting to put up with it anymore.

Archived